• Advertisement
    

Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby CanYouJustNot » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:54 pm

Off topic-ish, but Bonnie and Joel do the cutest things with the Elf. The vacuum had me laughing so hard. Cody looked so concerned :)
Image
CanYouJustNot
Informer
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:45 pm
Has thanked: 1040 times
Been thanked: 1417 times

Advertisement

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby GymChick » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:57 pm

Nini12 wrote:
kingoflove21vher wrote:In one of her videos Ruby showed Shari the list, to summarize her and Kevin's getting together Ruby's roommate let him sneak in her room and read the list so he could try to emulate as many qualities as possible. Its been a few months since I watched it but it came off as Kevin faked it until he made it. Honestly in the how they met stories it seems like Ruby and Bonnie both treated their future husbands poorly at one time, especially when you hear Joel talk about being on his mission and Bonnie going out with other guys, they were on a break but just the logistics of how Joel explained their relationship at their point kind if made me feel bad for him. Its all water under the bridge now but I would say that both Ruby and Bonnie have treated their current significant others poorly in the past (before marriage). It seems like both Kevin and Joel had to compete at some level to get their Griffith's girl.

Sent from my SM-S890L using Tapatalk

I'm getting a bit OT but I remember Collette saying that when she met Shay, her boyfriend was on a mission and then she broke up with him when that guy came back and married Shay, so I guess it isn't so weird to keep looking for a husband? I find it so strange :| Like when Joel said that he took Bonnie on a date, he had to also invite her sisters and pay for everything, poor guy!


I thought of that too. I was like hm maybe it's common in Mormon culture to date multiple men until one fights his way to the top lol and then 3 month engagement


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:45 pm
Has thanked: 3308 times
Been thanked: 8919 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby kingoflove21vher » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:01 pm

Very OT and rambly . The Mormon dating scene is too cloistered IMO, I'm glad my family were converts and became inactive before I was 16. I might be bitter because I hated our YW leadership because of the blatant favoritism. Not dating until 16, group dates? Maybe. Dragging a kid half your age along too? I couldn't do that. Time to be punny, Joel is such a Saint. Another problem I find is that if you're saying rumors spread around your ward and Young Women and Relief Society members attack your families virtue/your mother. That happened with an older girl in my ward when I was a Beehive.

Sent from my SM-S890L using Tapatalk
Image

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
User avatar
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2123
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:35 am
Has thanked: 4782 times
Been thanked: 870 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby kingoflove21vher » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:01 pm

That's meant to say if you're dating not saying lol

Sent from my SM-S890L using Tapatalk
Image

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
User avatar
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2123
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:35 am
Has thanked: 4782 times
Been thanked: 870 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby kingoflove21vher » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:07 pm

gymchick43 wrote:
Nini12 wrote:
kingoflove21vher wrote:In one of her videos Ruby showed Shari the list, to summarize her and Kevin's getting together Ruby's roommate let him sneak in her room and read the list so he could try to emulate as many qualities as possible. Its been a few months since I watched it but it came off as Kevin faked it until he made it. Honestly in the how they met stories it seems like Ruby and Bonnie both treated their future husbands poorly at one time, especially when you hear Joel talk about being on his mission and Bonnie going out with other guys, they were on a break but just the logistics of how Joel explained their relationship at their point kind if made me feel bad for him. Its all water under the bridge now but I would say that both Ruby and Bonnie have treated their current significant others poorly in the past (before marriage). It seems like both Kevin and Joel had to compete at some level to get their Griffith's girl.

Sent from my SM-S890L using Tapatalk

I'm getting a bit OT but I remember Collette saying that when she met Shay, her boyfriend was on a mission and then she broke up with him when that guy came back and married Shay, so I guess it isn't so weird to keep looking for a husband? I find it so strange :| Like when Joel said that he took Bonnie on a date, he had to also invite her sisters and pay for everything, poor guy!


I thought of that too. I was like hm maybe it's common in Mormon culture to date multiple men until one fights his way to the top lol and then 3 month engagement


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double post and OT again, but literally every missionary I remember and friended on Facebook got married/engaged within 18 months of returning home. All the female missionaries but one I know of have married and have 2-3 children or are currently pregnant.

Sent from my SM-S890L using Tapatalk
Image

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
User avatar
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2123
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:35 am
Has thanked: 4782 times
Been thanked: 870 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby HelloSweetie » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:19 pm

kingoflove21vher wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:
Nini12 wrote:[quote="kingoflove21vher"]In one of her videos Ruby showed Shari the list, to summarize her and Kevin's getting together Ruby's roommate let him sneak in her room and read the list so he could try to emulate as many qualities as possible. Its been a few months since I watched it but it came off as Kevin faked it until he made it. Honestly in the how they met stories it seems like Ruby and Bonnie both treated their future husbands poorly at one time, especially when you hear Joel talk about being on his mission and Bonnie going out with other guys, they were on a break but just the logistics of how Joel explained their relationship at their point kind if made me feel bad for him. Its all water under the bridge now but I would say that both Ruby and Bonnie have treated their current significant others poorly in the past (before marriage). It seems like both Kevin and Joel had to compete at some level to get their Griffith's girl.

