Bonnie Hoellein: Plastic Polyester Princess | Part 16

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Plastic Polyester Princess | Part 16

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

YouTubeIdiots101 wrote:Was that Joel's truck she was in, or the suburban? She said Joel is going to be pissed so I wasn't sure
The Suburban. Joel had his truck with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

Not as big of a deal as the underwear clip but again today another example that she does what she wants even if her kids voice opposite opinions. Olivia saying she didn't like her hair the way Bonnie styled it but she had to wear it and be filmed that way.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie Hoellein: Plastic Polyester Princess | Part 16

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Kaylor1 wrote:Not as big of a deal as the underwear clip but again today another example that she does what she wants even if her kids voice opposite opinions. Olivia saying she didn't like her hair the way Bonnie styled it but she had to wear it and be filmed that way.

I don't know. She said she didn't like it, but could have taken it out of she didn't want to wear it to school like that.

I think picking at things like this minimizes the severity of the underwear argument.

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

HelloSweetie wrote:
Kaylor1 wrote:Not as big of a deal as the underwear clip but again today another example that she does what she wants even if her kids voice opposite opinions. Olivia saying she didn't like her hair the way Bonnie styled it but she had to wear it and be filmed that way.

I don't know. She said she didn't like it, but could have taken it out of she didn't want to wear it to school like that.

I think picking at things like this minimizes the severity of the underwear argument.

I think Olivia only said she didn't like it because she's probably not that familiar with the original Star Wars and who Princess Leia is so she thought the hairstyle was weird. I think if she knew the character then she probably wouldn't have thought it was so weird.
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

I don't think the hair thing with Olivia rises to the occasion of the underwear issue. I'll grant that Bonnie doesn't see her kids as full-fledged humans whose feelings and desires are just as valid as her own. But I also don't know that giving in to or indulging a child's every opinion is necessarily a good thing either. Life isn't like that, and training kids to believe it is, is a hell of a lot more damaging than wearing a non-preferred hairstyle on occasion. That said, it's Bonnie's duty/responsibility/JOB to tell the difference, and she can't.
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

RecklessDisregard wrote:I don't think the hair thing with Olivia rises to the occasion of the underwear issue. I'll grant that Bonnie doesn't see her kids as full-fledged humans whose feelings and desires are just as valid as her own. But I also don't know that giving in to or indulging a child's every opinion is necessarily a good thing either. Life isn't like that, and training kids to believe it is, is a hell of a lot more damaging than wearing a non-preferred hairstyle on occasion. That said, it's Bonnie's duty/responsibility/JOB to tell the difference, and she can't.
I agree 100% that giving in to or indulging a child's every opinion is not a good thing either but I think there is difference when it is about child's bodily autonomy. I think to a certain point parents can make decisions for their children and finding the balance and fine line might be hard. Forcing someone wear hair certain way or showing your child undressed when they specifically ask not to, are 2 different things but in Bonnies head, she thinks that she can do with her children whatever she wants, their feelings do not count when she feels and wants differently. (Lack of empathy to be honest)

In my opinion (even it is smaller matter than Cody's) a child should not be forced to look certain way because that causes insecurities. I bet Olivia was feeling so uncomfortable and stupid looking like that. (I don't think that the hairdo was stupid but it is not my head and not my feelings that count.) What Bonnie demonstrated to Olivia right then and there was that her feelings do not count and Mama can do whatever she wants with you. That is totally unacceptable. :|
staceymj
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by staceymj »

She must have hit that pole really hard because she did a fair amount of damage to the car. I don’t understand why she kept going forward when she hit the pole and dragged the car along it, she should have stopped, backed up and straightened up and then kept going forward. She probably panicked though, I reversed into a power pole last year (with rear camera and sensors, how embarrassing ) and it’s not a good feeling.

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

I loved looking at the ground and Joel's shoes during their talk about the suburban
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Kataja wrote:
RecklessDisregard wrote:I don't think the hair thing with Olivia rises to the occasion of the underwear issue. I'll grant that Bonnie doesn't see her kids as full-fledged humans whose feelings and desires are just as valid as her own. But I also don't know that giving in to or indulging a child's every opinion is necessarily a good thing either. Life isn't like that, and training kids to believe it is, is a hell of a lot more damaging than wearing a non-preferred hairstyle on occasion. That said, it's Bonnie's duty/responsibility/JOB to tell the difference, and she can't.
I agree 100% that giving in to or indulging a child's every opinion is not a good thing either but I think there is difference when it is about child's bodily autonomy. I think to a certain point parents can make decisions for their children and finding the balance and fine line might be hard. Forcing someone wear hair certain way or showing your child undressed when they specifically ask not to, are 2 different things but in Bonnies head, she thinks that she can do with her children whatever she wants, their feelings do not count when she feels and wants differently. (Lack of empathy to be honest)

