Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by littlebaby »

On the tree decorating topic, my parents almost made me decorate the tree because they hated how tedious it was (and also decorated the rest of the house lol). It was fun when I was <10 years old, but after that I dreaded it. All our ornaments are super old and ~sentimental~ though, so that’s cute. There’s a bunch of stuff I made in elementary school, a baby’s first Christmas ornament from the year I was born, etc. I’ll “inherit” them all and will probably keep most of them.

Edit: Forgot to actually tie it to B&J’s family, lol. It doesn’t seem like the kids have a burning desire to decorate the tree and I don’t think they’ll feel like they missed out. They do plenty as a family, especially during the holidays. I would have rather had a family/Christmas like that than the ones I grew up with tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Namm
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by Namm »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:
hey girl hey007 wrote:I'm super late and I'm sorry if this has been talked about. I don't watch Bonnie anymore and usually ignore her Instastories but she posted a picture of Cody and said "I would marry Cody if I could #handsome" and it made my skin crawl. I get it, parents think their children are handsome and cute whatever no big deal. The way Bonnies family is freaks me out though! I can't get past the weird things they do any say about the kids looks. It just comes off so creepy and weird to me. Is it a Mormon thing? Do other people do that?
I feel like she's only like this towards Cody, which makes it a tad bit weirder. Like its always him that she says she would "marry" and not Boston or Lincoln. I know she doesn't mean harm by it but I have to admit I do find it strange.
I think that it's because Cody is calm, seems "more" mature than his brothers and has always been even at their age, he listens. Which is why Bonnie can visualize him as someones husband one day. Boston is amazing and a fave but still a baby and little bratty and that might be the reason Bonnies doesn't picture him yet, as someones husband. I don't think it's deeper than that.
natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

Does anyone know if Bonnie or Joel said anywhere if they're doing the Elf on the Shelf vlogs again this year? I would assume that they'd bring in a little extra $$$ for them, but maybe it isn't worth the time?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

natalka81 wrote:Does anyone know if Bonnie or Joel said anywhere if they're doing the Elf on the Shelf vlogs again this year? I would assume that they'd bring in a little extra $$$ for them, but maybe it isn't worth the time?
They didn't start doing it for the vlogs, but for the kids, so I imagine they will be doing it again. The vlogs are so far behind (so hate it). I think the Psych Movie was on the 30th, so the elf should appear tomorrow.
amandaz
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by amandaz »

I think the vlogs are only a few days behind now. Wasn’t the Thanksgiving vlog posted the Monday after? And if the Psych Movie was on the 30th (last Thursday), then they are 3 days behind right now. Better than the whole week

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

amandaz wrote:I think the vlogs are only a few days behind now. Wasn’t the Thanksgiving vlog posted the Monday after? And if the Psych Movie was on the 30th (last Thursday), then they are 3 days behind right now. Better than the whole week

True. Better, but still annoying. I wouldn't notice it as much if I didn't follow Ellie and Jared on social media though.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Bonnie just shared on instagram that her channel has been demonetized. No specifics. She's not with a network though right? So it'll be completely up to her to sort it out with YouTube, right?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Bonnie just shared on instagram that her channel has been demonetized. No specifics. She's not with a network though right? So it'll be completely up to her to sort it out with YouTube, right?
I think so. She should be able to sort it out though. A network would have helped, but the amount she would have paid them over the years is likely far more than the amount she'll be out in the meantime.

Bad time of year to have this happen though. And yet, more questionable channels like DB and E&Js channels are just fine Image
whatashitshow
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by whatashitshow »

It is interesting/ironic to me how just yesterday's video they talked about when they were unemployed. And now she posted their channel has been demonetized. I am sure it is just a glitch as I can't think of why their entire channel would be demonetized. But I hope this goes to show them and all the other Youtubers how quickly this income can just vanish!
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

HelloSweetie wrote:
FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Bonnie just shared on instagram that her channel has been demonetized. No specifics. She's not with a network though right? So it'll be completely up to her to sort it out with YouTube, right?
I think so. She should be able to sort it out though. A network would have helped, but the amount she would have paid them over the years is likely far more than the amount she'll be out in the meantime.

Bad time of year to have this happen though. And yet, more questionable channels like DB and E&Js channels are just fine Image
There have been so many PG channels demonetised entirely. I follow a gaming channel and the creator of that has been having troubles for like a month now. All of her videos are making no money. YouTube has not responded at all.

I’d imagine this is a very scary time for creators, whether they are FT YTers or not.

The website needs to sort their shit out before everyone walks away and then who are they going to make money off?
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

After seeing immature Twitter rants from E&J lately, I really appreciate the professional tone she took in her post even though we know it has to be a serious concern for her. It will be interesting to see if Ruby's channel is affected.[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 9375ad.jpg[/img]
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

whatashitshow wrote:It is interesting/ironic to me how just yesterday's video they talked about when they were unemployed. And now she posted their channel has been demonetized. I am sure it is just a glitch as I can't think of why their entire channel would be demonetized. But I hope this goes to show them and all the other Youtubers how quickly this income can just vanish!

