Part 17: E&J, Ellie the princess of Utah

Ceirsten8676
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Part 17: E&J, Ellie the princess of Utah

Post by Ceirsten8676 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:16 am

They have absolutely 0 backyard. It's all rock. I feel so bad for the kids.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016110 ... da866b.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016110 ... c88177.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Post by daisy1000 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:38 am

Ceirsten8676 wrote:They have absolutely 0 backyard. It's all rock. I feel so bad for the kids.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016110 ... da866b.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016110 ... c88177.jpg[/img]

I guess since they gave the kids a huge playroom in the basement, they aren't too worried about outside play which sucks because if I were to build a house, I would want an nice outside area. They just expect their kids to play in the basement all summer long or in the hot tub.
chipmunks
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by chipmunks » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:53 am

i don't think we can really judge how much play room there will be until the grass grows in. it's not ideal but imo they've made an interesting space with a few runs for play. they may like the big rock look versus the smaller ones posted earlier because it looks more like the mountains. who knows. i don't think we'll truly get a good look at it until spring.
Enchantedbybeautyy
Informer
Informer

Post by Enchantedbybeautyy » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:25 am

nutbagmcgee wrote:The mantle in the basement is SO tall. The mirror looks so dumb up that high. They needed artwork of some sort, the mirror is useless.
Notice how they have useless mirrors everywhere in that house though lol
mummabec

Post by mummabec » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:54 am

first time poster here...
everytime i see e&j backyard and all the rocks i can't help but think of all the spiders and snakes that will hide in the rocks?
Cgl33
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Cgl33 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:54 am

They really shouldn't have put in the hot tub. It is way too big for the space. They could have gotten a nice swing set and gotten the hot tub when their kids are older. Or they should have bought a small hot tub and left more room for the kids to play.
Ducklings4
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ducklings4 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:01 am

daisy1000 wrote:
Ceirsten8676 wrote:They have absolutely 0 backyard. It's all rock. I feel so bad for the kids.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016110 ... da866b.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016110 ... c88177.jpg[/img]

I guess since they gave the kids a huge playroom in the basement, they aren't too worried about outside play which sucks because if I were to build a house, I would want an nice outside area. They just expect their kids to play in the basement all summer long or in the hot tub.
It will be such a pain to mow their backyard when the grass comes in.

Ducklings4
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Ducklings4 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:03 am

mummabec wrote:first time poster here...
everytime i see e&j backyard and all the rocks i can't help but think of all the spiders and snakes that will hide in the rocks?
They have nice so they may want the snakes.

dw30
Talker
Talker

Post by dw30 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:00 am

Who in their right mind contradicts a parent let alone right in front of both parent & child. Narcissistic much! Good on Bonnie for calling her out on it, even if it was just with her facials.

crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Post by crowmtmom78 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:25 am

Cgl33 wrote:They really shouldn't have put in the hot tub. It is way too big for the space. They could have gotten a nice swing set and gotten the hot tub when their kids are older. Or they should have bought a small hot tub and left more room for the kids to play.
If I remember correctly, they are going to have a swing set.....on the rocks. How long to the first accident?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:35 am

What is the round thing going to be? The fire pit?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by workfromhomemom » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:08 am

Is anyone giving them guidance on their awful backyard? Are they ignoring just like they have everything else? It's getting so junked up IMO with everything that they add to it. I never thought of snakes and such. The mice already freaked me out!
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by alym0326 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:36 am

At least we know the people at their church won't starve for Christmas... 400 people is too many to cook for, so they're probably gonna get a caterer and caterers portion sizes are MUCH bigger than Ellie's.

HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:40 am

I think it all comes down to poor planning. This whole project started months ahead of when they had originally planned because they found a good price on that lot. It was under $80k, and by now their landscaping costs have to be approaching that! Having a team of landscapers there daily, complete with an excavator is not cheap. They haven't even gotten into the expense of a fence yet! I can't believe that this was their dream all along. I get the impression that they made an impulsive purchase because their friends were buying right away, and now they are spending money trying to turn it into something that's just not possible. I remember predicting that Ellie was going to want a pool when they were at the DB mansion for the first time. You could see she was green with envy. That's when the "super hot tub" concept started being thrown around. My guess is that it took up an area they originally planned on being the boys okay area. Not to mention, can you imagine how dangerous it will be in the winter of the boys try to sled down all the snow covered rock work?

Basically, I think they bought the land because of the price. They thought it was enough, but then the house plans kept getting bigger and they never realized how much space was going to be used up. Then they started adding fire pits and hot tubs. It will feel even more closed in once they add a fence... which they absolutely should if they are getting a dog. I think they are impulsive and desperately trying to keep up with their friends, and that's why this whole house build process has had so many mistakes and questionable decisions.
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:43 am

workfromhomemom wrote:Is anyone giving them guidance on their awful backyard? Are they ignoring just like they have everything else? It's getting so junked up IMO with everything that they add to it. I never thought of snakes and such. The mice already freaked me out!
I think at this point they just keep adding features to try and make it better. It's like putting lipstick on a pig at this point, and I think they are just wasting money.

And I agree about the snakes. Plus if they get a dog, they won't have to worry as much about the mice anyway.
kami11
Amateur
Amateur

Post by kami11 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:38 am

Saw this gem on Ellie's Twitter. Any other kid and I would thibk it was cute. Coming from Jackson and I feel like it says so much about what life is like for him- not enough food, so he thinks it is a gift and so few toys that he wouldn't think to ask for any.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016110 ... 50f8b0.jpg[/img]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Hershey821
Talker
Talker

Post by Hershey821 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:06 am

dw30 wrote:Who in their right mind contradicts a parent let alone right in front of both parent & child. Narcissistic much! Good on Bonnie for calling her out on it, even if it was just with her facials.

Wait what happened? I haven't watch a few E+J vlogs.

LillyBella
Amateur
Amateur

Post by LillyBella » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:16 am

So I've just watched the newest vlog and Calvin started screaming for the camera so she gave him some kind of detergent/cleaning liquid (I'm afraid I couldn't read the brand). I mean he couldn't (probably) open it, but I still wouldn't give him the container! Also, they watched a movie in the basement, right next to Jackson's room, and were going to "hook up the sound system" so does that mean they're gonna blast the sound and Jackson can't sleep?
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by workfromhomemom » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:41 pm

kami11 wrote:Saw this gem on Ellie's Twitter. Any other kid and I would thibk it was cute. Coming from Jackson and I feel like it says so much about what life is like for him- not enough food, so he thinks it is a gift and so few toys that he wouldn't think to ask for any.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I thought the same exact thing!
KitKat 01
Amateur
Amateur

Post by KitKat 01 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:32 pm

There's more evidence that Jared's brother, Matt, is trying to make a career out of YouTube. In Matt's latest vlog, he and Emily go to a Utah Youtuber party. Ellie and Jared don't make an appearance at it, probably because it is too beneath them. The party appears to be a group of low subscriber youtubers who are trying to gain viewers by dipping into each other's. Anyway, just thought I'd share because I know there's been speculation that he is no longer working, and this just adds to that theory.
nc_mom
Talker
Talker

Post by nc_mom » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:41 pm

What strikes me the most about E&J is the lack of educational or intellectual environment in their home. Where are the books and bookcases? You never see them quietly interacting with the children to teach them anything. Ellie only cares about how she looks and her neediness to coddle Calvin so she feels needed and loved. Jared seems only interested in playing and acting immature at all times. Instead of him sitting down and reading with the boys he is outside playing with his drone and screaming like a child. There is a total lack of anything serious and meaningful in their lives. They spent so much time designing the basement as a play area for the kids yet there is nothing educational down there to encourage a love of learning and reading. Today while briefly looking at the vlog for 5 mins (can't take anymore of that!) the first thing I see is Jackson jumping up and down on the new couch upstairs in his diaper being encouraged by Jared to do so. They don't seem to train the children on how to act and what is appropriate. They have no boundaries and certainly no intellectual stimulation. Are they hoping to raise their boys to just spend their lives playing and becoming shallow and materialistic like their parents?
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by tratra58 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:29 pm

