• Advertisement
    

C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby Punkincookie » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:16 pm

Playsinrain wrote:Glad to see they made Gaines return the ring she accidentally walked out with. I noticed it on her hand in the vlog after they were looking at it and wondered if they would address it, or if it would just disappear with no explanation, or if they bought it. It was innocent for MG, my kids have done the same type of thing, but i am glad they made a point of making her go back and return it and apologize and used it as a teaching moment. Now if they could get her to stop screaming at everyone all the time...
I noticed the ring still on her immediately, they were looking at her hands a bunch with all the other stuff she was picking up and showing them. How did they not notice? I wouldn't be surprised if they let it happen on purpose for quality parenting content.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Punkincookie
Talker
 
Posts: 232
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:00 pm
Has thanked: 153 times
Been thanked: 1044 times

Advertisement

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby rdt1004 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:44 pm

freebeegal wrote:What the hell was that shit show in the gift shop. I get that they were trying to teach her that you can only buy what you can afford and how things cost money etc etc. But to then just give her more money so she could afford what she wanted? They should have stuck to the budget and found something within that. What’s the point of the whole time saying ‘is that one dollar. Let’s find something for one dollar’ then she walks out with something that was two dollars. I appreciate its only an extra dollar but it’s the principle. All she’s learnt from that is if I want something I can’t afford mum and dad will cough up the extra cash......


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sure this is how Katie learned to handle her money, so of course it’s how Gaines is going to be as well. Just ask mommy and daddy for more money, that’s what Katie has lived by for 30+ years..
Also, did Cullen ever upload the video footage from their podcast? They barely can get vlogs out on time, idk why he thought he’d be able to handle podcast.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
rdt1004
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1875
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 21438 times
Been thanked: 6156 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby Baconsgirl » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:31 pm

So they cooked plenty of food for the 4 of them, yet they show Brooks eating pasta? He’s certainly on the pasta diet lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baconsgirl
Gossiper
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:38 pm
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 2768 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby Baconsgirl » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:32 pm

So they cooked plenty of food for the 4 of them, yet they show Brooks eating pasta? He’s certainly on the pasta diet lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baconsgirl
Gossiper
 
Posts: 841
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:38 pm
Has thanked: 160 times
Been thanked: 2768 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby Playsinrain » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:48 am

Punkincookie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Glad to see they made Gaines return the ring she accidentally walked out with. I noticed it on her hand in the vlog after they were looking at it and wondered if they would address it, or if it would just disappear with no explanation, or if they bought it. It was innocent for MG, my kids have done the same type of thing, but i am glad they made a point of making her go back and return it and apologize and used it as a teaching moment. Now if they could get her to stop screaming at everyone all the time...
I noticed the ring still on her immediately, they were looking at her hands a bunch with all the other stuff she was picking up and showing them. How did they not notice? I wouldn't be surprised if they let it happen on purpose for quality parenting content.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk


I did think about that, but they also had all the kids in that store alone (at least until Kelly showed up later) so i'm gonna give them the benefit of the doubt, only bc it seemed like they had their hands full. And, either way.. even if they let her walk out with it, it was still the same to Gaines. She was still taught a lesson. If they did just let her walk out with it for the vlog, im sure that they didnt tell HER that.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 6743
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 10819 times
Been thanked: 41041 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby askeptichere » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:29 am

So at what point do they transition from feeding their kids mac n cheese and corn dogs for dinner by themselves, to eating the same meal at the same time? One question my kids' pediatrician always asks is "Do you sit down and eat dinner as a family every night?" because so many studies have proven the many benefits of doing so. C&K? Nope. Candy all day every day, then corndogs and canned green beans followed by popsicles for dinner by themselves. When Gaines was spending her dollar, I would have given her an extra buck for her to pick something non-candy. A toilet full of sugar for her and airheads for their 1 year old? I can't imagine feeding my kids like that.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 3649 times
Been thanked: 8454 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby Playsinrain » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:36 am

Another thing about the whole "you have a dollar to spend" thing.... Why the hell did they pick the super expensive tourist trap gift shop inside the complex the beach house is in?? They were setting themselves up for failure from the get go. Spending only a dollar in that store was next to impossible unless they got candy. I know some of the shells and rings were a buck, but come on. They have toddlers. They want toys. the should have hit up a dollar tree or something else comparable. that mermaid doll was $18, the little cars were $6+ not only is that highway robbery to begin with, but they knew the kids would not be able to find anything in that store for a buck.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 6743
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 10819 times
Been thanked: 41041 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby askeptichere » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:38 am

Playsinrain wrote:Another thing about the whole "you have a dollar to spend" thing.... Why the hell did they pick the super expensive tourist trap gift shop inside the complex the beach house is in?? They were setting themselves up for failure from the get go. Spending only a dollar in that store was next to impossible unless they got candy. I know some of the shells and rings were a buck, but come on. They have toddlers. They want toys. the should have hit up a dollar tree or something else comparable. that mermaid doll was $18, the little cars were $6+ not only is that highway robbery to begin with, but they knew the kids would not be able to find anything in that store for a buck.

