Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by menehune »

menehune wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
Bethypooh51 wrote:Bonnie’s latest Instagram post. Begging for views in her serious but funny way. If these guys are followers of Dave Ramsey why do they seem so desperate to make money? They have missed out on one weeks pay. A slap on the hand at most and they are whining like they have no money. I just don’t get it. They live in Utah for goodness sakes. The cost of living is not that high there. They have a food pantry, a newly renovated home, new cars, and if you look very closely she carries an Hermès bag and I am guessing it isn’t a replica. To me they are so used to bringing in their $30+ thousand a month and can’t figure out how to live without it. It just makes me see Bonnie and Joel in a whole new light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its very telling imo. A weeks loss of pay should be NOTHING to them. If anything it should be an eye opener that they could take more time off and spend some quality time with their children and not film it but be fine financially...they are seriously acting like theyre not sure how they will make their next payments.
I will preface this by saying that I don't know this for sure, but I read that Google is giving the money back to the advertisers for Adsense videos that have been pulled. This could be why her Social Blade estimate has her at $0 all of a sudden. Future earnings could be on hold until Google makes that money back again.

If this is true, and I can't say I'ver researched it or anything, then a lot of YTers are going to be hurting over the next few months.
Nevermind. This applies in cases of fake traffic. I don't think it applies in Bonnie's case. There do seem to be some articles talking about how Adsense is paid out out monthly, and depending on how it runs the numbers people can miss out on earnings through demonetization.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by GymChick »

I feel like they must not all follow dave ramsey to a T. Dave ramsey promotes paying off your house ASAP once your other debts are gone. I was shocked but jennifers recent IG post that they just made their last payment. They are in their late 50/early 60s?? That’s like an average person payment timeline- especially in Utah with the cheap ass houses. Dave ramsey followers usually have a goal to pay off their house in 10 years. My husband and I are dave Ramsey followers and we are hoping to get our house paid off by early 40s. And if Ellie and Jared actually have a large mortgage that was really idiotic of them. If they would have called into Dave’s radio dave would have called them idiots for wanting a mortgage with their income. They could have paid cash for a great house, or at least pay off a house in less than 10 years. Bonnie mentioning her needed brand deal has left a really bad taste in my mouth. Just so effing inconsiderate to put in the vlog. And now her insensitive IG post begging for views in a trading but there is truth to every joke kinda way. They missed less than a week, they are fine financially (well at least they really should be). Maybe they are putting a large percentage towards very early retirement into mutual funds? Idk

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

gymchick43 wrote:I feel like they must not all follow fave ramsey to a T. Dave ramsey promotes paying off your house ASAP once your other debts are gone. I was shocked but jennifers recent IG post that they just made their last payment. They are in their late 50/early 60s?? That’s like an average person payment timeline- especially in Utah with the cheap ass houses. Dave ramsey followers usually have a goal to pay off their house in 10 years. My husband and I are dave Ramsey followers and we are hoping to get our house paid off by early 40s. And if Ellie and Jared actually have a large mortgage that was really idiotic of them. If they would have called into Dave’s radio dave would have called them idiots for wanting a mortgage with their income. They could have paid cash for a great house, or at least pay off a house in less than 10 years. Bonnie mentioning her needed brand deal has left a really bad taste in my mouth. Just so effing inconsiderate to put in the vlog. They missed less than a week, they are fine financially (well at least they really should be). Maybe they are putting a large percentage towards very early retirement into mutual funds? Idk

My theory is they had some substantial debt before youtube really started paying....its purely speculation but for a very long time Joel was the only income earner, and they had multiple children. Bonnie has never really lived the lower income/poor life, she has always been done to nines, expensive clothing for her and the kids, image image image.
Its very common in Mormon cirlces to be in debt to the max, some really get hung up on appearing to have more then they actually can afford and I think Bonnie is likely one of them.
Joel's previous job wasn't bad, but I don't think he was making a ton either for the way they live.
The home they bought may have been cheap but with one person working and babies its not that cheap, especially considering they redid the bathroom right when they moved in.
And once Ellie started making money on youtube Im sure the need to keep up financially (spending) was pretty important to Bonnie.
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

Bonnie and Joel may have had debt, but I think it's long since been paid off. I think they probably had GOALS, and this has set them back a bit. Bonnie is just being a bit spoiled in wanting to play catch up rather than adjust her budget for this month.

I highly doubt Bonnie and Joel don't have money saved up or invested given what they have made. If Ellie is able to afford everything she is spending money on, then I think Bonnie is doing just fine being estimated to actually make hundreds of thousands more a year.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

menehune wrote:Bonnie and Joel may have had debt, but I think it's long since been paid off. I think they probably had GOALS, and this has set them back a bit. Bonnie is just being a bit spoiled in wanting to play catch up rather than adjust her budget for this month.

