• Advertisement
    

Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby tratra58 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:43 pm

ladymama wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
ladymama wrote:This thread is getting ridiculous. If you disagree with a choice made you're a sanctimommy and a perfect parent.

We almost need a separate thread for the people who want to critique B&J now and then, because God forbid it's done here.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk

I think the topic veered to kid safety and the discussion was terrific/respectful since you don't see negative comments with Bonnie often. She has a likeable personality and so does Joel. There is no such thing as the perfect parent and the point was a few cringed at this vlog when they saw the bike basket part.

Thanks for a good discussion everyone!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I love a good discussion! Unfortunately there were quite a few users who's opinion was nothing except "you're wrong, you're a sanctimony, you aren't perfect!"

There were a few great posts, but many that shot down opinions because Bonnie is queen. I just wish this thread could hold it together and discuss things without shooting other opinions down.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk


I predict Bonnie will get her fair share of criticism as time goes on. There are a few areas I question she records with her children and I think when Ellie's house is complete and their channel grows, It is possible they will eventually buy or build too. Ellie's house will be beautiful and spacious like all new homes. Joel not working will change the dynamics with their family going from a middle class blue collar worker (which many can relate to) who has a great work ethic to one who does repairs at home. I will miss this hard working Joel and it is possible he could move towards being like Jared with YouTube being a main source of family income.

I am really surprised at times I rethink my position with great points from others, other times it isn't going to happen.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:21 am
Has thanked: 13624 times
Been thanked: 6253 times

Advertisement

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby staceybrax » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:52 pm

I think bonnie just raises her kids in a very old school way, her kids live the childhood that I did. I grew up in a small country town and I walked to school from when I was in kindergarten (small town, short walk and quite streets) as did majority of the kids in my school and those who didn't caught a bus because they lived on farms. In summer we were out of the house from the moment we woke up until dinner time going between houses and playing with friends and going to the park (on our own ). My sister in law still lives in the town we all grew up in and her kids live the same lifestyle we all did as kids. I've moved away and live in the city so obviously I don't let my kids do those things. I've read too many crime novels to not be paranoid about kidnapping and murder anyway. Different people live different lifestyles based on where they live and how they were raised. At least Bonnies kids are sitting inside on an iPad all day long like a lot of kids.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
staceybrax
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 3950
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:20 pm
Has thanked: 3065 times
Been thanked: 10321 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby staceybrax » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:53 pm

I think bonnie just raises her kids in a very old school way, her kids live the childhood that I did. I grew up in a small country town and I walked to school from when I was in kindergarten (small town, short walk and quite streets) as did majority of the kids in my school and those who didn't caught a bus because they lived on farms. In summer we were out of the house from the moment we woke up until dinner time going between houses and playing with friends and going to the park (on our own ). My sister in law still lives in the town we all grew up in and her kids live the same lifestyle we all did as kids. I've moved away and live in the city so obviously I don't let my kids do those things. I've read too many crime novels to not be paranoid about kidnapping and murder anyway. Different people live different lifestyles based on where they live and how they were raised. At least Bonnies kids are sitting inside on an iPad all day long like a lot of kids.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
staceybrax
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 3950
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:20 pm
Has thanked: 3065 times
Been thanked: 10321 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby kiwimumof-5 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:14 pm

annaclinchwalsh963 wrote:I confess one year the year he was turning 6 I thought my son's b day was the 12th not the 18th I argued with his father about it. He was born on his due date. I have never done it before or since with any child.
It can just happen and renovating and stuff will frazzle the most organized of mums.