In my opinion (even it is smaller matter than Cody's) a child should not be forced to look certain way because that causes insecurities. I bet Olivia was feeling so uncomfortable and stupid looking like that. (I don't think that the hairdo was stupid but it is not my head and not my feelings that count.) What Bonnie demonstrated to Olivia right then and there was that her feelings do not count and Mama can do whatever she wants with you. That is totally unacceptable. :|
I agree. Bonnie will be an interesting mother to watch (if vlogging is still a thing) during her kids teenage years:
The letting go and the realisation her kids have a right to their own emotions, decisions and points of view will potentially be problematic for Bonnie to navigate. And oh my heavenly father only knows how she'll cope with empty nest syndrome.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Don't worry about the empty nest syndrome, she will have tons of grandchildren to watch at a very young age.
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

ba1006 wrote:Don't worry about the empty nest syndrome, she will have tons of grandchildren to watch at a very young age.
True, only 11 years til she gets her first grandchild potentially, with Lincoln still being 13 y/o. These Mormons know how to keep their women busy yet career free don't they? Q: Has Grandma Griff ever worked since her kids flew the nest?
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
grapesandbeans
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by grapesandbeans »

Her hair looks really bad. Looks like what my mom used to call a "birdnest" (when i didnt brush my hair and it got into a big knot at the back. If thats her natural curl she shouldn't have cut it and rather left it longer without the extensions, curly hair can look really amazing when its long.
Dramatic princess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Dramatic princess »

I typed into google crazy lady at the end of the block.....lmao she just needs some cats
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Aurielle wrote:Her hair looks really bad. Looks like what my mom used to call a "birdnest" (when i didnt brush my hair and it got into a big knot at the back. If thats her natural curl she shouldn't have cut it and rather left it longer without the extensions, curly hair can look really amazing when its long.
She needs to add some styling gels or creams to define those curls so they don't look so frizzy and messy, but neat and defined and I think it would look great. Products are any curly girls best friend, whether you have a slight wave or have the kinkiest coils. She went to hair school, but it's almost as if she doesn't know how to work with her own natural curls. It's a learning process, but once you get it right, you can really start to appreciate your natural texture and it seems like Bonnie hasn't ever done that before.
KatAce95
Talker
Talker

Unread post by KatAce95 »

rdt1004 wrote:
Aurielle wrote:Her hair looks really bad. Looks like what my mom used to call a "birdnest" (when i didnt brush my hair and it got into a big knot at the back. If thats her natural curl she shouldn't have cut it and rather left it longer without the extensions, curly hair can look really amazing when its long.
She needs to add some styling gels or creams to define those curls so they don't look so frizzy and messy, but neat and defined and I think it would look great. Products are any curly girls best friend, whether you have a slight wave or have the kinkiest coils. She went to hair school, but it's almost as if she doesn't know how to work with her own natural curls. It's a learning process, but once you get it right, you can really start to appreciate your natural texture and it seems like Bonnie hasn't ever done that before.
I think having to straighten her hair everyday because of the extensions has caused some damage. Her natural curly hair was so pretty but now it looks a little messy and not as curly as it was. I agree it's a little strange that she went to hair school but doesn't know how to look after her own hair texture
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Ok. I am going to have to go find this "curly girl" thing. I have curly hair. When it's long and curly, I look like a poodle that got caught in humidity.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
amyfalafal
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by amyfalafal »

Im glad we aren't hearing Bree is pregnant. Glad she's waiting (or seems to be) otherwise so many of those girls are ttc from day one.
dw30
Talker
Talker

Unread post by dw30 »

Her hair is so lacking of moisture. I’m guessing it’s cause she uses silicone heavy products like Redken. They coat the hair shaft with silicone and prevents your hair from actually hydrating and showing an actual curl pattern hence the frizz. Knowing what Bonnie is like, she’d be indignant that she knows best and she uses the “best” products & as a hairdresser she “knows” what products are best. All it takes is reading the ingredients and I guarantee it would be filled with cones. That’s why her hair has no distinct curl pattern.

Seriously though, doing the curly girl method is the BEST thing I ever did for my curls.

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

[youtube][/youtube]
Here's a link to a video from the channel NaturallyCurly. The specializes in making hair videos for wavy, curly, and kinky curl patterns. In this video this girl isn't getting a devacut, but the stylist asks her about her curls and takes that into account before just cutting it in anyway. Bonnie should've went to get her hair cut in it's natural state and not straightened, especially if she plans on wearing it curly for a while.
Kay91_
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Kay91_ »

This is really random but I just watched one of Bonnie’s old makeup videos. I forgot how much I liked her brows before she got micro blading. They looked so much better when she used to fill them in. What she has now are imo too thin and look patchy.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”