• Advertisement
    

theJKtoday

Re: theJKtoday

Postby cottonblossom » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:43 am

calliepaige84 wrote:I couldn't handle the bad acting about the boy girl party omg

You can tell Kelly was mouthing lines to M.

That made me cringe. It was wayyy obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cottonblossom
Amateur
 
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 12:14 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 91 times

Advertisement

Re: theJKtoday

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:02 pm

cottonblossom wrote:
calliepaige84 wrote:I couldn't handle the bad acting about the boy girl party omg

You can tell Kelly was mouthing lines to M.

That made me cringe. It was wayyy obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


this was seriously the WORST acting for a vlog i have ever seen. So fake and cringy. I'm SURE Maddi loves doing things like that for the vlog. :roll:
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 6147
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 9896 times
Been thanked: 38057 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby askeptichere » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:58 pm

I'm actually surprised Madelyn is so into vlogging with her family. She's at an age where peer pressure is at a max, and middle schoolers are ruthless. I can't imagine kids at her school would think it's cool. Though good for her if she can ignore criticism.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1528
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 3228 times
Been thanked: 7496 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby ewokfan11 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:25 pm

I wish they would STOP vlogging. It's obvious the kids - especially the girls - HATE IT! They have BOTH asked to stop being filmed on many occasions, but Kelly keeps rolling. That's just mean and bad parenting. If your kid doesn't want to be EXPLOITED for $$$ and be on YT and SAYS STOP, then FUCKING STOP!!!!

I don't understand why she's even doing this YT thing. Does her husband want to be a STAY AT HOME LOSER like Cullen????
ewokfan11
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:00 am
Has thanked: 1179 times
Been thanked: 8211 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby askeptichere » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:03 pm

Kelley is bored. Emily is in school full time now, so she has nothing better to do.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1528
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 3228 times
Been thanked: 7496 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby lmmomSD » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:48 pm

I thought "the floor is lava" was (thankfully) dead...
And those waffles looked gross. You add sprinkles at the end, I believe... And when the "sprinkles" are basically colored sugar, of course they are going to "melt".

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 14802
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 79302 times
Been thanked: 70569 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby askeptichere » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:43 am

It is SO irresponsible and dangerous for Kelly to let her kids go up to their neighbors' dog to pet when the dog's owners are not present. Twice now the dog nipped at the kids. Even the nicest dog can be unpredictable when strangers enter their territory. If I had neighborhood kids enter my yard to pet my dog, I'd be pissed, and talk to their parents. We have a very gentle lab, and I know he wouldn't do anything but be friendly, but the next dog they go to pet may not be as nice.

They keep saying they're getting an invisible fence for Soca. Do the neighbors have an invisible fence? Because trapping Soca in their yard does nothing if another dog is free to enter.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1528
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 3228 times
Been thanked: 7496 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby snarkygrl33 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:11 pm

So I'm a little confused about today's vlog....

In one clip you see Kelley and Emily walking up the stairs to find the disaster of a playroom, and Bennett is MIA.

Then she asks the friend's kid where Bennett is, he seems like he doesn't know. He tells her where he saw him last. I wondered if they made that mess and the kid was covering for Bennett. If so, why didn't get call Bennett out in the vlog too? Or maybe he broke the playstation game? Or Maybe Bennett was hiding because he didn't want Kelley to make him let Emily play with them. (Why couldn't she play something else?)

And in the next clip, they confront him about lying? That seemed a little harsh to me.

Don't get me wrong I think it's important to teach children to be respectful to all elders, but it kinda seemed like that poor kid took one for the team. I think that should've been handled OFF camera, since he is not their kid. The camera should've been turned off the moment they realized Bennett was MIA. They must've edited a lot out. I hope the kid and his parents are ok with the edited version.

Am I totally missing something?
snarkygrl33
Amateur
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:11 pm
Has thanked: 31 times
Been thanked: 103 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby nutbagmcgee » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:18 am

I keep trying but I can’t take Kelley’s voice. Even Jay has a voice that grates my nerves.
nutbagmcgee
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 3581
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:04 pm
Has thanked: 7899 times
Been thanked: 14493 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby NCSUchick27 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:02 am

Jay bought a new Mercedes. They acted like Kelly didn’t know he was going to go buy it, but that she knew he was thinking about it. It was probably all staged for the vlog. If my husband went and bought a car without me I would kill him.

Kelly said that it will be Madeline’s car when she turns 16 in 4 years. A 16 year old driving a fairly new Mercedes is crazy to me, but I am sure it is pretty normal in their social circle. She talked about how Katie and Jay both had a Mercedes passed down to them for their first cars.

I am not a car person, but I think buying a luxury car is a huge waste of money. My Hyundai gets me from point A to point B too and it was less than half the price of that Mercedes. The Mercedes is nice, but there are other things I would rather spend my money on.
NCSUchick27
Amateur
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:36 am
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby lmmomSD » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:16 am

NCSUchick27 wrote:Jay bought a new Mercedes. They acted like Kelly didn’t know he was going to go buy it, but that she knew he was thinking about it. It was probably all staged for the vlog. If my husband went and bought a car without me I would kill him.