Sent from my SM-S890L using Tapatalk

I'm getting a bit OT but I remember Collette saying that when she met Shay, her boyfriend was on a mission and then she broke up with him when that guy came back and married Shay, so I guess it isn't so weird to keep looking for a husband? I find it so strange :| Like when Joel said that he took Bonnie on a date, he had to also invite her sisters and pay for everything, poor guy!


I thought of that too. I was like hm maybe it's common in Mormon culture to date multiple men until one fights his way to the top lol and then 3 month engagement


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double post and OT again, but literally every missionary I remember and friended on Facebook got married/engaged within 18 months of returning home. All the female missionaries but one I know of have married and have 2-3 children or are currently pregnant.

Sent from my SM-S890L using Tapatalk[/quote]

If you don't get married fairly quickly, do suspicions arose about your sexuality?

Just curious why there's such a rush to be married
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 12387
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 13737 times
Been thanked: 57636 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby kingoflove21vher » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:27 pm

I'm not from Utah so we don't have the stigmatization so much where I'm from (The Fertile Crescent of Mormonism). Also, I've been inactive for about 3 years and personally struggle with whether I want to return. Irrelevant, but I know one of the brother's who was first counseler has a lesbian daughter who isn't really spoken of, I only know about it because my cousin. I wouldn't say my ward or even stake was a good representation of classic Mormons because of the high convert percentage. I always felt like when Pagaent happens or Utah missionaries were assigned that they were a snobbier, better sort of Mormon.

Sorry, this really has nothing to do with Bonnie but more to do with the church. It brings up a good question for the Griffith's comparison topic though, with how spiritual each sibling comes off as. Take it or leave it. [FACE SCREAMING IN FEAR]

Sent from my SM-S890L using Tapatalk
Image

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
User avatar
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2123
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:35 am
Has thanked: 4782 times
Been thanked: 870 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby GymChick » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:33 pm

kingoflove21vher wrote:I'm not from Utah so we don't have the stigmatization so much where I'm from (The Fertile Crescent of Mormonism). Also, I've been inactive for about 3 years and personally struggle with whether I want to return. Irrelevant, but I know one of the brother's who was first counseler has a lesbian daughter who isn't really spoken of, I only know about it because my cousin. I wouldn't say my ward or even stake was a good representation of classic Mormons because of the high convert percentage. I always felt like when Pagaent happens or Utah missionaries were assigned that they were a snobbier, better sort of Mormon.

Sorry, this really has nothing to do with Bonnie but more to do with the church. It brings up a good question for the Griffith's comparison topic though, with how spiritual each sibling comes off as. Take it or leave it. [FACE SCREAMING IN FEAR]

Sent from my SM-S890L using Tapatalk


I think Bonnie comes off as "least religious" only because she doesn't push her belief and try to be Molly Mormon


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:45 pm
Has thanked: 3308 times
Been thanked: 8919 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby HelloSweetie » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:37 pm

gymchick43 wrote:
kingoflove21vher wrote:I'm not from Utah so we don't have the stigmatization so much where I'm from (The Fertile Crescent of Mormonism). Also, I've been inactive for about 3 years and personally struggle with whether I want to return. Irrelevant, but I know one of the brother's who was first counseler has a lesbian daughter who isn't really spoken of, I only know about it because my cousin. I wouldn't say my ward or even stake was a good representation of classic Mormons because of the high convert percentage. I always felt like when Pagaent happens or Utah missionaries were assigned that they were a snobbier, better sort of Mormon.

Sorry, this really has nothing to do with Bonnie but more to do with the church. It brings up a good question for the Griffith's comparison topic though, with how spiritual each sibling comes off as. Take it or leave it. [FACE SCREAMING IN FEAR]

Sent from my SM-S890L using Tapatalk


I think Bonnie comes off as "least religious" only because she doesn't push her belief and try to be Molly Mormon


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Which is ironic because I believe Joel is actually quite involved in the church. Which reminds me.... can you explain what a Bishopric does?

Ruby and Beau seem very religious to me. Ellie and Jared do too, but only sometimes.
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 12387
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 13737 times
Been thanked: 57636 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby kingoflove21vher » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:38 pm

gymchick43 wrote:
kingoflove21vher wrote:I'm not from Utah so we don't have the stigmatization so much where I'm from (The Fertile Crescent of Mormonism). Also, I've been inactive for about 3 years and personally struggle with whether I want to return. Irrelevant, but I know one of the brother's who was first counseler has a lesbian daughter who isn't really spoken of, I only know about it because my cousin. I wouldn't say my ward or even stake was a good representation of classic Mormons because of the high convert percentage. I always felt like when Pagaent happens or Utah missionaries were assigned that they were a snobbier, better sort of Mormon.

