C&K: For Views & Money, You're Still My Honey | Part 22

Boymomma123
Talker
Talker

Re: C&K: For Views & Money, You're Still My Honey | Part 22

Post by Boymomma123 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:34 am

They obviously are not planning in downsizing too much Katie mentioned in the livestream that they still want a house larger than their previous home which was at least 2500 sq ft. Correct me if I am wrong, she also mentioned possibly renting to save more money? So they are "downsizing" but not really it is obvious they are just looking to buy a less expensive home. Which is fine but I don't know why they have to pretend it's mostly because the home is too large. They must still think that Yt will start bringing in more income again.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

wishes
Informer
Informer

Post by wishes » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:49 am

Renting to own is one thing, but just renting to save money is not smart. You're practically throwing away money which could be earned towards a mortgage. Typical Katie... switching up the story to actually do wanting a large house, just a tad smaller than what they have. Oy, they don't know what they want, just not the price tag that comes along with it.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Boymomma123
Talker
Talker

Post by Boymomma123 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:00 pm

Does anyone know what the HOA fees are for their current neighborhood? I don't remember if it was ever discussed, just wondering if they are high.

wishes
Informer
Informer

Post by wishes » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:01 pm

Gah, again with the shifty eyes!! She must feel embarrassed or something to cause her to keep looking away.
☆彡
Boymomma123
Talker
Talker

Post by Boymomma123 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:15 pm

She also talked about coming to the realization that they don't need a large home yet she said they want a home larger than their previous home. I am from Ohio and 2500 sq ft is a large home their current home is over 5000. I know real estate is cheaper in Alabama than other parts of the country but she is just killing me with this while "living in a smaller home" mantra. 2500 to 3000 sq ft is considered a large home for the average american. I hope they are truly changing their spending habits and their ideas about success and happiness because having all of those "things" that were once so important to Katie don't bring happiness but I just don't buy it. She also kind of admitted that they had to work harder the past months to pay their bills, and how they "had to work" I think basically saying they were living paycheck to paycheck. I just don't understand when they will get that wake up call that yt is not a reliable income and one of them needs to grow up and get a job. They are so hard to relate to now a days.

wishes
Informer
Informer

Post by wishes » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:21 pm

Ok, sorry for all these posts. Why does Katie have a moderator named Holly Adams for the Live Chat? Not sure how live chats work so it was weird to see that...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
☆彡
nutbagmcgee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by nutbagmcgee » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:48 pm

I bet they will end up with something like this.

Check out this home at Realtor.com
$319,900
5 beds · 3 baths
5921 Shades Run Ln, Hoover
https://b1iw.app.link/5qH6bvHbfY
chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by chloe6124 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:12 pm

wishes wrote:Renting to own is one thing, but just renting to save money is not smart. You're practically throwing away money which could be earned towards a mortgage. Typical Katie... switching up the story to actually do wanting a large house, just a tad smaller than what they have. Oy, they don't know what they want, just not the price tag that comes along with it.
It all depends on how cheap you go on rent. Not to mention all the up keep a house you own needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:14 pm

wishes wrote:Ok, sorry for all these posts. Why does Katie have a moderator named Holly Adams for the Live Chat? Not sure how live chats work so it was weird to see that...
I guess this is why she only did the live on YT this time. Having someone controlling your comments doesn’t exactly seem very open.

Catface2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Catface2 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:06 pm

I seriously can’t get over ALL that crap! Looks like episode of Hoarders. :|
Eh_okay
Has thanked: 0

Post by Eh_okay » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:19 pm

wishes wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:49 am
Renting to own is one thing, but just renting to save money is not smart. You're practically throwing away money which could be earned towards a mortgage. Typical Katie... switching up the story to actually do wanting a large house, just a tad smaller than what they have. Oy, they don't know what they want, just not the price tag that comes along with it.
Renting might not be a good investment, but they prob can’t afford all that comes with being a homeowner. For example HOA dues and any out of the ordinary maintenance. There are pros and cons to both owning and renting.
princesseggbert
Amateur
Amateur

Post by princesseggbert » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:18 pm

Here's a theory. The HOA are kicking them out due to them breaking rules with the dogs on the course ect.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

nutbagmcgee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by nutbagmcgee » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:43 am

I have been checking out the HOA fees. It looks like the basics are under $50 a month. You go up from there for golf access/pool/ gym/etc.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by freshbalsam » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:11 am

Did she answer anything interesting in her Q&A? Want to watch but not if it’s her skimming over all the real questions.

Boymomma123
Talker
Talker

Post by Boymomma123 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:46 am

freshbalsam wrote:Did she answer anything interesting in her Q&A? Want to watch but not if it’s her skimming over all the real questions.

I think she was pretty vague with her answers.
They have not decided what size house they want they just want a specific layout.

They can't start the buying process for a new house until this one sells.

If the house sells quickly they could rent or stay with family

They want to take their time finding the perfect home because last time they rushed.

Gaines is perfect and understands everything and agrees with them a small house would be perfect and asks so many questions. Brooks doesn't care or understand.