I highly doubt Bonnie and Joel don't have money saved up or invested given what they have made. If Ellie is able to afford everything she is spending money on, then I think Bonnie is doing just fine being estimated to actually make hundreds of thousands more a year.

I don't think she would be this upset and willing to give up her Christmas plans for goals. She had cancelled all brand deals for December because she wanted to enjoy her children. She misses one, not even one full week, of paid videos and she freaks out and starts booking brand deals and settles for spending Christmas eve and Christmas day focused on the kids? No, I don't think so. Her behaviour seems more in line with someone who NEEDS that money, the money that was spent before it was even earned.
Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Vlog4money »

PinkFrog wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
All the kids' toys are in the basement. If Bonnie wasn't working on the cookbook, then Jackson and Calvin and Ellie didn't even need to be there. It doesn't matter whether Bonnie and Joel were working on the channel, or the cookbook. They were WORKING and not neglecting their kids. They at least had someone they watching them. Where is this same criticism when Jackson and Calvin are alone in the basement in 90% of E&J's vlogs with no one watching?

There's enough to hate on about the exploitation without acting like they are banishing their children Image
The kids are fine in the basement, and I'm sure they had little interest in watching the adults do either the cookbook or edit the vlogs. If they were planning to do cookbook stuff that day, then they would have had Bree booked already, and it would have been a pretty shitty thing to do to cancel on her at the last minute. If Bonnie is complaining about losing out on money, then it would be pretty awful to do that to Bree!

At any rate, it seem that Bonnie and Joel were under a lot of pressure, and I don't think having the kids to deal with at the same time would have been good for any of them.

Glad they went through all their vlogs and cleaned them up and got their monetization back. I don't feel a bit sorry for the work they had to put in doing it though.
The kids are fine in the basement. My comment was based on Bonnie's comment about keeping the kids in the basement and not focusing on them as they planned, now that they had to pick up a brand deal. I'm not hating just to hate. Bonnie made the comment and it made me sad that making money is more important than her kids. If she needed money for food/shelter that's one thing. One week demonitized won't take that away. She is crying over eyelash and hair extensions and in my opinion that is sad.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
menehune wrote:Bonnie and Joel may have had debt, but I think it's long since been paid off. I think they probably had GOALS, and this has set them back a bit. Bonnie is just being a bit spoiled in wanting to play catch up rather than adjust her budget for this month.

I don't think she would be this upset and willing to give up her Christmas plans for goals. She had cancelled all brand deals for December because she wanted to enjoy her children. She misses one, not even one full week, of paid videos and she freaks out and starts booking brand deals and settles for spending Christmas eve and Christmas day focused on the kids? No, I don't think so. Her behaviour seems more in line with someone who NEEDS that money, the money that was spent before it was even earned.
Lol. I'm a frugal person. Ok, some have called me stingy. I have particular tastes and will buy high class items, but I don't waste money. For the most part, I save. If I lost a weeks wages that I hadn't planned on, I'd panic. Heck I panic when I have to pay $20 I hadn't planned on.

I think the idea that Bonnie and Joel are suffering from this is reaching. If they aren't in a good financial position, then most YTers are in serious trouble! One Hermes bag is no indication that they aren't saving. Neither is Bonnie's panic. If anything it's a sign that reality has set in. I save $800 for retirement every month. If a month went by that I couldn't put that away, I'd be looking to play catch up too. Different strokes.....
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Vlog4money wrote:
PinkFrog wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
All the kids' toys are in the basement. If Bonnie wasn't working on the cookbook, then Jackson and Calvin and Ellie didn't even need to be there. It doesn't matter whether Bonnie and Joel were working on the channel, or the cookbook. They were WORKING and not neglecting their kids. They at least had someone they watching them. Where is this same criticism when Jackson and Calvin are alone in the basement in 90% of E&J's vlogs with no one watching?

There's enough to hate on about the exploitation without acting like they are banishing their children Image
The kids are fine in the basement, and I'm sure they had little interest in watching the adults do either the cookbook or edit the vlogs. If they were planning to do cookbook stuff that day, then they would have had Bree booked already, and it would have been a pretty shitty thing to do to cancel on her at the last minute. If Bonnie is complaining about losing out on money, then it would be pretty awful to do that to Bree!

At any rate, it seem that Bonnie and Joel were under a lot of pressure, and I don't think having the kids to deal with at the same time would have been good for any of them.

