Bonnie and Joel: Butt slapping with Bonnie Part 7

Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Butt slapping with Bonnie Part 7

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Namm wrote:I personally like the vlogs when we get to see the children like Boston and Olivia, without Bonnie talking about it and explaining. I enjoyed Bostons singing in the latest vlog and Im glad Bonnie didn't interrupt him this time. He has so much to offer with his little personallity but I feel like Bonnie wants him to be a perfect mormon-child and he has lost some of his sparkle as a child because of that. You can see it in his eyes, he doesn't seem like himself or either getting shy and uncomfortable with the camera.
That's an interesting observation. I don't know if it's that per se or just his 3 y/o age trying to figure out how his family dynamic works and where he fit's in. The camera often catches him observing with his eyes with a mildly frowned forehead, perhaps trying to make sense of Bonnie's comments/parenting that maybe his little feisty personality doesn't agree with/want to accept.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I loved seeing Boston sing. It was so sweet and it didn't look like a "performance". Compare him to Ollie Lanning, who's a few months younger, and the difference is astounding. He's got such a big personality, I hope it doesn't get quashed by perfectionism. Not even bringing the Mormon aspect in-- just the Griffiths brand of perfect seems to be enough. But judging by Olivia and her sass, he should be OK. I hope.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by tratra58 »

Scar2016 wrote:New vlog is up. Title: ''Living with HERPES...''
You can't make this stuff up LOL I hope she washed her hands well before she put the lip balm or Vaseline on all her kids with her fingers. This is how this virus spread using one Vaseline container... they should have their own lip balm and squirt some lotion on their own hands so they can apply it themselves. Those kids are destine to have Herpes Simplex HSV-1 too.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

tratra58 wrote:
You can't make this stuff up LOL I hope she washed her hands well before she put the lip balm or Vaseline on all her kids with her fingers. This is how this virus spread using one Vaseline container... they should have their own lip balm and squirt some lotion on their own hands so they can apply it themselves. Those kids are destine to have Herpes Simplex HSV-1 too.
Why not call it ''Living with COLD SORES.'' Such an odd title for a family channel, even without any correlation that can be derived from the word herpes. So many other titles that would have accurately depicted the main part of the vlog - the fun they had tubing in the snow, but nope. Just strange.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Mammabear wrote:I agree, I think neither Bonnie nor Joel are feeling the You Tube magic they once had. They have lost their X factor.

With Joel quitting work, I expected more thought around their vlogging. For example, they passed up on ALL that DIY opportunity when he was renovating, and even when he was fixing the cold storage room this week, how hard would it have been to shoot some footage of the condensation problem, emptying the room, talking to the tradies who applied the styro insulation and then organising it again.

They could be doing one DIY and one beauty vlog each week, and give themselves a break from the daily thing on those days. I also think their decision to include sponsorship in the videos has changed the tone too ~ whether we understand the financial reality of YT or not.
The one thing I was hoping Joel would show is how he slowed cooked that meatloaf and Bonnie would show how those potatoes were made at Christmas. I think all the above suggestion are great.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Scar2016 wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
Why not call it ''Living with COLD SORES.'' Such an odd title for a family channel, even without any correlation that can be derived from the word herpes. So many other titles that would have accurately depicted the main part of the vlog - the fun they had tubing in the snow, but nope. Just strange.
It seems a bit like her sisters when they turn the focus on themselves.
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Sweet456 »

Why I even title it that?!? It could of been anything to do with sledding or whiny children but herpes really ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I do think it's funny that a month ago everyone here was fine with calling it Herpes, and I was the one arguing that using that word was pretty extreme. Most people argued that using that word was fine because that's what it is. Now that Bonnie does it's though, it's different?

I still agree it's extreme and have no idea what she's thinking these days, but it is funny that it's ok to use the word Herpes here because it's clinically correct, but not ok for the person that actually lives with it.
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Why I even title it that?!? It could of been anything to do with sledding or whiny children but herpes really ?

Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

And why pj's on when they are going to supper?

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sweet456 wrote:And why pj's on when they are going to supper?

It's their family trademark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:I do think it's funny that a month ago everyone here was fine with calling it Herpes, and I was the one arguing that using that word was pretty extreme. Most people argued that using that word was fine because that's what it is. Now that Bonnie does it's though, it's different?

