Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

kiwimumof-5
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Unread post by kiwimumof-5 »

aprilfromengland wrote:Poor linc, when he goes back to watch and realises that his mum chose to have his birthday a completely different day because it fitted with them better even though they got told his birthday was the 17th she chose not to check his birth certificate which to me is completely ridiculous that she has to do in the first place to know when her sons birthday! No his birthday is Saturday because that when she thought it was so that's what it's going to be.....Okayyy then!!!

Fair enough if she genuinely forgot for a moment we all have forgetful moments but the fact everyone told her it was the 17th and they are just choosing to have it on Saturday anyway...!Party fair enough but no happy birthday or acknowledgement on his actual birthday is just sad and laziness. Obviously Lincoln doesn't know anything but pretty shitty to look back on.
I thought she meant they were celebrating it saturday (which I think is fine) does she mean they will consider that to be his birthday? Oh :-/
I personally cant imagine forgetting any of my kid's birthdays, I remember their birthdates, weights, lengths, time of birth, head circumference (too bloody big, RIP my lady cave) so I do find it kind of weird

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk
Deadhead_kay
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Deadhead_kay »

Forgetting a kids birthday, completely understandable, some people just aren't good at dates. But it seems like they're just gonna act like Saturday is his true birthday and not even do something small for his actual birthday. He is just one though so it's not like he'll care, but it's very odd that they're so cavalier about this cause this is always the birthday parents make a big deal of(which i've never got tbh). If he's not super sensitive when he gets older, he's gonna see this vlog and just laugh, like wow mom's such a dork.
Just the opinion of an internet stranger. Don't take anything personally, for your own sake as well as mine.
sunflower928
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sunflower928 »

I can't give her a pass on not knowing what his birthday is. I love Bonnie and how real she is, but, you should know your kid's birthday. Come on.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

jesswhytho wrote:Not to make it personal but for the first 30 years of my grandfather's life he thought his birthday was Oct 23rd. He requested his birth certificate and found out he was actually Born on the 14th. His mom was wayyyy off. In her defence he was the youngest of 11. More than a couple times I've said my daughters birthday is the 11th, my due date, when it's really the 10th.. I thinks all just A case of Mom brain perhaps?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Exactly. My friend calls it BDFM-- Brain Dead From Motherhood. She wasn't blowing off his first birthday, misremembered the actual date. I know that if it was Ellie or Missy, I would totally be hating on her.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
chs6213
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by chs6213 »

I'm just surprised she didn't figure out when his birthday was when it was first mentioned. She said she'd pull out his birth certificate. But pretty sure she could have taken two seconds to look at the birth vlog or Instagram. That would've been a real quick way to figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

lmmomSD wrote:
jesswhytho wrote:Not to make it personal but for the first 30 years of my grandfather's life he thought his birthday was Oct 23rd. He requested his birth certificate and found out he was actually Born on the 14th. His mom was wayyyy off. In her defence he was the youngest of 11. More than a couple times I've said my daughters birthday is the 11th, my due date, when it's really the 10th.. I thinks all just A case of Mom brain perhaps?

Exactly. My friend calls it BDFM-- Brain Dead From Motherhood. She wasn't blowing off his first birthday, misremembered the actual date. I know that if it was Ellie or Missy, I would totally be hating on her.

We also have other reasons why we side-eye those fools though. They give themselves birthday weeks and months, and the kids get days. I don't even remember what Bonnie and Joel did for their birthdays this year, so the kids having small parties is at least celebrating equal.

Though I do agree, I might not have had a party on my son's birthday, but I would most definitely have had a few sentimental moments. I wonder if she still expected the birth cert to say the 19th and didn't actually believe she was wrong? I wouldn't be surprised to find her less cavalier about it in the next vlog.
kiwimumof-5
Informer
Informer

Kind of similar, and random, my husband's grandfather didnt find out he had a different birthdate, but he did find out he had a different surname...his father filled in his birth certificate and couldnt remember who the mother was, his wife or mistress ....

* his wife was Mary, they had three kids, he had four with Norma his mistress, then he left them both and ran off with Mary's best friend, and three more kids with her, Norma and her kids moved in with Mary and her kids and they probably spent their time sending prank telegrams to the dirty cheatin ex ...

lalala
Informer
Informer

Unread post by lalala »

Don't know how I feel about this one. If I were her I would want to know ASAP which one is the right date and I would do something small on the actual date. But I'm also the type of person who would take monthly pictures of the kids until they turned one.

I would think it would be more serious if she forgot it. It seems like she remembered it, but for some reason she remembered the wrong date. Lapses in memory like that happen and you don't realize you are doing anything "wrong" because you think you have the right date. Maybe she got the date confused from the start as has been repeating it doctor's appointments and such and it stuck in her head as the right date and this is the first opportunity where she realized she might be wrong.

