• Advertisement

Bonnie and Joel: #RelationshipGoals Part 4

Re: Bonnie and Joel: #RelationshipGoals Part 4

Postby HelloSweetie » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:02 pm

Kryptonite wrote:Why are ANY of them discussing their hygiene habits online anyway? Y'all are too comfortable vlogging when you start mentioning that ish.

Agreed. I think we all know (and try to avoid) those oversharers IRL.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby parryhotter » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:57 pm

I need more house updates! They're killing me! Hah..

Also, the "cold storage" thing they're building under the patio... Will the door to that be in the basement or outside, you reckon? Was a bit confused about that. I'm gonna sound like a dummy, but does cold storage mean it's a refrigerated room or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
parryhotter
Informer

Postby HelloSweetie » Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:05 pm

parryhotter wrote:I need more house updates! They're killing me! Hah..

Also, the "cold storage" thing they're building under the patio... Will the door to that be in the basement or outside, you reckon? Was a bit confused about that. I'm gonna sound like a dummy, but does cold storage mean it's a refrigerated room or what?

Pretty sure access to it will be from inside. Think of it as a concrete pantry. It's not insulated, so it stays colder than the rest of the house.

All the canning and things that Bonnie used to store in the laundry area will go in there. Since it's dark and cool, things like vegetables will last much longer.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:29 pm

saltliferocks wrote:Ruby was making Kevin smell her smelly pits in a recent vlog. She made a point to say that she had horrible body odor. Bonnie said she was stinky while shopping at the vlog. And Ellie is too disgusting for words. I wonder if she really does has true IBS, or, she gets ill from lack of basic hand hygiene. We constantly see her wiping snot with her fingers. She put her in teeth tray in her mouth straight out of the trash, for cripes sake..

Eww. Thanks for clarifying. I believed you, just wondered where it came from. I just don't get how they think some of the stuff they talk about is "cute" or funny. It's nasty. Ellie in particular grosses me out on a regular basis. I was beyond disgusted with the tongue in Calvin's mouth. But I am SO glad I missed the nose-blowing in the sheets. I'll shut up about her now, since this isn't the thread.
But how cute was Cody doing Joel's "I had a great time" and wink?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Refrigerator_Light » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:49 am

Ho hum, another day- another vlog with Joel around and no mention of a job.....
Refrigerator_Light
Informer

Postby parryhotter » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:51 am

Anyone wanna speculate about Bonnie's "business call?" I wanna say, but I don't wanna be ripped a new one either lol. And yea, Joel and his job... Big question marks!! I think if they make these supposed changes, they will do so gracefully and in much better ways than others have, so I'm not at all upset by either of these things happening! Good for them, in all the speculation!

parryhotter
Informer

Postby staceyeileen » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:28 am

I've noticed that the past couple of vlogs she has ended with "don't forget to subscribe and give it a thumbs up" whereas she used to just say bye, see you tomorrow, etc. Just an observation.

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
staceyeileen
Informer

Postby Refrigerator_Light » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:06 am

parryhotter wrote:Anyone wanna speculate about Bonnie's "business call?" I wanna say, but I don't wanna be ripped a new one either lol. And yea, Joel and his job... Big question marks!! I think if they make these supposed changes, they will do so gracefully and in much better ways than others have, so I'm not at all upset by either of these things happening! Good for them, in all the speculation!

Do you think she signed with a network....?
Refrigerator_Light
Informer

Postby parryhotter » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:10 am

That may be a thought that crossed my mind!

parryhotter
Informer

Postby Sarai » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:55 am

I'm going to be so disappointed if Joel quit his job and they start acting like every other vlogger. :( Hopefully he just took vacation time for all the renovations, because what is he going to do when it's all over? Sit around the house, or worse, become like Jared?
Sarai
Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:37 pm

I'm going to be super disappointed if he quit to concentrate on YT. If Joel quit (and it's still IF) in order to follow some dream of his, then I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. So far he's been busy, and he's never seemed like the lazy, sit-around type, so I'm not so sure that he'll immediately become a Bryan or Jared. That implies that it's something YT does to change the men, and I honestly think E&J and B&M were drawn to YT BECAUSE they already were looking for the easiest road possible (rewarding or not). I think having multiple children and having to work hard changed those vloggers more than the YT fame and money did. Bonnie and Joel are already used to working hard and appreciating what they have. So far he's been home and the vlogs don't feel that different to me. The kids are still the primary focus (not each other) and they aren't planning fake meetups or collabs YET.