nc_mom wrote:What strikes me the most about E&J is the lack of educational or intellectual environment in their home. Where are the books and bookcases? You never see them quietly interacting with the children to teach them anything. Ellie only cares about how she looks and her neediness to coddle Calvin so she feels needed and loved. Jared seems only interested in playing and acting immature at all times. Instead of him sitting down and reading with the boys he is outside playing with his drone and screaming like a child. There is a total lack of anything serious and meaningful in their lives. They spent so much time designing the basement as a play area for the kids yet there is nothing educational down there to encourage a love of learning and reading. Today while briefly looking at the vlog for 5 mins (can't take anymore of that!) the first thing I see is Jackson jumping up and down on the new couch upstairs in his diaper being encouraged by Jared to do so. They don't seem to train the children on how to act and what is appropriate. They have no boundaries and certainly no intellectual stimulation. Are they hoping to raise their boys to just spend their lives playing and becoming shallow and materialistic like their parents?
Very good assessment of Ellie and especially Jared. I am not getting the jumping on brand new expensive couches. I see the materialistic focus from new iPhones to Drones...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by tratra58 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:32 pm

nc_mom wrote:What strikes me the most about E&J is the lack of educational or intellectual environment in their home. Where are the books and bookcases? You never see them quietly interacting with the children to teach them anything. Ellie only cares about how she looks and her neediness to coddle Calvin so she feels needed and loved. Jared seems only interested in playing and acting immature at all times. Instead of him sitting down and reading with the boys he is outside playing with his drone and screaming like a child. There is a total lack of anything serious and meaningful in their lives. They spent so much time designing the basement as a play area for the kids yet there is nothing educational down there to encourage a love of learning and reading. Today while briefly looking at the vlog for 5 mins (can't take anymore of that!) the first thing I see is Jackson jumping up and down on the new couch upstairs in his diaper being encouraged by Jared to do so. They don't seem to train the children on how to act and what is appropriate. They have no boundaries and certainly no intellectual stimulation. Are they hoping to raise their boys to just spend their lives playing and becoming shallow and materialistic like their parents?
Very good assessment of Ellie and especially Jared. I am not getting the jumping on brand new expensive couches. I see the materialistic focus from new iPhones to Drones...

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by tratra58 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:42 pm

KitKat 01 wrote:There's more evidence that Jared's brother, Matt, is trying to make a career out of YouTube. In Matt's latest vlog, he and Emily go to a Utah Youtuber party. Ellie and Jared don't make an appearance at it, probably because it is too beneath them. The party appears to be a group of low subscriber youtubers who are trying to gain viewers by dipping into each other's. Anyway, just thought I'd share because I know there's been speculation that he is no longer working, and this just adds to that theory.
Someone wrote on the comments not too family friendly which is true. But they are likely going after a younger audience vs. the moms. I am convinced like you said he is going for the big times with the fast money YouTube can offer and he is no longer working. I don't think it will work.

I actually would not have gone to this party especially with tired kids.

larissaledingham
Informer
Informer

Post by larissaledingham » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:12 pm

LillyBella wrote:So I've just watched the newest vlog and Calvin started screaming for the camera so she gave him some kind of detergent/cleaning liquid (I'm afraid I couldn't read the brand). I mean he couldn't (probably) open it, but I still wouldn't give him the container! Also, they watched a movie in the basement, right next to Jackson's room, and were going to "hook up the sound system" so does that mean they're gonna blast the sound and Jackson can't sleep?
Clorox disinfecting wipes

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Return to “Ellie and Jared”