Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Unread post by tratra58 »

winniewise wrote:It always kills me how little she expects of her babies. When he was crying for that food pouch she says "he's communicating with me!" Uh duh! He's a year old!
When he was six or seven months old she was surprised that he was looking at and playing with a toy.
It's like she expects him to stay a newborn blob.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
It is interesting how Ellie or Jared ignores or doesn't address negative comments, but it seems to Bonnie addresses them with an off handed response. I wonder if E & J reads their comments?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
izzythecat
Talker
Talker

Unread post by izzythecat »

ladymama wrote:Lincoln in the bike basket... so much no.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
Agreed! That made me so nervous! I was holding my breath the entire time. So dangerous.

WTFoxtrot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by WTFoxtrot »

kiwimumof-5 wrote:Well if those commenters have come over from E&J and Bumps the only renovations they have done are on their playhouse....

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk
Image Image Thank you, I needed that laugh!!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

izzythecat wrote:
ladymama wrote:Lincoln in the bike basket... so much no.

Agreed! That made me so nervous! I was holding my breath the entire time. So dangerous.

Isn't this common sense not to do this.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

The baby in the basket sent me over the edge with this family. It was giving me anxiety just watching it. Bonnie was just laughing and thought it was cute? I would kill my husband.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
izzythecat
Talker
Talker

Unread post by izzythecat »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:The baby in the basket sent me over the edge with this family. It was giving me anxiety just watching it. Bonnie was just laughing and thought it was cute? I would kill my husband.

The disregard for the safety of their children this family has is definitely concerning. It sounded like Olivia and Cody went to the park by themselves the other day, too. I'm not a parent, but I couldn't imagine sending my little 5 and 7 year olds anywhere by themselves. And to ride around with a 12 month old in a bike basket that could very likely break at any moment? Just no. I love Bonnie and Joel, but I can't stand watching them put those sweet kids in danger.
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Deadhead_kay »

izzythecat wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:The baby in the basket sent me over the edge with this family. It was giving me anxiety just watching it. Bonnie was just laughing and thought it was cute? I would kill my husband.

The disregard for the safety of their children this family has is definitely concerning. It sounded like Olivia and Cody went to the park by themselves the other day, too. I'm not a parent, but I couldn't imagine sending my little 5 and 7 year olds anywhere by themselves. And to ride around with a 12 month old in a bike basket that could very likely break at any moment? Just no. I love Bonnie and Joel, but I can't stand watching them put those sweet kids in danger.
In the past it was mentioned that Olivia or Cody walked down the block by themselves (or something like that) and her excuse was that she lives in a safe neighborhood. I do not care how safe you believe your neighborhood is. That nice mormon husband with 4 kids next door could very well be a child molester, but yeah you would definitely know. She can defend it saying that's how she grew up and she wants them to have that same type of freedom, but no. I read too many cases of missing children to brush off that naivety.

The bike basket thing, I wouldn't usually care about honestly, but the basket looked so flimsy, and Lincoln's head was flopping with every jerk of the bike.
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
annaclinchwalsh963
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by annaclinchwalsh963 »

I confess one year the year he was turning 6 I thought my son's b day was the 12th not the 18th I argued with his father about it. He was born on his due date. I have never done it before or since with any child.
It can just happen and renovating and stuff will frazzle the most organized of mums.

Sent from my SM-T2105 using Tapatalk
RecklessDisregard
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by RecklessDisregard »

It's hard for me to get super judgy about safety. I had a 4-block radius on my bicycle at age 6-7, with no helmet, and realistically I went much further, because nobody was watching or even asked where I had been so long as I was home in time for dinner. I walked to and from the bus stop alone beginning in kindergarten. We also had the seat belts cut out from our family car. This was in the 80's. By the time my younger siblings were in elementary school in the late 90s, we had seat belts but definitely no car seats for non-infants, and they were allowed to walk 3/4 of a mile to the park, as were all the other local children. They also walked or biked to and from school. These were hardly the idyllic days of times long past; it's not like we're talking about Grandpa walking 10 miles to and from school, uphill, in the snow (unsupervised lol). Honestly none of the things people worry about here are bothersome to me. I thought Lincoln in the basket looked fun, he was having a blast and there are no safer hands to steer him than Joel's. I say this not because I want to argue with anyone (really, I don't), but because certain places on the internet can easily turn into echo chambers and people reading can get the idea that everyone agrees... I would hate for Bonnie or Joel to read this site and get the idea that everyone thinks they endanger their kids regularly, when I feel like it's obvious they love and take good care of their kids.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

It bothered me at first but then I thought Joel had him in there, he never would have put Lincoln in danger just to be funny. It must have been secure.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

nutbagmcgee wrote:It bothered me at first but then I thought Joel had him in there, he never would have put Lincoln in danger just to be funny. It must have been secure.
I don't think he was secure in the basket and he had no helmet on just like you would expect if he was in a child's bike seat which offers a layer of protection too. Honestly, it was just dumb parenting with regards to safety concerns.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
lalala
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lalala »

I wouldn't say the bike thing was extremely safe but I think it's being blown out of proportion. Joel was riding it slowly, in his backyard, over the grass, the bike was really low to the ground, which was grass and he was within arms reach. Even if the basket broke and he fell, I doubt he'd have anything serious happen. Now if it was an adult bike on the road, that would be a whole other story.