Sent from my SM-T2105 using Tapatalk

Not the same at all but nevermind, a random story
One year I looked at the calendar at work and saw it was the 9th, my dad's birthday!
Nevermind that it was 5pm, I was gonna ring him and say it was happy birthday
Ring ring
Dad-hello
Me- happy birthdayyyy!
Dad- but
Me -sings very loud, yet perfectly on key, version of Happy birthday
Dad- but
Me - dear daddddd happpyyyy birt
Dad- bu
Me -hdayyyy to youuuu
Dad- daughter
Me- what?
Dad-its not my birthday
Me- yes it is, it's the nineth!
Dad- yes it is, of July....my birthday is in February
Me- oh
Dad- and you forgot it
Me -ok bye

Ha, what a random novel, sorry :-P

Sent from my m2 using Tapatalk
kiwimumof-5
Informer
 
Posts: 270
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 5:53 pm
Has thanked: 3867 times
Been thanked: 980 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby lmmomSD » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:19 pm

actuallydear wrote:
yarahcr wrote:You act like you all are perfect parents judging bonnie over the littlest of things lmao

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

There's no happy medium here. It's either be on someone's dick, or run 'em to the ground.

A lot of it is just plain hypocrisy - judging others differently to the way we judge ourselves, or even other vlogger families - different rules for different players.

I find it fun to imagine how wild the boards would be going if Missy or even Ellie pulled half the shit Bonnie has said or done, that is spoken about on this board. Imagine if Missy couldn't remember Finn's birthday... Just close your eyes and imagine it.

I totally admit to being a hypocrite. I even said that if Missy or Ellie forgot their baby's birthday, I would be all over them. I agree that Bonnie gets a break on things because people like her. I also think she does some unsafe things. I have a hard time slamming her because I do like her. I admit that. But I also think that people on this thread have been respectful of dissenting opinions. Or at least of the people stating those opinions. Nobody is saying anyone is stupid or anything like that. The "sanctimommy" comments aren't really nice, but there aren't many of them.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 15135
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 82275 times
Been thanked: 72231 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby alym0326 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:40 pm

As someone who isn't the biggest Bonnie fan, I think both sides can be dismissive at times...

The Bonnie fans can give her passes because she's likeable or they themselves have done whatever it is she's being criticized for, while the other side can recognize that she's likeable, and not allow that to change their opinion of whatever she did being wrong/bad in their eyes. Both sides are entitled to their opinions, but have both been dismissive by the Bonnie fans saying that she just raises her children differently/grew up differently, giving her passes that we wouldn't give other youtubers, etc., or the people criticizing saying that the Bonnie fans are stuck up her ass, or minions. I agree with Actuallydear that there is no happy medium here. I wish we could all just accept everyone's opinions and engage in a discussion instead of dismissing the other sides opinion.

Anywho, I don't see a huge deal about Joel carrying Linc in the basket because of how slow he was going, and where he was. If it were on the road, that'd be a different story.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alym0326
Gossiper
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:23 pm
Has thanked: 553 times
Been thanked: 1882 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby alym0326 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:44 pm

lmmomSD wrote:
actuallydear wrote:
yarahcr wrote:You act like you all are perfect parents judging bonnie over the littlest of things lmao

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

There's no happy medium here. It's either be on someone's dick, or run 'em to the ground.

A lot of it is just plain hypocrisy - judging others differently to the way we judge ourselves, or even other vlogger families - different rules for different players.

I find it fun to imagine how wild the boards would be going if Missy or even Ellie pulled half the shit Bonnie has said or done, that is spoken about on this board. Imagine if Missy couldn't remember Finn's birthday... Just close your eyes and imagine it.

I totally admit to being a hypocrite. I even said that if Missy or Ellie forgot their baby's birthday, I would be all over them. I agree that Bonnie gets a break on things because people like her. I also think she does some unsafe things. I have a hard time slamming her because I do like her. I admit that. But I also think that people on this thread have been respectful of dissenting opinions. Or at least of the people stating those opinions. Nobody is saying anyone is stupid or anything like that. The "sanctimommy" comments aren't really nice, but there aren't many of them.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk


