Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by onbreak »

Tge advertisers should also demand these kids have a work permit and a percentage of $$ deposited into an account.

None of these they have a house and electricity.. My kids have nothing to do with the jobs my husband and I have.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
prettyll
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by prettyll »

Ellie and Jared’s whole damn family is on YouTube. It’s kind of annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YouTubeIdiots101
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by YouTubeIdiots101 »

Tiger27 wrote:I posted this on Ruby's thread too but I am so annoyed with this entire family and their ridiculous attitude towards this that I'm posting it here too.

Ruby on instagram in a post that I am 99% sure is referring to Bonnie- "Over the last few days out family has seen a miracles (I didn't type that wrong- that's her grammar error) happen because of the impact individuals can make....There are good good people in the word". AND YOU ARE NOT ONE OF THEM RUBY!!! Exploiting your children does not make you a good person! Calling getting a channel reinstated after it got caught exploiting children a "miracle" does not make you a good person! This all just tells me this entire family has an extremely warped view of what is and is not appropriate. Instead of owning up to their errors, they are doing every thing they can to cover it up and find ways to still produce the same content just without getting caught by youtube. What a bunch of sickos.

...And then Bonnie saying her heart is breaking for Ohana adventure?! Sorry thats the last straw of me feeling bad for Bonnie. They are some of the worse offenders! No way would I want to be associated with them in any way. Bonnie has now been clearly told what the issue is with youtube and if she is too blind to see that Ohana Adventure down right purposelly exploits their children on a daily basis, than I have to assume she (and the entire family) has learned absolutely nothing from this.
If anything this whole ordeal made me have more negative opinions on the people/family involved. Just the way that they feel so entitled - You would think this would be a great learning experience, but the whole thing is going right passed their head. Can't they focus that it's for the wellbeing of their kids and not think about the money they're losing? They should've thought about this in the beginning because if they did things differently, they wouldn't be going through this. Idk, it makes me really frustrated. They're missing the whole point.
GuavaMama
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by GuavaMama »

Bonnie and Ruby are both on the “Bottom 500 worst viewed YouTube channels”

This shows the numbers.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 1751bd.jpg[/img]
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 3cdc70.jpg[/img]

amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

GuavaMama wrote:Bonnie and Ruby are both on the “Bottom 500 worst viewed YouTube channels”

This shows the numbers.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 1751bd.jpg
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 3cdc70.jpg

Is that all those channels deleting videos right now? lol
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

amyfalafal wrote:
GuavaMama wrote:Bonnie and Ruby are both on the “Bottom 500 worst viewed YouTube channels”

This shows the numbers.

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 1751bd.jpg
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 3cdc70.jpg

Is that all those channels deleting videos right now? lol
Either self-deleting, or being deleted. It's going to get a lot more worse once the new reviewers start checking the content. E&J have only lost about 8M views or so. They definitely have more than that which should have been deleted.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

gymchick43 wrote:And this winner Image

Waiting for the GFM to get set up.

And that response about wanting to "stay friends". Her viewers are not her friends! They can all pretend all they want, but they are not friends!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

New thread title suggestions:
-YouTube protects our children more than we do
-unemployed and selling our children's dignity
-Joel's on the job hunt
-Bonnie's friends bail her out
-squeaky clean but demonetized for a reason
-pay me or we are not friends

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie may be whining about the money loss and I agree it's annoying, but I do think she at least deserves some credit for owning her guilt instead of just sweeping it under the rug. So many other YTers are managing to skirt the issue and avoid criticism by not mentioning it at all. All these comments about how Bonnie hadn't learned anything, because we have words to hold against her and criticize since she's actually talking about it. I can see now why so many YTers don't talk about issues. I think it's way too early to say she's learned nothing, when she's been more open and clear than other YTers. That has to account for something. By sharing what she was told by YT she is at least helping to make sure that the viewers and other creators know what YT does and does not want to see. She is nonetheless helping to clean it up.

We always say we want to see real life, but every time a vlogger admits guilt for something we become vultures. Look at E&J's board! By never admitting anything they manage to largely get a pass on so many things. Are the same people posting here as concerned about their accountability? As angry about their failure to quit? As outraged by their failure to learn? It seems most of the heat is on Bonnie because she is the only one to acknowledge it, which just seems a bit backwards to me. Did anyone really expect her to not want her monetization back and to just quit?
Nuna
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Nuna »

HelloSweetie wrote:Bonnie may be whining about the money loss and I agree it's annoying, but I do think she at least deserves some credit for owning her guilt instead of just sweeping it under the rug. So many other YTers are managing to skirt the issue and avoid criticism by not mentioning it at all. All these comments about how Bonnie hadn't learned anything, because we have words to hold against her and criticize since she's actually talking about it. I can see now why so many YTers don't talk about issues. I think it's way too early to say she's learned nothing, when she's been more open and clear than other YTers. That has to account for something. By sharing what she was told by YT she is at least helping to make sure that the viewers and other creators know what YT does and does not want to see. She is nonetheless helping to clean it up.

