• Advertisement
    

C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby RootBeerFloatie » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:46 pm

I tend to agree that Katie is getting demonized a little too much. How many men Cullen's age still act like little kids? It's not unreasonable for her to have expected him to mature into a responsible family man, because I think most men do. I still think there's substance abuse and some infidelity issues in their marriage as well.

I do think she's unreasonable for not providing for her family though. Why get a degree that you aren't going to use? She needs to step and be a responsible parent and adult, but I just can't totally demonize her for resenting Cullen. I think there's a lot behind the scenes of their marriage that we don't know. I've never liked either of them but she didn't treat Cullen like this in their past, and I think there must have been a turning point where the immaturity and goofing off became too much to take.

Yeah she's a bitch and a shitty wife and mother, but he's an equally shitty husband and father so...
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1685
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:46 pm
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 10349 times

Advertisement

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby HelloSweetie » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:26 pm

RootBeerFloatie wrote:I tend to agree that Katie is getting demonized a little too much. How many men Cullen's age still act like little kids? It's not unreasonable for her to have expected him to mature into a responsible family man, because I think most men do. I still think there's substance abuse and some infidelity issues in their marriage as well.

I do think she's unreasonable for not providing for her family though. Why get a degree that you aren't going to use? She needs to step and be a responsible parent and adult, but I just can't totally demonize her for resenting Cullen. I think there's a lot behind the scenes of their marriage that we don't know. I've never liked either of them but she didn't treat Cullen like this in their past, and I think there must have been a turning point where the immaturity and goofing off became too much to take.

Yeah she's a bitch and a shitty wife and mother, but he's an equally shitty husband and father so...


In a marriage it doesn’t have to be something big that change things. Resentment grows over time and if Katie is keeping score, and we can see that she does, then everything she does that Cullen should have he’s added to the resentment list. Anger grows. This is fairly common when you have been with someone for years and dynamics become a habit and every fight follows the same pattern.

We have no proof that Cullen has any more of a substance abuse problem than Katie does. Or that he’s cheated on her. If he has, she doesn’t get to be a bitch about it for the rest of their lives. She could have left and learned to stand on her own two feet. She’s absolutely doing to her demonized by me for handling things the way she has. She is dismissive, condescending and very passive aggressive towards Cullen. He appears to just be taking it in order to keep the peace. That actually is a sign of maturity, and what Katie is doing is childish. We are comparing apples to oranges but neither one is exactly being an adult here.

Bottom line, they both need to grow up, but Katie gets more heat from me because she appears to be the one trying to maintain a status quo that Cullen recognizes is a problem. Cullen is struggling, and Katie should be more supportive. “In sickness and in health” includes mental health. He supported her when she struggled and didn’t rub it in her face.... now it’s her turn to do the same and she’s competing with him!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 12771
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 14137 times
Been thanked: 59757 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:42 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:
RootBeerFloatie wrote:I tend to agree that Katie is getting demonized a little too much. How many men Cullen's age still act like little kids? It's not unreasonable for her to have expected him to mature into a responsible family man, because I think most men do. I still think there's substance abuse and some infidelity issues in their marriage as well.

I do think she's unreasonable for not providing for her family though. Why get a degree that you aren't going to use? She needs to step and be a responsible parent and adult, but I just can't totally demonize her for resenting Cullen. I think there's a lot behind the scenes of their marriage that we don't know. I've never liked either of them but she didn't treat Cullen like this in their past, and I think there must have been a turning point where the immaturity and goofing off became too much to take.

Yeah she's a bitch and a shitty wife and mother, but he's an equally shitty husband and father so...


In a marriage it doesn’t have to be something big that change things. Resentment grows over time and if Katie is keeping score, and we can see that she does, then everything she does that Cullen should have he’s added to the resentment list. Anger grows. This is fairly common when you have been with someone for years and dynamics become a habit and every fight follows the same pattern.

We have no proof that Cullen has any more of a substance abuse problem than Katie does. Or that he’s cheated on her. If he has, she doesn’t get to be a bitch about it for the rest of their lives. She could have left and learned to stand on her own two feet. She’s absolutely doing to her demonized by me for handling things the way she has. She is dismissive, condescending and very passive aggressive towards Cullen. He appears to just be taking it in order to keep the peace. That actually is a sign of maturity, and what Katie is doing is childish. We are comparing apples to oranges but neither one is exactly being an adult here.

Bottom line, they both need to grow up, but Katie gets more heat from me because she appears to be the one trying to maintain a status quo that Cullen recognizes is a problem. Cullen is struggling, and Katie should be more supportive. “In sickness and in health” includes mental health. He supported her when she struggled and didn’t rub it in her face.... now it’s her turn to do the same and she’s competing with him!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



Yes, exactly.

