Bonnie Hoellein: Plastic Polyester Princess | Part 16

Todays drama
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Plastic Polyester Princess | Part 16

Unread post by Todays drama »

Maybe Bonnie is jumping into the exercise routine everyday is too much, too soon. She hasn’t been exercising in a long time. She should have the trainer come starting 2 or 3 days a week and the days he doesn’t come, she could take walks around the neighborhood or park. Then when she feels able, she could add days with the trainer. To go from no exercise to everyday is not good for anyone. She could be overwhelmed and that’s why she’s crying and hyperventilating. The trainer should have suggested starting out at a slower pace. And we all like a to treat ourselves to a McDonalds now and then. I just had a nice size Dairy Queen last night with hubby, it was calling our names! Lol
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Todays drama wrote:Maybe Bonnie is jumping into the exercise routine everyday is too much, too soon. She hasn’t been exercising in a long time. She should have the trainer come starting 2 or 3 days a week and the days he doesn’t come, she could take walks around the neighborhood or park. Then when she feels able, she could add days with the trainer. To go from no exercise to everyday is not good for anyone. She could be overwhelmed and that’s why she’s crying and hyperventilating. The trainer should have suggested starting out at a slower pace. And we all like a to treat ourselves to a McDonalds now and then. I just had a nice size Dairy Queen last night with hubby, it was calling our names! Lol
I agree. It's too hard and she's rewarding herself with food. She'd be better off to back off a bit and put more effort into her diet and healthy eating in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alym0326
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by alym0326 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Aurielle wrote:I just watched Russell (8 passengers) graduation form 2 years ago. Ruby wanted Russell to wear a button up shirt and dress pants but he didn't want to and so he didn't have to, he wasn't forced into something he didn't want to wear...I'll commend Ruby on that.
I disagree. There are times a parent should be able to tell a child what to wear. A graduation (yes, even a preschool one) is one of them. A child having a tantrum over clothes and a parent giving into that isn't something to commend. It's just a different flaw.

My children are free to wear whatever they like day in and day out (and the oldest has an embarrassing use of colour and pattern!) and but when a situation calls for a more refined appearance I will absolutely tell them what to wear. I am the parent after all, and how else will they learn to dress appropriately for certain situations?

I agree. There are certain situations where a parent HAS to choose the outfit.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I think if her anxiety is that crippling, sabotaging her 'would be' weight loss results is going to spiral her into depths unimaginable. Her trainer needs to tell her real weight loss is found by having no cheat days.
1 hour of real housework would cause her heart rate to go up and maybe she'd break a sweat using some elbow grease.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

onbreak wrote:I think if her anxiety is that crippling, sabotaging her 'would be' weight loss results is going to spiral her into depths unimaginable. Her trainer needs to tell her real weight loss is found by having no cheat days.
1 hour of real housework would cause her heart rate to go up and maybe she'd break a sweat using some elbow grease.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Housework!!?? That's what Bree is for!
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

Unread post by snowbaby95 »

HelloSweetie wrote: Really? What does anxiety look like to you. That sounds exactly like anxiety to me. Most people don't cry and hyperventilate while working out, but they do when having struggling with anxiety.

It may not make sense to you that she'd feel anxious when working out at home, but anxiety doesn't always make sense. That's why it sucks and can be debilitating for some.

Hyperventilating and then crying can very easily be explained by what I literally just said- being out of shape and then getting upset and discouraged by it. I have anxiety and maybe Bonnie does, but this doesn't look like an instance where she was anxious over a workout.

Have you never seen an overweight and out of shape person work out for the first few times? They're usually hyperventilating, red, and exhausted... it makes sense she'd cry from how hard the workout was for her. I've also seen overweight people cry that they want to stop working out when it's hard for them.

Maybe she was having an anxiety attack, but it doesn't sound like it.
Elvi
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Elvi »

Honestly, instead of pushing herself to work out when she doesn’t even seem to be into working out, she should focus more on what she’s eating and then incorporate more walking during the day or some exercises for toning. I’ve never been able to lose weight by just working out; it takes a lot to actually work out, you gotta be truly motivated to do it and push yourself- not everyone can do it.