We always say we want to see real life, but every time a vlogger admits guilt for something we become vultures. Look at E&J's board! By never admitting anything they manage to largely get a pass on so many things. Are the same people posting here as concerned about their accountability? As angry about their failure to quit? As outraged by their failure to learn? It seems most of the heat is on Bonnie because she is the only one to acknowledge it, which just seems a bit backwards to me. Did anyone really expect her to not want her monetization back and to just quit?
I agree. I can see why Bonnie's words are being held against her, but I'm also shocked at the lack of discussion about this on other boards. It largely seems to be focused on Bonnie.

We have seen Bonnie change before, and I'll be watching to see how she modifies her filming going forward. I think it's way too early to say she hasn't, in fact, learned anything from this.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

B really stepped in it with her unemployed comments, but I also think a lot of what she says that is meant to be a joke just doesn't come off as such. I get that she's out some money and probably feels like she's in emergency mode, and can hate on the fact that she's talking about it to people that assumedky have far less, but I can't criticize her actually feeling that way because I'd probably feel the same way. I'll be fine financially if I have to take a sick day, but it gives me anxiety and I feel like I have no money. She just need to not complain to the viewers about it. She doesn't need sympathy when she's earning 10x the average family does per year. This is thelife of a YTer I suppose.

But I agree that she should get a tad more credit and less criticism than those that are avoiding accountability. She admitted she was told she was wrong, and you can't really change what you don't acknowledge. It remains to be seen if she will or not, but saying something is a better sign than saying nothing in my book.

I'm glad she didn't quit and got her channel back. I enjoy their vlogs more than any other I watch.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by GymChick »

IceCreamCone wrote:B really stepped in it with her unemployed comments, but I also think a lot of what she says that is meant to be a joke just doesn't come off as such. I get that she's out some money and probably feels like she's in emergency mode, and can hate on the fact that she's talking about it to people that assumedky have far less, but I can't criticize her actually feeling that way because I'd probably feel the same way. I'll be fine financially if I have to take a sick day, but it gives me anxiety and I feel like I have no money. She just need to not complain to the viewers about it. She doesn't need sympathy when she's earning 10x the average family does per year. This is thelife of a YTer I suppose.

But I agree that she should get a tad more credit and less criticism than those that are avoiding accountability. She admitted she was told she was wrong, and you can't really change what you don't acknowledge. It remains to be seen if she will or not, but saying something is a better sign than saying nothing in my book.

I'm glad she didn't quit and got her channel back. I enjoy their vlogs more than any other I watch.
But do you make like prob 300,000 + a year? I am super budget orientated, follow dave ramsey, and I make a very comfortable income for sure! (I also work like 60 hour weeks crazy overtime haha) and I have taken week unpaid sick leaves here and there and it has never once made me panic, and I would never bring up my lack of pay jokingly to my coworkers- it’s just tacky! (which I am for fortunate for). I could see if she made like less than 100,000 a year- but she def making more than that.

Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

I hope he does do the budget video she was talking about because I feel SOE of her viewers are so in the dark about how much they make. Its insane that these people are willing to go out if their way to watch more videos to help bonnie and Joel live their lifestyle but probably wouldn't peace an extra dollar tip to a waitress or someone working an actual back bending physical job that barely puts a roof over their heads.
Not that bonnie owes anyone these numbers but I think it would open peoples eyes more.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

gymchick43 wrote:
IceCreamCone wrote:B really stepped in it with her unemployed comments, but I also think a lot of what she says that is meant to be a joke just doesn't come off as such. I get that she's out some money and probably feels like she's in emergency mode, and can hate on the fact that she's talking about it to people that assumedky have far less, but I can't criticize her actually feeling that way because I'd probably feel the same way. I'll be fine financially if I have to take a sick day, but it gives me anxiety and I feel like I have no money. She just need to not complain to the viewers about it. She doesn't need sympathy when she's earning 10x the average family does per year. This is thelife of a YTer I suppose.

But do you make like prob 300,000 + a year? I am super budget orientated, follow dave ramsey, and I make a very comfortable income for sure! (I also work like 60 hour weeks crazy overtime haha) and I have taken week unpaid sick leaves here and there and it has never once made me panic, and I would never bring up my lack of pay jokingly to my coworkers- it’s just tacky! (which I am for fortunate for). I could see if she made like less than 100,000 a year- but she def making more than that.

I work with surgeons that will act like their children are starving if they have patients cancel off their surgical slate. When you become obsessive about saving for the future or achieving a goal, it can be hard to see the bigger picture.

