Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Bonnie didn't own anything.
"I'm sad to take these videos down, new viewers won't get to see them". That was said by Bonnie, regarding her exploitative videos that YouTube made her take down. It wasn't said as a joke, she was as serious as she is about anything else.
If she really understood exploitation she wouldn't be said to take the videos down, sad more people won't see them.
She hasn't learned anything. And I agree with others saying she's only helping people hide things. Look at all the name and thumbnail changes by her sister for example. The content is just as damaging as ever, it's just an advertiser friendly front as per Bonnie's instructions.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Bonnie may be whining about the money loss and I agree it's annoying, but I do think she at least deserves some credit for owning her guilt instead of just sweeping it under the rug. So many other YTers are managing to skirt the issue and avoid criticism by not mentioning it at all. All these comments about how Bonnie hadn't learned anything, because we have words to hold against her and criticize since she's actually talking about it. I can see now why so many YTers don't talk about issues. I think it's way too early to say she's learned nothing, when she's been more open and clear than other YTers. That has to account for something. By sharing what she was told by YT she is at least helping to make sure that the viewers and other creators know what YT does and does not want to see. She is nonetheless helping to clean it up.

We always say we want to see real life, but every time a vlogger admits guilt for something we become vultures. Look at E&J's board! By never admitting anything they manage to largely get a pass on so many things. Are the same people posting here as concerned about their accountability? As angry about their failure to quit? As outraged by their failure to learn? It seems most of the heat is on Bonnie because she is the only one to acknowledge it, which just seems a bit backwards to me. Did anyone really expect her to not want her monetization back and to just quit?
I am definitely angry at Ellie. And Ruby. I posted a screenshot of the thumbnail from her video the day Bonnie was posting about getting her monetization back-- it was Eve, looking miserable, with the title "Am I Sick?". Yes, mom. You are sick.
I am angry at DB for acting all sanctimonious and then cleaning up their titles and thumbnails while still happily uploading footage that could be embarrassing. And I am furious with SlyFox and Cullen and Katie, who seem to be completely oblivious.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Lol. I know you are! I've seen you posting about it on multiple boards Image
LOL. They just make me twitch so hard. I guess I better calm down. It's not even worth getting this upset about.

But when people go on about "protecting kids", when most of it is about protecting revenue (and I am including advertisers and YouTube in this) it really does make me angry. And of course, when you know good people really struggling financially, and these people are making money off their kids' distress and living really well, it adds fuel to the fire...

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by GymChick »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:Bonnie didn't own anything.
"I'm sad to take these videos down, new viewers won't get to see them". That was said by Bonnie, regarding her exploitative videos that YouTube made her take down. It wasn't said as a joke, she was as serious as she is about anything else.
If she really understood exploitation she wouldn't be said to take the videos down, sad more people won't see them.
She hasn't learned anything. And I agree with others saying she's only helping people hide things. Look at all the name and thumbnail changes by her sister for example. The content is just as damaging as ever, it's just an advertiser friendly front as per Bonnie's instructions.

Totally I could see Ellie and Bonnie in her living room going through videos and ellie being like “oh here is the video where the boys are naked in the bath/or video where Calvin fell under water....what should I name it” and I could just see Bonnie saying “oh you went to the store that day, call it “shopping trip” or call it “swimming lessons”.....they don’t see anything wrong just covering up. I think Bonnie deleted videos because she said the Adsense advisor specifically pointed out certain videos to them. They are deleting a lot more because they are on thin ice. Ellie hasn’t been caught so they are doing more changing/covering up than deleting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pattys
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pattys »

Why change the thumbnail? People can still report the video.
PinkFrog
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by PinkFrog »

gymchick43 wrote:

Totally I could see Ellie and Bonnie in her living room going through videos and ellie being like “oh here is the video where the boys are naked in the bath/or video where Calvin fell under water....what should I name it” and I could just see Bonnie saying “oh you went to the store that day, call it “shopping trip” or call it “swimming lessons”.....they don’t see anything wrong just covering up. I think Bonnie deleted videos because she said the Adsense advisor specifically pointed out certain videos to them. They are deleting a lot more because they are on thin ice. Ellie hasn’t been caught so they are doing more changing/covering up than deleting.

This is so reaching. So Bonnie is now responsible for that Ellie and Jared may/may not be choosing to keep up rather than delete?

I thought she was quite clear about her responsibility in today's vlog. She may not have been clear enough yesterday for some people, but today she actually said the words "I was exploiting my kids."
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

pattys wrote:Why change the thumbnail? People can still report the video.
It buys them time and on the surface makes them look cleaner.

But if the content is in violation of the new guidelines the video will be deleted or demonetized.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Because, for the most part, the vlog content isn’t actually that bad. But they take one maybe not so great moment from the vlog, exaggerate it and make it into a dramatic, clickbait title/thumbnail.

