• Advertisement

Cullen & Katie: Breaking The Rules, Above The Law | Part 20

Re: Cullen & Katie: Breaking The Rules, Above The Law | Part

Postby Playsinrain » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:34 am

darlingyep6 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Catface2 wrote:Nobody bank would have worked with them. No real jobs. They are going to be out on their arses in a hot minute. Cullen can’t even work in his “office” because of some plumbing leak that hasn’t been fixed. They aren’t doing anything to update..they can’t afford it and know they are going to lose it. The video today...Jesus loves me... now I’ve seen it all. Hang it up folks. They’re done

Where is the mention of the plumbing leak? Why on earth would you not get something like that fixed if it was so bad you couldnt use part of your home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well in his defense he said they are getting it fixed... i wonder if its some issue where they can cut the water off to that part of the house so it's not a constant leak. Anyone know if there is a bath connected to that room?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper

Advertisement

Postby Baconsgirl » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:35 am

Playsinrain wrote:
Baconsgirl wrote:It literally looks like they were spending the day on the golf course. The kids had their toys and they were kicking a football to kingdom come. At least I thought it was the golf course.

They showed this on the vlog today, they were at the park. It does look a lot like the course behind the house but there is what looks like a restroom building, and the chainlink fence thing like what you see behind home plate at a baseball field.

Cullen brought up today that Katie has been "drinking her smoothies and getting her exercise in" not that just those things makes her a changed person, but it's good to hear that she is trying to get more healthy and active.
thank you for clearing that up!

Baconsgirl
Gossiper

Postby ButterflyB » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:42 am

I was expecting Katie to give us details on what is going on in between them with her video today saying life changes but no it’s just a video of her rambling on about not worrying what others do or think/care for yourself bs. Stop with the long cryptic videos Katie. Either explain all the weirdness or don’t mention it at all!

ButterflyB
Gossiper

Postby Refrigerator_Light » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:59 am

ButterflyB wrote:I was expecting Katie to give us details on what is going on in between them with her video today saying life changes but no it’s just a video of her rambling on about not worrying what others do or think/care for yourself bs. Stop with the long cryptic videos Katie. Either explain all the weirdness or don’t mention it at all!

Right?!? Katie just says a whole lot of things without actually saying anything at all.
Refrigerator_Light
Informer

Postby ButterflyB » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:17 pm

Refrigerator_Light wrote:
ButterflyB wrote:I was expecting Katie to give us details on what is going on in between them with her video today saying life changes but no it’s just a video of her rambling on about not worrying what others do or think/care for yourself bs. Stop with the long cryptic videos Katie. Either explain all the weirdness or don’t mention it at all!

Right?!? Katie just says a whole lot of things without actually saying anything at all.

Yes! It drives me crazy

ButterflyB
Gossiper

Postby Toodles123 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:20 pm

ButterflyB wrote:
Refrigerator_Light wrote:

Yes! It drives me crazy

What do we all suspect that's going on with her tho? Their has to be something up.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Toodles123
Informer

Postby irishmiss » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:26 pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]What do we all suspect that's going on with her tho? Their has to be something up.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk[/quote]

I too was expecting her to open up and admit something but nope!

There definitely has to be something up because you don't just all of a sudden start this kind of "journey" if things are going well in your life. I'm still on the bandwagon that says she has (had?) significant PPD that was not treated correctly along with trauma from their miscarriages. Also that Cullen suffered with depression and possibly addictions around the same time.
irishmiss
Talker

Postby FakingIt_MakingIt » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:30 pm

Yeah, I skipped around the video expecting a mention of one of them working outside of vlogging...this video was a complete waste of time. Her little mini series is getting boring actually.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper

Postby zipadeedodah » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:32 pm

I listened to the first half of Katie’s video and shut the crap off. So boring.
zipadeedodah
Extreme Gossiper

Postby HelloSweetie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:52 pm

What are the tags?

HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby lovingthisforum » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:01 pm

Thanks. I came here reading what that was about instead of watching the video. I also didn't click the jesus video ----pu-lease....I don't think you can attract European audiences with such titles anyway
lovingthisforum
Informer

Postby Liz_444 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:16 pm

zipadeedodah wrote:I listened to the first half of Katie’s video and shut the crap off. So boring.

You made it longer than I did! I just can't listen to her ramble on and on and on in the car. I clicked out after a min.
Liz_444
Talker

Postby zipadeedodah » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:37 pm

Liz_444 wrote:
zipadeedodah wrote:I listened to the first half of Katie’s video and shut the crap off. So boring.

You made it longer than I did! I just can't listen to her ramble on and on and on in the car. I clicked out after a min.
only reason I kept listening was because I was hoping she would spill the beans about her and Cullen going through stuff lol
zipadeedodah
Extreme Gossiper

Postby Ducklings4 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:59 am

zipadeedodah wrote:
Liz_444 wrote:

only reason I kept listening was because I was hoping she would spill the beans about her and Cullen going through stuff lol

I doubt she will ever do that

Ducklings4
True Gossiper

Postby darlingyep6 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:31 am

Just watched the Southern Fried Maple Leafs name reveal for their baby girl. What a cute, sweet name for a girl! Some may say common and generic, but it’s much better than other names in that family. Won’t spoil it here if you don’t know, but if you don’t care just ask and I’ll respond.

darlingyep6
Amateur

Postby angelfire89 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:39 am

darlingyep6 wrote:Just watched the Southern Fried Maple Leafs name reveal for their baby girl. What a cute, sweet name for a girl! Some may say common and generic, but it’s much better than other names in that family. Won’t spoil it here if you don’t know, but if you don’t care just ask and I’ll respond.

Its been announced in their thread. No secret anymore.
angelfire89
Gossiper

Postby angelfire89 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:39 am

darlingyep6 wrote:Just watched the Southern Fried Maple Leafs name reveal for their baby girl. What a cute, sweet name for a girl! Some may say common and generic, but it’s much better than other names in that family. Won’t spoil it here if you don’t know, but if you don’t care just ask and I’ll respond.

angelfire89
Gossiper

Postby darlingyep6 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:41 am

angelfire89 wrote:

Not everyone follows their thread. I don’t, and didn’t know it was already announced there, so just respecting other people, my bad.

darlingyep6
Amateur

Postby Refrigerator_Light » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:18 am

You know, I think now could be the time for Cullen and Katie to be able to revive their channel from the brink of disaster... they mentioned today about going back to old school daily vlogging, and I think that would be great! They never were going to have the success that Daily Lumps have with the kids deomogtaphics, so I think going back to their roots would be good. All the OG daily family bloggers have gone to reduced posting schedules with terrible delays, and for the most part have alienated their adult viewers in the process. If C and K could go back to posting without the delay and the scriptedness I think they could scoop up some new viewers in the process.
Refrigerator_Light
Informer

Postby Refrigerator_Light » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:25 am

Double post, because I forgot to add:

With that being said, I also hope they can be more honest about what is going on with the 2 of them. All the secrecy and Katie talking a whole lot about nothing is making them seem even more disconnected from their viewers. I know people say they are entitled to their privacy, but when you post your life on YouTube you do sort of relinquish the compete privacy a normal person would have.
Refrigerator_Light
Informer

Postby HelloSweetie » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:40 am

Refrigerator_Light wrote:You know, I think now could be the time for Cullen and Katie to be able to revive their channel from the brink of disaster... they mentioned today about going back to old school daily vlogging, and I think that would be great! They never were going to have the success that Daily Lumps have with the kids deomogtaphics, so I think going back to their roots would be good. All the OG daily family bloggers have gone to reduced posting schedules with terrible delays, and for the most part have alienated their adult viewers in the process. If C and K could go back to posting without the delay and the scriptedness I think they could scoop up some new viewers in the process.

It seems like maybe Ellie and Jared have realized the DB model isn’t going to work for them too. That’s good, but still won’t last forever. I hope they all learn from this and start saving more. Interest in their channels won’t last forever.

