Cullen and Katie: Selling up then splitting up | Part #23

HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Cullen and Katie: Selling up then splitting up | Part #23

Post by HelloSweetie » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:59 am

I’m sure Cullen AND Katie’s inability to act like mature adults (and all that’s been going along with that) has a lot to do with the rift. No doubt Katie’s family told them to grow up, and Katie (who doesn’t exactly take criticism well) took offence and decided to dig her heals in and freeze them out. They are the problem... not her. The way she treats Cullen is a large indicator of how she likely treats others in her life. She’s perfect as is, so feedback is not appreciated. Any suggestion that she return to work (and stop drinking herself) would no doubt be met with righteous indignation. We’ve seen Dolly get angry with them for things like leaving Gaines in the car while they go out for lunch, and Katie still did nothing. I don’t think her behaviour has as much to do with wanting to please her parents and fit in with her sister as everyone else here does. I don’t think their problems can be blamed on any of Katie’s family. The immaturity that led Cullen and Katie to start YT in the first place and become lazy sloths who improperly care for their pets and kids is all on them. I mean, you have to be incredibly lazy and entitled to let your dogs free run on the golf course, and let your cats piss all over your house without doing anything about it..... and these are the things they choose to show! Just think what we are we not seeing that Katie’s family might be...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boymomma123
Informer
Informer

Re: Cullen and Katie: Selling up then splitting up | Part #23

Post by Boymomma123 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:03 am

I also wonder if C and K read here so frequently that they realized Kelly showed some pretty nasty behavior from Gaines in her vlogs before the rift started.

I remember they were at Doc and Dolly's house for some family function and Gaines was pushing Jay's brothers daughter and just displaying bratty behavior. Maybe Katie said something to her sister about editing out footage like that.

I think HelloSweetie has it right, Katie is ALWAYS right! Constructive criticism does not get through to her so now her family is just toxic and judgemental. Who knows, we probably will never know the truth I doubt they will ever talk about it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Post by auntasaurus19 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:15 am

I listened to a few of Katie’s podcasts the other day. I think Katie blames the way she was brought up for a bunch of her “trust yourself” issues. She said both her and Cullen gave one another the silent treatment because that is the relationship model they both had. She also said in another podcast that she wasn’t going to make her kids dress like “other kids” to make other people happy. She said Gaines shouldn’t have to wear big bows in her hair because that’s what is expected of her from someone else. (Pretty sure Granddolly buys a lot of those matching dresses for Gaines and Emily.)

I think once Katie realized she and Cullen were never going to live up to the “country club lifestyle” her parents expected of them, she completely went the other way bucking traditions and giving her mom the big FU all in the name of “trust yourself”. No more Granddolly days, replying/arguing with Granddolly on IG about how “things should not bring you happiness”. I’m sure Kelley takes Granddolly’s side and they both think Katie is being a raging asshole. Kelley and Granddolly obviously do quite a bit together without Katie so I’m sure they talk about her constantly. Maybe Katie realized she and Cullen are the black sheep so she’s really giving the family a run for their money.

I do think the sisters were together this weekend decorating Granddoc and Granddolly’s house for Christmas though. It looked like it in the birthday message they sent Granddoc and the timing would make sense.

irishmiss
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0

Post by irishmiss » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:23 am

HelloSweetie wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:59 am
and these are the things they choose to show! Just think what we are we not seeing that Katie’s family might be...

That’s kind of where I’m going with this. We only see a small glimpse into their lives and they choose what to tell us yet we know there has been drink and drug abuse in that house and how they were unable to function enough to get the everyday things done. Just imagine how much worse things actually were/are!!

Katie’s family knew they were having problems I’m sure but I think they happened to find out something a lot worse than we know about that caused the big rift. Like I wonder have they done something illegal (other than the drug taking) or Neglect the kids or something
PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by PirateWench8 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:28 am

irishmiss wrote:I just watched the JK today thanksgiving vlog and its looked like a lovely day with family.Not over the top, just nice and relaxing. All Jay's family came and Doc & Dolly.......It just made me wonder what in the heck has happened in that family this year that the only people missing were C&K??

