Sam and Nia: Oils Scams and Losing Fans! | Part 8

elang4
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Sam and Nia: Oils Scams and Losing Fans! | Part 8

Unread post by elang4 »

So I am very clearly in the minority but I love Sam and Nia and their family. I’ve watched them from pretty much the beginning and from what I’ve seen they are devoted to their kids and their kids clearly adore them. I love watching their vlogs. Anyway, this probably isn’t the right forum for me but just wanted to have my day as well.
ThisOilyLife
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ThisOilyLife »

elang4 wrote:So I am very clearly in the minority but I love Sam and Nia and their family. I’ve watched them from pretty much the beginning and from what I’ve seen they are devoted to their kids and their kids clearly adore them. I love watching their vlogs. Anyway, this probably isn’t the right forum for me but just wanted to have my day as well.
I used to like them too, so I won’t drag you for still having a positive opinion of them. I do agree that their kids love them and I believe they love their kids too, I just see so many ways they could do better both in now they are raising them and how they could better financially support themselves with the vlog as well as other income streams - and I do not mean differences of opinion from a mom to a mom, I mean genuinely harmful choices they are making such as lack of education, speech therapy that Abram is in need of, etc. I genuinely hope that they make some positive changes because I think they would just be better off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mormonts
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mormonts »

elang4 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:33 am So I am very clearly in the minority but I love Sam and Nia and their family. I’ve watched them from pretty much the beginning and from what I’ve seen they are devoted to their kids and their kids clearly adore them. I love watching their vlogs. Anyway, this probably isn’t the right forum for me but just wanted to have my day as well.
Can I ask what you like about them? Please know that I'm not trying to hate on you. You can like who you like; I'm just very curious the other side of things. Here, we see them as lazy and careless when it comes to their kids, pets, and possessions. We also see Sam as particularly lazy and unwilling to help when it comes to his family and home, but I would like to see how someone else sees the situation.
elang4
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by elang4 »

mormonts wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:48 am
elang4 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:33 am So I am very clearly in the minority but I love Sam and Nia and their family. I’ve watched them from pretty much the beginning and from what I’ve seen they are devoted to their kids and their kids clearly adore them. I love watching their vlogs. Anyway, this probably isn’t the right forum for me but just wanted to have my day as well.
Can I ask what you like about them? Please know that I'm not trying to hate on you. You can like who you like; I'm just very curious the other side of things. Here, we see them as lazy and careless when it comes to their kids, pets, and possessions. We also see Sam as particularly lazy and unwilling to help when it comes to his family and home, but I would like to see how someone else sees the situation.
See I don’t see Sam as lazy at all. He’s done so many renovations to the house and built stuff himself. A lot of the time he built stuff that they didn’t really need but he did it because Nia really wanted it. He basically made that cabin worth living in from scratch. The pet situation is hard, I do understand that, but my aunt adopted a dog who had behavioural problems to the point that the dog was actually making her other dog more aggressive. It was the hardest decision she had to make but she knew she couldn’t keep her. So I do understand Sam and Nia’s decision. And they clearly love Oreo and Oreo very clearly loves them, especially Sam. She’s always all over Sam. That doesn’t say bad dog owners to me.
elang4
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by elang4 »

By the way, I’m not saying all this to create tension with you guys. Just wanted to share my opinion. I respect that others will have other views. And I am in no way saying Sam is perfect because he’s obviously made mistakes in the past but who hasn’t? If Nia can forgive him, I don’t see why people have to keep bringing up ancient history in comments to them which are probably very hurtful for both of them.
ThisOilyLife
Amateur
Amateur

elang4 wrote:
See I don’t see Sam as lazy at all. He’s done so many renovations to the house and built stuff himself. A lot of the time he built stuff that they didn’t really need but he did it because Nia really wanted it. He basically made that cabin worth living in from scratch. The pet situation is hard, I do understand that, but my aunt adopted a dog who had behavioural problems to the point that the dog was actually making her other dog more aggressive. It was the hardest decision she had to make but she knew she couldn’t keep her. So I do understand Sam and Nia’s decision. And they clearly love Oreo and Oreo very clearly loves them, especially Sam. She’s always all over Sam. That doesn’t say bad dog owners to me.
Did you watch the “Oreo is dying” video last week? Oreo was very clearly sick and he wounding take
Her to the vet. Good pet owners need to budget for medical expenses. Also they are careless with letting her loose very often and she has a history of running away.

