Dramatic princess
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Plastic Polyester Princess | Part 16

Unread post by Dramatic princess »

Bundy wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:She's right though, it's terrible for content creators and viewers alike. I subscribed to channels because I want to see their videos in my feed, simple as that. If they do start tweaking the way that they show us the videos that we've selected to show up in our feed I honestly think the platform is done. YouTube doesn't need to be fixing what's not broken. Don't think for a second that this is in the viewer's best interests, because there's nothing beneficial to anyone in this proposal.
It’s like when Instagram changed their feed, I hated that! But it works now so..?

I’m assuming all unviewed videos will still be in your subscription feed, just in an order based off who you normally watch first/most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m not sure about you guys but. If I click on a channel let’s say Bonnie’s, and then I click to see all her videos...it’s alll sorts of messed up. It will go from 2 weeks the next will be from 2 months ago then maybe 3 years ago. And then you can’t find the video from 3 days ago..
But it’s only on some channels
Last year or so when some you tubers got zapped and demonetized And out of who I subscribe to they were kinda walking the line with going overboard...maybe this is you tubers way to help weed out the irritants lol.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Bundy wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:She's right though, it's terrible for content creators and viewers alike. I subscribed to channels because I want to see their videos in my feed, simple as that. If they do start tweaking the way that they show us the videos that we've selected to show up in our feed I honestly think the platform is done. YouTube doesn't need to be fixing what's not broken. Don't think for a second that this is in the viewer's best interests, because there's nothing beneficial to anyone in this proposal.
It’s like when Instagram changed their feed, I hated that! But it works now so..?

I’m assuming all unviewed videos will still be in your subscription feed, just in an order based off who you normally watch first/most.

I was just about to say this. From youtube's tweet, it sounds like the channels that I watch the most will be the ones that appear first in my subscription feed. So I don't have to sift through all the videos from channels I don't watch that often to find the videos from my favorites. The videos will still be in my feed though if I want to see them. This only becomes a problem if maybe someone doesn't really watch a youtuber's videos that much or at all. But the problem is then the youtuber's because obviously your content is not that much important to me if I'm not watching your videos. Idk I don't see anyway at all that will disrupt my viewing experience at all on the platform because I'll still be able to see the creators I watch the most.
Bundy
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Bundy »

Dramatic princess wrote:I’m not sure about you guys but. If I click on a channel let’s say Bonnie’s, and then I click to see all her videos...it’s alll sorts of messed up. It will go from 2 weeks the next will be from 2 months ago then maybe 3 years ago. And then you can’t find the video from 3 days ago..
Last year or so when some you tubers got zapped and demonetized And out of who I subscribe to they were kinda walking the line with going overboard...maybe this is you tubers way to help weed out the irritants lol.
I just checked and it shows newest first for me. You can select to sort them in a different order? Maybe yours changed on it’s own?

Dramatic princess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Dramatic princess »

Bundy wrote:
Dramatic princess wrote:I’m not sure about you guys but. If I click on a channel let’s say Bonnie’s, and then I click to see all her videos...it’s alll sorts of messed up. It will go from 2 weeks the next will be from 2 months ago then maybe 3 years ago. And then you can’t find the video from 3 days ago..
I just checked and it shows newest first for me. You can select to sort them in a different order? Maybe yours changed on it’s own?

Maybe but it’s not everyone I watch just ones I know that have complained of being demonetized ....hmmm.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

This change in the subscription feed could change the amount of views creators get though. People will be less likely to just randomly click on a video from a channel they're subscribed to, but don't watch that much, if they don't have to search through the feed. There's lots of channels I don't really ever watch but I might occasionally click on a video if I'm scrolling in my subscription box and something catches my eye. I suspect a lot of people also follow a lot of channels, but don't watch them and don't care enough to unsubscribe. That's why there's so many creators with a ton of subscribers but not the views to match. So like I said, this will probably be a huge problem for some creators. I think Youtube is making it harder for these people to make their money. Which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing. If you want to making your money posting videos online, then you better be prepared to make quality content that makes me want to watch those videos.
Mygrizzer
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Mygrizzer »

New poster but had to share. I stopped watching Bonnie after the Lincoln/Jared incident but still check in here because it entertains me. I was at the zoo on Wednesday and spotted her, Joel, the kids, his parents and Landon and his kids. If my husband wouldn’t have been with me, I would have tried to follow them around to see what they were like. My takeaway....Joel was short, Landon’s head is super small (it was weird), Joel carried Bonnie’s dumb pink purse around all day and wore really ugly boots/jeans that made him look even shorter. The kids were all cute and fairly well behaved. I assume they pulled Olivia and Cody out of school to go which I thought was odd??! Fun times.

Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

Mygrizzer wrote:New poster but had to share. I stopped watching Bonnie after the Lincoln/Jared incident but still check in here because it entertains me. I was at the zoo on Wednesday and spotted her, Joel, the kids, his parents and Landon and his kids. If my husband wouldn’t have been with me, I would have tried to follow them around to see what they were like. My takeaway....Joel was short, Landon’s head is super small (it was weird), Joel carried Bonnie’s dumb pink purse around all day and wore really ugly boots/jeans that made him look even shorter. The kids were all cute and fairly well behaved. I assume they pulled Olivia and Cody out of school to go which I thought was odd??! Fun times.

Did you see them talking to the camera and vlogging?
Kataja
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kataja »

Mygrizzer wrote:New poster but had to share. I stopped watching Bonnie after the Lincoln/Jared incident but still check in here because it entertains me. I was at the zoo on Wednesday and spotted her, Joel, the kids, his parents and Landon and his kids. If my husband wouldn’t have been with me, I would have tried to follow them around to see what they were like. My takeaway....Joel was short, Landon’s head is super small (it was weird), Joel carried Bonnie’s dumb pink purse around all day and wore really ugly boots/jeans that made him look even shorter. The kids were all cute and fairly well behaved. I assume they pulled Olivia and Cody out of school to go which I thought was odd??! Fun times.

YellowSweater1950
Informer
Informer

Unread post by YellowSweater1950 »

My opinion on the YT thing is that their music over is to push advertising. That’s how Instagram worked. Big IG accounts would pop up first, and I would NEVER see my friends or family posts. It ultimately drove me to leave IG. Facebook’s newsfeed drove me absolutely insane (Facebook owning IG) and ultimately left that site as well. I swear, YT, keep this a sun an EASY OPTIONAL FUNCTION.

Anyways, I came here to post about Bonnie’s weight loss related vlog (keep it private). I feel for her. I think she is a beautiful person. While she is big compared to, erm, Ellie lol, I still find her to look fabulous most of the time. She’s a mom of four kids. I am struggling so hard with just one. Sleep deprivation, stress...ugh. I totally get her freak out after working out. I can’t Work out in front of my husband. I feel that a personal trainer at home would be worse for me than going to a gym. Lol 5 days a week is intense, but inspired me to try and work out today. I hope this works out for Bonnie. I can’t help but think her tearing up about it and sticking to it has some connotations with her family.

I mean, you all saw Grandma Griffith talk about the baby’s fat arms, right? Lol.
Mygrizzer
Wallflower
Wallflower

Unread post by Mygrizzer »

Kataja wrote:

I first encountered them at a lion drinking fountain that everyone likes to take pictures at. My son wanted to go get a drink and I wouldn’t let him...for fear of him being in the vlog. Joel’s mom did say something to us about the kids and was super sweet. They also were vlogging in the reptile house and I thought it was sad because Boston got super excited about something. Instead of engaging with him and joining in on his excitement, the two guys pulled out their cameras and started filming themselves talking. So weird. Also, Bonnie didn’t go in to the reptile house, probably because it is humid and smells. I side eyed that because I’m sure she was a dramatic diva about it. I will say, Bonnie in real life had a better figure than I would have expected her to have. The camera really must add some weight and she definitely benefits from wearing looser clothing instead of skin tight. I didn’t see Bonnie and Joel interact at all. Joel and Landon were together every time I saw them. (Which really wasn’t much to be fair.) Bonnie seemed overwhelmed and unimpressed every time I saw her. To give them credit, I’m sure if I didn’t know who they were, I wouldn’t have found them odd at all.

