• Advertisement

Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: A Butt-Squeezing Good Time | Part 12

Postby chatty » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:06 am

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Has anyone, anywhere ever seen carpet on a windowsill before?
And pink carpet.... yikes!

That was a custom made home and Ellie took her guidance from her mother

Omg, yes! I meant to comment on that in my post as well! Haha. Sooo strange. It reminded me of something a crazy cat lady might have in a room designed just for her cats.

Was pink carpet ever a thing? Like, does it go along with green carpet and shag carpet in the outdated list, or is Jennifer just an extra special snowflake?

My parents had pink carpet in the 90's but that's surely the decade it should stay in lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chatty
Informer

Advertisement

Postby chatty » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:09 am

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I almost puked today when Lincoln was using Joel's toothbrush. Also poor Joel looked so defeated when he didn't do the grapes correctly. And Bonnie wouldn't even let him get a word in on the phone.

I have to say I'm a Bonnie supporter the majority of the time. But the way she treats Joel sometimes really irks me. She doesn't think about how hurtful or demeaning her words/attitude can be. She didn't stop and think about the effort and work Joel put in for her, it was just an instant put down when actually she should have been thanking him.

chatty
Informer

Postby RecklessDisregard » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:40 am

I've been moping around the internet for the last few hours, in a "woe is me" state of mind, and decided to catch up on the Bonnie vlogs I hadn't yet seen. Her "I want a DOGGY" video actually cracked me up and changed my mood entirely. Lincoln running around with his "cack pack," picking his sleeping siblings' noses, digging into tacos... He just makes me laugh.

And it's vlogs like this that I really enjoy. Just a family doing family things. It's really easy to pick and tear into vloggers, because they are making a lot of money and, in becoming public figures, they've basically painted targets on their own backs. I just feel like a decent amount of the time, Bonnie's vlogs do offer something of value, at least to me. Two things, actually - amusement, and distraction.

One thing to pick at, though - it made me nervous when Lincoln "played" with Penny. I don't have a dog or want one or know much about them at all, but I feel like it's a bad idea to grab at Penny when she's chewing on a bone. I don't think it's the greatest idea to belly flop over Penny either, but E+J don't seem to be concerned about it, as Calvin eventually started doing it too.

Final thought - seeing Lincoln next to Calvin is very interesting.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper

Postby Addicted2vlogs » Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:12 am

My heart skipped a beat at today's vlog title, I'm glad it had nothing to do with Bonnie telling Joel he needs to do more, but in fact the title was about Bonnie mocking herself being a princess and not doing anything to help everyone move boxes. Too funny.

I know it's said often here, but I fucking love Joel. I can't think of another YouTube dad as great as him.

Addicted2vlogs
Talker

Postby smellycat801 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:00 am

Joel is such a good guy!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
smellycat801
Gossiper

Postby Whotiesyourshoes » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:16 am

Didn’t Bonnie say a few videos back that this upcoming trip was a business trip? Are they now writing off random trips as “business trips”?
Whotiesyourshoes
Amateur

Postby HelloSweetie » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:18 am

Whotiesyourshoes wrote:Didn’t Bonnie say a few videos back that this upcoming trip was a business trip? Are they now writing off random trips as “business trips”?

The "work trip" is in a few weeks.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby Whotiesyourshoes » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:30 am

HelloSweetie wrote:
Whotiesyourshoes wrote:Didn’t Bonnie say a few videos back that this upcoming trip was a business trip? Are they now writing off random trips as “business trips”?

The "work trip" is in a few weeks.

Oh ok.
Whotiesyourshoes
Amateur

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:49 am

Joel is a saint. Bonnie treats him horribly.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper

Postby Nuna » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:47 am

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Joel is a saint. Bonnie treats him horribly.

I disagree. They seem to work as a team, and Bonnie has mentioned before that when Joel is upset he gets quiet. To some people, this is worse than actually getting snapped at. It's all about frustration, and most couples have arguments from time to time. I found the one about the grapes relatable because Bonnie was stressed in the heat of the moment and got angry out of frustration, but then calmed down and tried to fix it. Who hasn't had moments like this whether it be frustration with our kids, work, spouse, etc.....

I think Bonnie appreciates Joel, and I appreciate that they aren't so concerned about presenting a perfect image that they hide incidents like this. It would have been very easy to.
Nuna
Talker

Postby menehune » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:00 am

Nuna wrote:I disagree. They seem to work as a team, and Bonnie has mentioned before that when Joel is upset he gets quiet. To some people, this is worse than actually getting snapped at. It's all about frustration, and most couples have arguments from time to time. I found the one about the grapes relatable because Bonnie was stressed in the heat of the moment and got angry out of frustration, but then calmed down and tried to fix it. Who hasn't had moments like this whether it be frustration with our kids, work, spouse, etc.....

I think Bonnie appreciates Joel, and I appreciate that they aren't so concerned about presenting a perfect image that they hide incidents like this. It would have been very easy to.

I agree. I think this is something that a lot of vloggers and new parents are attributing to You Tube. Once you've been married for awhile and have had kids, your relationship changes. Sometimes life is frustrating and it leads to a disconnect, poor communication and fighting. This happens to the best relationships, and isn't necessarily specific to You Tube. I think Bonnie and Joel had their dynamic figured out before YT and this is why they don't blame any of their miscommunications on vlogging. They seem to own it and deal with it once they calm down. Thinking of C&K and E&J specifically, I think the hardships they are attributing to You Tube being stressful, and more the regular ebb and flow that relationships go through after children and being together awhile.

If you can honestly say you've never fought with a spouse while running late, packing for a vacation, trying to get the kids ready for bed, disagreeing over important decisions etc, then you have a better relationship than 90% of the population. We all get frustrated from time to time, it just comes out in different ways for different people. Based on Joel and Bonnie's body language when they are alone, I would say their relationship with one another is going strong by even non- YT standards.
menehune
Informer

Postby OldHag » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:14 pm

I also kinda gasped when it looked like today's title was telling Joely he needed to do more - as if! Bonnie is awfully demanding. The look on Joely's face when she re-told the story of screaming at him like a total beeyotch when he took all that time to prep the grapes for her, all while watching the kids. He totally looked pissed off behind the smile.

And what a saint for moving Julie and family! Because we didn't see Landon until the later part of the video, I was expecting Julie was finally leaving him. She sure is patient with him changing jobs and schools every 5 minutes and never finishing anything, all the while keeping them in a crappy condo far away from her family. They seemed pretty subdued and not happy in this vlog. Glad they are moving back near family.

I think Joel and Julie's sweet personalities would be well matched.
OldHag
Talker

Postby natalka81 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:49 pm

I definitely think Bonnie is an assertive woman with a strong personality but I'm struggling to understand why people think she is demanding on Joel. She expects a lot from him and from her children, but she expects a lot from herself too I think. I honestly don't see her being disrespectful to her family; rather, I see her as someone who truly loves and admires and appreciates each one of them for their strengths and contributions. Cheesy, I know, but yeah...that's how I feel :)
natalka81
True Gossiper

Postby Boredomatitsfinest » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:01 am

New thread! Please continue here: https://ytmommadrama.com/viewtopic.php?t=13194 :)
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper

Postby Namm » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:02 am

I think Joel and Julie's sweet personalities would be well matched.[/quote]

It's kind of a rude to Bonnies and Joels relationship but they would've made a perfect match. J&J would've benefited from each others caring and giving personalities.
Namm
Informer

Previous

• Advertisement

Return to Bonnie Hoellein