Most of these Mormon women are not the greatest mothers so I guess I don't expect too much of them anyway...Bonnie seems to be a little better than average though.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by freshbalsam »

Greys Encyclopedia wrote:
formerctfxcer wrote:
Greys Encyclopedia wrote:What do y'all think about Jehovah's Witnesses not celebrating birthdays then? My grandparents are JW so they were never at my parties or said happy birthday to me (well my grandma jokes with me about it now and says hbd. She tells me not to tell anyone and laughs xD). I was never traumatized and neither was my mother who was raised JW. Yeah, Linc may grow up and be a little hurt or he may be like me and act offended but laugh his ass off at his own mother's forgetfulness. It's not like he's 3, 4, 5+ and expecting presents. Either way the party was planned for Saturday the 20th. She thought it was the 19th vs 17th.

And don't get me wrong, she shouldn't have forgotten. But you know what, I'm probably going to have to set reminders in my phone when I have kids just because I suck at remembering birthdays.

Joel's work idk. If he quit, I'm going to be very disappointed and hope that they don't change for the worse because of it.
I think there's a huge difference between choosing not to celebrate a birthday because of religious reasons vs just simply not knowing your son's birthday.

As far as HS' mention of her family texting her about his birthday...why would they? Most of them are full of themselves, not to mention the fact that there are SO many nieces/nephews/grandchildren that I highly doubt any one of them knows everyones birthdays.
I see what you mean, that's why I put in that I think Linc may just look back and laugh like I would. I could be completely wrong though. I guess we'll probably never know because yt will probably be gone by then.

To be completely honest, I don't think he'll care....to a degree. It's so obvious how much Bonnie and Joel love those kids that I don't think they'll look back and see them forgetting a birthday and feel like they're not loved. I'm sure he'd still feel hurt but not like they don't love him as much as the rest. Kwim?

Sorry if that makes no sense. My allergies have been acting up today and has caused my brain to turn to mush.
Sorry for the long quote tree, but they are still celebrating his birthday on Saturday. I think it would've been a different story if they flew threw the month of August without any recognition that it was his birthday. I agree, I can't put myself in the category where I'd forget my child's birthday, but granted that Saturday is the 20th, so either way he's getting a celebration. I do think it's weird that no family members said happy birthday, even if they are full of themselves.. What about the grandparents or Joel's side of the family?
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

I guess I'm in the minority here and can understand why she forgot. She's got 3 other kids to worry about and stressing over the renovations. I would probably forget too!!

zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

I guess I'm in the minority here and can understand why she forgot. She's got 3 other kids to worry about and stressing over the renovations. I would probably forget too!!

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

zipadeedodah wrote:I guess I'm in the minority here and can understand why she forgot. She's got 3 other kids to worry about and stressing over the renovations. I would probably forget too!!

Judging from the comments on her YT page, it seems a lot of people are saying that renovations aren't stressful, and that she shouldn't be so preoccupied with it. I think they forget the renovations took 3 weeks longer than planned!

Plus I don't know what kind of renovations these people have done in their homes, but renovations are absolutely stressful. You live in a mess for weeks, the kids miss out on time with dad (if he does the work), waiting for builders and supplies, it's expensive, etc... There's a reason why home renovations are a common cause of divorce Image
Vincere
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Vincere »

WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

The fact that she is laughing it off and is clearly not bothered that she forgot his birthday/getting defensive makes me not care. Like it totally happens and I did side eye like it is one thing to be like wait is it the 17th or 19th? but to legit have to pull out his birth certificate... I did a WTF Bonnie... BUT she laughed and made jokes about it and owned it so whatever. I imagine either way they always planned to celebrate on Saturday
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

Lincoln in the bike basket... so much no.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

It always kills me how little she expects of her babies. When he was crying for that food pouch she says "he's communicating with me!" Uh duh! He's a year old!
When he was six or seven months old she was surprised that he was looking at and playing with a toy.
It's like she expects him to stay a newborn blob.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

Oh and I forgot to add that I hate her rug! It looks like it's upside down. I know my style is very different than Bonnie's, but I just don't get that rug.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

It's crazy for people to say those renovations weren't stressful. She had NO KITCHEN. She made light of it, washing dishes in the bathroom sink, and being good natured, but 4 kids and no kitchen and having dust and noise all the time is definitely stressful.

kiwimumof-5
Informer
Informer

Well if those commenters have come over from E&J and Bumps the only renovations they have done are on their playhouse....

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

winniewise wrote:It always kills me how little she expects of her babies. When he was crying for that food pouch she says "he's communicating with me!" Uh duh! He's a year old!
When he was six or seven months old she was surprised that he was looking at and playing with a toy.
It's like she expects him to stay a newborn blob.

It is interesting how Ellie or Jared ignores or doesn't address negative comments, but it seems to Bonnie addresses them with an off handed response. I wonder if E & J reads their comments?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”