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

Mygrizzer wrote:
Kataja wrote:

I first encountered them at a lion drinking fountain that everyone likes to take pictures at. My son wanted to go get a drink and I wouldn’t let him...for fear of him being in the vlog. Joel’s mom did say something to us about the kids and was super sweet. They also were vlogging in the reptile house and I thought it was sad because Boston got super excited about something. Instead of engaging with him and joining in on his excitement, the two guys pulled out their cameras and started filming themselves talking. So weird. Also, Bonnie didn’t go in to the reptile house, probably because it is humid and smells. I side eyed that because I’m sure she was a dramatic diva about it. I will say, Bonnie in real life had a better figure than I would have expected her to have. The camera really must add some weight and she definitely benefits from wearing looser clothing instead of skin tight. I didn’t see Bonnie and Joel interact at all. Joel and Landon were together every time I saw them. (Which really wasn’t much to be fair.) Bonnie seemed overwhelmed and unimpressed every time I saw her. To give them credit, I’m sure if I didn’t know who they were, I wouldn’t have found them odd at all.

I think Bonnie hates zoos considering that time Boston asked about going to one, she made a face like "heck no!" I'm glad they finally went tho. I really do believe the camera makes us look heavier in person, but that's probably just because I want to believe it lol. I think I look ok in the mirror and then I take a picture and feel so awful.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

rdt1004 wrote:
Mygrizzer wrote:
Kataja wrote: Did you see them talking to the camera and vlogging?

I think Bonnie hates zoos considering that time Boston asked about going to one, she made a face like "heck no!" I'm glad they finally went tho. I really do believe the camera makes us look heavier in person, but that's probably just because I want to believe it lol. I think I look ok in the mirror and then I take a picture and feel so awful.
I know exactly what you mean! I will think I look ok, and then see a picture, and think "God, I'm haggard!"
They say that the camera adds 10 pounds.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Blueberries
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Blueberries »

I used to love Bonnie, now I think she’s obnoxious and she seems to act drunk all the time.

What was the Lincoln/Jared incident?
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I just can’t stand Bonnie’s whining. And then tell the kids not to talk to Joel like that, really Bon Bon maybe you shouldn’t either?
Bonnie is whining more then Boston!
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Bollie_Dollie_4_Life »

Bonnie's constant whining is THE WORST. I think it's getting worse and worse by the day. It's like nails on a chalkboard hearing her yell "JOEL-EE" in her annoying voice.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

Bundy wrote:

I dont fel bad for them though.. I mean, most people deal with changes at work.. longer hours, budget cuts, etc... they make ALOT of money and are able to stay home with their kids. Most people who really like a channel are also subscribed to other forms of SM for the vlogger and will likely not miss out on any videos because they will see it on IG, FB etc
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

Doesn't look like she is too bothered by it, she posted about going to 3 movies and out to eat all in one day with Joel. I'm sure Bree was at home with all 4 kids and cleaning her house. She seems to be spending less and less time with her kids. She is always off getting her hair done, her eyelashes done, her eyebrows done, her nails done, shopping, and "working" on all her super successful brand deals. It's a hard knock life for Bon Bon.
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

BonBon and Joelly sure do live the good life now. It's as if they don't have any kids or responsibilities. Every vlog is the 2 of them (often times 4 of them) going here and there, eating at expensive restaurants, hair, nail, eyelash appointments. Remember when they were relatable? I can't wait for Bree to have her own children - Bonnie will need therapy.
KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

Well it is Memorial Day Weekend. Time for Bonnie and Fam to go visit all the deceased! ( her quote last year) That is what they think Memorial Day is. Not kidding. Go watch last years video. Why am I not surprised they do not know the history of our holidays?
Bollie_Dollie_4_Life
Informer
Informer

So I have seen Bonnie and Ruby talking about "ways to increase instragram viewers", "ways to pose for instagram", etc.
Do they get paid (other than when they show off a products/review). Do they get views just from posting everyday pictures and their instastories? Just wondering if it's like youtube and they get paid per click or subscriber?

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”