Kelly said that it will be Madeline’s car when she turns 16 in 4 years. A 16 year old driving a fairly new Mercedes is crazy to me, but I am sure it is pretty normal in their social circle. She talked about how Katie and Jay both had a Mercedes passed down to them for their first cars.

I am not a car person, but I think buying a luxury car is a huge waste of money. My Hyundai gets me from point A to point B too and it was less than half the price of that Mercedes. The Mercedes is nice, but there are other things I would rather spend my money on.
I'm kinda with you on that. Jake Paul just bought a Lamborghini. BASE price on that is $447,000. With no add-ons. I can't understand letting a 16 year old drive a Mercedes. The insurance alone is going to be insane. I saw a kid the other day who obviously was 16, but didn't look like he could even shave (the testosterone fairy hasn't visited yet) and he was driving a Nissan 350 Z convertible. Crazy. I am definitely with you on the luxury cars. It's just going to depreciate. And it's just to show off. If it was for safety features like a Volvo or Subaru, that's one thing. But just because it's a Mercedes or BMW? Nope. Better things to spend money on. And I am sure Kelly knew he was going to buy it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 14802
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 79302 times
Been thanked: 70569 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby Caisflame » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:36 am

I don't have a problem with people buying luxury cars. If I had the money sitting around I'd probably get one too. I certainly enjoy finer things. But for a 16 year old, a new driver...no way.
User avatar
Caisflame
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:44 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 2439 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby anich177 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:53 am

The thing is Jay got the C300 which is the cheapest mercedes they make. MSRP for the 2018 is around $40,000 so they probably were able to get it for around $30,000-$35,000 because it's probably the 2017 model. That's the amount my parents paid for their honda accord so I mean it just comes down to reliability and one of them being a status symbol. Plus by the time Madeline gets that car it'll pretty much worthless, at max it would be worth half of what they paid for it. Idk I just never saw the big deal with new drivers having luxury cars especially when they're not brand new and have been driven for a few years before they got it. But to each their own I guess :?
anich177
Amateur
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:07 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby thenightowl » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:53 am

Have they explained why Madelyne sleeps in Emily's room? I don't know why it bothers me so much (probably because she has her own room so it doesn't make sense)
User avatar
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1737
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:55 am
Has thanked: 2788 times
Been thanked: 5183 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby workfromhomemom » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:34 am

thenightowl wrote:Have they explained why Madelyne sleeps in Emily's room? I don't know why it bothers me so much (probably because she has her own room so it doesn't make sense)


They did awhile back. Something like Emily was having g issues sleeping in her room alone and Maelyne liked the company too.
workfromhomemom
Gossiper
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:39 am
Has thanked: 1789 times
Been thanked: 3913 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby askeptichere » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:17 am

I think I'd watch more than one vlog a week if Kelly stopped filming Emily. That girl is so apathetic and over everything in life at age 6. I just want to shake her and yell "does anything make you genuinely happy!?" I can get past Kelly's slow sing-songy voice, but Emily just makes me go "UGH."
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1528
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 3228 times
Been thanked: 7496 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby Caisflame » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:00 pm

I know not too many people here love them, but lately I've enjoyed watching them more than I do C&K. It's more relatable to me to see Kelley with older children, shuffling them too and from their different functions, getting homework done, cooking dinners. I love her "Kelleys in the kitchen" videos. They'll have a few videos here and there targeted at kids but in general I feel like they don't pander to children as much. As an adult I enjoy watching them.
User avatar
Caisflame
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:44 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 2439 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby askeptichere » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:48 pm

Defuego wrote:I know not too many people here love them, but lately I've enjoyed watching them more than I do C&K. It's more relatable to me to see Kelley with older children, shuffling them too and from their different functions, getting homework done, cooking dinners. I love her "Kelleys in the kitchen" videos. They'll have a few videos here and there targeted at kids but in general I feel like they don't pander to children as much. As an adult I enjoy watching them.

Same here. Kelly’s voice still drives me crazy, and I skip over anything with Emily, but they’re so much more relatable.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1528
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 3228 times
Been thanked: 7496 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby lovingthisforum » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:53 pm

Me too, I find them warmer and cozier to watch.
lovingthisforum
Talker
 
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:03 am
Has thanked: 1643 times
Been thanked: 595 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby Ducklings4 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:51 pm

I like them. Her kids act like kids. They give her a bit of sass now and then. Jay is better on his own channel with just his family and their friends. I do laugh when they vlog with C and K that they can get their vlog up on time after she has fed kids and driven them to school, but Cullen does not. C &K better step up their act. I like them as well, but Kelly has her act together.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Gossiper
 
Posts: 891
Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 517 times
Been thanked: 4823 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby lmmomSD » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:39 pm

I think Kelly seems happier too.