The difference is that there are people who don't admit to being hypocritical, I appreciate that you can admit that there are parenting choices you give Bonnie a pass for that you wouldn't think twice about ripping Ellie/missy apart for.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alym0326
Gossiper
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:23 pm
Has thanked: 553 times
Been thanked: 1882 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby westwuff » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:01 am

People keep pointing out that they like Bonnie and that's one of the reasons that she gets a pass on certain things. The reason other YouTubers don't get the same consideration is because they've consistently shown they hide things, distort the truth, and exploit their children. There hasn't been a pattern of this type of behavior made readily apparent in Bonnie's vlogs. Safety is important to me. I wouldn't have done what Joel did and my daughter always wears a helmet. But Joel rode the bike with Lincoln in the basket to have fun with his kid, not to show off for the vlog. That does make a difference when comparing vloggers.
westwuff
Gossiper
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:34 am
Has thanked: 339 times
Been thanked: 1301 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby Sarai » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:47 am

westwuff wrote:The reason other YouTubers don't get the same consideration is because they've consistently shown they hide things, distort the truth, and exploit their children. There hasn't been a pattern of this type of behavior made readily apparent in Bonnie's vlogs.


Is Bonnie all that different ? She's hiding the fact Joel quit his job (Let's be real people. No one has that much vacation time), and has used some questionable thumbnails. Bonnie isn't a saint. At the end of the day, she's still exploiting her kids like the rest of them.
User avatar
Sarai
Gossiper
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:37 pm
Has thanked: 1034 times
Been thanked: 2170 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby Sarai » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:48 am

westwuff wrote:The reason other YouTubers don't get the same consideration is because they've consistently shown they hide things, distort the truth, and exploit their children. There hasn't been a pattern of this type of behavior made readily apparent in Bonnie's vlogs.


Is Bonnie all that different ? She's hiding the fact Joel quit his job (Let's be real people. No one has that much vacation time), and has used some questionable thumbnails. Bonnie isn't a saint. At the end of the day, she's still exploiting her kids like the rest of them.
User avatar
Sarai
Gossiper
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:37 pm
Has thanked: 1034 times
Been thanked: 2170 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby BadWolf » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:05 am

Sarai wrote:
westwuff wrote:The reason other YouTubers don't get the same consideration is because they've consistently shown they hide things, distort the truth, and exploit their children. There hasn't been a pattern of this type of behavior made readily apparent in Bonnie's vlogs.


Is Bonnie all that different ? She's hiding the fact Joel quit his job (Let's be real people. No one has that much vacation time), and has used some questionable thumbnails. Bonnie isn't a saint. At the end of the day, she's still exploiting her kids like the rest of them.


Why is everyone pushing so hard? No one is trying to sell people on why they should be giving Bonnie a pass too. Most posters are saying they acknowledge her faults, but still like her. They are entitled to their opinion. I've seen you make this same post every few days. That's your opinion, but people are entitled to theirs as well.

Lets face it, if you look at it this way they are all guilty. We should just be hating on all vloggers all the time.
User avatar
BadWolf
Talker
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:44 am
Has thanked: 114 times
Been thanked: 974 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby Sarai » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:10 am

Really, because every time someone tries to criticize Bonnie, HelloSweetie or someone jumps in and shuts it down. This thread is basically a Kiss Bonnie's Ass thread. And yeah people come here to hate on vloggers or "snark". Wtf do you think a gossip forum is for? Calm down, granny!
User avatar
Sarai
Gossiper
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu May 23, 2013 3:37 pm
Has thanked: 1034 times
Been thanked: 2170 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby tratra58 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:39 am

lmmomSD wrote:
actuallydear wrote:
yarahcr wrote:You act like you all are perfect parents judging bonnie over the littlest of things lmao

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

There's no happy medium here. It's either be on someone's dick, or run 'em to the ground.

A lot of it is just plain hypocrisy - judging others differently to the way we judge ourselves, or even other vlogger families - different rules for different players.