I don't want Joel to become a YTer, but if he does start vlogging more, then I think he'd be an excellent role model for young men and women. He is clearly very sentimental and loves his kids and appreciates the moments he has with them. We see a lot of young kids watching DB and E&J and aspiring to be more like them. Many of these kids come from questionable homes, and I think watching Joel respect women and serve those around him (while not being afraid to work hard) is a far better role model to have than most other male vloggers.
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:23 pm

You said it, HS!

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby staceybrax » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:55 pm

I just can't imagine Joel quitting his job for YouTube. Maybe if he was planning on starting a handy man business or go back to school to get a trade to get a better career or something, but not purely for YouTube. Joel is a hands on, needs to be busy type of guy and I can't see him being happy being home all day everyday once the renovations are finished. He would be bored out of his mind.

Joel isn't like the Bryan's and jared's of YouTube who started YouTube with the end goal of being full time YouTubers, but with bonnie and Joel YouTube has always been bonnie's thing.

I do think that Joel could start his own DIY "manly things" channel. Like HS said, he's a good role model for a lot of boys who don't have good role models to look up to, and he does know a lot about DIY, renovating etc.

staceybrax
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:27 pm

My two cents is that he took time off to do the renovations. But I guess we'll find out one way or another eventually. I think that even though they are pulling in good money, he would want to give up those benefits when they have 4 kids to bring up. That's a lot of potential doctors and dentist visits to pay for.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Vincere » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:31 pm

Let me play Devil's advocate.
Everyone seems to know what Joel likes and feels.
As much I, personally, would not want him to quit his job, there are many advantages for him to just do YT.
1. Spend more time with the kids, whom he adores.
2. Play baseball with Cody and Boston.
3. Help Bonnie with the workload.
4. Relax, jobs are very stressful.
5. etc

I know a lot of people would love to be like EJ DB (not to be idiots) but just vlog 10 minutes and have tons of cash.
Vincere
True Gossiper

Postby ohmygoshyouguys » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:42 pm

I tend to think Joel has just taken some time off. Maybe he is even trying to decide if he wants to go back or not. That could explain why they haven't said anything yet, maybe their plans aren't set in stone. Who knows? But I also don't worry too much about them if they do go full time. Joel could never be like Jared. Jared was strange before you tube and will be strange long atter.
ohmygoshyouguys
Gossiper

Postby thenightowl » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:05 pm

My guess is that he is just off for renovations, how long as he been off? has it been since Bonnie's surgery?
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper

Postby yoyo16 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:26 pm

thenightowl wrote:My guess is that he is just off for renovations, how long as he been off? has it been since Bonnie's surgery?

I'm not sure how long he has been off but I've noticed that when he was off for Bonnie's surgery and now for the renovations, they've been posting daily vlogs- Monday through Friday at least.
yoyo16
Informer

Postby staceybrax » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:06 pm

He went back to work for a bit in between Bonnie's surgery and now doing the renovations. I am going to believe he took leave for the summer until proven otherwise.

staceybrax
Guru Gossiper

Postby WhatSheSaid » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:27 am

yoyo16 wrote:
thenightowl wrote:My guess is that he is just off for renovations, how long as he been off? has it been since Bonnie's surgery?

I'm not sure how long he has been off but I've noticed that when he was off for Bonnie's surgery and now for the renovations, they've been posting daily vlogs- Monday through Friday at least.

