Great thread title!
notyomama
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Unread post by notyomama »

Lots of jobs here have shut down in December and July for about 2 weeks, particularly high impact jobs (factory, buildng etc) so maybe that's it?
dailycomplaining
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by dailycomplaining »

Personally, I really think Joel just took time off work. They themselves said they had all of this planned for a very long time and we know Joel wanted to do some of it himself so I'm pretty sure he took off. I would say if he's still not back at work after the renovations THEN we have something to speculate imo.
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

My speculation is maybe he accrued a ton of PTO hours somehow and is using them up now. But what do I know lol. I'll be disappointed if he really quit working though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

One of the main reasons I don't think it's just time off for the renovations is because of a vlog back in Dec. Bonnie got Joel's schedule for the entire year and said he was working for pretty much all holidays, birthdays, etc. I have looked but cant find the exact vlog.
And the renos were definitely not scheduled . Bonnie had also said before that they were supposed to do it slowly but then just bit the bullet and did it all at once.
aaaand after her surgery, Bonnie said Joel was meant to go back to work, but he was there the next day for Bostons birthday, and pretty much ever since.
It wouldnt hurt to simply say he is taking time off. They have said nothing so there is definitely something going on. Maybe he quit. Maybe he cut down hours. But it seems permanent to me...

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk
boredmamaneedsdrama
Informer
Informer

Unread post by boredmamaneedsdrama »

^ sorry double post, got my facts wrong lol. It was after Cody's birthday.

At 11:11 Bonnie says Joel is going back to work on Monday and things are back to normal.
The next video is the marshmallow challenge and then the very next vlog is Joel opening saying they're just sitting and relaxing! And he's been around ever since, so not really back to "normal"

Maybe there should be a "Joel quitting" thread haha.
DCarmen26
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by DCarmen26 »

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:One of the main reasons I don't think it's just time off for the renovations is because of a vlog back in Dec. Bonnie got Joel's schedule for the entire year and said he was working for pretty much all holidays, birthdays, etc. I have looked but cant find the exact vlog.
And the renos were definitely not scheduled . Bonnie had also said before that they were supposed to do it slowly but then just bit the bullet and did it all at once.
aaaand after her surgery, Bonnie said Joel was meant to go back to work, but he was there the next day for Bostons birthday, and pretty much ever since.
It wouldnt hurt to simply say he is taking time off. They have said nothing so there is definitely something going on. Maybe he quit. Maybe he cut down hours. But it seems permanent to me...

I just want to clarify, if I remember correctly, Bonnie said they usually do the renos slowly but since this was their kitchen (something they need on a daily basis) they decided to bite the bullet and do it all at once. I think she compared it to the downstairs, where you could just come upstairs and not see or have the renos be in the way, but you can't do that with an entire kitchen.

zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

Ok am I the only one who thinks it's creepy when Bonnie says "I just love their bodies!!!" constantly?! Of course as a mother myself, I get where she's coming from but she says is so much!

Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

How much longer is the renovation going to take?
parryhotter
Informer
Informer

Unread post by parryhotter »

zipadeedodah wrote:Ok am I the only one who thinks it's creepy when Bonnie says "I just love their bodies!!!" constantly?! Of course as a mother myself, I get where she's coming from but she says is so much!

Definitely! It's a little creepy to me, though I know where she's coming from! Lol. Just weird to hear someone say it out loud so much I guess!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I probably would have said something more along the lines of "I love their little faces", considering that Boston has such an expressive face, and they were getting their faces painted. I get where she's coming from, but yeah, it's a little weird. But look who her sister is. Ellie French kisses Calvin, ffs. That family definitely has weird body boundaries with their kids.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

If everyone gets where she's coming from, then I fail to see how it's creepy. Is the problem that it's too general and not more descriptive?

Its not considered creepy to say a baby's feet are cute or that their round tummy is.

I think it's sad that mom's and dad's can now be considered creepy just for expressing their love for their children. If it's something many of us think, then isn't it natural and therefor not creepy?
winniewise
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by winniewise »

HelloSweetie wrote:If everyone gets where she's coming from, then I fail to see how it's creepy. Is the problem that it's too general and not more descriptive?

Its not considered creepy to say a baby's feet are cute or that their round tummy is.

I think it's sad that mom's and dad's can now be considered creepy just for expressing their love for their children. If it's something many of us think, then isn't it natural and therefor not creepy?
My problem is just that the wording sounds weird. I've never heard that phrase before Bonnie and Ellie.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
chachismemories1
Talker
Talker

Unread post by chachismemories1 »

i think when we think of the words "I love thier body" we think of a different meaning. obviously that's not what Bonnie is saying but that's why it seem strange.
although I admit that I say strange things about my kids when I get consumed with their cuteness like "you're so cute I just want to eat you up!"
WTFoxtrot
Informer
Informer

Unread post by WTFoxtrot »

Towards the end of the last thread, there was some speculation about what Bonnie's "business/conference call" was all about. Some seemed to think it was about her signing with a network-- but is it possible that it was just about all the renovations going on around their house?
Maybe just getting all her contractors on the same page, possibly scheduling who's coming when, & who's following up whom? She said she felt alot better & more at ease when she was done with the call. I can imagine she's reaching the end of her rope with things are torn up the way they are!
It's all just speculation, but I'm really hoping that's all it was!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
kiwimumof-5
Informer
Informer

Unread post by kiwimumof-5 »

boredmamaneedsdrama wrote:One of the main reasons I don't think it's just time off for the renovations is because of a vlog back in Dec. Bonnie got Joel's schedule for the entire year and said he was working for pretty much all holidays, birthdays, etc. I have looked but cant find the exact vlog.

Hi, the vlog is Baby tractor bum, around the 3.20 onwards mark and yes, she said he will be working the kid's birthdays and their anniversary
ladymama
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by ladymama »

The way she squeals makes my ear drums cry.

Also, at the end I laughed because she said she got a "little" babysitter for the kids. She's definitely related to Ellie.

Love the colour they picked for the floors, I'm excited to see it all done. They are lucky to have such awesome neighbours!

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk
AutumnLane
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by AutumnLane »

Wow just looked at the comments section. People are beyond rude and immature. I hope to those rude comments are not coming from people here. The comments about her appearance somewhat ring a bell.

Show me someone who never gossips, and I'll show you someone who isn't interested in people. ~Barbara Walters
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

AutumnLane wrote:Wow just looked at the comments section. People are beyond rude and immature. I hope to those rude comments are not coming from people here. The comments about her appearance somewhat ring a bell.

I can't believe people would make comments about her appearance! She's gorgeous! I doubt that it's anyone in this thread. Pretty much everyone here loves her, even if we don't agree with everything she does.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

After todays video I do find it kind of weird that they aren't talking about Joel working at all. No mention of it. Bonnie is usually pretty transparent about stuff so I am surprised they are keeping it mum. It makes me think he really did quit his job.

Return to “Bonnie Hoellein”