Cullen & Katie: Breaking The Rules, Above The Law | Part 20

Baconsgirl

Re: Cullen & Katie: Breaking The Rules, Above The Law | Part

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

I actually like Cullen way more than Katie most of the time. There I said it. Lol.
I think Katie is a b word.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

How could they afford any renovations? Between the house payment, the suburban payment, and shopping there can’t be much left with their meager YouTube income these days.
GigglyMint
Talker
Talker
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by GigglyMint »

I think the ads they do generate more money than people realize. Since the beginning of October they’ve each posted several Instagram pictures with brands they work with. That’s not counting Instagram stories and I don’t know if they do those on twitter and Facebook, but all of those would be even more income. Brands pay a lot of money for that publicity. Several thousand a pop to a company like big lots or pull ups is nothing to the company but adds up quickly as far as income goes.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

GigglyMint wrote:I think the ads they do generate more money than people realize. Since the beginning of October they’ve each posted several Instagram pictures with brands they work with. That’s not counting Instagram stories and I don’t know if they do those on twitter and Facebook, but all of those would be even more income. Brands pay a lot of money for that publicity. Several thousand a pop to a company like big lots or pull ups is nothing to the company but adds up quickly as far as income goes.
Cullen himself said a few months back he was feeling money pressures. Their views have tanked since then.

They could be making enough to get by, but likely aren’t making enough to afford their lifestyle, let alone save for the future.

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chloe6124 »

Playsinrain wrote:
NiaS88 wrote:
Scar2016 wrote: Thanks for that info! So to get it straight, the only reason C&K wouldn't go the traditional bank mortgage route would be because they couldn't get verified and pass all the checks?
You tubers actually have a really hard time getting loans. There are a ton of videos on it and how the process works and how it differed from people with 9-5 jobs. Banks really don’t want to get into business with them because their jobs aren’t considered consistent or stable. I can’t remember the channel right now but I watched a video where they said they had to provide like 5 years worth of financial records and income records from YouTube to be approved for their loan. C+K were never bringing in millions or even DB money. They hadn’t had a real job in over 2 years when they got that house. I really doubt they would’ve been able to get a loan for that house without an insane down payment of like 40+% and I doubt they had that. I wouldn’t be surprised if they were doing a rent to own, which would also explain the lack of renovations to the house. They may not be allowed to do any work, like any other rental property.

They bought the house. It isn’t a rental situation. The sale is public record. I’m not 100% sure if it was owner financed, I’m just assuming since others have said it was then it was, I haven’t seen anything saying that myself. I wouldn’t doubt it in the least though. Even with a owner financing situation they can do whatever they want to the house. I think they have some buyers remorse and that’s why they seem uninterested any upgrades.
My guess is they did it this way because they wanted more house then they could get approved for with a traditional bank mortgage. If you look up what they did there is a big possibility that they have to go get a mortgage after so much time. I doubt the seller wants to keep doing it this way. It’s basically a rent to own situation.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

GigglyMint wrote:I think the ads they do generate more money than people realize. Since the beginning of October they’ve each posted several Instagram pictures with brands they work with. That’s not counting Instagram stories and I don’t know if they do those on twitter and Facebook, but all of those would be even more income. Brands pay a lot of money for that publicity. Several thousand a pop to a company like big lots or pull ups is nothing to the company but adds up quickly as far as income goes.
I agree that they’re probably bringing in a nice amount of money just from Instagram. I think their YouTube views are still enough to pay their mortgage. I don’t think they anticipated the drop in views so soon after taking on so much new debt. At one point they were consistently getting over 5 million views a month. That’s a lot of money. They’ve gotten a little over 600K in the last 30 days. Anyone losing that much income is going to be stressed about money. It doesn’t matter if you’re still making a decent living. Katie is probably making Cullen miserable because everybody can see that they aren’t bringing in money like they use to.
WheresMyCoffee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by WheresMyCoffee »

Even the Shaytards at the height of their popularity didnt live in a huge lavish house. They rented that last house in L.A and didnt buy until they got that Disney money. I think most youtubers still live paycheck to paycheck in a sense but it is more sponsorship to sponsorship.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

So the way that Cullen talks katie has been editing all the vlogs? Not just the KOTFS videos? Or did i hear that wrong? So what is Cullen doing all day? I'm really wondering if he has another job now.