Glad they went through all their vlogs and cleaned them up and got their monetization back. I don't feel a bit sorry for the work they had to put in doing it though.
The kids are fine in the basement. My comment was based on Bonnie's comment about keeping the kids in the basement and not focusing on them as they planned, now that they had to pick up a brand deal. I'm not hating just to hate. Bonnie made the comment and it made me sad that making money is more important than her kids. If she needed money for food/shelter that's one thing. One week demonitized won't take that away. She is crying over eyelash and hair extensions and in my opinion that is sad.
Yes, thank you.
I don't have a problem with the basement per say. Its Bonnie's comments that show her thought process that's sad.
This experience has not changed her, made her open her eyes, nothing. She is money hungry and nothing will come between her and her money. Its very sad. Of all the Griffiths girls I had hopes that Bonnie would be the one to take this seriously, but she really isn't. The only thing she is taking seriously is the loss (potential) of her frivolous spending.

Either they have money saved and Bonnie is so upset and strung out over losing the non-necessary purchases (expensive clothing, eye lashes, nails, ect) OR they don't have any money saved and she is so upset and strung out about paying next months bills.

Both are sad but if its the first and theyre set financially then sending the kids to the basement so she can do a last minute brand deal is incredibly sad for her children.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

I have a frugal spouse and he's all about the saving. In his mind having to dip into the savings account would kill him. It's a bit ridiculous, but that's how he is.

Bonnie has mentioned dipping into her saving as well.... meaning they do have one. I think they are fine and she's just being a big baby about the money lost.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

How awkward to be Bree though....youre there doing your paid nanny gig while your boss has a mini melt down about not earning enough money. Poor Bree.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Plus, not having to give a network a cut. She's been making more than E&J for the past while, and not sharing it with a network. Plus, they haven't _appeared_ to live the luxurious lifestyle.

I wonder if the Hermes bag is a Chinese knockoff. I hope not. Talk about exploiting children! The counterfeit luxury trade is based on child slavery. Maybe she got it in the duty free shop in the airport. I hope.

And even not following Dave Ramsey, my ex and I always put extra in every payment on our cars and house. If we'd stayed married, our house would have been paid for early, and even divorced, our cars were. It just doesn't make sense not to, if you can.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:I have a frugal spouse and he's all about the saving. In his mind having to dip into the savings account would kill him. It's a bit ridiculous, but that's how he is.

Bonnie has mentioned dipping into her saving as well.... meaning they do have one. I think they are fine and she's just being a big baby about the money lost.
And that annoys me. There are lots of people _really_ struggling to make ends meet right now. And with Christmas coming, it's an added stress. And her acting like they are in financial straits is just not ok. It's like the Funnel Vision guy whining.
Next thing, you will see comments offering to send her money or Christmas gifts for the kids. Or some misguided minions setting up a GFM like they did for Ruby when her beans burned.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Be careful because Bonnie actually hadn't pandered to the child audience in the same way, but it seems that having family in the vlogs somehow had made her a family channel. I don't see you post here ever, so I'm not sure if you've watched her, but I have seen your vlogs and they are fairly similar in how they promote "real life" over the perfect family image. I'd hate for you to get hit in the same way just because YT decides you have children so you have to be more PC!
Her content may have been more grown up, but her channel and video tags were all about family and kids. The algorithm would have put them on the YT Kids app automatically.
I’m trying to cut any ties to that all together. I don’t want my videos on YT kids. I don’t want my tags to imply I’m kid friendly. I’m half tempted to just age restrict my vlogs to 18+, just to avoid this nonsense.
I’m a “family vlog” only in that I have a family and I vlog. But make no mistake, my vlog is for adults. I’m not posting vulgar or explicit content, but I’m not a child entertainer either.
:roll:
PBandJelly
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by PBandJelly »

i have such conflicting feelings about all of this... i have a soft spot for Bonnie because her channel was one of the first channels I followed. There is something about her that is so much more REAL than her sisters and other youtubers... her relationship with her kids, joel... it is all just relatable. BUT those feelings aside, I feel like I've seen her in a new light over this past week... her true colors perhaps... the whole "we aren't upset about the loss money" PLEASE. you and your husband have chosen to make youtube your JOB; therefore, YES YES YES! it IS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY. no youtube= no money= no ability to pay the bills and support your family. I could go on but most others have summarized my feelings in previous posts.

