rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: High on Life, Low on Self-Esteem| Part 56

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

YTIG60 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:49 am
rosie_dalia wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:07 am They should have edited out the clips of Bonnie filming Olivia where you can clearly see up her shorts and her underwear. And they wonder why they get demonetized?

That "lounge set" looks like what you'd get at Target/Amazon. They definitely don't look worth $80 plus shipping! And a "lounge cardigan" for almost $70?! Are they serious???? It's just another robe! Who buys this stuff?
I think most realize you can buy similar outfits at Kohls, Target or Amazon and the funniest vlog I've watched is their dismissive Bollie channel vlog comparing the Bollie acrylic case with a Target case telling us they are better resulting in comments saying they are still priced too high. Bonnie's vlogs are becoming Bollie advertisement and I think they could lose viewers, but it says she does realize where her customers are coming from.
Oh...so it's just their fans buying this stuff? I wonder how many of each item Bollie orders because you'd think they wouldn't sell much. I guess they do have some dedicated fans, but their items are so overpriced and don't look all that flattering.

My favorite robe is from Nordstrom Rack, it was less than $20, it's beyond comfy and it doesn't look like a matronly sack!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They seem to be investing so much into this company, but I really wonder if it's even worth it???!! I mean, they didn't even realize they were in NYC during Fashion Week! They should quit before they lose all their money.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

She’s still spending like there’s no tomorrow and now she’s here is a water leak in their basement. That’s not cheap. :-o come January it’s all over.
Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Vlog4money »

Ellie and Bonnie mentioned coming up on two years with Bollie yet they are still using the excuse of being a start-up that cannot issue returns, only store credit. The way those two online shop you would think they would be more sympathetic to people needing to order multiple sizes to see what fits best.

Also, Bonnie complaining about how much a fit model makes per hour. Seriously? For what they make for sponsorships and exploiting their kids for views they are the last to complain about how much someone makes.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

Catface2 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:59 am She’s still spending like there’s no tomorrow and now she’s here is a water leak in their basement. That’s not cheap. :-o come January it’s all over.
Creators mostly say they support YouTube decision, but please don't take our money away just because our children pay for our spending.
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

I'm sure it's not the case, but it would be LOL if Joel's obsessive lawn/yard makeover was the cause of the flooding. It seems like the flooded area has been wet and leaking for quite some time. That's going to be a pain-in-the-ass to fix. And the mold issue!!!
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

rosie_dalia wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:21 am I'm sure it's not the case, but it would be LOL if Joel's obsessive lawn/yard makeover was the cause of the flooding. It seems like the flooded area has been wet and leaking for quite some time. That's going to be a pain-in-the-ass to fix. And the mold issue!!!
That was my thought too! I doubt its because of that, the area is by the shed if Im thinking right, but man it would be funny! I would be hugely worried about mold! If Bonnie could smell it the day before, without anything being moved, that water has been around awhile.
I also would question the water damage to that curio cabinet. It was sitting directly on the soaked carpet, there's no way that wood didn't absorb water as well.
Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

Wasn’t Joel on the roof trying to clean the gutters during the storm? If water overflows the gutters it will run down into the foundation and into the house. Perhaps Joel spent too much time in LA holding Bonnie’s purse and not enough time doing maintenance on his home.
Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Catface2 »

Omg..I didn’t even think of him and his lawn leveling bs. I bet that’s what happened! Lol :D
sheltiefan
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by sheltiefan »

I started fast forwarding past the Bollie promotions-she has it in all the vlogs lately!
queenc13
Informer
Informer

Unread post by queenc13 »

YTIG60 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:49 am
rosie_dalia wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:07 am They should have edited out the clips of Bonnie filming Olivia where you can clearly see up her shorts and her underwear. And they wonder why they get demonetized?