As I said earlier my husband is also like this despite doing very well for himself and I don't think that will ever change. As annoyed as I get with his frugality (because I frankly don't care that milk costs less at the store across town) it also benefits us because I'm much more of a save some, spend some kind of person Image
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Kaylor1 wrote:I hope he does do the budget video she was talking about because I feel SOE of her viewers are so in the dark about how much they make. Its insane that these people are willing to go out if their way to watch more videos to help bonnie and Joel live their lifestyle but probably wouldn't peace an extra dollar tip to a waitress or someone working an actual back bending physical job that barely puts a roof over their heads.
Not that bonnie owes anyone these numbers but I think it would open peoples eyes more.

I don't think she would do actual numbers for obvious reasons, but also because those numbers fluctuate. More likely she'll break it down by percentage. It would still likely be illuminating to people though.
IceCreamCone
Talker
Talker

Unread post by IceCreamCone »

gymchick43 wrote:

Household we make just under that. We have paid off our home, have healthy investments, and have already reached our initial savings goal for retirement. Logically speaking, I realize that we are financially set, but having come from a home where finances were very lean, I have a knee jerk reaction when we save less in a month. I wouldn't complain to others about it, but I do have a lot of anxiety and will fuss and worry. Put it this way, if I won the lottery tomorrow I would probably spend a bit, but invest most of it and keep right on working.

I realize most people are able to take a sick week from work and not worry about pay and logically know I should be able to as well. Easier said than done though.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Do you think she'd be honest in her budget? I don't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
menehune
Informer
Informer

Unread post by menehune »

onbreak wrote:Do you think she'd be honest in her budget? I don't.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
With numbers I don't know, but with percentages I do think so. They have never pretended to get their money anywhere other than YouTube, and prior to the last week, never hid the fact that they were able to afford a good life. Bonnie has been pretty open with that before, so I don't think she's feel the need to lie and act like they are making peanuts. I do think everyone overexaggerates what YTers make though. SocialBlade is notoriously wrong.

But I don't think she will go into specifics on personal spending to anything. I think it will be something like "this percentage is set aside for everyone's health and beauty" with the bulk of that going to Bonnie which she just won't say.
dw30
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dw30 »

HelloSweetie wrote:Bonnie may be whining about the money loss and I agree it's annoying, but I do think she at least deserves some credit for owning her guilt instead of just sweeping it under the rug. So many other YTers are managing to skirt the issue and avoid criticism by not mentioning it at all. All these comments about how Bonnie hadn't learned anything, because we have words to hold against her and criticize since she's actually talking about it. I can see now why so many YTers don't talk about issues. I think it's way too early to say she's learned nothing, when she's been more open and clear than other YTers. That has to account for something. By sharing what she was told by YT she is at least helping to make sure that the viewers and other creators know what YT does and does not want to see. She is nonetheless helping to clean it up.

Sorry, I missed where she owned her guilt? I saw her absolve herself from exploiting her children by stating “I didn’t know.” then react the same way she does when she receives any type of “hate” - by sarcasm. People where glad she was honest and then her next vlog was typical Bonnie back at it again. She does not see or understand what child exploitation is, so I don’t see how she is helping to clean youtube up. In fact if anything she’s helping youtubers disguise their exploitation. I’m more concerned about integrity than real life because in all honesty sometimes real life should be private and not on the internet especially when it comes at the expense of your child’s rights over making some money.

I personally don’t care what other youtubers are doing or how they’re reacting as I don’t watch them as often. Additionally, I don’t exploit or ever plan to exploit my children so concern for my accountability is not a concern.

I’ve noticed Bonnie’s fakery & double standard for a while and actually feel justified in my opinion as finally youtube saw it too. In saying all that, I really don’t need to justify my opinion because it’s just that, it’s my opinion.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

dw30 wrote:

Sorry, I missed where she owned her guilt? I saw her absolve herself from exploiting her children by stating “I didn’t know.” then react the same way she does when she receives any type of “hate” - by sarcasm. People where glad she was honest and then her next vlog was typical Bonnie back at it again. She does not see or understand what child exploitation is, so I don’t see how she is helping to clean youtube up. In fact if anything she’s helping youtubers disguise their exploitation. I’m more concerned about integrity than real life because in all honesty sometimes real life should be private and not on the internet especially when it comes at the expense of your child’s rights over making some money.

I personally don’t care what other youtubers are doing or how they’re reacting as I don’t watch them as often. Additionally, I don’t exploit or ever plan to exploit my children so concern for my accountability is not a concern.

I’ve noticed Bonnie’s fakery & double standard for a while and actually feel justified in my opinion as finally youtube saw it too. In saying all that, I really don’t need to justify my opinion because it’s just that, it’s my opinion.

She said her initial reaction was to get defensive and say she didn't have exploitative videos like that when in fact she did. She did own that. She may not have owned it ENOUGH, but it was more than any other vlogger.

I think she's helping other creators avoid doing through what she did. I don't think she's trying to make it easier for others to hide their child exploitation. She took her videos down. If E&J choose to change just the thumbnail and title and leave the content the same, then that's on them, not Bonnie.

I just think that doing it saying something is better than nothing.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”