Also when they were into the love language book not too long ago we saw Cullen bending over backwards to try to speak her love language, but Katie did next to nothing to speak Cullen’s love language.
Cullen has opened up about wanting to change, Katie just tries to one up whatever he says.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 2411
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:38 pm
Has thanked: 418 times
Been thanked: 9501 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby rdt1004 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:53 pm

Why are we not talking about the thing they pulled out of Cullen's face? I'm horrified and fascinating. My guilty pleasure is pimple popping videos and watching that was slightly satisfying and disgusting at the same time. Good thing they added a warning lol. Next time Katie says something about "I was in the hospital for 5 days" or "I had 2 babies" Cullen should turn around and say "Well I had a huge infected hole in my face that they painfully stuffed with dressing every day."
User avatar
rdt1004
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1878
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 22207 times
Been thanked: 6188 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby Baconsgirl » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:29 pm

rdt1004 wrote:Why are we not talking about the thing they pulled out of Cullen's face? I'm horrified and fascinating. My guilty pleasure is pimple popping videos and watching that was slightly satisfying and disgusting at the same time. Good thing they added a warning lol. Next time Katie says something about "I was in the hospital for 5 days" or "I had 2 babies" Cullen should turn around and say "Well I had a huge infected hole in my face that they painfully stuffed with dressing every day."
I hate to say this but I thought it was so interesting.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baconsgirl
Gossiper
 
Posts: 874
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:38 pm
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 2878 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby Caisflame » Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:30 pm

Yeah her "I had 2 babies" is even more ridiculous sounding after seeing that. Don't get me wrong, child birth was awful for me and the most painful thing I've ever been through. But Cullen is going through a different kind of pain that looks pretty damn awful.
User avatar
Caisflame
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1418
Joined: Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:44 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 2471 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby Theirmom » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:07 pm

Katie: “well, they pulled TWO whole people out of my body.”
Cullen: “Well, unless they packed two replacement people back up in there, and repeated that process twice daily for a week, I think it’s safe to say I win this round of the pain olympics.” *mic.drop*
:roll:
User avatar
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1523
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:54 pm
Has thanked: 719 times
Been thanked: 11427 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby Scar2016 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:34 am

lmmomSD wrote:But Jay had to have had at least a serious side, and a work ethic. He graduated from Auburn and went to law school. Cullen didn't even graduate from a four year college. (And before the "you don't have to go to college to have a career" people get all riled, I am only comparing Jay and Cullen-- nobody else) Cullen has never really demonstrated a big work ethic.

I never knew he didn't finished college, why did he drop out?
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Support Moddie
 
Posts: 1965
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:06 pm
Has thanked: 1871 times
Been thanked: 9951 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby auntasaurus19 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:42 am

I don’t feel bad at all that Katie is being “demonized”. The viewers are beginning to see her for the sanctimonious self-centered asshole she really is.

Who knows how much money Cullen would be able to pull in with a “real job”. From the beginning, YouTube (the editing, etc) has always been Cullen’s thing. When he was laid off from his job, they decided he would stay home and TRY YouTube, and she supported the decision. They lucked out and it went well for them for a while. Now it’s not going so well but Cullen is *probably* still making as much as he would at a regular 9-5 job, which is most likely his justification for not getting a 9-5.

Katie contributes NOTHING to their sole source of income. She can’t even edit when Cullen’s not able and has made no effort to learn or help in any way. She lounged around that hospital room while her “village” took care of her kids, pets, edited their videos for them, etc. She was probably on cloud nine texting orders to her “village” of servants while she sat around eating Oreos.

So, no wonder Katie is being demonized. And no wonder Cullen is stressed, he’s carrying the weight of that whole household (financially) on his shoulders with a martyr of a wife who is too much of a princess to even entertain the idea of getting a job.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
auntasaurus19
Informer
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:22 am
Has thanked: 323 times
Been thanked: 1296 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby Playsinrain » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:27 am

The wound video wasn't as gross as i had worried it might be. The worst part was seeing how much it hurt him. I didn't even realize i was holding my breath!! lol
The hole on his face is bad, but not nearly as big as i assumed it would be. I feel like it's going to get bigger though, there was for sure some dead tissue around the edges. I hope it doesn't get to large and I hope he isn't left with a drastic scar.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 6830
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 11008 times
Been thanked: 41494 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby askeptichere » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:56 am

What the hell is Cullen on? Or is he on a high since all the hospital vlogs are hitting well above 100k views?