LONG and OFF TOPIC SLIGHTLY: not sure if you or anyone else watches the ohana adventure. basically what happened to Bonnie also happened to them... The odd thing is that their videos were demonitized TWO weeks ago and they didn't say a word on their videos or social media... just hoped that youtube had made a mistake and that everything would be fixed. What?? apparently are exclusive yotubers so youtube money pays their bills. Why they just twidled their thumbs for TWO WHOLE WEEKS just passively waiting to get their money back... I don't understand. They are now taking a page from Bonnie's book and have posted a sob video pleading to youtube and to their subscribers to post on their videos and twitter and instagrams that their channel deserves to be remonitzed. The mom's over the top sobbing about everything is just too much as is just about everything that the dad says. I don't watch them and so I have zero idea what kind of people they are but that video really come across as entitled, selfish and just so egotistical -- we work SO hard, this is a full time job, christmas is coming and we aren't making money.... good grief. Idk why i'm so bothered by their video... the fact that they are just NOW taking charge of their remonitization makes me sort of roll me eyes. It was just SO painfully obvious that they are trying to "pull a Bonnie". let's see how many people with demonitized channels put out their own "plea to youtube/dear youtube" videos...
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

Theirmom wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Be careful because Bonnie actually hadn't pandered to the child audience in the same way, but it seems that having family in the vlogs somehow had made her a family channel. I don't see you post here ever, so I'm not sure if you've watched her, but I have seen your vlogs and they are fairly similar in how they promote "real life" over the perfect family image. I'd hate for you to get hit in the same way just because YT decides you have children so you have to be more PC!
Her content may have been more grown up, but her channel and video tags were all about family and kids. The algorithm would have put them on the YT Kids app automatically.
I’m trying to cut any ties to that all together. I don’t want my videos on YT kids. I don’t want my tags to imply I’m kid friendly. I’m half tempted to just age restrict my vlogs to 18+, just to avoid this nonsense.
I’m a “family vlog” only in that I have a family and I vlog. But make no mistake, my vlog is for adults. I’m not posting vulgar or explicit content, but I’m not a child entertainer either.
Do you mind PMing me your channel link? There aren’t many vloggers with family settings that aren’t catering to 8 year olds. I’d love to sub!
GuavaMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GuavaMama »

I think Bonnie freaking out has to do with tithing. Iwas reading an article about tithing being so important in the LDS church.

Let’s say they are making about 300,000 a year and they have to pay 10%. That’s 30,000. Maybe they pay at the end of the year or has to pay next month and she’s freaking out.

I was reading some crazy stories about members not being able to tithe. The church supposedly takes away your temple recommend.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

DramaMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by DramaMama »

I love Bonnie, but it doesn’t help her any that she has an entire playlist called “accidents”. She obviously knows that’s the thing getting views. Wouldn’t you think to yourself “hmmm it’s weird that people want to see my kids get hurt the most out of anything. That doesn’t seem right...”? I mean anyone wanting to see your kids crying and in pain are probably sickos.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

GuavaMama wrote:I think Bonnie freaking out has to do with tithing. Iwas reading an article about tithing being so important in the LDS church.

Let’s say they are making about 300,000 a year and they have to pay 10%. That’s 30,000. Maybe they pay at the end of the year or has to pay next month and she’s freaking out.

I was reading some crazy stories about members not being able to tithe. The church supposedly takes away your temple recommend.

Correct me if I’m wrong.

I don't think it's about tithing...you pay tithing each time you get paid. 10%. So she wouldn't pay on income she hasn't earned and been paid for.
If she makes 30,000$ one month she would pay $3000. But if she made $3000 one month she would only pay $300.
Tiger27
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Tiger27 »

Theirmom wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
I think Bonnie still pandered to children. There were plenty of American girl doll thumbnails and videos like "Boy and Toy surgery" with Boston and Hulk as the thumbnail. I have to assume that children were the main viewers of any accident/injury/emergency/crying centered vlog. All of that, which there was plenty of, is targeting children in my opinion...why else would all these kid channels be doing it? I think they're in a tricky situation...they wanted the family/kid audience because thats where they money is but also wanted to keep it real and have the adult viewers like when Bonnie started out. You can't have it all. I think the mistake was in allowing her personal channel to become a family channel. I would rebrand the vlogs as a family blog channel and make a second channel with adult focused content. Ellie and Jared are in the same boat but worse off.

And in response to the person who mentioned the Ohana Adventure. I don't feel bad for them one bit!!! Their videos were filled with clickbait and overly dramatized moments. They knew full well what they were doing and were some of the worst offenders. Anyone know if Slyfox has been demonitized?? They certainly deserve it. I was glad to see Tannerites were as well. I was so tired of seeing these three families force their tween girls to talk about periods/puberty on camera over and over.
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I was surprised she made out like being demonetised for less than a week would send them broke. There’s people out there who literally live pay check to pay check and are struggling to make ends meet, let alone pay for Christmas. I think she’s forgotten what that’s like.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”