That "lounge set" looks like what you'd get at Target/Amazon. They definitely don't look worth $80 plus shipping! And a "lounge cardigan" for almost $70?! Are they serious???? It's just another robe! Who buys this stuff?
I think most realize you can buy similar outfits at Kohls, Target or Amazon and the funniest vlog I've watched is their dismissive Bollie channel vlog comparing the Bollie acrylic case with a Target case telling us they are better resulting in comments saying they are still priced too high. Bonnie's vlogs are becoming Bollie advertisement and I think they could lose viewers, but it says she does realize where her customers are coming from.
I'm not sure why she tries to make Olivia older than she is and girls grow up so fast as it is, I wouldn't be encouraging makeup etc.
They have outgrown their home and without the land purchase, I think they could have built a new home by now. I'd worry about mold issues with the water damage in the basement if it is smelling that bad. Joel said he had so much to do that day. He is home most of the day and what would he have done if he was working at P&G? Recently, he seems to need to show an image he is working hard at home.
The issue needs to be taken care of immediately, for sure, but I disagree that they’ve “outgrown” their home. They have 4 kids and a four bedroom home. Their house is not crazy small and many people in America do just fine with what they have. Their house is likely completely paid off, I think it would be stupid for them to get rid of it and building right now while YouTube is tanking is definitely not a smart move.
Vlog4money
Informer
Informer

Catface2 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:45 am Omg..I didn’t even think of him and his lawn leveling bs. I bet that’s what happened! Lol :D
It would be quite ironic if his quest for the perfect lawn was responsible for the water damage. Kind of like Bonnie's quest for perfection is doing damage in other ways.
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

queenc13 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:16 pm The issue needs to be taken care of immediately, for sure, but I disagree that they’ve “outgrown” their home. They have 4 kids and a four bedroom home. Their house is not crazy small and many people in America do just fine with what they have. Their house is likely completely paid off, I think it would be stupid for them to get rid of it and building right now while YouTube is tanking is definitely not a smart move.
They have outgrown their home and without the land purchase, I think they could have built a new home by now.
My point was if they didn't purchase the land and add the equity in their home, they could afford to build a larger home or even do what Beau is doing with his new home. I don't disagree it might be a bad time to move until they see how things go in January. I've not felt going into business with E&J will prove to be a good financial move.
queenc13
Informer
Informer

YTIG60 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:40 pm
queenc13 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:16 pm The issue needs to be taken care of immediately, for sure, but I disagree that they’ve “outgrown” their home. They have 4 kids and a four bedroom home. Their house is not crazy small and many people in America do just fine with what they have. Their house is likely completely paid off, I think it would be stupid for them to get rid of it and building right now while YouTube is tanking is definitely not a smart move.
They have outgrown their home and without the land purchase, I think they could have built a new home by now.
My point was if they didn't purchase the land and add the equity in their home, they could afford to build a larger home or even do what Beau is doing with his new home. I don't disagree it might be a bad time to move until they see how things go in January. I've not felt going into business with E&J will prove to be a good financial move.
I guess I still don’t understand what you mean? They don’t need a bigger home or do what beau is doing. Their house, aside from normal home ownership wear and tear, is perfectly fine. I think the land was a decent financial move for them even if they don’t build on it, which I would obviously recommend against.
Agree with you 100% that Bollie is a financial dump. I do wonder what the agreement is for the land.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Why would the land be a "decent financial move"? The guys pretty much admitted that it was an impulse buy that they didn't tell Bonnie and Ellie about ahead of time and that it had been on the market for a long time because of issues with water. It's not like it's part of a subdivision that they will be able to profit from easily.
Generally, yes, land is a good investment, but this particular piece of property seems like a big white elephant. Just like the upgraded out of the price range of the neighborhood Ice Palace. Between the rock quarry backyard, giant hot tub, useless "dog shower", and toilet in the laundry room, Ellie and Jared will never get their investment back on their house.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

KaterTot
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by KaterTot »