Sam IS very hardworking at times, but very lazy at times. For example, right now Nia is obviously occupied with caring for their newborn, but he’s still not stepping up and taking care of household chores, schooling the older kids, etc. so he is being quite lazy currently. When he gets a new project, he will jump in head first. I have always said he could make a great business for their family by flipping houses, building cabinetry or other woodworking projects, etc. He has a good skill level but he doesn’t always put it to use. Also relating back to the $70 vet bill he didn’t want, they are clearly not making the money they did a few years ago, so putting his talents to use in a business wouId be very beneficial to the family.

elang4
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by elang4 »

ThisOilyLife wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:13 pm
elang4 wrote:

Did you watch the “Oreo is dying” video last week? Oreo was very clearly sick and he wounding take
Her to the vet. Good pet owners need to budget for medical expenses. Also they are careless with letting her loose very often and she has a history of running away.

Sam IS very hardworking at times, but very lazy at times. For example, right now Nia is obviously occupied with caring for their newborn, but he’s still not stepping up and taking care of household chores, schooling the older kids, etc. so he is being quite lazy currently. When he gets a new project, he will jump in head first. I have always said he could make a great business for their family by flipping houses, building cabinetry or other woodworking projects, etc. He has a good skill level but he doesn’t always put it to use. Also relating back to the $70 vet bill he didn’t want, they are clearly not making the money they did a few years ago, so putting his talents to use in a business wouId be very beneficial to the family.

I agree, maybe they should have taken Oreo to the vet but in recent vlogs, he said that Oreo was better and he’d obviously researched about what it was that could be wrong with her.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Sam may be hardworking in the areas that he likes work in, but they are very bound by traditional gender roles, and he doesn't seem to want to help out in areas that he perceives to be "women's work". And Nia needs help right now. It won't make Sam less "manly" if he helps Nia with the dishes and laundry.
My biggest issue with them is their judgemental way of living. To me, they are the type of Christian that gives religion a bad name. My parents were Christian, and very active in the Episcopal church, and didn't judge anyone. They just went to church and quietly went around helping people. They taught refugees English, fed homeless people, fundraised for and helped open a low-cost daycare center in the poorer neighborhood in town, etc. They didn’t give self-righteous speeches. It's not Sam's place to say who is a sinner. That is up to God.
It's fine to like them. And I appreciate that you didn't come in here telling us all how awful we are for disliking them, and calling us names. Nothing wrong with a differing opinion!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

mandy88
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mandy88 »

I used to love this family and their vlogs as well. I think for me they reached a point that they stopped realizing it was the fans that gave them their success and started acting entitled to it, especially Sam. I watched a super old video where Sam and Nia were going on a trip and their camera died right before leaving. Sam rushed out to buy a new one right before they left because they wanted to bring the viewers along since it was because of them they were having a nice vacation. It is that kind of Sam and Nia that I don't see anymore.

I also thought it was wonderful they used to do meet and greets all the time. They used to interact with their audience more. Now I get the feeling they think we should be grateful to them for showing us 10 minutes out of their day.

I appreciate all views and sides and I am glad you commented. No judgement here!
Sparklehorse1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Sparklehorse1 »

I used to like them as well but around the 3rd time they lost Oreo and refused their fan’s help to find her is when I lost respect for them.
Nia was doing an Instagram live putting on makeup and people were sending her links for found dogs and wondering if it was Oreo and she kept rolling her eyes and getting annoyed. By that time they had already found her but they had just wanted to reveal it on a vlog but the way she was treating people who were trying to help was disgusting.
I also got fed up with them constantly acting better than everyone because they are Christians but then constantly lying and stealing money and not helping others. Sam always talks about helping others but we never see them do anything for others. And lying and calling it “clickbait” I saw their true colors and I can’t go back.
mandy88
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mandy88 »

ThisOilyLife wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:43 am
elang4 wrote:So I am very clearly in the minority but I love Sam and Nia and their family. I’ve watched them from pretty much the beginning and from what I’ve seen they are devoted to their kids and their kids clearly adore them. I love watching their vlogs. Anyway, this probably isn’t the right forum for me but just wanted to have my day as well.
I used to like them too, so I won’t drag you for still having a positive opinion of them. I do agree that their kids love them and I believe they love their kids too, I just see so many ways they could do better both in now they are raising them and how they could better financially support themselves with the vlog as well as other income streams - and I do not mean differences of opinion from a mom to a mom, I mean genuinely harmful choices they are making such as lack of education, speech therapy that Abram is in need of, etc. I genuinely hope that they make some positive changes because I think they would just be better off.

If these kids went to an actual school, I am sure they could provide extra training or special ed. classes to help in improving Abram's speech. I agree that it is areas like this where the Raders choose to ignore what is best for the child and instead home school because Nia wants to.

