Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

alym0326 wrote:I'm not caught up and am just typing this as the thought came, but I think there are a lot of assumptions on this board regarding how much savings Bonnie and Joel have... especially considering I don't remember a single time where they've mentioned anything to do with savings, college funds, etc.,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They paid $160k for their house in 2009. Both vehicles they drove were paid off until Bonnie started YT. She mentioned saving up and paying for the Suburban so they definitely don't have large car payments. Even if they had remortgaged just before YT started, they should still have money now that they are doing YT. We don't see them spending to an extreme, and neither appear to have drug problems or medical bills. SB estimates that without a network Bonnie is earning about as much as Ellie and Jared. Compare the spending and lifestyles and it's pretty obvious they must have a savings. E&J supposedly have money to save, so it makes sense so do B&J (plus the whole Dave Ramsey thing).

Of course it's possible they have no savings, but just because they don't mention one doesn't mean there isn't one. It just means they aren't the type to discuss finances.
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Vincere »

https://twitter.com/BonnieHoellein/stat ... 9644665857
So now she is contacting Airbnb for free accommodation!
She really learned all the tricks from EJ and I guess she really wants to go ahead with the Hawaii holiday. #FuckSchoolWhenYouCanVlog
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And why would that random.person "die of happiness" if she and Air BNB collabed? Why do people get so worked up about vloggers ( as I spend time on the various forum threads, lol) Yes, I do see the hypocrisy in my question.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
LydiaE
Informer
Informer

Unread post by LydiaE »

Not just vloggers, many YouTube personalities. My theory is that they are minor celebrities in their fans eyes. They are more touchable/approachable than a regular celebrity. They think they could be friends if geography (or insert other obstacle) didn't exist.

Like stalkers, it's never about the celebrity or stalking victim. The stalker will easily move on if the celebrity can no longer offer what the fanatic craves. It's borne out of loneliness and selfishness with a big dose of social awkwardness thrown in.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

LydiaE wrote:Not just vloggers, many YouTube personalities. My theory is that they are minor celebrities in their fans eyes. They are more touchable/approachable than a regular celebrity. They think they could be friends if geography (or insert other obstacle) didn't exist.

Like stalkers, it's never about the celebrity or stalking victim. The stalker will easily move on if the celebrity can no longer offer what the fanatic craves. It's borne out of loneliness and selfishness with a big dose of social awkwardness thrown in.
I think a lot of it is this but I also think a large part is the age/maturity/mental capacity of the viewer. They are in search of something and somehow feel the YTer fulfills it.

This is why things sometimes go poorly once these idols stop delivering (like Christina Grimmie).
Parkerwar
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Parkerwar »

I've been lurking this board for a few months and I have to say that the amount of time some people spend digging into the addresses, finances, and extended family information is worrisome and borderline stalker.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Parkerwar wrote:I've been lurking this board for a few months and I have to say that the amount of time some people spend digging into the addresses, finances, and extended family information is worrisome and borderline stalker.
It takes a simple Google search to learn the things we know.

Sleuthing has become a habit on these boards because vloggers lie. There are so many that have been uncovered by looking into things. If you're shocked about this board, you should see the DB board!

FYI-It took longer to make this post than it does to find Bonnie's address. The financial records are all speculative, and we know all the damn family because they all vlog. Even the Griffith parents have public IGs because they want people to follow them.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And frankly, I find it less worrisome than the people who worship the vloggers (or other YT "personalities") and use their pictures as avatars on Instagram, and live for the notifications, and blindly defend their every move.

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

Regarding the brand deals - I think it's a little low-class to beg in public, which is how I interpret the tweets from Jared to Canon and from Bonnie to AirBNB. E+J have a network which I'd imagine is pretty worthless (and a big expense) if they can't approach companies and hammer out deals. Bonnie doesn't have a network so it's on her to deal with sponsors... But I still think she could direct-message companies on Twitter, or God forbid do a few minutes of research and contact them in a normal way. I get that public Twitter posts are easy, but I will never find it anything other than trashy when well-off individuals ask for free stuff, in public view.