Katie complains a lot. And it's just not relatable. It's not because they live in a nice house, or anything like that. It's that the stuff she complains about shouldn't be an issue. Like that tweet about being able to take an uninterrupted shower and shave her legs-- shouldn't she be able to do that anytime? Her husband works from home. She can't say "Watch the kids. I am taking a shower"? But Kelly just seems to get it done. And Jay isn't home all the time. And the moms who respond to Katie don't seem to think about the fact that her husband is home. They're all "Oh, I know what you mean!" Well, yeah, because most of them probably have husbands who work outside the home.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 14802
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 79302 times
Been thanked: 70569 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby askeptichere » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:25 am

Holy cow, that interaction between Madeline and her best friend was so incredibly awkward. I can’t believe her middle schooler is ok with being filmed for the internet to see.

And Kelley, it’s “birthday.” Not “bertday.”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1528
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 3228 times
Been thanked: 7496 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby Playsinrain » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:39 am

I don't watch them often but i went and watched the first 5 or so mins of her post op vlog just bc i was curious to see her incisions (yep im weird lol) but why does Jay look so sloppy ALL the time? Every vlog i have ever seen him in he looks sloppy and unkempt, bags under his eyes, 5 oclock shadow, his hair looks like a hot mess, his clothing always looks like he picked it up off the floor and just threw it on.... Even in the few vlogs where he's coming home from work he looks like he just rolled out of bed with business attire on. Maybe he's just living up to that DUI lawyer stereotype, but i would be turned off by him professionally if he showed up to work looking the way he does on the daily. Everyone claims that Cullen looks like he's a heavy drinker, but if you stood them side by side i would say Jay is the alcoholic, just by the way he looks all the time. At least Cullen looks like he showers daily and cares about his appearance, Jay constantly looks like someone scraped him off the bottom of their shoe. So off putting.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 6147
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 9896 times
Been thanked: 38057 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby askeptichere » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:38 pm

Playsinrain wrote:I don't watch them often but i went and watched the first 5 or so mins of her post op vlog just bc i was curious to see her incisions (yep im weird lol) but why does Jay look so sloppy ALL the time? Every vlog i have ever seen him in he looks sloppy and unkempt, bags under his eyes, 5 oclock shadow, his hair looks like a hot mess, his clothing always looks like he picked it up off the floor and just threw it on.... Even in the few vlogs where he's coming home from work he looks like he just rolled out of bed with business attire on. Maybe he's just living up to that DUI lawyer stereotype, but i would be turned off by him professionally if he showed up to work looking the way he does on the daily. Everyone claims that Cullen looks like he's a heavy drinker, but if you stood them side by side i would say Jay is the alcoholic, just by the way he looks all the time. At least Cullen looks like he showers daily and cares about his appearance, Jay constantly looks like someone scraped him off the bottom of their shoe. So off putting.

Jay looks like a guy who works a demanding job with long hours. In a recent vlog he said he was up at 4am for work, then got home for dinner AND actually helped Kelley take down Christmas decorations and haul them to storage. His receding hairline doesn't help matters, and that combover does needs to go. It's not fair to compare Jay to Cullen. Jay's 5 years older, and works an actual job. Cullen is younger and plays at home all day.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1528
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 3228 times
Been thanked: 7496 times

Re: theJKtoday

Postby Playsinrain » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:09 pm

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:I don't watch them often but i went and watched the first 5 or so mins of her post op vlog just bc i was curious to see her incisions (yep im weird lol) but why does Jay look so sloppy ALL the time? Every vlog i have ever seen him in he looks sloppy and unkempt, bags under his eyes, 5 oclock shadow, his hair looks like a hot mess, his clothing always looks like he picked it up off the floor and just threw it on.... Even in the few vlogs where he's coming home from work he looks like he just rolled out of bed with business attire on. Maybe he's just living up to that DUI lawyer stereotype, but i would be turned off by him professionally if he showed up to work looking the way he does on the daily. Everyone claims that Cullen looks like he's a heavy drinker, but if you stood them side by side i would say Jay is the alcoholic, just by the way he looks all the time. At least Cullen looks like he showers daily and cares about his appearance, Jay constantly looks like someone scraped him off the bottom of their shoe. So off putting.

Jay looks like a guy who works a demanding job with long hours. In a recent vlog he said he was up at 4am for work, then got home for dinner AND actually helped Kelley take down Christmas decorations and haul them to storage. His receding hairline doesn't help matters, and that combover does needs to go. It's not fair to compare Jay to Cullen. Jay's 5 years older, and works an actual job. Cullen is younger and plays at home all day.

I wasn’t basing what I said on work ethic or motivation. I’m admittedly saying all this about the way he physically presents himself. Plenty of men and women work long hours in a business setting and still look presentable and professional. Jay just doesn’t. He always just looks disheveled and sloppy. He is representing his professionalism as a lawyer through his appearance, and it’s lacking.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 6147
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 9896 times
Been thanked: 38057 times

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Cullen and Katie

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

  • Advertisement