*Gasp!* You mean exiting the country club, private beach community bubble!? How dare you even suggest that! ;)
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 3649 times
Been thanked: 8454 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby japaluvr » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:56 am

askeptichere wrote:So at what point do they transition from feeding their kids mac n cheese and corn dogs for dinner by themselves, to eating the same meal at the same time? One question my kids' pediatrician always asks is "Do you sit down and eat dinner as a family every night?" because so many studies have proven the many benefits of doing so. C&K? Nope. Candy all day every day, then corndogs and canned green beans followed by popsicles for dinner by themselves. When Gaines was spending her dollar, I would have given her an extra buck for her to pick something non-candy. A toilet full of sugar for her and airheads for their 1 year old? I can't imagine feeding my kids like that.


I absolutely agree about junk food - why do they even have it in the house? Kids won't eat something that isn't there. They need to cut out junk food for their kids and for themselves and replace with healthier options. As for eating together, I do agree it's beneficial and depends on the family's schedule. Obviously we know C&K don't have one thus why they're (them and the kids) eating so late and having a late bedtime. For my family, my daughter is two and she eats alone at 5:15pm because her bedtime is 6:30-6:45pm due to 5:30am wake up for work, so we eat when she goes down for bed. I also make her healthy dinner options. Hubby cooks while I do the night time routine. Once she does get older we will start eating together because that's how we were both brought up. Again, it all depends on the family and their schedules so C&K should have no excuse to not eat together as a family since they don't have a set schedule.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
User avatar
japaluvr
Informer
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:51 am
Has thanked: 382 times
Been thanked: 1574 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby Playsinrain » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:00 am

askeptichere wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Another thing about the whole "you have a dollar to spend" thing.... Why the hell did they pick the super expensive tourist trap gift shop inside the complex the beach house is in?? They were setting themselves up for failure from the get go. Spending only a dollar in that store was next to impossible unless they got candy. I know some of the shells and rings were a buck, but come on. They have toddlers. They want toys. the should have hit up a dollar tree or something else comparable. that mermaid doll was $18, the little cars were $6+ not only is that highway robbery to begin with, but they knew the kids would not be able to find anything in that store for a buck.

*Gasp!* You mean exiting the country club, private beach community bubble!? How dare you even suggest that! ;)


After doing some research on the community (the name of which was clearly in the vlog) it's not so "country club".. any regular ol person can rent a home there and there are condos as well. Might be gated, but i dont think it's any more exclusive than any hotel with a front security gate. Actually had some pretty bad reviews on yelp, but those complaints were mostly about things the individual home owners that are renting out their property need to deal with. I dont think Dolly and Doc rent their home so thats totally not on them.
(I do get your point and agree. Jay should have gave those kids at least $% each if he knew they were going shopping at that money pit. LMAO!)
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 6743
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 10819 times
Been thanked: 41041 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby janica » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:57 am

askeptichere wrote:So at what point do they transition from feeding their kids mac n cheese and corn dogs for dinner by themselves, to eating the same meal at the same time? One question my kids' pediatrician always asks is "Do you sit down and eat dinner as a family every night?" because so many studies have proven the many benefits of doing so. C&K? Nope. Candy all day every day, then corndogs and canned green beans followed by popsicles for dinner by themselves. When Gaines was spending her dollar, I would have given her an extra buck for her to pick something non-candy. A toilet full of sugar for her and airheads for their 1 year old? I can't imagine feeding my kids like that.


They feed their children so much crap. If they all ate healthier, they wouldn't be so sick/tired every day. I only watch them on Hooktube now and I can't get over their stupidity. I'm only 20, but I know for sure what to feed my nephews and nieces and how to live a healthy lifestyle and NOT shopping at shops that target tourists.

Oh, and I have autism too, what makes everything in my life harder, but I'm working so hard each do to better myself. No excuses, Cullen and Katie.
My apologies for any grammar or spelling mistakes. English is not my first language :love2:
janica
Talker
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 7:08 am
Location: The Netherlands
Has thanked: 229 times
Been thanked: 349 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby Em1899 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:35 am

I see nothing wrong with the way Gaines And Brooks are being raised. They seem pretty happy.
Em1899
Amateur
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:29 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 104 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby lmmomSD » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:56 am

Em1899 wrote:I see nothing wrong with the way Gaines And Brooks are being raised. They seem pretty happy.
Are you watching the same vlogs? Watch their instastories too. Brooks goes around whining with a pacifier in his mouth, and pretty much gets ignored and allowed to go outside by himself to eat blueberries (at least he's getting fruit), both kids eat lots of junk, and Gaines is bossy and the little princess who can do no wrong in Mama's eyes. She yells if she doesn't think she's getting the attention she deserves. Her yelling at Brooks is "cute" to them.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
User avatar
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 16608
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm
Location: San Diego, Ca
Has thanked: 94853 times
Been thanked: 78926 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby Em1899 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:08 am

lmmomSD wrote:
Em1899 wrote:I see nothing wrong with the way Gaines And Brooks are being raised. They seem pretty happy.
Are you watching the same vlogs? Watch their instastories too. Brooks goes around whining with a pacifier in his mouth, and pretty much gets ignored and allowed to go outside by himself to eat blueberries (at least he's getting fruit), both kids eat lots of junk, and Gaines is bossy and the little princess who can do no wrong in Mama's eyes. She yells if she doesn't think she's getting the attention she deserves. Her yelling at Brooks is "cute" to them.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


They are toddlers, they will grow out of it
Em1899
Amateur
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:29 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 104 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby askeptichere » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:55 pm

Em1899 wrote:I see nothing wrong with the way Gaines And Brooks are being raised. They seem pretty happy.