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180416/abc65bbe3cb7cb7459172df55f8d3f43.jpg[/img]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 3649 times
Been thanked: 8454 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby rdt1004 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:08 am

In the wound video in the disclaimer he sort of admits he hadn’t taken his adhd medicine yet when editing the video. Brittany also confirmed that she and Grandberry have adhd in her video the other day. I feel like when he’s acting manic or strange, it might be that he hasn’t taken his medication yet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
rdt1004
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1878
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 22207 times
Been thanked: 6188 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby Theirmom » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:18 am

rdt1004 wrote:In the wound video in the disclaimer he sort of admits he hadn’t taken his adhd medicine yet when editing the video. Brittany also confirmed that she and Grandberry have adhd in her video the other day. I feel like when he’s acting manic or strange, it might be that he hasn’t taken his medication yet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I know ADHD presents differently in men vs women, but I’m actually more zombie-like if I don’t take my ADHD meds. I only end up hyper like that if I accidentally drink too much caffeine in addition to my meds. Too many stimulants = instant trigger for my mania.
:roll:
User avatar
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1523
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:54 pm
Has thanked: 719 times
Been thanked: 11427 times

C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby lmmomSD » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:22 am

askeptichere wrote:What the hell is Cullen on? Or is he on a high since all the hospital vlogs are hitting well above 100k views?

[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180416/abc65bbe3cb7cb7459172df55f8d3f43.jpg[/img]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's just bizarre. It makes no sense. Why would Katie "like" a post like that?

And does anyone say "dope" anymore? When a wannabe internet star in his thirties keeps saying it, it's probably not cool anymore.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 17018
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 98069 times
Been thanked: 80832 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:23 am

Theirmom has been saying it for awhile now and I couldn't agree more...that is textbook mania and it isn't the first time we've seen this behavior. He needs to be evaluated for GPS. I don't think it's just ADHD combined with depression. [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180416/5def84bd206d1ceb81c3cb49bed07207.jpg[/img]


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 12771
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 14137 times
Been thanked: 59757 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby Playsinrain » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:30 am

He's also on pain meds, Morphine in the ER at least so i'm sure that has something to do with his behavior. Even low doses make me act like i'm out of my mind.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 6830
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 11008 times
Been thanked: 41494 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:42 am

Playsinrain wrote:He's also on pain meds, Morphine in the ER at least so i'm sure that has something to do with his behavior. Even low doses make me act like i'm out of my mind.


Except we've seen him act like this a few times now. It's also very unlikely he's still on heavy pain meds, and if he was, I think he would have mentioned that before his ADHD meds.

Are we sure Cullen edited it? I thought it was still their friend doing it . Pretty crappy of Katie to be letting Cullen edit if he has a need for heavy pain medication


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 12771
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 14137 times
Been thanked: 59757 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby Playsinrain » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:49 am

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:He's also on pain meds, Morphine in the ER at least so i'm sure that has something to do with his behavior. Even low doses make me act like i'm out of my mind.


Except we've seen him act like this a few times now. It's also very unlikely he's still on heavy pain meds, and if he was, I think he would have mentioned that before his ADHD meds.

Are we sure Cullen edited it? I thought it was still their friend doing it . Pretty crappy of Katie to be letting Cullen edit if he has a need for heavy pain medication


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I have no idea what kind of meds he's on now, but per the wound video he was sent home with pain meds. I'm sure that coupled without taking his ADHD could cause him to act off.
I still think he's having manic episodes.
The way he talked in the vlog it was going to be him editing, and if he wants to do it then i see no harm in it. Since it was edited (per Cullen's twitter) and went up close to midnight (eastern time, 11 or later his time) im glad he didn't make his friend edit it.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 6830
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 11008 times
Been thanked: 41494 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby Playsinrain » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:53 am

Possible that he cant take some of his ADHD meds or other medications bc of interactions with the medications from the hospital?? I have no clue, just something i thought about..
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 6830
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 11008 times
Been thanked: 41494 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby HelloSweetie » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:17 am

Cullen may not want to stay up late editing. He may feel he has to since he's said before he's worried about their finances. If he doesn't do it, it isn't getting done. Katie needs to learn how to edit. She doesn't need to do it all the time, but she needs to know how.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 12771
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 14137 times
Been thanked: 59757 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby japaluvr » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:39 am

Haven't watched the vlogs yet, but I do agree Katie should learn to edit. It's really not that hard. She could just do cut scenes without the cool effects by using YT as a tutorial. It doesn't take a PhD to figure it out. Oh wait...
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
User avatar
japaluvr
Informer
 
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:51 am
Has thanked: 384 times
Been thanked: 1588 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby Theirmom » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:43 am

