Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

^ I agree 100%. Plus Cullen and Katie did try hiding their last name, but it ultimately came out. I don't think it's possible to maintain anonymity unless you go the Sia "hide your appearance" route, but even that only lasted so long.

Plus if your family member is a Vlogger like with Bonnie, there would have been no way to hide her last name. It was already out there on the fellow Griffith's blogs and social media pages. It's seems to be the only options are absolute anonymity (refusing to appear in public vids) or all your info being out there.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Kitties Mama is obsessive to the other extreme. Nobody knows for sure where they live (somewhere in Kansas, maybe?) and until just a few weeks ago, they were homeschooling their kids. I have made fun of them for being like that while posting videos of their children-- I mean, if they're really so concerned about safety, why upload at all? But I also understand it, and agree that if they are going to vlog their kids, keeping their last name and location private is smart.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by natalka81 »

And I would add that not only is it kind of concerning the way the vlogs are so personal to the family, but perhaps even more troublesome is how other people are implicated in them. Okay, I'm having trouble wording this but what I mean is that if you're going to post details about your own family on the internet that's one thing, but then when other people are involved, it gets more ethically sketchy to me. I guess this is more of a problem with Ruby (who has filmed her kids at school on several occasions now) but I think it's an issue with Bonnie and Ellie, too. I suppose all the parents at the Superbowl party knew their kids were being filmed, but, I don't know... it's all just a little scary to me...
* Also I agree that it would be interesting to have a thread to discuss the "ethics of family vlogging", or something like that!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

natalka81 wrote:And I would add that not only is it kind of concerning the way the vlogs are so personal to the family, but perhaps even more troublesome is how other people are implicated in them. Okay, I'm having trouble wording this but what I mean is that if you're going to post details about your own family on the internet that's one thing, but then when other people are involved, it gets more ethically sketchy to me. I guess this is more of a problem with Ruby (who has filmed her kids at school on several occasions now) but I think it's an issue with Bonnie and Ellie, too. I suppose all the parents at the Superbowl party knew their kids were being filmed, but, I don't know... it's all just a little scary to me...
* Also I agree that it would be interesting to have a thread to discuss the "ethics of family vlogging", or something like that!
The worst was when Shay kept talking about Avia's friend Cesar from school in California. He called her "Princesstard" but used Cesar's real first name. It wasn't hard to figure out what school she went to, and what grade, and voila, people had his last name, and were stalking his mom's IG and Facebook, and sending him messages. He protected his daughter for a while by not using her real name, but didn't give a rat's ass about the other kid. And even when Avia asked him not to include stuff about Cesar, he badgered her into agreeing, saying it was "for the memories". Bullshit.
I vote for an ethics thread too.
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

Just clicked on my first Bonnie vlog in a while. I didn't even get past the ad before the video because of the atrocious description. I know it's been discussed here before, but this is just awful!
Fumble at the Super Bowl 51 party. Cody has a fumble of his own at the Super Bowl party. Cody gets a little to rough for are vloggs broadcasting and puts a dent in Ellie and Jared's new house walls. Ellie and Jared were Super Bowl champs and shook it off, but I would cringe if that happened to me. We were doing them no favors this week by having ten little boys in their house. It is my Opinion that the kids had a great weekend with family, friends and with loads of SuperBowl appetizers. This weekend has been a great family life experience. There is one take a way from the Super Bowl 51, and that is to never stop trying to achieve your goals.
To quote Joel, "I would cringe if that happened to me".
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

What's with the random caps too? I noticed that on the other one, as well. "It is my Opinion". Is it because it's her opinion (or his) that it's capitalized?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Nitpicking: in the last few "vlogg" descriptions, every time they mention Hawaii, they put (island) after the word Hawaii. When actually, she wasn't on Hawaii Island, she was on Oahu. Not sure at all what her thinking is on this ...

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I like Joel, he is a sweet man and obviously good with tools and building but I can tell he is a very simpleminded person. Neither one of them are very smart. It has to be him doing the vlog descriptions, they would be better off just leaving it out because it looks very strange and makes them seem dumb as a box of rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I like Joel, he is a sweet man and obviously good with tools and building but I can tell he is a very simpleminded person. Neither one of them are very smart. It has to be him doing the vlog descriptions, they would be better off just leaving it out because it looks very strange and makes them seem dumb as a box of rocks.

You can't be simple to do the calculations he needs to do for the house renovations. He can put a sentence together just fine talking. Obviously it's something stylistically he's going for that he just isn't pulling off. I don't think he's a simple man at all. In some ways, I think he's probably one of the smarter family vloggers right now.

People always think tradesman aren't as smart as those with university degrees, but in some ways they need to actually be a lot smarter. They are just more left-brained and therefor less creative. Joel should stick to the things he's good at. YT isn't one of them. Failing at one thing doesn't make you simple IMO. That's like saying a child with dyslexia must be simple even though they can rock the crap out of science and math.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:I like Joel, he is a sweet man and obviously good with tools and building but I can tell he is a very simpleminded person. Neither one of them are very smart. It has to be him doing the vlog descriptions, they would be better off just leaving it out because it looks very strange and makes them seem dumb as a box of rocks.

You can't be simple to do the calculations he needs to do for the house renovations. He can put a sentence together just fine talking. Obviously it's something stylistically he's going for that he just isn't pulling off. I don't think he's a simple man at all. In some ways, I think he's probably one of the smarter family vloggers right now.