Sidenote, the fishtank is super impressive now. I'm glad Cullen took this endeavor seriously and those tanks are thriving now.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

She is editing her own vlogs, where hardly anything is to edit.
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

Things must be pretty boring with their blogs lately.... *crickets*
zipadeedodah
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by zipadeedodah »

Things must be pretty boring with their blogs lately.... *crickets*
Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

Thoughts on Katie's video today?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Toodles123 wrote:Thoughts on Katie's video today?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
She reminded me of Ellie. Said a lot about how she needs to take better care of herself and say “no” to more things, but didn’t actually say anything. I also think she was throwing shade at the criticism in comments and here more than she was talking about Cullen.

Staying home all day isn’t for everyone. For some people it leads to boredom which can be terrible for your mental health. I think both Katie and Ellie would benefit from working (or volunteering) outside of the house (and church) a few hours a week.

Pretty lazy that she quoted that book that she said helped her, but couldn’t be bored to go find out which book it actually was.

These YT moms need to find something else to do and need stop trying so hard to be inspirational until they actually have their shit together.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lovingthisforum wrote:She is editing her own vlogs, where hardly anything is to edit.
i know she edits her videos, but the way Cullen was talking she is editing the vlogs now too. He said something along the lines of "she's editing and uploading everything here by herself now too!" The way it was worded it seemed like he was talking about the main channel.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

Playsinrain wrote:
lovingthisforum wrote:She is editing her own vlogs, where hardly anything is to edit.
i know she edits her videos, but the way Cullen was talking she is editing the vlogs now too. He said something along the lines of "she's editing and uploading everything here by herself now too!" The way it was worded it seemed like he was talking about the main channel.
I know, and I said no. To me it seemed she only edits her own channel. I did not not understand you. I heard you. Later, to Gaines she also said when daddy edits the vlog.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lovingthisforum wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
I know, and I said no. To me it seemed she only edits her own channel. I did not not understand you. I heard you. Later, to Gaines she also said when daddy edits the vlog.
Okayyyy... I was just wondering if anyone else heard it the way i did and wondered the same thing. He just worded it strangely.
woahnow
Talker
Talker

Unread post by woahnow »

Can we talk about the fact that katie had the kids outside in nothing but pjs and socks while it was snowing. granted it was barely snowing but it was COLD. They should have had shoes on at least. (Spoken like a true alabamian)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
oldschoolmom39
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by oldschoolmom39 »

I haven't watched their vlogs in a while but decided to check the newest one out when it popped up in my feed and nothing has changed. Still boring as ever, Brooks still has that pacifier in his mouth and Gaines is still star of the show. They really need to step up their game.
Floundering
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Floundering »

Following recent mention of it, I finally watched the house tour video of the mansion. Towards the end @ about 21mins, when down in the garage they show a sound proof room (which they say is not sound proof!!) and mention this will have a camera permanently set up and will be used for filming.

Has it ever been?! I don't recall ever having seen this room before. I stopped watching regularly a few months ago so perhaps they have started using it? Or is this the room that was to be Cullen's office which now has a leak they have not fixed?

Just wondering how many more rooms there are in that house we've never seen before!!
woahnow
Talker
Talker

Unread post by woahnow »

Floundering wrote:Following recent mention of it, I finally watched the house tour video of the mansion. Towards the end @ about 21mins, when down in the garage they show a sound proof room (which they say is not sound proof!!) and mention this will have a camera permanently set up and will be used for filming.

Has it ever been?! I don't recall ever having seen this room before. I stopped watching regularly a few months ago so perhaps they have started using it? Or is this the room that was to be Cullen's office which now has a leak they have not fixed?

Just wondering how many more rooms there are in that house we've never seen before!!
That house is HUGE. the only rooms we see our the kitchen, living room, playroom and their bedrooms. They have a giant formal living and dining room, 3 bedrooms not being used and the kids have an upstairs playroom

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Return to “Cullen and Katie”