For example, last night my oldest tripped and chipped a tooth. Yeah, it’s a blip in the video, where he wanted to show the vlog what happened. We didn’t pick up the camera, because we were taking care of him. It was a full hour before he said he wanted it in the vlog. And our vlog title wasn’t “OMG! HE FELL AND LOST A PERMANENT TOOTH!!!”
It was, “Snow Day! No School!” Because exploiting his moment of pain for views is wrong.
That’s what YT is cracking down on with family vloggers. Using titles that exaggerate their kids illness, pain and embarrassment.
:roll:
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Only because everyone was doing it, so I did too-- to get the views

Yea, no
That's not taking responsibility. I expect more.. Im one of those people- sitting, watching, & judging

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

PinkFrog wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:

This is so reaching. So Bonnie is now responsible for that Ellie and Jared may/may not be choosing to keep up rather than delete?

I thought she was quite clear about her responsibility in today's vlog. She may not have been clear enough yesterday for some people, but today she actually said the words "I was exploiting my kids."

I never said Bonnie was responsible I just said I could totally picture them doing that when they were in the living room and talking about changing titles and thumbnails to all their videos and stuff. I was just snarking/speculating because the all the griffiths were acting like this is some major ordeal for all of them, even Jennifer was going through the videos for them. And like others said Bonnie was sad to delete the videos, she didn’t want to but she had to because those were the videos that were pointed out to her by YT.

Its confusing because she says things like “I was exploiting my kids, on low level” and that’s she’s “happy with Yt” but then she is also stating that in order for her friends to get their channels back they need to be positive toward YT, and that like any job you won’t agree with your boss or rules but you have too. So it’s like, is Bonnie happy with the changes? Does she feel guilty? Or is she making sure she remains positive even this she doesn’t agree with it because it’s her job?

It just seems like the griffiths will never realllly understand, agree or empathize with the actual issue by the way she was sad to delete videos, and how she is getting all her siblings to change titles and thumbnails and that they are more concerned for each other’s job rather than the exploitive content of the videos....idk she’s so back and forth lol with Bonnie I can’t stand her when she shows her “griffiths side” acts very ellie/ruby/Jennifer....but then after acting very kinda passive aggressive, her Joel side will shine through every now and then to counteract lol

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Theirmom wrote:
Because, for the most part, the vlog content isn’t actually that bad. But they take one maybe not so great moment from the vlog, exaggerate it and make it into a dramatic, clickbait title/thumbnail.

For example, last night my oldest tripped and chipped a tooth. Yeah, it’s a blip in the video, where he wanted to show the vlog what happened. We didn’t pick up the camera, because we were taking care of him. It was a full hour before he said he wanted it in the vlog. And our vlog title wasn’t “OMG! HE FELL AND LOST A PERMANENT TOOTH!!!”
It was, “Snow Day! No School!” Because exploiting his moment of pain for views is wrong.
That’s what YT is cracking down on with family vloggers. Using titles that exaggerate their kids illness, pain and embarrassment.
Yeah like Cody didn’t poop his pants, but the fact that his parents decided to embarrass him for people to click on the video? So gross and sad. But sometimes the content is questionable which is why I think k Bonnie and Ellie had to delete some videos. Like Olivia clearly in distress over the ears, and Bonnie grabbing the camera while her kid is injured and taking time to film it. And Ellie and Jared filming 4 naked kids in a tub. The content in those are def not okay and then to exaggerate the thumbnail on top of that.

natalka81
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by natalka81 »

In other news, Lincoln's verbal skills seem to be improving exponentially by the day!
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

natalka81 wrote:In other news, Lincoln's verbal skills seem to be improving exponentially by the day!
I was saying that on Ellie’s thread cuz Bonnie made a comment about how Ellie is so amazed ImageImage he’s leaps and bounds ahead of Calvin, who is 3-4 months older?

YTIUH
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YTIUH »

gymchick43 wrote:I feel like they must not all follow dave ramsey to a T. Dave ramsey promotes paying off your house ASAP once your other debts are gone. I was shocked but jennifers recent IG post that they just made their last payment. They are in their late 50/early 60s?? That’s like an average person payment timeline- especially in Utah with the cheap ass houses. Dave ramsey followers usually have a goal to pay off their house in 10 years. My husband and I are dave Ramsey followers and we are hoping to get our house paid off by early 40s. And if Ellie and Jared actually have a large mortgage that was really idiotic of them. If they would have called into Dave’s radio dave would have called them idiots for wanting a mortgage with their income. They could have paid cash for a great house, or at least pay off a house in less than 10 years. Bonnie mentioning her needed brand deal has left a really bad taste in my mouth. Just so effing inconsiderate to put in the vlog. And now her insensitive IG post begging for views in a trading but there is truth to every joke kinda way. They missed less than a week, they are fine financially (well at least they really should be). Maybe they are putting a large percentage towards very early retirement into mutual funds? Idk

I think the 300 videos which they had to remove were the big money-makers. Probably more than the current vlogs. I suspect they lost about 40-60 % of their monthly income due to that. It’s a pure speculation on my part.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Funnel vision has ads.. Just cut a kids hair who was watching them :O

amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

menehune wrote:
onbreak wrote:Do you think she'd be honest in her budget? I don't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
With numbers I don't know, but with percentages I do think so. They have never pretended to get their money anywhere other than YouTube, and prior to the last week, never hid the fact that they were able to afford a good life. Bonnie has been pretty open with that before, so I don't think she's feel the need to lie and act like they are making peanuts. I do think everyone overexaggerates what YTers make though. SocialBlade is notoriously wrong.

