Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Pack-Cacking it | Part 13

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

gymchick43 wrote:I’m not so entertained by family vloggers that I am sad to see their easy money go away, and I would never pay a patreon or whatever it’s called. Could be jealousy and resentment but I have no remorse for Bonnie or any other family vlogger whose sole income is YouTube and filming their kids. I feel bad for you tubers who actually invested money and time into making their content. Family vloggers just point and shoot home videos throughout their day. I’m just not surprised and these families shouldn’t have been so reliant on such a sketchy “career” . I hate seeing both parents stay home and nap throughout the day while online shopping with no worries. A reality check is in need and this is finally it. I hope it affects E+J. Yes I’m evil and cold hearted lol

Jared can become a salesman again, Ellie will do hair, Joel will work at a factory with shift work again (not sure if that’s exactly what he did?), ruby can become a real mom again and start couponing and Julie has her RN and Landon his masters- they may have student debt but they have the best fall back plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get what you're saying and I agree when it comes to some vloggers, but I feel like the "napping all day" comment doesn't apply to Bonnie's vlogs. Joel uses his free time to do a lot of good and to help out others. They haven't been nearly as exploitative of their children, and the channel is definitely geared towards a more "mom" or adult audience.

Of all the vloggers I watch, B&J were the only ones I ever saw acknowledge how fortunate they are, and how temporary it is. After the pedo website drama last year, they have been far more careful when vlogging around the kids in undress. She should definitely be held to higher standards, but I'm not laughing that she's getting punished when there are others that are far worse being given an opportunity to get ahead of things and not receive the same accountability.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by GymChick »

HelloSweetie wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:I’m not so entertained by family vloggers that I am sad to see their easy money go away, and I would never pay a patreon or whatever it’s called. Could be jealousy and resentment but I have no remorse for Bonnie or any other family vlogger whose sole income is YouTube and filming their kids. I feel bad for you tubers who actually invested money and time into making their content. Family vloggers just point and shoot home videos throughout their day. I’m just not surprised and these families shouldn’t have been so reliant on such a sketchy “career” . I hate seeing both parents stay home and nap throughout the day while online shopping with no worries. A reality check is in need and this is finally it. I hope it affects E+J. Yes I’m evil and cold hearted lol

Jared can become a salesman again, Ellie will do hair, Joel will work at a factory with shift work again (not sure if that’s exactly what he did?), ruby can become a real mom again and start couponing and Julie has her RN and Landon his masters- they may have student debt but they have the best fall back plan.

I get what you're saying and I agree when it comes to some vloggers, but I feel like the "napping all day" comment doesn't apply to Bonnie's vlogs. Joel uses his free time to do a lot of good and to help out others. They haven't been nearly as exploitative of their children, and the channel is definitely geared towards a more "mom" or adult audience.

Of all the vloggers I watch, B&J were the only ones I ever saw acknowledge how fortunate they are, and how temporary it is. After the pedo website drama last year, they have been far more careful when vlogging around the kids in undress. She should definitely be held to higher standards, but I'm not laughing that she's getting punished when there are others that are far worse being given an opportunity to get ahead of things and not receive the same accountability.
I’m just excited because this is the start of something long over due. I know Bonnie and Joel at least show their gratitude more than others and Joel is helpful. I am more generalizing all family vloggers who have both parents stay home. I used to watch religiously when Joel worked and Bonnie edited, I LOVED their videos then, and the switch def changed something for me. And I think other vloggers will be hit soon...Im less excited about Bonnie being demonetized, and more excited of the fact that this must be hitting close to home to E+J which is next best thing....if it was happening to some random vlogger Ellie didn’t associate with, Ellie wouldn’t worry or care. But her sister? It has to be making them scramble a bit. I just think this is such a good lesson for these vloggers, I think it’s going to change things for the better. Better for their kids being exploited and hopefully humble the vloggers who are getting too comfortable.

onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

Toysand Me is at 0 too

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

I don't think patreon will work for family vloggers. YouTube is free so I can't really see people paying to support Bonnie or anyone else. Kids don't have credit cards and the mommy audience have their own kids to support.

I can't help but agree with what gymchick said though. Regardless of how anyone feels about Bonnie or the other vloggers, I can't help but be happy that YouTube is finally looking out for kids. No kids deserve to grow up with no privacy or with clickbait thumbnails about pooping their pants.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

RootBeerFloatie wrote:I don't think patreon will work for family vloggers. YouTube is free so I can't really see people paying to support Bonnie or anyone else. Kids don't have credit cards and the mommy audience have their own kids to support.

I can't help but agree with what gymchick said though. Regardless of how anyone feels about Bonnie or the other vloggers, I can't help but be happy that YouTube is finally looking out for kids. No kids deserve to grow up with no privacy or with clickbait thumbnails about pooping their pants.
I can see it working for the real "mommy" vloggers. The ones that pander to adults and not adults. I have a Patreon subscription for a podcaster. I appreciate the content and it's only a few dollars a month.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

onbreak wrote:I could see Ellie screaming from the tub to Jarwd for him Flag a siblings video.