I find it fun to imagine how wild the boards would be going if Missy or even Ellie pulled half the shit Bonnie has said or done, that is spoken about on this board. Imagine if Missy couldn't remember Finn's birthday... Just close your eyes and imagine it.

I totally admit to being a hypocrite. I even said that if Missy or Ellie forgot their baby's birthday, I would be all over them. I agree that Bonnie gets a break on things because people like her. I also think she does some unsafe things. I have a hard time slamming her because I do like her. I admit that. But I also think that people on this thread have been respectful of dissenting opinions. Or at least of the people stating those opinions. Nobody is saying anyone is stupid or anything like that. The "sanctimommy" comments aren't really nice, but there aren't many of them.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I absolutely agree where I've seen posted messages respectful of other's opinions. It is a message board for goodness sakes where you find opposite view points.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:21 am
Has thanked: 13624 times
Been thanked: 6253 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby tratra58 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:51 am

Sarai wrote:
westwuff wrote:The reason other YouTubers don't get the same consideration is because they've consistently shown they hide things, distort the truth, and exploit their children. There hasn't been a pattern of this type of behavior made readily apparent in Bonnie's vlogs.


Is Bonnie all that different ? She's hiding the fact Joel quit his job (Let's be real people. No one has that much vacation time), and has used some questionable thumbnails. Bonnie isn't a saint. At the end of the day, she's still exploiting her kids like the rest of them.

I think it was interesting Bonnie's response where you could see she had her son's wrong birthday pointed out in the comments negatively. I think it was the first time she was called out and it bothered her. It is strange Joel just doesn't say he quit his job. Perhaps he is adjusting to the fact his wife is their main source of income. I agree they are no different than other vloggers.
tratra58 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
actuallydear wrote:[quote="yarahcr"]You act like you all are perfect parents judging bonnie over the littlest of things lmao

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

There's no happy medium here. It's either be on someone's dick, or run 'em to the ground.

A lot of it is just plain hypocrisy - judging others differently to the way we judge ourselves, or even other vlogger families - different rules for different players.

I find it fun to imagine how wild the boards would be going if Missy or even Ellie pulled half the shit Bonnie has said or done, that is spoken about on this board. Imagine if Missy couldn't remember Finn's birthday... Just close your eyes and imagine it.

I totally admit to being a hypocrite. I even said that if Missy or Ellie forgot their baby's birthday, I would be all over them. I agree that Bonnie gets a break on things because people like her. I also think she does some unsafe things. I have a hard time slamming her because I do like her. I admit that. But I also think that people on this thread have been respectful of dissenting opinions. Or at least of the people stating those opinions. Nobody is saying anyone is stupid or anything like that. The "sanctimommy" comments aren't really nice, but there aren't many of them.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I absolutely agree where I've seen posted messages respectful of other's opinions. It is a message board for goodness sakes where you find opposite view points.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk[/quote]


Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2175
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:21 am
Has thanked: 13624 times
Been thanked: 6253 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby nutbagmcgee » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:13 am

alym0326 wrote:
The difference is that there are people who don't admit to being hypocritical, I appreciate that you can admit that there are parenting choices you give Bonnie a pass for that you wouldn't think twice about ripping Ellie/missy apart for.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Why does it even matter if people admit to being hypocritical? You think they are hypocrites, why do they have to agree with your opinion?


I like Bonnie, I like Joel, I do give them passes because the good outweighs the bad. No one is perfect. I think she is a good (but old school) mom. Can I say that about Missy and Ellie. Absolutely not.
She adores her kids, they are clean, well loved, she does things with them, she lets them be kids.
She also sucks at car seat safety, feeds them junk all the time and lets them roam the neighborhood.

I am sure if we all put You Tube videos up of ourselves, each one of us would find flaws in another. I am uber anal about car seat safety and feed my kids well but I yell at my kids. You may be lax about car seat safety and feed your children Lunchables daily but act like Mary Poppins. Would my good outweigh my bad? Who knows? Would yours?