I get it if they were feeling a bit suffocated by the family and wanted to do their own thing a bit more but I really think its more than that. I feel like sooner or later its gonna be addressed by either C&K or J&k. My guess is that there will be a big arguement over the holidays along with lots of questions from followers and someone will spill. My guess- Jay & Kelley.
Didn’t Cullen and Katie go to Thanksgiving dinner the day before at Grandoc and Grandolly’s house? Jay, Kelley and their kids were there too. On Thanksgiving Day itself Cullen and Katie spent it with Cullen’s family. I don’t see a problem with that. We used to do the same thing when my husband’s mother was still living. We would have Thanksgiving dinner at her house on Wednesday with her, his siblings and families. We would spend actual Thanksgiving with my parents, step-parents, siblings and their families. Yes my parents remained friends and we would all celebrate the holidays together as a family.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Lovethesnark » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:33 am

Katie learned her behavior from somewhere. She’s an adult and no one else should be held responsible for how she acts now. I don’t think she’s completely the blame for the state of her relationships with her family. We could see that they had problems for years before they admitted it. I’m certain her family knew as well. I’m fairly certain her family was the reason Katie in particular was super defensive about Cullen’s choice to do YouTube. She became even more defensive when she quit her job. I don’t think her family suggesting that they get jobs would set her off. I don’t think it’s anything new coming from them. The relationships changed when Katie and Cullen started being a little bit more honest about their situation. If they could have kept up the facade, I don’t think we would see the distance between them. Grandberry visited them way less than Katie’s family, but she walked in on them being wasted on a weeknight and busted their asses. I can’t imagine how many times Dolly or Kelley witnessed the same and nothing changed. I doubt that’s the only thing Grandberry has busted their asses about, but their relationship with her hasn’t suffered.

Littlemama
Talker
Talker

Post by Littlemama » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:43 am

They are going to use what happen to Emma to make 15 videos about it for views. Sad!
Boymomma123
Informer
Informer

Post by Boymomma123 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:55 pm

Littlemama wrote:They are going to use what happen to Emma to make 15 videos about it for views. Sad!
What I can't believe is all the viewers who watch that crap and don't call them out for their b.s. They just continue to praise them.

lovingthisforum
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lovingthisforum » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:59 pm

Littlemama wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:43 am
They are going to use what happen to Emma to make 15 videos about it for views. Sad!
And still will only have 6k views...
evil_twin_
Amateur
Amateur

Post by evil_twin_ » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:33 pm

I am listening to Katie's podcast "The Danger of Not Trusting Yourself." She said she was very specifically taught while growing up not to trust herself. She wore one of her "Trust Yourself" shirts to her parents' house, and her mom said, "You know that's the opposite of what I've always taught you." That blows my mind.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

HelloSweetie
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by HelloSweetie » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:38 pm

evil_twin_ wrote:I am listening to Katie's podcast "The Danger of Not Trusting Yourself." She said she was very specifically taught while growing up not to trust herself. She wore one of her "Trust Yourself" shirts to her parents' house, and her mom said, "You know that's the opposite of what I've always taught you." That blows my mind.

I don’t think Katie is a reliable narrator tbh.

Plus I don’t think she can trust her judgement these days given the choices they are making. If Katie is taking her power back like some seem to think, I actually believe they were better off when they cared what family thought.

irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Post by irishmiss » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:34 am

evil_twin_ wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:33 pm
I am listening to Katie's podcast "The Danger of Not Trusting Yourself." She said she was very specifically taught while growing up not to trust herself. She wore one of her "Trust Yourself" shirts to her parents' house, and her mom said, "You know that's the opposite of what I've always taught you." That blows my mind.

Omg she said that? I’m trying to find it now!

I can’t believe she is so publicly criticizing her family when they have done so much for her! No wonder there is a big rift. I’m sure Kelley is furious with her.

Regarding her mom saying that, I think Katie has completely misread what her mom means by that. I don’t think she literally meant “don’t trust anything you think and just do what I say”. She probably meant look to god and other older wiser people for guidance before making big decisions.

Katie is so twisted in the head right now
Boymomma123
Informer
Informer

Post by Boymomma123 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:35 am

The kids were way better off when C&K cared what family thought about their parenting! Now they just continue to ruin their children. In the vlog today Cullen and Gaines were being so mean to Brooks over "lying" about leaving water out for the dog. I get trying to explain to him that making up a story is lying but I think he was being harsh. Then of course he was allowing Gaines to speak to her brother like she has authority over him. But if Gaines had been "telling a story/lying they would have treated the incident completely different.

I understand feeling like your parent is constantly questioning you parenting skills but with Katie I don't believe that her parents are being malicious. Obviously, it wasn't something too terrible that went on between them because they still see them. I assume they suggested Katie and Cullen go back to the real world and get jobs. Or god forbid suggest that they ease up on poor Brooks and feed their kids something other than cheese covered noodles for every meal.

irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Post by irishmiss » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:00 am

Right now c&k have somewhat got their shit together and feel like they can do anything but in 6-12 months time of Cullen has a relapse and shit hits the fan who will Katie turn to then? Bad times are going to happen some day and she will have alienated her family.