How long have they been posting daily vlogs? I remember Bonnie saying it wasn't something that she was ready to commit to, but she'd try to put up extra vlogs if she could. Early Thursdaymorning I saw the thumbnail of Lincoln in the swing. As happy as I was to see him, I just had a sinking feeling. It used to be special when Bonnie put up a vlog, I don't want them to be daily vloggers. It will change things, it already has. A couple of vlogs ago Joel reminded viewers to subscribe. I think one of the kids reminded us to like and subscribe too. I really like Bonnie and Joel. I like the traditional dad who goes to work every day and is a treat to have at home. And the fact that Bonnie's channel is a huge success for a sahm. It is already going to be a big adjustment to have E&J just blocks away. I am hoping that this is a leave of absence and nothing more. And I prefer a MWF schedule.
WhatSheSaid
Extreme Gossiper

Postby freshbalsam » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:08 am

I agree with HS- I can't see Joel being like the other YTers because you know some of them, like DBEJ, chased the YT fame because it was an easy way to make money for their lazy work ethic.

I don't think Joel quit, or at least I don't want to allow myself to think he has. Whatever happened to the vlog where she talks about how they could never be at home together all the time because they'd drive each other crazy and that Joel likes working?

That's what I like so much about Bonnie - the "realness" of her life. I'd be disappointed too if she signed with a network because I feel as though her content would slightly change and she wouldn't be making as much! I know networks usually entail more subscribers, but I think Bonnie should let her channel bloom on its own, as it has been doing since she started.

freshbalsam
Gossiper

Postby actuallydear » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:55 am

Anyone wonder if the important business conference call was to do with a network or something? I did after reading here.
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper

Postby lmmomSD » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:08 am

I sure hope not. She's doing just fine without one. Maybe it was just for an endorsement.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper

Postby Bethypooh51 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:09 am

I just checked Social Blade and they estimated that Bonnie's channel is making between 32k and 500k a year. Even if it is on the low end and she is making about 100k a year that is a lot to live on in Utah. Bonnie has always been so upfront with her viewers about Joel's work and him taking off time for her surgery. The fact that they are so hush hush about all the questions leads me to believe that they know their viewers will be disappointed if they find out that Joel is no longer working and they don't want the backlash. Bonnie is now daily vlogging which she said she never wanted to do and she is asking for likes and thumbs up at the end of her vlogs. So things have definitely changed. Her subscriptions are also down 54% from previous months which to me would indicate that her important call was from a network that will help to promote her channel. So now it really looks like this is more about income and no longer a fun hobby for them. Just my observations and theories...of course I could totally have it wrong. But for me I think it would be sad if Joel really did stop working, I don't want him to change and end up like Jared, Bryan, or all those other YouTube husbands that don't work outside the home. They all of a sudden become totally un relatable to viewers. Ok....my rant is over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bethypooh51
Informer

Bonnie and Joel: #RelationshipGoals Part 4

Postby HelloSweetie » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:27 am

Bethypooh51 wrote:I just checked Social Blade and they estimated that Bonnie's channel is making between 32k and 500k a year. Even if it is on the low end and she is making about 100k a year that is a lot to live on in Utah. Bonnie has always been so upfront with her viewers about Joel's work and him taking off time for her surgery. The fact that they are so hush hush about all the questions leads me to believe that they know their viewers will be disappointed if they find out that Joel is no longer working and they don't want the backlash. Bonnie is now daily vlogging which she said she never wanted to do and she is asking for likes and thumbs up at the end of her vlogs. So things have definitely changed. Her subscriptions are also down 54% from previous months which to me would indicate that her important call was from a network that will help to promote her channel. So now it really looks like this is more about income and no longer a fun hobby for them. Just my observations and theories...of course I could totally have it wrong. But for me I think it would be sad if Joel really did stop working, I don't want him to change and end up like Jared, Bryan, or all those other YouTube husbands that don't work outside the home. They all of a sudden become totally un relatable to viewers. Ok....my rant is over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your SB stats are incredibly misleading. The rate of sub INCREASE is down 54% because they took an amazing leap when her video went viral last month. At one point she was up 80% For them to plateau back out again is normal. Expect the numbers to go back on the green when she's 30 days out from that spike.

Bonnie has stated on Twitter that she still isn't committing to DV, but that she films when they have stuff going on. They are out of the house a lot doing stuff, and busy with the renos. That's a lot of interesting content to show right now. Maybe she's just taking advantage of that and covering the income while Joel is off?
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to Bonnie Hoellein