Cullen and Katie: Drowning in debt, parenting is inept | Part #24

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Drowning in debt, parenting is inept | Part #24

Unread post by Boymomma123 »

Getting jobs outside the home would also help them to stay out of stores and help avoid impulse purchases.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Her parents should buy the golf cart and take it to their beach house. They rent one when they are there anyways. Now when they rent the house the tenants can’t use it because of insurance reason, but I have rented homes with a golf cart in the garage with no key. I guess since C&K would think it a hand out with conditions and not make that deal. “Trust Yourself”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PirateWench8
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by PirateWench8 »

angelfire89 wrote:
lovingthisforum wrote:I am sorry, but $30 is a big deal when you can't put food on the table and 4x30= $120 each month: free food. There is no excuse to not walk in the store to collect your food (especially when she claims to want to lose weight :p but does want to receive all the compliments), I can't see any other reason than pure laziness plus entitlement in Katie's case. And it is a big deal when it shows their attitude (in particular Katie's) hasn't changed. It's Katie's attitude (plus dumbness) for the most part to begin with that caused the mess they're in (if true). She is the one who wants status and act out the fantasy of living the life of her parents when she was a kid, and her idolization of gaines is all part of this.
By spending $30, it’s not an extra $30. You just have to spend $30 in groceries. For instance, you can’t use pickup for that one or two items you forgot but if you’re busy (which they’re clearly not) using pickup when you’re already spend $100-200 on groceries for a week anyway is free. Although I’m really curious if the online prices match those on store. It is very possible that they are adding small amounts (dollars and cents) to each item to balance the cost of extra labor. Which many people wouldn’t notice or mind for the convenience but when you’re in a major debt crisis and have the free time to do grocery shopping, those few dollars could make a lot of difference. Especially when you’re already buying a lot of prepackaged/convenience food that you could be making yourself.
I use Walmart grocery pickup up quite often. The online price and the in store price is exactly the same. It is completely free you just have to buy $30 in groceries in order to use it. It’s very convenient for me. I’m not spending time in the store conducting search parties for my two teenage sons and almost 11-year-old daughter. I have five kids and when I get them in a store I feel like I’m trying to herd cattle and shop at the same time. It’s nerve wracking as hell!

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Cullen has been posting more stuff to sell on Facebook marketplace. Mostly the kids stuff, I guess they will just try to sell everything they can to pay their bills. Somehow that seems a lot more stressful than getting a part time job. There are so many freelance job opportunities they could be taking advantage of. They need to trade that gas guzzling suburban in for something much more affordable. I doubt they will though can't risk getting judged at school drop off! Got to keep up with those Jones's even if it means being homeless!

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Boymomma123 wrote:Getting jobs outside the home would also help them to stay out of stores and help avoid impulse purchases.

Unless Katie got a job someplace like Nordstrom, lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Boymomma123 wrote:Cullen has been posting more stuff to sell on Facebook marketplace. Mostly the kids stuff, I guess they will just try to sell everything they can to pay their bills. Somehow that seems a lot more stressful than getting a part time job. There are so many freelance job opportunities they could be taking advantage of. They need to trade that gas guzzling suburban in for something much more affordable. I doubt they will though can't risk getting judged at school drop off! Got to keep up with those Jones's even if it means being homeless!

And while they are waiting to sell it (although what they should do is trade it in for something smaller, and less expensive),they could do Uber or Lyft.
They just don't see the forest for the trees.

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Cullen and Katie: Drowning in debt, parenting is inept | Part #24

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

They just don’t want to give up the lifestyle they have more than they want to get out of debt. It’s easier to just stay in denial. They say they get it, but they don’t. Anyone who has followed Dave Ramsey before knows how credit card interest works and why it’s such a bad idea to carry a balance in them. C&K are just convincing themselves it’s fine because it’s only to get by for a month or two until they sell their house. This is the same logic that has them thinking there is no point in taking in second jobs or cancelling Activities. Trouble is, without changing their lifestyle they are just going to build that credit card debt back up again and be back in trouble within months.

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

PirateWench8 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:21 am
I use Walmart grocery pickup up quite often. The online price and the in store price is exactly the same. It is completely free you just have to buy $30 in groceries in order to use it. It’s very convenient for me. I’m not spending time in the store conducting search parties for my two teenage sons and almost 11-year-old daughter. I have five kids and when I get them in a store I feel like I’m trying to herd cattle and shop at the same time. It’s nerve wracking as hell!