YTIG60 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:58 am
Manitowoc123 wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:54 am I have a suspicion that maybe she had her bladder fixed or maybe a hysterectomy based on how much pain she is in and that she can’t lift things. I had all of those surgeries and the bladder/hysterectomy is a bigger recovery than hernia, in my experience. Also, it would explain why she won’t talk about it - she had alluded that a lot more happened and she can’t talk about it.
Why can't she talk about it? Bonnie did multiple vlogs on her surgery and complications. I doubt a Los Angeles plastic surgeon would do these types of surgeries (hysterectomy/bladder repair) and yes, Bonnie or Joel haven't been clear about the extent of her surgery procedures. There probably were lifting restrictions for a period of time, but these restrictions didn't include staying in bed for what appears to be a good part of the day for weeks and a daily walk would be perfect for so many reasons.
If you look at her tonsillectomy surgery vlogs, it was a long recovery too.
I have had 7 extensive hernia surgeries where I had to be cut all the way up my abdomen and I was not wearing a binder this far out. Maybe 'about" this far out. I can't have laparoscopy due to a hysterectomy gone wrong and tons of scar tissue. She is just very dramatic over her surgeries and views them as pamper time and to get away with doing less than even usual. She thrives on the attention. It's gotten very obvious. I had a horrible time recovering from a radical hysterectomy with a 5 lb (benign thankfully) tumor on 1 ovary. It was bad and the fully expected to open me up to cancer due to my CA125 numbers. They ended up going 18 inches on that incision and it burst on me on week 2 resulting in home health care. I STILL got better faster than Bonnie will. I am just waiting to see how much longer.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

What was calling Bonnie with bad news about?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Why can't Bonnie do any household chores? Joel is "the man" and she's the dainty/helpless wife? So she sleeps all day and he does all the hard work (and all the YT/SM work) and the babysitter takes care of the kids/dog?

What does she even do???? Cry in the mirror all day? Test out all her "lounge" outfits?

I know she considers herself the "face" of their brand, but that's not a job.

It also seems like Jared and Ellie run most of Bollie. Bonnie is just a mess.
emmalinelola
Talker
Talker

Unread post by emmalinelola »

Interesting article on non narcotic pain relief for plastic surgery..... https://apple.news/ACXGqpMh_SmC0Pb5k0Z69RQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YTIG60
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by YTIG60 »

I'm surprised how the gutters were clogged with leaves since Joel is generally good at home maintenance. I wonder why he wouldn't put on a leaf type guard on the gutters. The channel focus appears to be moving away from their children and more towards Bonnie (Bollie) and Joel (lawn care). I question if they are doing a bit of experimenting with their channel to see how they'll do with the YouTube changes. How to top dress your lawn vlog didn't do very well in comparison to other vlog. Olivia in their video thumbnail sees higher views, but will this kid focus video be acceptable with the upcoming YT changes?
queenc13
Informer
Informer

lmmomSD wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:43 pm Why would the land be a "decent financial move"? The guys pretty much admitted that it was an impulse buy that they didn't tell Bonnie and Ellie about ahead of time and that it had been on the market for a long time because of issues with water. It's not like it's part of a subdivision that they will be able to profit from easily.
Generally, yes, land is a good investment, but this particular piece of property seems like a big white elephant. Just like the upgraded out of the price range of the neighborhood Ice Palace. Between the rock quarry backyard, giant hot tub, useless "dog shower", and toilet in the laundry room, Ellie and Jared will never get their investment back on their house.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Not all land needs to be commercialized or made in to residential areas. My husband’s family, as I’ve said before, is from a rural area, and even land that can’t be used for farming is sought after. That said, land sitting on the market isn’t unheard of, either, because many price too high based off land potential. A seller doesn’t have to decrease cost based off of how long it sits on the market, and doesn’t have to accept offers they don’t think are worth it. Land isn’t the same as houses... generally, when a house sits on the market for a long time, it’s doomed. I have first-hand experience that that isn’t the same for land.
Issues like water or no issues at all, generally speaking, land only appreciates in value, and I don’t think it was the worst decision they’ve ever made when it comes to finances. If worst comes to worse, they can make it easier— parcel it off and sell it in chunks, which may increase desirability.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”