Loved when Sam asked Sharon how he can be a better father and she said spend more time with your kids :lol:
baskinrobbins
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by baskinrobbins »

mandy88 wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:04 pm
Loved when Sam asked Sharon how he can be a better father and she said spend more time with your kids :lol:
Man she was really trying to get out of there. He was trying every trick in the book to cajole her into staying, getting the kids to cry and whine, asking her jokingly then directly why she was leaving, if she was ever coming back, then really laying it on in the car, asking why he’s such a failure as a father, why she’s mad at him. She just had to stick to her guns, she stayed kind but firm, and just said she needed to go home for a bit after she had been there for days. Then after she’s gone he tries to say she must feel terrible to leave the kids? I mean the woman’s working for free, she deserves a night off!
mandy88
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mandy88 »

All I thought about during Sam's rant today is how bad he needs a job. It would get him out of bed in the morning, give him motivation and something to work towards, keep his mind busy and from wandering into those strange places it seems to go, support their growing clan of whiny kids and potentially get health and dental benefits. Go get a job at Home Depot. He definitely has the knowledge.
Sparklehorse1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Sparklehorse1 »

So Sam is complaining that he doesn’t feel fulfilled because his home isn’t earth. How about he focuses on people other than himself, maybe he’ll feel a little more fulfilled.
Also, no updated channel art, what does he do all day that he can’t update that?
Another day of no school for the kids. Are they done for the year? Because I doubt they even made it to 100 days of school. Lazy parents.
ThisOilyLife
Amateur
Amateur

I went to Matthew’s website after today’s vlog (I don’t see the photos up yet - though editing takes time so that’s to be expected), but more interestingly he has a blog post supporting taking down confederate monuments. I have always wondered if all of Sam’s siblings share his religious and political beliefs - I know Matthew is Christian but I am happily surprised that he seems to be a bit more progressive than Sam, at least.

CurlyQ121
Gossiper
Gossiper

Sam and Nia: Oils Scams and Losing Fans! | Part 8

Unread post by CurlyQ121 »

Sparklehorse1 wrote:So Sam is complaining that he doesn’t feel fulfilled because his home isn’t earth. How about he focuses on people other than himself, maybe he’ll feel a little more fulfilled.
Also, no updated channel art, what does he do all day that he can’t update that?
Another day of no school for the kids. Are they done for the year? Because I doubt they even made it to 100 days of school. Lazy parents.
Nia claims that they started homeschooling early so they could be done for the year once the baby came. I went back on her IG and they started August 3rd, which is only like 3 weeks before regular school started in TX and it seems like theyve missed alot of days throughout the year too. The last day is June 3rd so they definitely cut off alot of time if they really are done for the year.
mormonts
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mormonts »

Love the irony of homophobe Sam wearing a "love ALL they neighbors" shirt.

That being said, he's absolutely depressed and checked out. Sam, fasting is not going to solve your problems. Please look into getting help. The photos are up on Matthew's site now and they just look...sad.
1finn
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 1finn »

On Sams insta, he goes into this rant(I'm sure it is a lie) that Planned Parenthood called him to partner with them....pretty sure they don't partner with YTers. Of course Sam makes rude remarks that PP is anti family, excuse me, wasn't Nia taking birth control pills for quite a while?
Ol' Sam needs to find a purpose in life, he is really hurting for attention, I think he is a little jealous of the baby.
Danpkromer
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Danpkromer »

Who in their right mind would joke to their wife that is hormonal and going thru postpartum that their newborn baby is bleeding from it's nose?? I mean why would you joke about that ever?? Not to mention he woke her up and scared the crap out of her. Not funny. What IS funny is that he loves to preach about being a good Christian and what's right and wrong and he is the furthest thing from it.
mandy88
Informer
Informer

Unread post by mandy88 »

1finn wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:29 pm On Sams insta, he goes into this rant(I'm sure it is a lie) that Planned Parenthood called him to partner with them....pretty sure they don't partner with YTers. Of course Sam makes rude remarks that PP is anti family, excuse me, wasn't Nia taking birth control pills for quite a while?
Ol' Sam needs to find a purpose in life, he is really hurting for attention, I think he is a little jealous of the baby.
Sam is so full of it. It feels like he is one step away from starting his own religious cult. Planned Parenthood's revenue is over 1 billion a year. What does Sam want us to believe they said to him. Mention Sam and Nia during your next visit and get 10% off of your birth control? Planned Parenthood is much more than abortions. Sam is just so toxic he feels that woman should have no say in their reproductive rights. Takes a very weak man to feel that insecure.

Return to “Sam and Nia”