People always think tradesman aren't as smart as those with university degrees, but in some ways they need to actually be a lot smarter. They are just more left-brained and therefor less creative. Joel should stick to the things he's good at. YT isn't one of them. Failing at one thing doesn't make you simple IMO. That's like saying a child with dyslexia must be simple even though they can rock the crap out of science and math.
Having a high IQ doesn't guarantee being able to write. Joel is plenty bright. He just lacks the education necessary for writing.

actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Bonnie has said before in an earlier vlog Joel struggled with school and is far better with his hands. Some people don't do well in academic settings but when it comes to practice, they run rings around those with great theoretical skills. Joel is one of those people.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I don't think Joel is unintelligent. Writing just isn't his skill set. Personally I can't do advanced math - at all. The average American ninth grader probably understands algebra better than I do, and I have the ACT score to prove it, lol. There are any number of reasons why a person may not exceed at a given skill, and I am definitely curious now about public education in Utah based on what we see from vloggers, but it seems unfair to assume he is simpleminded just because he isn't a good writer.

He should definitely stop writing descriptions, though. I guess the trouble is that from what we've seen of Bonnie's Twitter, she may also lack the skill set to read the descriptions and think "wow, that's messed up." This is the problem with living in an echo chamber. Even their family, friends, and fans who do notice won't point it out because it would be impolite (and likely uncomfortable). Yet I would certainly want to be told, in their shoes. If they feel descriptions are a necessity (which they aren't), perhaps they should hire one of us to write them! :D

Isn't it usually Bonnie who freaks out about scratched or dented walls, though? And implies possession ("my wall," "my kitchen")? I could easily see her saying she would cringe if that happened to her.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

In all honesty, what does it say about the ice palace that a little kids head can put a dent in the wall?
PostyMcPosterston
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by PostyMcPosterston »

I'd cringe if my own husband wrote like this (but he's much more of an academic and creative, not nearly as handy as Jo), but this description made me smile. When I saw Bonnie freaking out over the eyelash, I KNEW it was Joel who had edited. I totally pictured him sitting there thinking, "she's so cute. I love that woman" lol. I think he realizes how silly and dramatic Bonnie can be, but appreciates it.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201702 ... 725a71.jpg[/img]

I do wish that the vloggers I watch read more. They have the time. I think it'd improve intellect a bit. In turn, it would help them push their children to learn more, rather than just being entertained all day. I guess I only watch DB and BJ now, but I'm sure that applies for many other couples.

nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Gives a guide warning to advise to? What the hello kitty is he talking about?
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

formerctfxcer wrote:Just clicked on my first Bonnie vlog in a while. I didn't even get past the ad before the video because of the atrocious description. I know it's been discussed here before, but this is just awful!
Fumble at the Super Bowl 51 party. Cody has a fumble of his own at the Super Bowl party. Cody gets a little to rough for are vloggs broadcasting and puts a dent in Ellie and Jared's new house walls. Ellie and Jared were Super Bowl champs and shook it off, but I would cringe if that happened to me. We were doing them no favors this week by having ten little boys in their house. It is my Opinion that the kids had a great weekend with family, friends and with loads of SuperBowl appetizers. This weekend has been a great family life experience. There is one take a way from the Super Bowl 51, and that is to never stop trying to achieve your goals.
To quote Joel, "I would cringe if that happened to me".
It almost reads like they've hired someone who doesn't speak English as a first language to outsource the descriptions and they don't bother to proof read before they post it. Wouldn't Joel just need to read what he wrote out loud to hear that it doesn't make sense? I don't know anything about his intelligence level or what home improvement projects he's done himself, but it's troubling that neither one of them can read the description ahead of time and catch errors like "are" vs. "our." I don't know how they can help Olivia with very basic school assignments.
formerctfxcer
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by formerctfxcer »

I think it's funny because my husband is actually a general contractor. He's also a college dropout. But he is even more obsessed with proper grammar than I am and no one he's ever met would think for a second that he's not intelligent or "book smart".

But seriously. What is that sentence supposed to mean??

ICantResistYTMD
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by ICantResistYTMD »

Hi everyone! I've been a reader of the site for a long time but have never made an account....until now. I can't hold back any longer. I for the most part like Bonnie but some of the things she says or does has me scratching my head. Ex. "I don't want to show my laundry pile cause there might be underwear in there." Meanwhile, Boston is showed in nothing but underwear? What?!
blahblahblahhh
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by blahblahblahhh »

ICantResistYTMD wrote:Hi everyone! I've been a reader of the site for a long time but have never made an account....until now. I can't hold back any longer. I for the most part like Bonnie but some of the things she says or does has me scratching my head. Ex. "I don't want to show my laundry pile cause there might be underwear in there." Meanwhile, Boston is showed in nothing but underwear? What?!
Haha I was about to say the same exact thing. And if it's her panties she's worried about, I think that Hawaii photo of her bum (which I had no issue with to clarify) was more revealing than a a quick shot of some crumpled up undies would be. Mormons are so weird.

flowerpuppy
Informer
Informer

Unread post by flowerpuppy »

ICantResistYTMD wrote:Hi everyone! I've been a reader of the site for a long time but have never made an account....until now. I can't hold back any longer. I for the most part like Bonnie but some of the things she says or does has me scratching my head. Ex. "I don't want to show my laundry pile cause there might be underwear in there." Meanwhile, Boston is showed in nothing but underwear? What?!
the only privacy she cares about preserving is her own

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”