Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I've been moping around the internet for the last few hours, in a "woe is me" state of mind, and decided to catch up on the Bonnie vlogs I hadn't yet seen. Her "I want a DOGGY" video actually cracked me up and changed my mood entirely. Lincoln running around with his "cack pack," picking his sleeping siblings' noses, digging into tacos... He just makes me laugh.

And it's vlogs like this that I really enjoy. Just a family doing family things. It's really easy to pick and tear into vloggers, because they are making a lot of money and, in becoming public figures, they've basically painted targets on their own backs. I just feel like a decent amount of the time, Bonnie's vlogs do offer something of value, at least to me. Two things, actually - amusement, and distraction.

One thing to pick at, though - it made me nervous when Lincoln "played" with Penny. I don't have a dog or want one or know much about them at all, but I feel like it's a bad idea to grab at Penny when she's chewing on a bone. I don't think it's the greatest idea to belly flop over Penny either, but E+J don't seem to be concerned about it, as Calvin eventually started doing it too.

Final thought - seeing Lincoln next to Calvin is very interesting.
Addicted2vlogs
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Addicted2vlogs »

My heart skipped a beat at today's vlog title, I'm glad it had nothing to do with Bonnie telling Joel he needs to do more, but in fact the title was about Bonnie mocking herself being a princess and not doing anything to help everyone move boxes. Too funny.

I know it's said often here, but I fucking love Joel. I can't think of another YouTube dad as great as him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
smellycat801
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by smellycat801 »

Joel is such a good guy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Whotiesyourshoes
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Whotiesyourshoes »

Didn’t Bonnie say a few videos back that this upcoming trip was a business trip? Are they now writing off random trips as “business trips”?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Whotiesyourshoes wrote:Didn’t Bonnie say a few videos back that this upcoming trip was a business trip? Are they now writing off random trips as “business trips”?
The "work trip" is in a few weeks.
Whotiesyourshoes
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Whotiesyourshoes »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Whotiesyourshoes wrote:Didn’t Bonnie say a few videos back that this upcoming trip was a business trip? Are they now writing off random trips as “business trips”?
The "work trip" is in a few weeks.
Oh ok.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Joel is a saint. Bonnie treats him horribly.
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Joel is a saint. Bonnie treats him horribly.
I disagree. They seem to work as a team, and Bonnie has mentioned before that when Joel is upset he gets quiet. To some people, this is worse than actually getting snapped at. It's all about frustration, and most couples have arguments from time to time. I found the one about the grapes relatable because Bonnie was stressed in the heat of the moment and got angry out of frustration, but then calmed down and tried to fix it. Who hasn't had moments like this whether it be frustration with our kids, work, spouse, etc.....

I think Bonnie appreciates Joel, and I appreciate that they aren't so concerned about presenting a perfect image that they hide incidents like this. It would have been very easy to.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

Nuna wrote: I disagree. They seem to work as a team, and Bonnie has mentioned before that when Joel is upset he gets quiet. To some people, this is worse than actually getting snapped at. It's all about frustration, and most couples have arguments from time to time. I found the one about the grapes relatable because Bonnie was stressed in the heat of the moment and got angry out of frustration, but then calmed down and tried to fix it. Who hasn't had moments like this whether it be frustration with our kids, work, spouse, etc.....

I think Bonnie appreciates Joel, and I appreciate that they aren't so concerned about presenting a perfect image that they hide incidents like this. It would have been very easy to.
I agree. I think this is something that a lot of vloggers and new parents are attributing to You Tube. Once you've been married for awhile and have had kids, your relationship changes. Sometimes life is frustrating and it leads to a disconnect, poor communication and fighting. This happens to the best relationships, and isn't necessarily specific to You Tube. I think Bonnie and Joel had their dynamic figured out before YT and this is why they don't blame any of their miscommunications on vlogging. They seem to own it and deal with it once they calm down. Thinking of C&K and E&J specifically, I think the hardships they are attributing to You Tube being stressful, and more the regular ebb and flow that relationships go through after children and being together awhile.

If you can honestly say you've never fought with a spouse while running late, packing for a vacation, trying to get the kids ready for bed, disagreeing over important decisions etc, then you have a better relationship than 90% of the population. We all get frustrated from time to time, it just comes out in different ways for different people. Based on Joel and Bonnie's body language when they are alone, I would say their relationship with one another is going strong by even non- YT standards.
OldHag
Informer
Informer

Unread post by OldHag »

I also kinda gasped when it looked like today's title was telling Joely he needed to do more - as if! Bonnie is awfully demanding. The look on Joely's face when she re-told the story of screaming at him like a total beeyotch when he took all that time to prep the grapes for her, all while watching the kids. He totally looked pissed off behind the smile.

And what a saint for moving Julie and family! Because we didn't see Landon until the later part of the video, I was expecting Julie was finally leaving him. She sure is patient with him changing jobs and schools every 5 minutes and never finishing anything, all the while keeping them in a crappy condo far away from her family. They seemed pretty subdued and not happy in this vlog. Glad they are moving back near family.

I think Joel and Julie's sweet personalities would be well matched.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

I definitely think Bonnie is an assertive woman with a strong personality but I'm struggling to understand why people think she is demanding on Joel. She expects a lot from him and from her children, but she expects a lot from herself too I think. I honestly don't see her being disrespectful to her family; rather, I see her as someone who truly loves and admires and appreciates each one of them for their strengths and contributions. Cheesy, I know, but yeah...that's how I feel :)
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

New thread! Please continue here: viewtopic.php?t=13194 :)
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Namm »

I think Joel and Julie's sweet personalities would be well matched.[/quote]

It's kind of a rude to Bonnies and Joels relationship but they would've made a perfect match. J&J would've benefited from each others caring and giving personalities.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”