HelloSweetie wrote:Cullen may not want to stay up late editing. He may feel he has to since he's said before he's worried about their finances. If he doesn't do it, it isn't getting done. Katie needs to learn how to edit. She doesn't need to do it all the time, but she needs to know how.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I mean, even Missy learned basic editing when Brian went to Cambodia. And, when she can be bothered to make videos on her channel, she’s said that she edits them herself.
It really says something when Missy Lanning is more “professional” than you are.
:roll:
User avatar
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1523
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:54 pm
Has thanked: 719 times
Been thanked: 11427 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby HashtagBlessed » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:07 am

I met my husband when I was 17. I was 23 when we got engaged, married at 24. Even at a young age, I knew that old saying, “don't marry a man unless you would be proud to have a son exactly like him.” People change, but not in ways that you can control or predict. Don’t marry someone assuming they are going to change or mature to fit your definition of who they should be. I’m sure Cullen is aware that he is “disappointing” Katie every damn day. I imagine that's a major sticking point for an unhappy marriage.

Would I marry someone like Cullen? No, probably not. But Katie did, and now she wants him to fundamentally change to make her happy. It just does not work like that for many reasons. I get the impression that Katie is an unhappy person now, and she’s putting that on Cullen rather than figuring out what SHE needs to do to be happy and fulfilled. If being a SAHM is not the answer, she needs to explore other options. Ultimately, you can’t make someone else responsible for your happiness. It’s just never going to work.

Katie had a great set-up where she could adjust her hours and work part-time. I will never understand why she gave that up, but I think a big part of it was that she was NOT going to let Cullen be a stay-at-home YouTube dad. It’s become readily apparent that she competes with him and keeps score. If anyone was going to be the stay-at-home parent, Katie decided it would be her, regardless of her advanced degree and earning potential. I get the impression it’s not everything she imagined it would be, but she’s also not willing to make a change. And don't even get me started on the fact that she claims that they run the business together, and yet she doesn't even know how to make a video. I really wonder if they ever discussed how they wanted to raise their kids and if Katie ever told Cullen that she wanted to marry someone with a college degree because she wanted to be able to stay home? These are not always fun conversations, but definitely much needed before you marry someone.

If the bacterial infection is from handling the fish tank, I hope they have figured that out by now so that no one else gets sick.
HashtagBlessed
True Gossiper
 
Posts: 1297
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:44 pm
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 7460 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby lmmomSD » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:18 am

That's exactly it-- she married this fun happy go lucky guy who had an associates degree, and expected him to "grow up" and support her like her father and BIL support their families with advanced degrees. And now she's pissed that her fantasy hasn't come true.
Going into marriage with these fantasy expectations and not making them clear to your partner is a recipe for disaster.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 17018
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 98069 times
Been thanked: 80832 times

Re: C&K: Tankful of Marital Issues. Part #18

Postby auntasaurus19 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:38 am

HashtagBlessed wrote:I met my husband when I was 17. I was 23 when we got engaged, married at 24. Even at a young age, I knew that old saying, “don't marry a man unless you would be proud to have a son exactly like him.” People change, but not in ways that you can control or predict. Don’t marry someone assuming they are going to change or mature to fit your definition of who they should be. I’m sure Cullen is aware that he is “disappointing” Katie every damn day. I imagine that's a major sticking point for an unhappy marriage.

Would I marry someone like Cullen? No, probably not. But Katie did, and now she wants him to fundamentally change to make her happy. It just does not work like that for many reasons. I get the impression that Katie is an unhappy person now, and she’s putting that on Cullen rather than figuring out what SHE needs to do to be happy and fulfilled. If being a SAHM is not the answer, she needs to explore other options. Ultimately, you can’t make someone else responsible for your happiness. It’s just never going to work.

Katie had a great set-up where she could adjust her hours and work part-time. I will never understand why she gave that up, but I think a big part of it was that she was NOT going to let Cullen be a stay-at-home YouTube dad. It’s become readily apparent that she competes with him and keeps score. If anyone was going to be the stay-at-home parent, Katie decided it would be her, regardless of her advanced degree and earning potential. I get the impression it’s not everything she imagined it would be, but she’s also not willing to make a change. And don't even get me started on the fact that she claims that they run the business together, and yet she doesn't even know how to make a video. I really wonder if they ever discussed how they wanted to raise their kids and if Katie ever told Cullen that she wanted to marry someone with a college degree because she wanted to be able to stay home? These are not always fun conversations, but definitely much needed before you marry someone.

If the bacterial infection is from handling the fish tank, I hope they have figured that out by now so that no one else gets sick.


I wish I could like this more than once! And my GOD, I wish she would read this!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
auntasaurus19
Informer
 
Posts: 310
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:22 am
Has thanked: 323 times
Been thanked: 1296 times

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Cullen and Katie

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

  • Advertisement