Do Bonnies good mom moments outweigh her bad?
Do Missys?
Do Ellies?
nutbagmcgee
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 3637
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:04 pm
Has thanked: 8267 times
Been thanked: 14880 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby nutbagmcgee » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:47 am

Dailybuzz24 wrote:No auntie Ellie or Jared at Lincolns birthday party thing in the park. No the rest of family.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk



Ellie and Jared had to get family pictures, their schedules are so jammed packed that Saturday is the only day they could do it. Duh.

I enjoyed todays vlog, no shrieking or yelling. Just a relaxed day enjoying baby Lincs birthday.
nutbagmcgee
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 3637
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:04 pm
Has thanked: 8267 times
Been thanked: 14880 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby MommaLindsey2 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:17 am

Ok seriously I wish Bonnie would lower the crib mattress! He is going to climb out and fall on his head! Look she asked him if he wanted out and he was able to get a leg up without even trying. Ugh you are supposed to lower it as soon or before they start pulling up. Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2286
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:13 am
Has thanked: 2396 times
Been thanked: 12707 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby chipmunks » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:19 am

MommaLindsey2 wrote:Ok seriously I wish Bonnie would lower the crib mattress! He is going to climb out and fall on his head! Look she asked him if he wanted out and he was able to get a leg up without even trying. Ugh you are supposed to lower it as soon or before they start pulling up. Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I hope you posted this before you finished the video because she mentions Joel lowered it and showed it lowered in the video.
chipmunks
Informer
 
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:10 pm
Has thanked: 143 times
Been thanked: 1344 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby BadWolf » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:24 am

Sarai wrote:Really, because every time someone tries to criticize Bonnie, HelloSweetie or someone jumps in and shuts it down. This thread is basically a Kiss Bonnie's Ass thread. And yeah people come here to hate on vloggers or "snark". Wtf do you think a gossip forum is for? Calm down, granny!


So basically what you are saying is that you want to say your opinion and have the other side shut up. That's not a discussion, that's a one sided argument. If the majority agrees, then that tends to be the way the discussion goes.

Like I said, both sides are entitled to their opinion.
User avatar
BadWolf
Talker
 
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:44 am
Has thanked: 114 times
Been thanked: 974 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby MommaLindsey2 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:26 am

chipmunks wrote:
MommaLindsey2 wrote:Ok seriously I wish Bonnie would lower the crib mattress! He is going to climb out and fall on his head! Look she asked him if he wanted out and he was able to get a leg up without even trying. Ugh you are supposed to lower it as soon or before they start pulling up. Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I hope you posted this before you finished the video because she mentions Joel lowered it and showed it lowered in the video.


yes I did. I saw they lowered it when I got further in the video. It is way to late though, thankfully he never fell and hurt himself before now.
My 9 month old is a little crazy and practically climbs out of his pack n play so he would have fallen out of there before now if his crib were like that. I do really like Bonnie I just side eye her safety concerns sometimes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2286
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:13 am
Has thanked: 2396 times
Been thanked: 12707 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby Carolina » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:28 am

I really like her haircut it looks cute. Olivia has those moments where I find her annoying, when she was all over Lincoln's gift jaja is that age. I miss Boston's raspy voice.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Image
Carolina
Amateur
 
Posts: 95
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:23 pm
Has thanked: 268 times
Been thanked: 580 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby Lurkerbert » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:36 am

I know they are only kids, but I wish Bonnie and Joel would teach the kids some manners about opening other people's gifts. The snatching and screaming / whining was too much, I actually turned it off.
Lurkerbert
Amateur
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:56 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 67 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby izzythecat » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:11 am

I absolutely loved Lincoln's simple birthday party at the park. You can tell Joel's dad just loves Lincoln so much. I didn't see it as big deal that she "forgot" his birthday because most people celebrate birthdays on the weekend anyways. I was so glad obnoxious, self absorbed Ellie and Jared didn't make an appearance. I love that Bonnie always ends the kids birthday vlogs with each kid saying what they love about the birthday kid.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
izzythecat
Talker
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 976 times
Been thanked: 1221 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby alym0326 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:52 am

nutbagmcgee wrote:
alym0326 wrote:
The difference is that there are people who don't admit to being hypocritical, I appreciate that you can admit that there are parenting choices you give Bonnie a pass for that you wouldn't think twice about ripping Ellie/missy apart for.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Why does it even matter if people admit to being hypocritical? You think they are hypocrites, why do they have to agree with your opinion?