It’s always been 80% healthier choices with the food I eat and 20% being more active - walking, yoga, easy toning exercises, nothing too crazy. So Bonnie if you read here, why don’t you try this, start with your food, drink more water, lower those carbs and junk food and you will see a huge difference. It’s actually pretty simple unless you have other issues that prevent you from losing weight.

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I don't judge her for being uncomfortable at the gym or for eating a Big Mac--those are very normal, unhealthy sure but still normal, and we'd all be lying if we said we haven't cheated when trying to get healthy. It's got to be a lifestyle change, and it's a very hard transition at first.

I just don't get why she vlogged eating the McDonald's. Don't cry about the gym and then show yourself eating fast food in the same vlog. Some things should be kept a secret!
decdu
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by decdu »

HelloSweetie wrote:
snowbaby95 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: She said it was because she was uncomfortable, and then also said she was also put of shape. She definitely implied the whole thing was hard for her. She was also crying while working out. I have anxiety, and that sounds a lot like what she's describing to me.

Not defending Bonnie (and I don't think anyone needs defending for hiring a trainer to come to their house if that works better for them), just pointing out that it can be incredibly intimidating for some people to "just go to the gym" and that joining formal classes just isn't a feasible option for those people.

Yea, I understand some people get anxiety over going to the gym, but the hyperventilating and crying while working out at home doesn't sound like anxiety. Sounds like she's out of shape and was
upset over it, which is understandable.
Really? What does anxiety look like to you. That sounds exactly like anxiety to me. Most people don't cry and hyperventilate while working out, but they do when having struggling with anxiety.

It may not make sense to you that she'd feel anxious when working out at home, but anxiety doesn't always make sense. That's why it sucks and can be debilitating for some.

I don't know why we’re always so quick to diagnose people with mental illnesses on this site. I cried and hyperventilated the first time I worked out after having a baby because it was tough and made me realise how weak I've become, nothing to do with anxiety! It very well could be but unless she describes it to be that we shouldn't be quick to diagnose.

I don't hate on her for hiring a trainer, I think it's great, she’ll learn about proper fitness and what works for her, and it will keep her accountable. getting a big mac and large fries is ridiculous and as someone said just counter productive! We all do it but not 2 weeks in, I usually am on a diet for longer than 2 weeks to feel like I can cave to such cravings plus we’ve seen her a few days ago eat popsicles so idk if she's sticking to a healthy meal plan. Working out won't do much if she's not eating well! abs are made in the kitchen!

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

I once heard this saying and I forget where but it stuck with me, "it's easier to eat yourself out of a bad exercise habit, than it is to exercise yourself out of a bad eating habit." You have to work out a ton and at super intense levels to lose weight and be able to eat whatever you want. You can lose weight much easier by just being conscious of what and how much you're eating and just increasing activity level slightly. Small amounts of junk here and there won't kill you, but food as a reward or thinking of something as "cheating" can be harmful to the way you're thinking about food. But complete restriction backfires too because one day you'll cave because you're denying yourself and then feel really shitty about yourself because of the high expectations you set. Been there, and still working through it lol. It's a tricky balance.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

[/quote]

I don't know why we’re always so quick to diagnose people with mental illnesses on this site. I cried and hyperventilated the first time I worked out after having a baby because it was tough and made me realise how weak I've become, nothing to do with anxiety! It very well could be but unless she describes it to be that we shouldn't be quick to diagnose.