Someone asked if they would look near Britney and I thought Katie was being kind of uppity with her answer. She said that the houses are nice but she didn't sound convinced. Which is what leads me to believe they will still be in a large home. A house like Brittney's would be perfect for a family of four. She said she wasn't sure about the square footage of either house but said they want a house bigger than the last but smaller than this one with an open concept.

They would buys new if there was a new build that was already built so they would not have to make decisions.

She didn't seem to worried about staying in the same school district which surprised me.

She talked about how crazy their spending was getting and how they didn't care about saving money anymore.

Sorry that is all I remember, she seemed to be pretty honest with the questions she answered but she chose which question answer and the live chat was monitored so no really juicy questions got asked.

evil_twin_
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by evil_twin_ » Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:47 am

wishes wrote:Ok, sorry for all these posts. Why does Katie have a moderator named Holly Adams for the Live Chat? Not sure how live chats work so it was weird to see that...
Anyone who does live videos on YouTube can appoint moderators to delete inappropriate comments and mute the people making them.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

evil_twin_
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by evil_twin_ » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:04 am

amay17 wrote:Did Dolly's Instagram comment get deleted?? I was looking back and didn't see it.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
I just looked. It's on Cullen's Instagram post about the basement clutter.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

PBandJelly
Amateur
Amateur

Post by PBandJelly » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:27 am

Boymomma123 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:46 am
freshbalsam wrote:Did she answer anything interesting in her Q&A? Want to watch but not if it’s her skimming over all the real questions.

They have not decided what size house they want they just want a specific layout.

They want to take their time finding the perfect home because last time they rushed.

Gaines is perfect and understands everything and agrees with them a small house would be perfect and asks so many questions. Brooks doesn't care or understand.

Someone asked if they would look near Britney and I thought Katie was being kind of uppity with her answer. She said that the houses are nice but she didn't sound convinced. Which is what leads me to believe they will still be in a large home. A house like Brittney's would be perfect for a family of four. She said she wasn't sure about the square footage of either house but said they want a house bigger than the last but smaller than this one with an open concept.

They would buys new if there was a new build that was already built so they would not have to make decisions.

She didn't seem to worried about staying in the same school district which surprised me.

She talked about how crazy their spending was getting and how they didn't care about saving money anymore.

Sorry that is all I remember, she seemed to be pretty honest with the questions she answered but she chose which question answer and the live chat was monitored so no really juicy questions got asked.

when she talked about moving to Britney's neighborhood, she said something/alluded to the fact that they like the houses in the neighborhood but living there wouldn't be a good idea because of where it is and then seemed to get flustered and talked about how she didn't want to get into "personal" stuff. I immediately thought that maybe Cullen's old dealer lived our that way and that's why the location wouldn't work.
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by freshbalsam » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:45 am

Boymomma123 wrote:

Thanks for the recap! I can’t believe they just said screw it with saving and let their spending get so out of control, especially with 2 kids!!
nutbagmcgee
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

C&K: For Views & Money, You're Still My Honey | Part 22

Post by nutbagmcgee » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:36 pm

The house just went live, $695,000.

It is the 2nd most expensive house in the neighborhood. There is no way they will sell it.
wishes
Informer
Informer

Post by wishes » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:49 pm

nutbagmcgee wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:36 pm

It is the 2nd most expensive house in the neighborhood. There is no way they will sell it.
Lol, I just came here after I saw the active listing. Wow... high hopes, I guess.
☆彡
wishes
Informer
Informer

Post by wishes » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:05 pm

Aw, the hand print wallpaper in the laundry room. Cute idea which was meant for their forever home, now.. just goes to waste.
☆彡
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:29 pm

wishes wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:36 pm

Lol, I just came here after I saw the active listing. Wow... high hopes, I guess.
How much are they asking?
NVM. Saw it.
They're delusional.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

irishmiss
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Post by irishmiss » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:35 pm

Wow that house is just enormous but just not in a good way at all. The only family I could see that house suiting is a rich professional husband/ homemaker wife with great decorating skills who have 4+ children....and maybe also a grandparent who lives with them because there is enough space to make a self contained apartment within the house. Don't forget the huge basement thats not in the pictures either. It has potential to be a really nice traditional southern home but a lot of time and money would be needed.

It is too overpriced for something that still requires a lot of updating. Also the pictures really show how the wood floors, paint colour and their furniture don't go together. The whole lot just really didn't work together.

Katies livestream: I got the impression that she anticipates renting/ staying with family for a couple of months. Emphasis on the word "she" because 1. Cullen wasn't in the video but more importantly I wonder if she doesn't wanna buy something with Cullen immediately because she is still considering leaving him? Katie is not the type to be chill about not having a house and particularly so with Gaines going to school and all that. I would think she would want to be living in a particular school district and Gaines mixing with the other kids asap. It just seems out of character that that is not top of her list right now.
Boymomma123
Talker
Talker

Post by Boymomma123 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:38 pm

The house actually looks much nicer compared to when they bought it. They did a nice job staging it but it is still very dated in some ways. Asking 50,000 more than they purchased it for 2 years earlier is kind of crazy. All they did was paint and renovate the master bath, which did turn out gorgeous but the house still has a lot more that needs upgraded. Those pictures really put into perspective how huge that house is.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”