I'm very strict with safety, but I seriously think he has a greater chance of bring injured falling out of his crib or trying to climb a baby gate that falling out of that bike while being supervised.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lalala wrote:I wouldn't say the bike thing was extremely safe but I think it's being blown out of proportion. Joel was riding it slowly, in his backyard, over the grass, the bike was really low to the ground, which was grass and he was within arms reach. Even if the basket broke and he fell, I doubt he'd have anything serious happen. Now if it was an adult bike on the road, that would be a whole other story.

I'm very strict with safety, but I seriously think he has a greater chance of bring injured falling out of his crib or trying to climb a baby gate that falling out of that bike while being supervised.
I agree. Technically speaking, most physical play isn't safe. For me there's a grey area where sometimes the emotional benefits of fun and happiness outweigh the risk if its low. Did you see Linc's face? He was loving it. Like many others have said, if my husband had done it I would have watched for a sec to assess, but if he wasn't moving around, then I would have laughed and let them play for a second. You need to have some fun with your kids IMO.
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

All I could picture was the basket falling off and Lincoln getting run over. Those baskets aren't meant to hold ~20 lbs.

The risk GREATLY outweighs the reward here. Get the kid a bike seat if you want to take him for a bike ride. And a helmet.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ladymama wrote:All I could picture was the basket falling off and Lincoln getting run over. Those baskets aren't meant to hold ~20 lbs.

The risk GREATLY outweighs the reward here. Get the kid a bike seat if you want to take him for a bike ride. And a helmet.

Seriously! And he's not strapped in so if he attempted to stand up he would fall out and be ran over. I throw my kids in the air and do all kinds of fun things with them but this was a little over the top for me. It reminds me of the water skiing 8 month old I saw that went viral on Facebook.

MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

ladymama wrote:All I could picture was the basket falling off and Lincoln getting run over. Those baskets aren't meant to hold ~20 lbs.

Seriously! And he's not strapped in so if he attempted to stand up he would fall out and be ran over. I throw my kids in the air and do all kinds of fun things with them but this was a little over the top for me. It reminds me of the water skiing 8 month old I saw that went viral on Facebook.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lalala wrote:I wouldn't say the bike thing was extremely safe but I think it's being blown out of proportion. Joel was riding it slowly, in his backyard, over the grass, the bike was really low to the ground, which was grass and he was within arms reach. Even if the basket broke and he fell, I doubt he'd have anything serious happen. Now if it was an adult bike on the road, that would be a whole other story.

He actually would have been safer in a child bike seat without a helmet since the seat offers protection. Jackson was on his bike without a helmet recently and should have one on. These parents don't seem to be the brightest at times.

This was risky behavior with an infant in a basket and speed has nothing to do with it for example the bike hits and uneven spot and the goes over and their child hits his head it could be serious. Again dumb parenting and is Joel now creating moments for the vlogs.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

If Joel is unable to properly assess how secure a basket is and whether it's structurally sound enough to support a 20 pound child, then he really shouldn't have just finished a major renovation of their house!

The sanctimommyness on this board is so over the top lately.
lalala
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lalala »

It's a children's bike, not an ATV. Joel was struggling to pedal it so he was going slow, how could he run the baby over?

Throwing your children in the air is a lot more dangerous IMO. That type of fall could kill. The bike fall would at most injure him a little.

I feel like we're not watching the same video. Throwing children up in the air is a lot more dangerous than what I saw in that video.

Of course he would be safer in a helmet, in a child seat. He would be safer inside, playing in a playpen. He would be safer never riding a bike at all, never leaving the house.

Having lived in other countries where children don't wear helmets at all, I just don't see it as completely irresponsible in a normal setting such as children learning to ride bikes. This is not the norm everywhere and it's not a guarantee of no injury either. Not saying I wouldn't put a helmet on my child, just that it's not negligent not to in these conditions or half the world population is being negligent.

I know it happens to a lot of kids, but I don't know a single kid who has hit their head falling off a bike. I have seen several kids fall head first on the ground just tripping on their own feet while running. No one wears helmets fir running. The only times in my 30+ years of life I have ever hit my head was walking or running. Like I said, I know it happens, but the odds are not as high as everyone makes it seem.

Anyway, I understand where you are all coming from, wanting to protect your kids, but some customs like helmets are cultural. The perception of how dangerous something is can often be subjective depending on one's life experience. So I can also understand why Bonnie and Joel's would think that was safe or an acceptable risk.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

For fucks sake people love Bonnie so much nothing she does is ever questioned. Lol the kid is in a tiny basket not strapped in people can't admit it's dangerous just because it's Bonnie. If missy and Bryan had done that shit everybody would be all over them.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”