I don't hate on her for hiring a trainer, I think it's great, she’ll learn about proper fitness and what works for her, and it will keep her accountable. getting a big mac and large fries is ridiculous and as someone said just counter productive! We all do it but not 2 weeks in, I usually am on a diet for longer than 2 weeks to feel like I can cave to such cravings plus we’ve seen her a few days ago eat popsicles so idk if she's sticking to a healthy meal plan. Working out won't do much if she's not eating well! abs are made in the kitchen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]Suggesting someone might be hyperventilating because of anxiety does not, in my opinion, equal diagnosing them with a mental illness.
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

natalka81 wrote: Suggesting someone might be hyperventilating because of anxiety does not, in my opinion, equal diagnosing them with a mental illness.
Well, anxiety is a serious mental disorder and it's used way too frequently on here to excuse people's behaviors, imo. Not everything has to be explained away because of some hypothetical mental disorder.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

snowbaby95 wrote:
natalka81 wrote: Suggesting someone might be hyperventilating because of anxiety does not, in my opinion, equal diagnosing them with a mental illness.
Well, anxiety is a serious mental disorder and it's used way too frequently on here to excuse people's behaviors, imo. Not everything has to be explained away because of some hypothetical mental disorder.
Not everything needs to be explained away, but this certainly sounds like she's anxious (or intimidated) about the gym.

Not everything needs to be demonized either.

winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

It cracked me up when Bonnie said to Ellie something about how they haven't been out to eat together in a long time! Hahaha! You mean besides the two times just in the past week?

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
snowbaby95
Informer
Informer

HelloSweetie wrote:
Not everything needs to be explained away, but this certainly sounds like she's anxious (or intimidated) about the gym.

*I'm not talking about anxiety in this post anymore, so not continuing that discussion*

But lol HS, I didn't demonize Bonnie. I said she was probably upset and discouraged over being out of shape and that it was understandable for her to feel that way. Sorry that comes across as demonizing Bonnie to you???
Dramatic princess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Dramatic princess »

snowbaby95 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

*I'm not talking about anxiety in this post anymore, so not continuing that discussion*

But lol HS, I didn't demonize Bonnie. I said she was probably upset and discouraged over being out of shape and that it was understandable for her to feel that way. Sorry that comes across as demonizing Bonnie to you???
I should put my glasses back on. I read demonize as demonetized and really was like HS how much have I missed. Then I reread it and was like. Oh.....back to my lurking corner lol
LumpyDays
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LumpyDays »

Someone should send Bonnie links to That Sugar Film and The Magic Pill :D
You can't out exercise a bad diet.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Does Bonnie not realize the trainer doesn't work like Bree? Bonnie cant expect the trainer to help her drop the weight while she's sitting eating a big mac like she can drop her responsibilities on Bree.

I don't hate that Bonnie has a trainer come to her home. I think that's a great option and good on her for finally doing something about her health. I will however judge the heck out of the big mac, there are lower calorie options at McDonals, she didn't have to stuff her face with a big mac and large fries.

Also, I agree with others saying Olivia is becoming a mini Bonnie and its not cute.
I used to get a kids happy meal when watching my weight. It sated the craving and felt like you'd indulged, but at almost a third of the calories (cheeseburger, fries and diet coke: 539 calories) of a Big Mac or other adult options it would have been a better option for Bonnie, with or without her new exercise regime.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
lisssa
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lisssa »

truth is, we’ve all been there; caving to our cravings after a few weeks of dieting and exercise. What’s important if she wants to continue to lose weight/be healthier is that it doesn’t become her norm again.
You can’t outrun a bad diet, I’ve been counting calories for two months now (16 pounds down!) and that’s shown me how massively important what you’re eating is. Since I started counting calories Ive been going to the gym solely for health reasons and focus weight loss on what I’m eating, and it’s worked better than when I would eat what I wanted but hammer the gym daily. I’ve had countless treat meals since I started but I counter them with lighter meals the rest of the day and a bit extra exercise. Bonnie, give yourself the treat days, everyone needs them for their sanity, keep yourself in check the rest of the time and the weight will still come off.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

LumpyDays wrote:Someone should send Bonnie links to That Sugar Film and The Magic Pill :D
You can't out exercise a bad diet.
Or Super Size Me...
Big burgers like that just make me feel so sluggish and sick! I do love McDonald's fries though...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”