I don't exactly have a problem with E+J's Chrysler sponsorship, except that they don't really call it a sponsorship or disclose it as such. I don't particularly have an issue with Chrysler for giving the van to them. This was a marketing expenditure, not a charitable donation or giveaway, so I can't fault Chrysler for not giving the van to someone who needed it or was more likable or etc. They have a marketing department with a large budget which is tasked with getting the most bang for their buck, and that department will have cased E+J before deciding to work with them. So clearly E+J met their needs.

When your brand is literally your actual name, as with vloggers, it makes sense to conduct yourself in a way that's classy. Personally I always see tweets or Instagram posts with hashtagged company or product names as a way to get the attention of the company in question. This is IMO less tacky than "hey your camera blows, will you send me a new one for free?"
Kay91_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kay91_ »

Ugh I love this forum & I really do like Bonnie but damn the hypocrisy here. If Ellie did some of the things Bonnie does it would be a huge issue. (Btw I can't stand Ellie) yes Bonnie is much more likable but she definitely does & says things that make me side eye but she gets a pass

IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

Kay91_ wrote:Ugh I love this forum & I really do like Bonnie but damn the hypocrisy here. If Ellie did some of the things Bonnie does it would be a huge issue. (Btw I can't stand Ellie) yes Bonnie is much more likable but she definitely does & says things that make me side eye but she gets a pass Image

Maybe its a difference in opinion about an issue and has nothing to do with the vlogger? Unless you site instances (and part of me thinks you've waited until now so you can make it a sweeping statement people can't situationally defend) then it's pretty hard to compare isn't it.

Anyway, Bonnie gets more criticism than Ellie does these days. EVERYTHING gets discussed here (true, much of it is comparing how she's like her sister), but the E&J board is crickets unless something big happens.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

IceCreamCone wrote:
Kay91_ wrote:Ugh I love this forum & I really do like Bonnie but damn the hypocrisy here. If Ellie did some of the things Bonnie does it would be a huge issue. (Btw I can't stand Ellie) yes Bonnie is much more likable but she definitely does & says things that make me side eye but she gets a pass Image

Maybe its a difference in opinion about an issue and has nothing to do with the vlogger? Unless you site instances (and part of me thinks you've waited until now so you can make it a sweeping statement people can't situationally defend) then it's pretty hard to compare isn't it.

Anyway, Bonnie gets more criticism than Ellie does these days. EVERYTHING gets discussed here (true, much of it is comparing how she's like her sister), but the E&J board is crickets unless something big happens.
I've been noticing this board gets a ton more discussion than the E&J board anymore! I wondered why that was. Part of me thinks that it's hard to demonize Jared because he does seem so simple, harmless and just overly keen all the time. He's a lot harder to dislike with a vengeance than say Bryan. Or maybe people just aren't bothering to watch them anymore?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

For me it comes down to intent. For others, I know they are quicker to believe Bonnie is Ellie and their motives/drivers are the same. I believe Bonnie has some similarities to Ellie, but is nowhere near as Narcissistic. I believe Bonnie tries to think of her kids equally, and has embraced and accepted motherhood for the most part and is putting her kids first. Ellie I strongly believe has not. So, for instance, if Ellie sends Jackson away but let's Calvin stay, I'm probably going to view it differently than say if Bonnie had Cody or Boston go play at Jared's. At one point or another I've seen people say different Hoellein children are favoured, whereas with Ellie I feel it's obvious.

We all have opinions. E&J get huge passes on things that DB would get ripped apart on . Sometimes it has to do with how many years they've been vlogging and how predictable they've become. You get to know a person's character after awhile, and they become incredibly predictable in action and motive. Ellie and Jared have reached this point before Bonnie and Joel for a few people. This board is largely critical however, and the pro-Bonnie posts are the minority these days. I agree with the poster arguing Bonnie is actually getting more criticism than her sister lately.