Sorry, this really has nothing to do with Bonnie but more to do with the church. It brings up a good question for the Griffith's comparison topic though, with how spiritual each sibling comes off as. Take it or leave it. [FACE SCREAMING IN FEAR]

Sent from my SM-S890L using Tapatalk


I think Bonnie comes off as "least religious" only because she doesn't push her belief and try to be Molly Mormon


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Bonnie and Joel exactly because they don't cone off pompous and preachy like Shay and Jared. Joel (to me) seems like a solid pillar of faith and spirituality for his family without the ostentatious and pretentious air Jared carries, I think him praying before reno projects and coming home from church to his sick family wearing his suit or Beau and his scouts shows better publicity than Jared dancing around and staging videos for the Church.

Sent from my SM-S890L using Tapatalk
Image

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
User avatar
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2123
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:35 am
Has thanked: 4782 times
Been thanked: 870 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby kingoflove21vher » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:49 pm

HelloSweetie1 wrote:
gymchick43 wrote:
kingoflove21vher wrote:I'm not from Utah so we don't have the stigmatization so much where I'm from (The Fertile Crescent of Mormonism). Also, I've been inactive for about 3 years and personally struggle with whether I want to return. Irrelevant, but I know one of the brother's who was first counseler has a lesbian daughter who isn't really spoken of, I only know about it because my cousin. I wouldn't say my ward or even stake was a good representation of classic Mormons because of the high convert percentage. I always felt like when Pagaent happens or Utah missionaries were assigned that they were a snobbier, better sort of Mormon.

Sorry, this really has nothing to do with Bonnie but more to do with the church. It brings up a good question for the Griffith's comparison topic though, with how spiritual each sibling comes off as. Take it or leave it. [FACE SCREAMING IN FEAR]

Sent from my SM-S890L using Tapatalk


I think Bonnie comes off as "least religious" only because she doesn't push her belief and try to be Molly Mormon


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Which is ironic because I believe Joel is actually quite involved in the church. Which reminds me.... can you explain what a Bishopric does?

Ruby and Beau seem very religious to me. Ellie and Jared do too, but only sometimes.

Okay so I'm not actually that knowledgeable and I know there are some other LDS that at times comment/view these threads so feel free to correct me.

There's the Quorom of the Twelve Apostles and the oldest in that group who is President, they're in for life. But the President also belongs to the First Presidency where he has a first counselor and second counselor. Below this there are a bunch of quorums, such as the seventy. That's not really needed to explain. There are subdivided regions in the world too.

At the base level there is a stake president who oversees wards and branches. A ward is a congregation with a bishop, 1st counselor and second counselor. A branch is a smaller version of a ward without the population to sustain, they have branch presidents. Honestly I find the clergy very confusing, and that's not even touching on the organization of missions and mission presidents/leadership.

The First Presidency is kind of like the Federal Govt
A Stake is like the State government
Your ward/branch us like local/county government

Sent from my SM-S890L using Tapatalk
Image

"I suppose the story of my life is a search for love, but more than that, I have been looking for a way to repair myself from the damages I suffered early on ..."
User avatar
kingoflove21vher
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2123
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:35 am
Has thanked: 4782 times
Been thanked: 870 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby alym0326 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:29 pm

Bonnie and Joel's elf on a shelf videos are probably my favourite, they really go all out for it. I used to not care for it, but since watching her previous ones and these ones I've found a new holiday tradition for when I have kids


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alym0326
Gossiper
 
Posts: 860
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:23 pm
Has thanked: 561 times
Been thanked: 1959 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby WhatSheSaid » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:44 pm

Kryptonite wrote:I have moved Bonnie to her own section! This topic is a shadow topic since it's most recent. It will appear in the E&J section as well as Bonnie's (same thread, same posts, just can be viewed from both sections). The next thread will ONLY be in Bonnie's section!


Would you please provide a link to her new section? I don't even remember how I found this one.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1901
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:10 pm
Location: California
Has thanked: 2898 times
Been thanked: 4121 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby Kryptonite » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:47 pm

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:
Kryptonite wrote:I have moved Bonnie to her own section! This topic is a shadow topic since it's most recent. It will appear in the E&J section as well as Bonnie's (same thread, same posts, just can be viewed from both sections). The next thread will ONLY be in Bonnie's section!


Would you please provide a link to her new section? I don't even remember how I found this one.

Unfortunately I can't because it's a subforum.