But I don't think she will go into specifics on personal spending to anything. I think it will be something like "this percentage is set aside for everyone's health and beauty" with the bulk of that going to Bonnie which she just won't say.
I agree, nothing specific with numbers, but percentages yes. Maybe how much they put away for what. Im giving them the benefit of the doubt and hope they bought an investment home to rent out. I keep putting myself in their shoes and we'd love to get an investment property(ies) if we were able to.
littlebaby
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by littlebaby »

I could listen to Lincoln talk all day. He is the sweetest little boy. I’m glad Bonnie threw in that comment about how Ellie is amazed at how much he talks. Wonder why

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

onbreak wrote:Only because everyone was doing it, so I did too-- to get the views

Yea, no
That's not taking responsibility. I expect more.. Im one of those people- sitting, watching, & judging

That "unemployed" comment really rubbed me the wrong way. They seem to me to have completely lost touch with what it's like to really struggle financially. I know they did struggle before. But those days are long gone.

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

HelloSweetie wrote:Bonnie may be whining about the money loss and I agree it's annoying, but I do think she at least deserves some credit for owning her guilt instead of just sweeping it under the rug. So many other YTers are managing to skirt the issue and avoid criticism by not mentioning it at all. All these comments about how Bonnie hadn't learned anything, because we have words to hold against her and criticize since she's actually talking about it. I can see now why so many YTers don't talk about issues. I think it's way too early to say she's learned nothing, when she's been more open and clear than other YTers. That has to account for something. By sharing what she was told by YT she is at least helping to make sure that the viewers and other creators know what YT does and does not want to see. She is nonetheless helping to clean it up.

We always say we want to see real life, but every time a vlogger admits guilt for something we become vultures. Look at E&J's board! By never admitting anything they manage to largely get a pass on so many things. Are the same people posting here as concerned about their accountability? As angry about their failure to quit? As outraged by their failure to learn? It seems most of the heat is on Bonnie because she is the only one to acknowledge it, which just seems a bit backwards to me. Did anyone really expect her to not want her monetization back and to just quit?
Bonnie only mentioned it when she could use the viewers though. It had been happening for a while behind the scenes and they didn't tell, just like the others. Only when they came up with the idea, through advise or not, like by Jared, to use the audience for 'help', did they decide to film a special video: with the sole purpose to use their viewer base. The rest was all blah-blah around it. It held manipulation of their (mostly kids) audience, it was entitled, selfish, hypocritical, and euphemistically put very unprofessional. All put under a blanket of attention seeking and oh we're such innocent victims, whining: please help us and tell YT what good people we are - how inappropriate! In my opinion it is much more professional to solve your professional problems behind the scenes, like adults, and to not bother your audience by putting the weight on them. And then to think, all the professional advisers from YT they have access to, and their personal YT-person they can turn to. And then to think they should have complied to the rules of their employer all along. But they didn't....for all this time they were purposefully exploiting the lack of control by YT: for the $$.

Bonnie isn't innocent and naive, she knows very well what she is doing. And she's still exploiting her audience, by approving and stimulating they should binge watch on automatic pilot. What?! Omg, I can't even begin. How entitled! How arrogant towards your boss. How still being in denial of what you did wrong. And most of all, what a lie, they hardly lost any money. How a self-absorbed, entitled and ungrateful people they are actually.

More and more am I seeing the sly fox Bonnie can be through her radiant personality lately. They act all so innocent, but they are not. Behind the scenes they know and are aware of so much more than we realize.

It was sheer opportunism that they "shared" they were in trouble. They shouldn't have shared but solved it on their own. And the intention of sharing was wrong. And the way she handles the aftermath is still wrong. Omg Bonnie, what an actress.
crowmtmom78
Informer
Informer

Unread post by crowmtmom78 »

Today's vlog is titled "Toy Donation from my Family" , but she tells that the toys were sent to her from toy companies to review. I am glad she isn't keeping them for her kids (there was ALOT) but how is that a donation from her family?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

crowmtmom78 wrote:Today's vlog is titled "Toy Donation from my Family" , but she tells that the toys were sent to her from toy companies to review. I am glad she isn't keeping them for her kids (there was ALOT) but how is that a donation from her family?
I agree. She's taking credit for being charitable for something she really didn't do and she was advertising for the companies she mentioned - so probably getting paid on top of getting the FREE toys. That's pretty shady.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”