LOL. I can too.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news/yo ... 202617834/

kaymaroff
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by kaymaroff »

I have a feeling that bonnie and Joel will cope okay for a while without the YT income - they seem (from what we see) to be fairly sensible and have hopefully invested some money to keep them going (which is ideally what anyone should do when bringing in a high income from something).

You can definitely show a nice family vlog without exploiting the children’s privacy - make sure they are dressed, don’t show them on the loo and if you want to give advice on things like potty training then speak “generally” instead of filming them on the loo.

I don’t particularly like daily bumps anymore, but they seem quite good at not showing their boys in those situations (from what I have watched anyway)

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

gymchick43 wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

I’m just excited because this is the start of something long over due. I know Bonnie and Joel at least show their gratitude more than others and Joel is helpful. I am more generalizing all family vloggers who have both parents stay home. I used to watch religiously when Joel worked and Bonnie edited, I LOVED their videos then, and the switch def changed something for me. And I think other vloggers will be hit soon...Im less excited about Bonnie being demonetized, and more excited of the fact that this must be hitting close to home to E+J which is next best thing....if it was happening to some random vlogger Ellie didn’t associate with, Ellie wouldn’t worry or care. But her sister? It has to be making them scramble a bit. I just think this is such a good lesson for these vloggers, I think it’s going to change things for the better. Better for their kids being exploited and hopefully humble the vloggers who are getting too comfortable.

Especially for people like E&J and DB (and Ruby, and Funnel Vision, and Bratayley, and the Weiss Life) who act so entitled and give out that "We worked so hard for what we have" BS. I am not saying that no work was involved. But that this attitude they have that they don't owe anything to their children or to the viewers, when they are using tags and thumbnails that they _knew_ were attracting the wrong kind of viewers, and _nobody_ would tune in without the kids, is just skeevy.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

With all this going on, doesn't it seem weird that E&J have still been so willing to show Calvin in his underwear and on the potty the last week or so? Is it denial or somehow a belief that they are different than "those vloggers?"
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

I’m glad YouTube is cracking down on inappropriate content. It’s about time they started protecting the children that are being exploited.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

staceybrax wrote:I’m glad YouTube is cracking down on inappropriate content. It’s about time they started protecting the children that are being exploited.

Is it just non-networked channels though? If so, that's disturbing. Most of the worst offenders are with networks Image
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

HelloSweetie wrote:
staceybrax wrote:I’m glad YouTube is cracking down on inappropriate content. It’s about time they started protecting the children that are being exploited.

Is it just non-networked channels though? If so, that's disturbing. Most of the worst offenders are with networks Image
It is interesting that they’re only targeting non-networked channels at the moment, maybe that’s easier. I do think it will be interesting to see how it all plays out of the next few weeks, I imagine it would be very very time consuming going through all these channels.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

staceybrax wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

It is interesting that they’re only targeting non-networked channels at the moment, maybe that’s easier. I do think it will be interesting to see how it all plays out of the next few weeks, I imagine it would be very very time consuming going through all these channels.

I read an article that said a lot of the initial demonetizing is actually being triggered by bots and not people. They want the channels to dispute things because that's the only way they can make the bots "learn" and become more efficient.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Google is planning to hire humans to comb through things but at the moment bots are demonetizing left and right, deserved or not. If the video has something in it that trips the sensors it gets demonetized and they'll let actual humans sort it out later.
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Some interesting full screen articles:

Don’t rely on YouTube to pay your bills: https://fullscreenmedia.co/2017/03/29/d ... our-bills/

Why my video was demonetized:

https://fullscreenmedia.co/2017/10/03/w ... monetized/

This one says it’s even based off the auto-subtitles and key words

GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Was it mentioned that they changed the title of “popped my pants” video...sorry if I missed it [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 2d51fb.jpg[/img]

Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

I am glad too that YouTube is doing this but its truly disgusting that a company has to protect the children from things their own parents were recording and posting of thier own free will!!!!
I am a photographer and youtuber but I live by the philosophy that if I wouldn't want the public to see me in a certain situation then why would I do that to my own kids?!?!
I'm not sad one bit they are losing money its called karma.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Also reading the comments of Bonnie’s IG post...this person posted about an article they read- will YouTube ban all family vloggers from being monetized? Since there are no child labour laws and stuff? [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 37e8f3.jpg[/img]

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

gymchick43 wrote:Also reading the comments of Bonnie’s IG post...this person posted about an article they read- will YouTube ban all family vloggers from being monetized? Since there are no child labour laws and stuff? [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201712 ... 37e8f3.jpg[/img]

It doesn't seem to say that outright. It just says that they're going to change the rules. They don't seem to say how. I'll bet certain people are sh*tting bricks right now. Bryan, Cullen, Bratayley, Jared, The Johnsons, and SlyFox-- I'm looking at you!
The child labor laws have been behind the technology for a while. These kids should have been protected from the beginning, because everyone knows that nobody would watch the adults by themselves. And the parents are running around buying Teslas and big beautiful houses, and acting as if it will never end.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”