I like Bonnie, I like Joel, I do give them passes because the good outweighs the bad. No one is perfect. I think she is a good (but old school) mom. Can I say that about Missy and Ellie. Absolutely not.
She adores her kids, they are clean, well loved, she does things with them, she lets them be kids.
She also sucks at car seat safety, feeds them junk all the time and lets them roam the neighborhood.

I am sure if we all put You Tube videos up of ourselves, each one of us would find flaws in another. I am uber anal about car seat safety and feed my kids well but I yell at my kids. You may be lax about car seat safety and feed your children Lunchables daily but act like Mary Poppins. Would my good outweigh my bad? Who knows? Would yours?

Do Bonnies good mom moments outweigh her bad?
Do Missys?
Do Ellies?


Sorry, I wasn't trying to say that people need to agree with my opinion or anything. What I was mainly trying to say about the hypocritical thing is that it can at times be frustrating that some people will dismiss things Bonnie's done, that they previously nagged Ellie or missy about. I.e., Jackson being in their front area by himself vs Boston being in the front area by himself. Do you know what I mean?

There are many people here who like Bonnie, that admit that she has faults, like HelloSweetie for example. But there are a few that don't.

I think everyone is allowed to have their own opinion about Bonnie, and I respect that. I just wish both sides were allowed to express it more freely without either side trying to shut it down. KWIM?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alym0326
Gossiper
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:23 pm
Has thanked: 553 times
Been thanked: 1882 times

Re: Bonnie and Joel: Don't Call Me Bud - Part 5

Postby alym0326 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:53 am

nutbagmcgee wrote:
alym0326 wrote:
The difference is that there are people who don't admit to being hypocritical, I appreciate that you can admit that there are parenting choices you give Bonnie a pass for that you wouldn't think twice about ripping Ellie/missy apart for.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Why does it even matter if people admit to being hypocritical? You think they are hypocrites, why do they have to agree with your opinion?


I like Bonnie, I like Joel, I do give them passes because the good outweighs the bad. No one is perfect. I think she is a good (but old school) mom. Can I say that about Missy and Ellie. Absolutely not.
She adores her kids, they are clean, well loved, she does things with them, she lets them be kids.
She also sucks at car seat safety, feeds them junk all the time and lets them roam the neighborhood.

I am sure if we all put You Tube videos up of ourselves, each one of us would find flaws in another. I am uber anal about car seat safety and feed my kids well but I yell at my kids. You may be lax about car seat safety and feed your children Lunchables daily but act like Mary Poppins. Would my good outweigh my bad? Who knows? Would yours?

Do Bonnies good mom moments outweigh her bad?
Do Missys?
Do Ellies?


Sorry, I wasn't trying to say that people need to agree with my opinion or anything. What I was mainly trying to say about the hypocritical thing is that it can at times be frustrating that some people will dismiss things Bonnie's done, that they previously nagged Ellie or missy about. I.e., Jackson being in their front area by himself vs Boston being in the front area by himself. Do you know what I mean?

There are many people here who like Bonnie, that admit that she has faults, like HelloSweetie for example. But there are a few that don't.

I think everyone is allowed to have their own opinion about Bonnie, and I respect that. I just wish both sides were allowed to express it more freely without either side trying to shut it down. KWIM?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
alym0326
Gossiper
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:23 pm
Has thanked: 553 times
Been thanked: 1882 times

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Bonnie Hoellein

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users