If she keeps up this public criticism of her mother I can see Kelley addressing it. I think Kelley must be furious about what Katie is saying and will snap if Katie says much more
lovingthisforum
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by lovingthisforum » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:12 am

Katie doesn't have to be so childish to wear a provocative shirt when visiting her mother, not smart, or a wise approach to solve a problem. But I have done wrong things as well when I try to change, you tend to exaggerate maybe or apply it on the wrong moments, I have at least. Katie doesn't come across to me though as someone who doesn't trust herself, and I don't know what she means by it. The only concrete thing I know she explained is that she wanted to learn to say NO, but this has a weak connection if truly at all, with self-trust. Katie wants to say she is open but really isn't.

Did she give examples of her mom _treating_ her in certain ways that implicitly taught and caused her not to trust herself? Or was she vague and non insightful, as usual :P , and only repeated the pretty meaningless statement 'she has to trust herself', and that her mother said "you know that is the opposite etc" ? Saying you shouldn't trust yourself in certain situations is a whole lot different than being treated as such and doesn't really cause self-trust issues, like in doubting your perception or not taking yourself seriously enough and truly believing in yourself. It sounds more like listen to God to me, which in it's deepest meaning means precisely the opposite: trusting yourself by listening to God inside yourself. Or else I'm flabbergasted a mother would teach her child to distrust herself, I mean in an explicit, saying-way.
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:27 am

Katie is passive aggressive. Always has been, at least as long as they have been on social media. She makes vague, cryptic comments on Twitter and IG, and never comes out and says what she means or whom she is aiming her comments at.
Wonder if Kelley and Dolly said that they weren't going to keep taking the kids just so C&K could get wasted and sleep all day. They've talked about day drinking.
Cullen can't "relapse", because he's not in recovery. They have posted a ton of videos of themselves obviously wasted. He may not be doing drugs, but he is still drinking a lot.
They keep going on about how "happy" they are. But if you are passive aggressively sniping at your family online, you can't be happy, really. It's just not a healthy way to deal with things.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

thatonemom
Amateur
Amateur

Post by thatonemom » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:38 am

Hi All! Long time lurker and 1st time posting in this forum. I used to watch C&K vlogs regularly and now I barely watch as they are so freaking boring! I get caught up on the shit show that is their life by reading here..lol! I was looking at their homeowners associate newsletter and there was something in there about the leash law in their town...obviously, pets have to be leashed at all times and owners are to pick up after their pets...we know C&K does not do either of those things! There was also something about the golf course and how people are not supposed to be on the golf course if they are not playing golf...duh! It said to stay off the cart paths and there was to be no bike riding. Wasn't it just a few weeks ago cullen had the kids out there with the car and was pulling them up and down the hill? At one point, I am pretty sure cullen mentioned a golfer was near by and they were possibly in their way. No doubt, them moving into that fancy neighborhood and acting like trailer trash was part of the rift with Kelley and Jay. I was also surprised to see ALL the rules that residents must follow..new mulch every year...things like that, pretty strict! I bet Kelly and Jay cannot wait for them to move.....I feel bad for the neighbors of where ever they are moving..lol
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by onbreak » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:40 pm

I have a narcissist for a mother. One thing I can add is- I was brought up to constantly second guess myself. My grandma isn't a narcissist, not sure who my mom picked this up from or what happened in her life to enjoy causing chaos.
I can also say, once my mommy dearest narcissist started reading up on certain things we accused her of, she was all of a sudden an overnight know-it-all and everything is our fault.. she's perfect LMFAO

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

Boymomma123
Informer
Informer

Post by Boymomma123 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:04 pm

onbreak wrote:I have a narcissist for a mother. One thing I can add is- I was brought up to constantly second guess myself. My grandma isn't a narcissist, not sure who my mom picked this up from or what happened in her life to enjoy causing chaos.
I can also say, once my mommy dearest narcissist started reading up on certain things we accused her of, she was all of a sudden an overnight know-it-all and everything is our fault.. she's perfect LMFAO

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
Which as others have pointed out already, that is exactly the attitude that Katie has with her new found self help journey.

Brooks is wild because he is just like Cullen and a boy.

They don't know how to have a healthy relationship because her parents didn't know how to communicate.

Someone gives parenting/life advice bam they are toxic and she just needs to trust her self.