Yep. Nothing wrong with leaving a 2 year old asleep alone in a car during a storm while you eat in a restaurant, or walking away from your 1 year old who is in the pool by himself. Letting them eat candy first thing in the morning. Saying nothing but negative things about your 1 year old son who just needs attention, and praising your 3 year old who is becoming more of a demanding brat every day. Exploiting your children’s illnesses and entire lives to earn a living instead of respecting their privacy. Teaching them that it’s totally ok to trespass on a private golf course for your own enjoyment. Ignoring your son so badly that he manages to escape the house and wander the unfenced yard by himself without you realizing he’s even gone. Totally great parenting.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 3649 times
Been thanked: 8454 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby askeptichere » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:58 pm

Em1899 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
Em1899 wrote:I see nothing wrong with the way Gaines And Brooks are being raised. They seem pretty happy.
Are you watching the same vlogs? Watch their instastories too. Brooks goes around whining with a pacifier in his mouth, and pretty much gets ignored and allowed to go outside by himself to eat blueberries (at least he's getting fruit), both kids eat lots of junk, and Gaines is bossy and the little princess who can do no wrong in Mama's eyes. She yells if she doesn't think she's getting the attention she deserves. Her yelling at Brooks is "cute" to them.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk


They are toddlers, they will grow out of it

How? How will they grow out of bad habits with 2 lazy parents? If anything they will be worse as they age. At least they constantly pawn off the kids on anyone willing to take them, so hopefully they’re being taught manners and boundaries somewhere else.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:43 am
Has thanked: 3649 times
Been thanked: 8454 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby RootBeerFloatie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:31 pm

They'll grow out of being lazy, whiny toddlers and grow into lazy, whiny adults. Just like their parents.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1680
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:46 pm
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 10295 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby Em1899 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:32 pm

They are uploading at random times now
Em1899
Amateur
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:29 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 104 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby Playsinrain » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:36 pm

Em1899 wrote:They are uploading at random times now


They have never had a set time.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 6743
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 10819 times
Been thanked: 41041 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby HelloSweetie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:39 pm

Playsinrain wrote:
Em1899 wrote:They are uploading at random times now


They have never had a set time.


I don’t think that’s true. They used to be way more consistent than they are lately. They say they’ll post a vlog and then don’t. I agree it’s random. Cullen used to get praise for his consistency in getting a vlog out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 12643
Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:33 am
Has thanked: 13978 times
Been thanked: 59019 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby Em1899 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:45 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Em1899 wrote:They are uploading at random times now


They have never had a set time.


I don’t think that’s true. They used to be way more consistent than they are lately. They say they’ll post a vlog and then don’t. I agree it’s random. Cullen used to get praise for his consistency in getting a vlog out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


they posted around 11am when i started watching

yesterday it was 7pm
Em1899
Amateur
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:29 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 104 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby Playsinrain » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:48 pm

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Em1899 wrote:They are uploading at random times now


They have never had a set time.


I don’t think that’s true. They used to be way more consistent than they are lately. They say they’ll post a vlog and then don’t. I agree it’s random. Cullen used to get praise for his consistency in getting a vlog out.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I agree that they have been skipping more days now (but in all honesty if that is helping their family life/marriage then i'm all for that. YT should be 2nd behind family.) but for as long as i have watched them, which started back in the Tuscaloosa days, they have never, that i remember, said that vlogs would be up at a certain time each day. For sure they haven't made that promise in the recent past.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 6743
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 10819 times
Been thanked: 41041 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby Playsinrain » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:51 pm

I also agree that they used to post around the same time everyday but they have never been like other vloggers "a new vlog everyday at x time!!"
I also admit that things like the time vlogs go up isn't a big deal to me, i don't base my schedule on what time a video is posted. Things like that are trivial to me.
User avatar
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
 
Posts: 6743
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:46 pm
Location: GA
Has thanked: 10819 times
Been thanked: 41041 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby rdt1004 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:25 pm

They had a babysitter take their kids to the zoo because they were so busy, Katie took Aida to the vet and Cullen filmed a podcast, not even edited, just filmed. Sooooo busy, you guys.
User avatar
rdt1004
Extreme Gossiper
 
Posts: 1875
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 21438 times
Been thanked: 6156 times

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Postby Em1899 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:53 pm

You can tell by the recent vlogs there getting sick of it, going on 8 years vlogging already
they are barely getting views these days
Em1899
Amateur
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:29 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 104 times

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Cullen and Katie

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users