Bonnie and Joel: Butt slapping with Bonnie Part 7

CallieT
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Butt slapping with Bonnie Part 7

Unread post by CallieT »

Sarai wrote:I think Bonnie is secretly hoping they'll have another girl, that's why she doesn't want to get rid of Olivia's clothes. And Joel having them cut up only makes it more real for her they probably won't have another baby.
I agree. I recently watched Lincoln's gender reveal video, and it was so emotional, you can tell how much she wanted a sister for Olivia, probably because Bonnie is so close with her sisters. I think that she knows she won't have any more babies and I really don't think she will, but I think cutting up Olivia's baby girl clothes made it really sink in that that dream was over.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I'm sorry I'm a thrower/donater and I see things differently more from Joel's side. Why keep drawers full of clothes she can never wear again, they take up space and are never seen or used. Pick your favorites keep them and move on. I thought it was a wonderful idea and felt bad for him the moment she started freaking out. Poor Joel can't do right for Bonnie most the time I feel like she's never pleased if he strays his way for a moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She did keep her favorites and move on. She said she kept a few of her favorite items in a tote. Where did she say there were drawers full?
[/quote]

I think Joel might have said there were a lot, but I bet my husband would say the same.

I think this one comes down to how sentimental you get about things. I realize not everyone holds onto things, but I certainly get the keeping baby clothes thing. I would be devastated if someone cut up my sons' clothes, whether I had kept one item or 20. It's something I kept for a reason.

I know Joel thought it was a lovely idea, but it really was the same as if Bonnie had made his old baseball cards into a collage.
W
Except that baseball cards don't just have a sentimental value. I can't see someone paying thousands of dollars for old baby clothes, unless they belong to someone hugely famous.
I get both sides of it. I understand things having sentimental value. I came home from work once and found my boyfriend at the time trying to post a knick knack my dad had left me on eBay. It didn't mean anything to him, but it sure meant a LOT to me. I think it's just a matter of _which_ things you place value on. And Joel didn't understand how much Bonnie valued those clothes. I think that's what he's going to pay for. Not so much actually having the bear made, but not understanding.

Yes, it's a matter of trust and boundaries. In this case, he failed her. However, I do agree with the poster who felt that, on the whole, Joel is under appreciated.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by WhatSheSaid »

PostyMcPosterston wrote:I'd definitely react shocked, because I am sentimental about a handful of outfits. I'm only keeping them to make memory bears, because I have no use for them and can't stand the idea of other babies wearing them lol.

I think Bonnie genuinely liked the idea after she had a while to process it, but I think she would have much preferred to have control over what clothing was used. Bonnie doesn't seem like the type to like surprises. And she does also seem like the type the hoard a lot of baby clothing.

In general, I think Joel thought it'd be a big hit. And I think Bonnie was really sad to see the clothes cut up, but felt badly because she knew Joel was being thoughtful.

I personally like the bears that have just a single item of clothing rather than patchwork.

Now that bear is cute! And I do like the one outfit idea as well. Did you make that or can you share the website that makes this bear? I have baby clothes, some very special ones, that I'd like made into that bear. One for each child.
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

WhatSheSaid wrote:
PostyMcPosterston wrote:I'd definitely react shocked, because I am sentimental about a handful of outfits. I'm only keeping them to make memory bears, because I have no use for them and can't stand the idea of other babies wearing them lol.

I think Bonnie genuinely liked the idea after she had a while to process it, but I think she would have much preferred to have control over what clothing was used. Bonnie doesn't seem like the type to like surprises. And she does also seem like the type the hoard a lot of baby clothing.

In general, I think Joel thought it'd be a big hit. And I think Bonnie was really sad to see the clothes cut up, but felt badly because she knew Joel was being thoughtful.

I personally like the bears that have just a single item of clothing rather than patchwork.

Now that bear is cute! And I do like the one outfit idea as well. Did you make that or can you share the website that makes this bear? I have baby clothes, some very special ones, that I'd like made into that bear. One for each child.
Oh I just google imaged it. I had a few saved on my old phone. I haven't done it yet. I mostly saw them on Pinterest a few years ago!

S_tine05
Informer
Informer

Unread post by S_tine05 »

I donate most of my kids things especially now that they are older or pas them on to another mom, my eldest sons camp cot was passed on like that and is now being used for the 6th time (6th baby) and I love that but I am also incredibly sentimental and have a small suitcase under the bed with baby clothes in it even a cloth nappy I had made special for my youngest, some of the clothing items have gone through all 3 of my boys, some are items from my eldest who was a preemie and are so tin y I love looking at them and none of them are items that I feel would date, I get why Bonnie would be upset but I wouldn't have placed it on camera I do not think that is fair on Joel
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

I think Bonnie just left on the ads by accident, because she was definitely sponsored by WWP today. I saw on some other big YTer being ragged on for monetizing some big, sad event (maybe Gigi?) and another big YTer replied on the comments saying that the person likely didn't even think about it, because usually the monetizing is automatically "on" so they need to remember to remove monetization.

The crib... looked fun for the kids. But by gawd.