HelloSweetie
Guru Gossiper

Postby Baconsgirl » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:46 am

It was a breath of fresh air. It’s such a classic name.

Baconsgirl
Gossiper

Postby irishmiss » Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:20 pm

[quote="Refrigerator_Light"]You know, I think now could be the time for Cullen and Katie tdo

I agree with you but that title of today's vlog was pure clickbait! There was no major change discussed...just that they might do vlogmas....WOW what groundbreaking major news.
irishmiss
Talker

Postby NiaS88 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:07 pm

Scar2016 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:This is the second mention recently of the original owners having a hand in financing C&K's purchase. Can someone explain it more as I don't think that's a legal option where I'm from. Thanks in advance :)

The easiest way to explain it is like rent. Owner financing is basically renting from the owner, but instead of your payments going really nowhere like with renting, your payments go towards the purchase of the home. You have a purchase and sale agreement (instead of a lease) just like with any other sale, but instead of paying a mortgage company or bank. you are making payments directly to the seller. It's actually rare to come across someone who is willing to do owner financing bc most sellers want full cash in hand or a check from the bank you have your mortgage though. (bc lots if not most sellers are buying a new home themselves and the closing of the new home hinges on the closing and funding from the sale of the old home.) The seller has the same basic legal rights as the bank would if you did traditional financing, they can foreclose on you if you get behind on payments.

Thanks for that info! So to get it straight, the only reason C&K wouldn't go the traditional bank mortgage route would be because they couldn't get verified and pass all the checks?

You tubers actually have a really hard time getting loans. There are a ton of videos on it and how the process works and how it differed from people with 9-5 jobs. Banks really don’t want to get into business with them because their jobs aren’t considered consistent or stable. I can’t remember the channel right now but I watched a video where they said they had to provide like 5 years worth of financial records and income records from YouTube to be approved for their loan. C+K were never bringing in millions or even DB money. They hadn’t had a real job in over 2 years when they got that house. I really doubt they would’ve been able to get a loan for that house without an insane down payment of like 40+% and I doubt they had that. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were doing a rent to own, which would also explain the lack of renovations to the house. They may not be allowed to do any work, like any other rental property.

NiaS88
Amateur

Postby NiaS88 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:07 pm

Scar2016 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Scar2016 wrote:This is the second mention recently of the original owners having a hand in financing C&K's purchase. Can someone explain it more as I don't think that's a legal option where I'm from. Thanks in advance :)

The easiest way to explain it is like rent. Owner financing is basically renting from the owner, but instead of your payments going really nowhere like with renting, your payments go towards the purchase of the home. You have a purchase and sale agreement (instead of a lease) just like with any other sale, but instead of paying a mortgage company or bank. you are making payments directly to the seller. It's actually rare to come across someone who is willing to do owner financing bc most sellers want full cash in hand or a check from the bank you have your mortgage though. (bc lots if not most sellers are buying a new home themselves and the closing of the new home hinges on the closing and funding from the sale of the old home.) The seller has the same basic legal rights as the bank would if you did traditional financing, they can foreclose on you if you get behind on payments.

Thanks for that info! So to get it straight, the only reason C&K wouldn't go the traditional bank mortgage route would be because they couldn't get verified and pass all the checks?

You tubers actually have a really hard time getting loans. There are a ton of videos on it and how the process works and how it differed from people with 9-5 jobs. Banks really don’t want to get into business with them because their jobs aren’t considered consistent or stable. I can’t remember the channel right now but I watched a video where they said they had to provide like 5 years worth of financial records and income records from YouTube to be approved for their loan. C+K were never bringing in millions or even DB money. They hadn’t had a real job in over 2 years when they got that house. I really doubt they would’ve been able to get a loan for that house without an insane down payment of like 40+% and I doubt they had that. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were doing a rent to own, which would also explain the lack of renovations to the house. They may not be allowed to do any work, like any other rental property.

NiaS88
Amateur

PreviousNext

• Advertisement

Return to Cullen and Katie