I really think she is just trying to convince herself that she doesn't need a fancy house, name brand clothes and the lifestyle she was brought up with. But not because she realizes those material things aren't important. The only reason she is suddenly okay with this new lifestyle is because she has no other choice. They can't afford a life like her sister and parents. If the money suddenly came rolling back in they would keep the huge house and fill the kids closets with all the smocked/monogrammed overpriced outfits.

lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:39 pm

thatonemom wrote:Hi All! Long time lurker and 1st time posting in this forum. I used to watch C&K vlogs regularly and now I barely watch as they are so freaking boring! I get caught up on the shit show that is their life by reading here..lol! I was looking at their homeowners associate newsletter and there was something in there about the leash law in their town...obviously, pets have to be leashed at all times and owners are to pick up after their pets...we know C&K does not do either of those things! There was also something about the golf course and how people are not supposed to be on the golf course if they are not playing golf...duh! It said to stay off the cart paths and there was to be no bike riding. Wasn't it just a few weeks ago cullen had the kids out there with the car and was pulling them up and down the hill? At one point, I am pretty sure cullen mentioned a golfer was near by and they were possibly in their way. No doubt, them moving into that fancy neighborhood and acting like trailer trash was part of the rift with Kelley and Jay. I was also surprised to see ALL the rules that residents must follow..new mulch every year...things like that, pretty strict! I bet Kelly and Jay cannot wait for them to move.....I feel bad for the neighbors of where ever they are moving..lol
Welcome! You and I think the same way. It may not be the whole reason for the rift, but as active as Kelley is in the country club, and the way C&K run around breaking the HOA rules (letting the dogs run loose on the golf course and in the neighborhood, driving the golf cart around wasted, letting the kids run loose on the golf course, not picking up after the dogs) I am sure it's got _something_ to do with it.

Scar2016
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Post by Scar2016 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:09 pm

lmmomSD wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 11:40 am
So, one of the dogs was out "going tee tee" (what grown man says that?) and went after another dog, and got bitten.
This is what happens when you let your dogs run loose. She probably thinks the golf course is her territory. And she was "doing that ankle bite thing that she does". So she instigated. Their neighbors are probably going to be so happy for them to leave!
I wonder if their trashy behavior in the neighborhood had something to do with the fall-out with Kelley. I can imagine people saying something to Kelley and Jay about them, and those two getting tired of looking bad by association, and telling C&K to get their act together.
They are walking talking proof that money can't buy class. And they don't even have the money anymore.

It’s a race to the bottom of the red neck barrel, between C&K and their nemesis Sam and Nia.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
lmmomSD
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by lmmomSD » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:53 pm

Scar2016 wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:
So, one of the dogs was out "going tee tee" (what grown man says that?) and went after another dog, and got bitten.
This is what happens when you let your dogs run loose. She probably thinks the golf course is her territory. And she was "doing that ankle bite thing that she does". So she instigated. Their neighbors are probably going to be so happy for them to leave!
I wonder if their trashy behavior in the neighborhood had something to do with the fall-out with Kelley. I can imagine people saying something to Kelley and Jay about them, and those two getting tired of looking bad by association, and telling C&K to get their act together.
They are walking talking proof that money can't buy class. And they don't even have the money anymore.

It’s a race to the bottom of the red neck barrel, between C&K and their nemesis Sam and Nia.
LMAO! Remember how everyone loved them back then?
Lo, how the mighty have fallen!

thatonemom
Amateur
Amateur

Post by thatonemom » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:44 am

Scar2016 wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:09 pm
lmmomSD wrote:

Ha! I was just thinking about the issue Cullen had with Sam years ago at Vlogger Fair. Cullen and Katie were on their high horse looking down on Sam and now look where they are! Don't get me wrong...I can't stand Sam and Nia but they are doing well in comparison to C&K! They have over 2 million subs (granted Sam bought most of those but at least he could afford to do that..lol) and they just moved into a new house. At least they were smart enough to entirely pay off their old house before buying a new one. Oh how the tides have changed.......hahahahaha
Boymomma123
Informer
Informer

Post by Boymomma123 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:19 am

The really sad part is I think C and K made it sound like their first house was mostly paid off and they were making a profit from the sale. Then they bought the mcmansion and their channel tanked so they lost all of that equity they had in their old house and are now barely making it.

In yesterday's vlog she was talking about get all of their cable/cell phone Bill's lowered to save money. Which everyone should do from time to time but I think they were doing it out of necessity.

I am curious to know what their game plan is for January. It seems like family channels are going to be labeled as for kids simply because they have young children in their videos. The gravy train is ending and they face heavy fines for mislabeling their content. I would hope that Katie would grow up and go back to work at least part time. They could continue their podcasts and Instagram ads and be fine.

Catface2
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Catface2 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:51 am

Ok..so they said they went to doc and Dolly’s to decorate with Kelley and jay..but they didn’t show any of it. They always show it. Hmm..that’s telling. Those sisters do not get along anymore. Can you imagine all the sniping that must have gone on whilst trying to decorate? Would have been hell.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”