Do we know if the Griffiths have had some sort of braces as kids? I was surprised to see how gappy Olivia's teeth are coming in lol. Cute on a kid. Sucks when you're an adult. I have gaps in my teeth and I call them critter teeth. but maybe only 1/8th the space Olivia's have ATM.

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:I think a quilt would be much nicer than a memory bear, but I don't think that Bonnie is too keen on either.
Holy crap, a quilt would use up all the clothes. Bonnie would be apoplectic lol.
Last edited by Scar2016 on Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tratra58 wrote:Geez...you might want to rethink YouTube is a lot more work than one person can do when you can have time to take a four hour nap or naps as much as they do. I wish they leave these parts out since it just contributes to my bias that they are simply lazy people and napping at their age is nonproductive as well as a bad habit.
This is so abnormal. On so. many. levels.
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

Sorry OT.
After seeing Bonnie in the onesie and her black dress at her parents' Christmas party, all I could think was "damn! I wish I had her body!"

I've seen some comparisons between Ellie and Bonnie's figure, and I have no idea why anyone would think Bonnie wants Ellie's figure. Bonnie's got it goin on! I think Ellie is jealous of Bonnie, I know I am!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

winniewise wrote:Sorry OT.
After seeing Bonnie in the onesie and her black dress at her parents' Christmas party, all I could think was "damn! I wish I had her body!"

I've seen some comparisons between Ellie and Bonnie's figure, and I have no idea why anyone would think Bonnie wants Ellie's figure. Bonnie's got it goin on! I think Ellie is jealous of Bonnie, I know I am!

As much as I agree Bonnie looks ok, I don't think Ellie is jealous of Bonnie who I believe she sees as weighting too much.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Ellie's not jealous of Bonnie's figure.
Ellie's life goals = Smallest body. Biggest materialism.
BlazeMercy
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BlazeMercy »

winniewise wrote:Sorry OT.

I agree with Bonnie looking good. She's not stick thin and not grossly overweight. She looks great. I showed my husband a pic of both and he says Bonnie looks "beautiful-womanly" and Ellies body looks like our 10 year old in her bathing suit so he felt awkward to even see Ellie and judge her lol I'm sure Bonnie is self conscious as most women are but she really does have a good body. I'd pick hers over Ellies any day.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

Joel didn't even flinch when he saw Boston on the edge of the sink, so it's that normal?
I was worried, if that surface is wet it's very slippery.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I don't understand Bonnie. She continues to vlog her kids in the bathroom bathing, Olivia should be taking her own bath or shower and the never ending Bonnie telling us she is sick again/another cold sore. She may want to relook at why she is sick so much because I don't think her lifestyle is healthy except for getting enough rest. Bonnie told Joel to stay out there when she was shower, but I thought how would she like it if Joel vlogged her in the shower. It is wrong especially with two of these kids are school age and their friends will see these clips too. I don't know if she is just stupid or really what her objective is anymore.

I also don't understand their channel either since most YouTubers vlog when they go places to make their vlogs more interesting, they don't and it is mostly at home where there isn't anything happening. If they vlog today when they went out, it would eliminate the bathroom scene and the ice cream clip.

Best part, Joel saying the Griffiths are both feisty and demanding...perfect.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Vincere wrote:Joel didn't even flinch when he saw Boston on the edge of the sink, so it's that normal?
It's double standards with Bonnie. She showed in a vlog about a month ago how she cleans the whole kitchen work surfaces and sink every night to the point where she dries her new sink to shining point. Yet it's perfectly ok (both safety and hygiene wise) to let their 3 y/o teeter on the edge of said sink and walk on the work tops. A comparison in today's vlog was Lincoln almost getting that little tin basket ball player set on 'her' kitchen table and that was a BIG no no, but not because it was a safety issue.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Vincere wrote:Joel didn't even flinch when he saw Boston on the edge of the sink, so it's that normal?
There are those parents that do what they can to eliminate risk with injuries and their children get hurt anyways and those who don't and nothing happens.

Yes, he could have fallen and I would put Bonnie and Joel in the second group and consider them lucky...so far.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

shaybaby
Talker
Talker

Unread post by shaybaby »

I wonder if Joel misses working yet. He seems bored already.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

shaybaby wrote:I wonder if Joel misses working yet. He seems bored already.

I generally think Joel is nice but boring. I don't feel Joel seems challenged and you could see how his biggest excitement was with the work in their cold room. The less you do, the less you want to do and this is what I see with Joel these days since YouTuber is at most a part-time job at five days a week and filming mainly at home. I see no signs of him venturing outside of YouTube.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

tratra58 wrote:
shaybaby wrote:I wonder if Joel misses working yet. He seems bored already.
I generally think Joel is nice but boring. I don't feel Joel seems challenged and you could see how his biggest excitement was with the work in their cold room. The less you do, the less you want to do and this is what I see with Joel these days since YouTuber is at most a part-time job at five days a week and filming mainly at home. I see no signs of him venturing outside of YouTube.
YouTube is a bit like a Triffid plant. Once it catches you in it's sticky gloopy teeth ($$$) you become like a cocooned butterfly, except in reverse.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”