Cal and Jackson can wear diapers in the vlog and the people that are outraged on this board when Linc does don't say anything. Same with the diaper IG pic of Cal. Or junk food comes up here, but we see E&J talk about candy far more and it doesn't come up there. Or Joel is lazy for taking a nap, yet Jared is basically useless and since that's always been his way it's somehow just fine.

If there is hypocrisy, it definitely goes both ways and is present all across YTMD. It's not Griffith specific.
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

HelloSweetie wrote:I disagree about E&J being good advertising for the van. I mean, they are ok, but a family of 4 doesn't exactly need a van yet. There are a lot of vloggers with more than two kids, that I feel could advertise the features better and who still have an audience old enough to purchase a vehicle. Even Ruby! The DB/EJ audience is mostly preteens, and the adults they do have I suspect aren't at the point in their life yet where they are functional enough to need a family vehicle. At least I hope not Image.
I have to disagree, growing up due to the big age differences between my older siblings and my younger sister there was only 2 of us in the house during the 90s and everything. We had a mini van and yes we needed the space. It's nice when your traveling and you can spread out during trips. Now with the dog and she won't be a small dog forever I'd say a mini van was a good choice for them.

They also have nieces and nephews their close to and sometimes you have to anticipate having more passengers than usual.

I drive my stepsons around as well as their friends and I need a mini van. Another thing is shopping some cars just can't haul larger items the way a mini van can. I love mine because once my husband and I have a baby we can configure our mini van to include 4 seats in the back with one of the captain's chairs removed so we can put suitcases and other items where the captain's chair usually is.

Most families have two kids on average and a mini van or SUV has been a strong family car sometimes more popular than a sedan.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie and Joel: Spreading all the HERPES Part 8

eab424 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:I disagree about E&J being good advertising for the van. I mean, they are ok, but a family of 4 doesn't exactly need a van yet. There are a lot of vloggers with more than two kids, that I feel could advertise the features better and who still have an audience old enough to purchase a vehicle. Even Ruby! The DB/EJ audience is mostly preteens, and the adults they do have I suspect aren't at the point in their life yet where they are functional enough to need a family vehicle. At least I hope not Image.
I have to disagree, growing up due to the big age differences between my older siblings and my younger sister there was only 2 of us in the house during the 90s and everything. We had a mini van and yes we needed the space. It's nice when your traveling and you can spread out during trips. Now with the dog and she won't be a small dog forever I'd say a mini van was a good choice for them.

They also have nieces and nephews their close to and sometimes you have to anticipate having more passengers than usual.

I drive my stepsons around as well as their friends and I need a mini van. Another thing is shopping some cars just can't haul larger items the way a mini van can. I love mine because once my husband and I have a baby we can configure our mini van to include 4 seats in the back with one of the captain's chairs removed so we can put suitcases and other items where the captain's chair usually is.

Most families have two kids on average and a mini van or SUV has been a strong family car sometimes more popular than a sedan.
But we aren't seeing these things daily. A busy mom could certainly make good use of a van! I'm not questioning why one would need one, I'm just saying there may have been better representatives than a couple that rarely leaves their house and vlogs outings, and whose audience is young.

JMO
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

I don't think it can be ignored that a contributing factor is the more popular and ergo $$$'s vlogging families receive the more they are called out for their everyday actions/decisions/parenting in their vlogs. It's a weird conundrum, like the chicken/egg scenario.

That's perhaps why the criticism on this board has increased and the pro Bonnie posters have decreased. It's a kind of betrayal to many, that Bonnie seems to have 'sold out' to YouTube, more so than before. The tide appeared to turn when Joel gave up his full time job and now recently, with them actively showing they are wanting sponsors etc. Meh, just my thoughts. As you were. :)
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
nc_mom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nc_mom »