That's what I was thinking. Even though her channel shouldn't be demonetized its hopefully a wake up call to her, and her siblings, how quickly this can all go away.
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Yikes, these channels are being taken down and/or demonetized daily! Scary!

amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

The difference here is we see Bonnie and Joel vlog about "we know this isnt forever" and we dont see them buy lavish things every week. They've done well to save and renovate the house, save and buy Joel his dream car, and controversially (I'm the minority thinking its cool they did this together with the kids) go on vacation as a family to Hawaii and a few places before being demonetized. It sucks and there are more channels like Ellie and Ruby's who should be monitored for the inappropriate content like Jared's butt rubbing or showing his kids on the toilet. Bonnie's tone was professional, of course anyone posting about losing their income would be devastated and she was mature about it.

AND how about "this is all for us for our memories, we dont care if its monetized"-attitude: do we think they'll continue uploading if they're demonetised? I should post this in the E&J thread because it's directed towards them as they are in denial that youtube will ever demonetize their channel.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

calliepaige84 wrote:Yikes, these channels are being taken down and/or demonetized daily! Scary!

Yeah, but if Funnel Vision got their monetization back, Bonnie has nothing to worry about. I am glad YouTube is taking action. Parents have been warned about the dangers and kept posting titillating videos. Jared is one of the worst. Bonnie should be fine.

What does their timing have to do with the Psych movie? It's not premiering on TV until tomorrow. Did they go see it somewhere else? I missed that.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Thankfully these two will be alright because they aren't taking youtube for granted, and her post was very professional and respectful. While I do think that her channel is more appropriate than not most of the time, I wonder if youtube is going to make the decision to demonitized content targeted at or starring children entirely. I wouldn't blame them for taking that action given the recent things that have come to light and the questionable ethics of family vlogging overall.

Let this be a lesson to all youtube creators: You are not obligated to or entitled to a paycheck from YouTube. The money can and possibly will dry up at any moment at the flip of a switch. YouTube can tell Bonnie that she's out of luck, and that's that. It's no one's fault but your own for relying on an income with no guarantees.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Thankfully these two will be alright because they aren't taking youtube for granted, and her post was very professional and respectful. While I do think that her channel is more appropriate than not most of the time, I wonder if youtube is going to make the decision to demonitized content targeted at or starring children entirely. I wouldn't blame them for taking that action given the recent things that have come to light and the questionable ethics of family vlogging overall.

Let this be a lesson to all youtube creators: You are not obligated to or entitled to a paycheck from YouTube. The money can and possibly will dry up at any moment at the flip of a switch. YouTube can tell Bonnie that she's out of luck, and that's that. It's no one's fault but your own for relying on an income with no guarantees.
Yep. And a children's book or cookbook isn't going to sell as well if you no longer have a YT channel to shill it on. That isn't a backup plan Jared!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:Thankfully these two will be alright because they aren't taking youtube for granted, and her post was very professional and respectful. While I do think that her channel is more appropriate than not most of the time, I wonder if youtube is going to make the decision to demonitized content targeted at or starring children entirely. I wouldn't blame them for taking that action given the recent things that have come to light and the questionable ethics of family vlogging overall.

Yep. And a children's book or cookbook isn't going to sell as well if you no longer have a YT channel to shill it on. That isn't a backup plan Jared!
Oh, and they are advertising their Christmas merch now! Who's going to buy your merch if you don't have a channel, Jared? Hmmmmm? I would loooove to see Ellie and her "we would have this lifestyle with or without YouTube" attitude taken down a peg or two. And her "We did nothing wrong" comment about Jared rubbing Lincoln's bare bottom on his face-- she will go to her grave thinking she's perfect and that any action YouTube takes against them is just "unfair".

I am pleased that Bonnie (at least publicly) responded the way she did. Not sure what her dragon lady manicure has to do with the topic (weird picture to post with that caption). I don't know. It just seems weird. "My channel is demonetized. Let me go get loooong nails done". It would seem like she would want to focus on the _really_ important things, like her family... Maybe I am nitpicking. That wasn't a cheap manicure. It's incongruous. I do wonder what she said when she first found out! But what she did actually post was very classy, especially when compared to the whining from Funnel Vision and Bratayley.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

Her channel doesn’t deserve to be demonetized, but it’s clear Youtube is changing when it comes to paying people. I think it was a bad idea for Joel to quit his work and not do anything. He could have used this time to go to school or learn a trade. Instead he stayed home with Bonnie, and what happens if she can’t get her channel monetized again or only makes a quarter of what she used to?
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

I’m thinking that she had her nails done, came home and found this out. Posted about her nails because they are pretty and slid in the You Tube explanation at the end.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”