If you're on the website go to the board index. If you're on Tapa go to subforums and then YouTube moms. :)
#StayPuffy

Image
User avatar
Kryptonite
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
 
Posts: 3600
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:17 pm
Location: Picture it, Sicily 1922
Has thanked: 317 times
Been thanked: 7119 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby WhatSheSaid » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:07 pm

OldHag wrote:I could have sworn Ruby said in one of her videos she wanted to meet an engineer at college because her dad is an engineer... have they ever said did he go to college later in life? Just wondering why they were so broke for a long time if he had a good job ... and he's in his early 50's so too young to be retired, though I haven't noticed them saying "Grandpa is at work" etc.


I heard Ruby say the same thing about wanting to meet an engineering student because her dad was an engineer. I believe he's still working. When Ruby was a tot they lived in a trailer. Perhaps they Jennifer married him and started having kids while he was a student? I don't know why they were claiming to be broke for so long.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1901
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:10 pm
Location: California
Has thanked: 2898 times
Been thanked: 4121 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby HelloSweetie » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:15 pm

Maybe they were house poor? Ellie always talks about her mother having built multiple homes. Maybe they were spending took much money and making poor investments?
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 12387
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 13737 times
Been thanked: 57636 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby WhatSheSaid » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:31 pm

HelloSweetie1 wrote:Maybe they were house poor? Ellie always talks about her mother having built multiple homes. Maybe they were spending took much money and making poor investments?


My first guess would be that they were saving for a down payment on a home, and then they were house poor.
OT: Does Jennifer sound like the has an accent to anyone else? She kind of has a drawl when she starts to make a statement or tell a story. Does anyone know where she's from? Her "accent" seemed really pronounced to me while giving a tour of the trailer. She was talking about how they bought the couch and how she got a desk for Chad. I just can't place her accent or vocal style, it's getting to me. Lol
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1901
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:10 pm
Location: California
Has thanked: 2898 times
Been thanked: 4121 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby Sarai » Tue Dec 15, 2015 11:59 pm

^ It sounds like a typical Utah accent to me. Maybe a little stronger than others, but I think she grew up in a rural area on a farm, so that's why.
User avatar
Sarai
Gossiper
 
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:37 pm
Has thanked: 1061 times
Been thanked: 2261 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby ohmygoshyouguys » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:03 am

Whatshesaid_2015 wrote:
HelloSweetie1 wrote:Maybe they were house poor? Ellie always talks about her mother having built multiple homes. Maybe they were spending took much money and making poor investments?


My first guess would be that they were saving for a down payment on a home, and then they were house poor.
OT: Does Jennifer sound like the has an accent to anyone else? She kind of has a drawl when she starts to make a statement or tell a story. Does anyone know where she's from? Her "accent" seemed really pronounced to me while giving a tour of the trailer. She was talking about how they bought the couch and how she got a desk for Chad. I just can't place her accent or vocal style, it's getting to me. Lol


This is definitely a rural baby boomer generation Utah drawl. My dad talks just like that. :)
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:34 pm
Has thanked: 166 times
Been thanked: 1879 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby GymChick » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:56 am

I always thought her voice is very soft spoken lady like, like what I hear in movies from 60-70s lol that's just me though


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:45 pm
Has thanked: 3308 times
Been thanked: 8919 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby staceybrax » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:18 am

I saw on bonnie's Instagram today that her parents both have a coupon code for a teeth whitening product that they're advertising on their Instagrams. Thoughts? That's so weird to me.
staceybrax
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 4142
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:20 pm
Has thanked: 3779 times
Been thanked: 11791 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby zipadeedodah » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:31 am

Speaking of accents Joel has a little accent too. Has anyone else noticed that?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
zipadeedodah
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1875
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:23 pm
Has thanked: 464 times
Been thanked: 4635 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby GymChick » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:32 am

staceybrax wrote:I saw on bonnie's Instagram today that her parents both have a coupon code for a teeth whitening product that they're advertising on their Instagrams. Thoughts? That's so weird to me.


I also noticed I brought it up in the Griffiths thread. Totally weird to me


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
GymChick
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2358
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:45 pm
Has thanked: 3308 times
Been thanked: 8919 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:44 am

Don't tell me the parents are going to jump on the vlogging bandwagon too!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 16199
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 91764 times
Been thanked: 77020 times

Re: Bonnie Hoellein: Part 2

Postby usmellllikesnow » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:17 am

staceybrax wrote:I saw on bonnie's Instagram today that her parents both have a coupon code for a teeth whitening product that they're advertising on their Instagrams. Thoughts? That's so weird to me.


Oh gawd...I saw that come up on my IG feed the other night. Ugh.

Has anybody else noticed Lincoln's eye has been kind of red in the past two videos?
usmellllikesnow
BANNED
BANNED
 
Posts: 704
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:17 pm
Has thanked: 128 times
Been thanked: 305 times

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Bonnie Hoellein

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Acaena, littlehide, Namm, nutbagmcgee

  • Advertisement