I still agree it's extreme and have no idea what she's thinking these days, but it is funny that it's ok to use the word Herpes here because it's clinically correct, but not ok for the person that actually lives with it.
I read it that the thumbnail didn't match what they did which was tubing. I don't think the word itself...herpes is the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

The pj thing is absolutely fucking crazy. How does Bonnie justify loading on 5 pounds of makeup, doing her hair and dressing cute but taking her kids out in Carters sleepers? She does it all the time. I don't get it. I never took my kids out in pjs even after the age of 3-4 months. It makes me stabby.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

nutbagmcgee wrote:

The pj thing is absolutely fucking crazy. How does Bonnie justify loading on 5 pounds of makeup, doing her hair and dressing cute but taking her kids out in Carters sleepers? She does it all the time. I don't get it. I never took my kids out in pjs even after the age of 3-4 months. It makes me stabby.
I agree 100%. I was never one of those parents to even have their baby in sleepers during the day. Though I understand the convenience for those that do. No matter how lazy we are being, my kids are alway dressed. I get they you want to be comfortable, but they do make comfortable clothes for kids! It's just as easy to buy a comfortable set at Carters, as it is a pair of pjs. Taking them out of the house in the evening to go over to Ellie's house doesn't bother me as much, but to a restaurant just seems lazy and a bit trashy. Buy the boys some track pants!
Sweet456
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:

I agree 100%. I was never one of those parents to even have their baby in sleepers during the day. Though I understand the convenience for those that do. No matter how lazy we are being, my kids are alway dressed. I get they you want to be comfortable, but they do make comfortable clothes for kids! It's just as easy to buy a comfortable set at Carters, as it is a pair of pjs. Taking them out of the house in the evening to go over to Ellie's house doesn't bother me as much, but to a restaurant just seems lazy and a bit trashy. Buy the boys some track pants!
The only time I've remotely came close to doing that is brining the pj's in the diaper bag to change my kiddos into for the long drive home it was going to be late when we got home and that was one time I just find it weird that they are in their pj's while their cousins the same ages were dressed in clothing?

ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

HelloSweetie wrote:I do think it's funny that a month ago everyone here was fine with calling it Herpes, and I was the one arguing that using that word was pretty extreme. Most people argued that using that word was fine because that's what it is. Now that Bonnie does it's though, it's different?

1. The people that are upset by the title may not be the ones who were calling it herpes. There are people with differing views on the board.

2. Calling it herpes in a thread is MUCH different than calling it herpes as a way to get more views on your video. She was going for the shock value and it's disgusting that now her kids will forever be linked to a video called "living with herpes" thanks to their own mom.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

I'm not going to watch the video, because I don't want any herpes videos in my recommended list lol
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

ladymama wrote:

1. The people that are upset by the title may not be the ones who were calling it herpes. There are people with differing views on the board.

2. Calling it herpes in a thread is MUCH different than calling it herpes as a way to get more views on your video. She was going for the shock value and it's disgusting that now her kids will forever be linked to a video called "living with herpes" thanks to their own mom.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
My whole argument at the time was that the people on the thread were going for shock value.

Some of the people were the same.

I agree she's doing it for shock value, and my feelings about it are the same whether Bonnie uses it or posters here. It may technically be the clinical term, but I find the use as "shock value" distasteful.
domeniquekf35
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by domeniquekf35 »

I wonder if Bonnie and all her siblings are so obsessed with their mom because their mom had favorites and was vocal about them. Bonnie saying that Lincoln was her most important cargo didn't sit right with me, especially since she's seen favoring him more than once throughout her vlogs. Maybe I'm over reacting but I didn't like that. Also, why would you tell your kid to just smile and act as their feelings aren't valid and you can't cry? Especially leave it in your VLOG for 400,000+ people to see him get disciplined. Cringey af. That can give a child real emotional issues. I would atleast say "i understand why you're upset but...." I was a big fan of Bonnie but today's vlog had a lot of moments in it that I could've done without.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

domeniquekf35 wrote:I wonder if Bonnie and all her siblings are so obsessed with their mom because their mom had favorites and was vocal about them. Bonnie saying that Lincoln was her most important cargo didn't sit right with me, especially since she's seen favoring him more than once throughout her vlogs. Maybe I'm over reacting but I didn't like that. Also, why would you tell your kid to just smile and act as their feelings aren't valid and you can't cry? Especially leave it in your VLOG for 400,000+ people to see him get disciplined. Cringey af. That can give a child real emotional issues. I would atleast say "i understand why you're upset but...." I was a big fan of Bonnie but today's vlog had a lot of moments in it that I could've done without.

The "smile and ignore your feelings" thing is a very LDS concept. It was actually discussed a fair bit on the E&J thread yesterday. A few Mormon board members took offence to that observation, but it's definitely a concept seen among most Mormon YTers.

I absolutely think Bonnie and her siblings try very hard to impress Mama Griffith because of how she treated them growing up. I think they are desperate to finally please her, and the best way to do that is to live in her shadow. I do think Julie and Bonnie do this to a far lesser extent than Ellie and Ruby though. Ellie and Ruby seem incapable of free thinking and seem like Mama Griff clones some days. Interestingly though, of the two, one was the favourite and the other never good enough, so its surprising that both of them are eager to please in the same way.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”