Does anyone else find it disturbing and dangerous that these family vloggers use their real last names, show their homes, what their children look like, what cars they drive and other information? There are a lot of crazy people in this world and it wouldn't take much for a mentally disturbed stalker to track them down...especially their helpless, children! They can find their homes, what schools the children go to and create dangerous situations. I don't care how much money can be made on youTube but my family's safety and anonymity would always be a priority in my life. If adult couples want to vlog then that's their business and they are old enough to decide to show their lives to the public but their children should not be a part of that! I think it's just a matter of time until we eventually hear about something awful that happened to one of the kids by a so called "fan"...scary stuff!
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

nc_mom wrote:Does anyone else find it disturbing and dangerous that these family vloggers use their real last names, show their homes, what their children look like, what cars they drive and other information? There are a lot of crazy people in this world and it wouldn't take much for a mentally disturbed stalker to track them down...especially their helpless, children! They can find their homes, what schools the children go to and create dangerous situations. I don't care how much money can be made on youTube but my family's safety and anonymity would always be a priority in my life. If adult couples want to vlog then that's their business and they are old enough to decide to show their lives to the public but their children should not be a part of that! I think it's just a matter of time until we eventually hear about something awful that happened to one of the kids by a so called "fan"...scary stuff!
Yup. You are not alone. No amount of money would make me film my daughter in her intimate and private surroundings/moments in order for me to pay me bills. Ever.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

nc_mom wrote:Does anyone else find it disturbing and dangerous that these family vloggers use their real last names, show their homes, what their children look like, what cars they drive and other information? There are a lot of crazy people in this world and it wouldn't take much for a mentally disturbed stalker to track them down...especially their helpless, children! They can find their homes, what schools the children go to and create dangerous situations. I don't care how much money can be made on youTube but my family's safety and anonymity would always be a priority in my life. If adult couples want to vlog then that's their business and they are old enough to decide to show their lives to the public but their children should not be a part of that! I think it's just a matter of time until we eventually hear about something awful that happened to one of the kids by a so called "fan"...scary stuff!
It's not just the addresses and things though, we know patterns. Like we know when they are alone (like a spouse is out of town), or what stores they tend to shop at. Jared has shown at least twice how easy it is to break into their house, and most vloggers have shown how often they let their kids play unsupervised. Sure DB at least have a gated property, but how much of a deterrent is that really going to be if a predator can snatch a one year old easily without anyone noticing right away.

Vloggers feel safe because they don't see their audience. They don't want to see the risk, and they can ignore it because they don't see any of it actually affecting their kids. There are users here who vlog and this came up in the MO section before. One of them really couldn't see why her children might be at risk. I think this naivety of vloggers is pretty evident in E&Js choice to build their home in a regular subdivision. If that were me, I would need a place with property and gates and cameras, just to have a slight sense of security. E&J clearly feel safe however, because they not only chose that option, but also put their two year old in the basement. We have too much information, but they just don't see the risk. This is why I think they get defensive when they realize sites like YTMD are exposing things. It bursts their bubble about how much control over the situation they really have.

I will say though. I kind of understand how the family members of vloggers get into it. If you end up featured enough that people know who you are anyway, I could see deciding to do it yourself to at least reap the rewards as well. I still wouldn't do it, but I can see how someone could easily justify it to themselves.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

menehune wrote:
IceCreamCone wrote:

I've been noticing this board gets a ton more discussion than the E&J board anymore! I wondered why that was. Part of me thinks that it's hard to demonize Jared because he does seem so simple, harmless and just overly keen all the time. He's a lot harder to dislike with a vengeance than say Bryan. Or maybe people just aren't bothering to watch them anymore?
Jared is harmless? Did you see him rubbing his face on Lincoln's bare butt?
I think that the reason the E&J board seems so quiet most of the time is that no matter what anyone says, they are still oblivious and don't change their ways. How many times can we say that Ellie is a narcissistic control freak and Jared is just weird and will do almost anything for attention and views? I think people just got numb to them. But I still see comments on their thread, so I am not completely sure that it's really crickets over there.
And just a thought, but should this conversation be in the "Comparing the Griffiths" thread? Not trying to police comments. Just asking for my own knowledge.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”