That's a very cool service, I wish they had that here where I live, I would make use of it, it safes a lot of time and seems very efficient! Someone said it cost $30, then someone else said that's not a big deal, when I said it is when you can't put food on the table and multiply it a couple of times for cost per month :? Now she has more time to work and color in her budget
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

They talked about most likely renting after they sell the house which will probably be their only option. I wonder what type of house they would plan on renting? You would think they would want fairly low rent so they could continue to pay off debt and save. I would think they would want to sell as much stuff as they could c ok considering they will more than likely be downsizing significantly.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

lovingthisforum wrote:
PirateWench8 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:21 am

That's a very cool service, I wish they had that here where I live, I would make use of it, it safes a lot of time and seems very efficient! Someone said it cost $30, then someone else said that's not a big deal, when I said it is when you can't put food on the table and multiply it a couple of times for cost per month :? Now she has more time to work and color in her budget
Yeah, I think it's the semantics that got mixed up. It doesn't cost ANY extra. You just have to buy $30 worth of groceries, which they can easily do,shopping for 4 people.
And they bring it out to you and help you load it. It's awesome!

HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I also can't wrap my head around the fact that they are facing foreclosure on their home because they stopped making mortgage payments, and they seemingly haven't pulled their daughter out of gymnastics or their son out of preschool. It sucks for the kids, but mom and dad can't afford the roof that's currently over their heads. They don't have money for extracurriculars, and it sounds like they're in denial about that. They will most likely need to bring cash to closing just to get out from under this mortgage. That's going to be a rude awakening.
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:I also can't wrap my head around the fact that they are facing foreclosure on their home because they stopped making mortgage payments, and they seemingly haven't pulled their daughter out of gymnastics or their son out of preschool. It sucks for the kids, but mom and dad can't afford the roof that's currently over their heads. They don't have money for extracurriculars, and it sounds like they're in denial about that. They will most likely need to bring cash to closing just to get out from under this mortgage. That's going to be a rude awakening.
What is really sad is it seems like they took Brooks out of karate yet left Gaines in gymnastics. They mentioned in a vlog back in the fall/early winter how expensive it was. He could still be in it but they have not posted about it in a while or spoken about it in any vlogs. I am sure it can't be more money than gymnastics and if they can't afford for both to be in extracurriculars than neither of them should be right now. Having her princess in gymnastics helps her keep up her wannabe country club lifestyle though.

Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Sorry for the double post!

I also don't think they understand the reasons Dave Ramsey would suggest you sell some of your possessions. They are trying to sell their stuff to get enough money to pay their bills that they otherwise cannot afford. They admitted to not paying their mortgage the same month that they had to sell 1000 worth of stuff to buy christmas gifts. So even without paying their mortgage they still could not afford groceries. DR suggests selling things as a way to make extra money to put toward your debt. It is just another part of the process they don't understand and another reason all signs point to seeking other types of employment. Why no video today? Pure laziness.

Mommy359
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Mommy359 »

If they have skipped making some house payments then I wonder if the suv is close to reposition. Do y’all think they’ve missed a payment on that?
Coletrain_04
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Coletrain_04 »

HashtagBlessed wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:35 pm I also can't wrap my head around the fact that they are facing foreclosure on their home because they stopped making mortgage payments, and they seemingly haven't pulled their daughter out of gymnastics or their son out of preschool. It sucks for the kids, but mom and dad can't afford the roof that's currently over their heads. They don't have money for extracurriculars, and it sounds like they're in denial about that. They will most likely need to bring cash to closing just to get out from under this mortgage. That's going to be a rude awakening.
THIS! 100%! They can not keep their kids in preschool or activities. They are behind on house payments! That is scary!!! Preschool has to around $700 a month. Give or take. Unless someone else is paying for that. When are they going to talk about their expenses?!?!
Boymomma123
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Cullen just shared they sold the golf cart and showed a picture of on of the debt coloring sheets that was labeled get current. The amount was almost $14,000 so with their current bills they are behind by $14,000?! That is so scary, having credit card debt is one thing and yes it is terrible to only be able to make the minimum payment but being behind on bills to that extent is so scary.

Romeoxsavexme
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Romeoxsavexme »

Boymomma123 wrote:Cullen just shared they sold the golf cart and showed a picture of on of the debt coloring sheets that was labeled get current. The amount was almost $14,000 so with their current bills they are behind by $14,000?! That is so scary, having credit card debt is one thing and yes it is terrible to only be able to make the minimum payment but being behind on bills to that extent is so scary.

Wow that $28,000 isn’t even going to help much with knocking out their debt. Yikes.

SNT41007
Talker
Talker

Unread post by SNT41007 »

Boymomma123 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:56 pm Cullen just shared they sold the golf cart and showed a picture of on of the debt coloring sheets that was labeled get current. The amount was almost $14,000 so with their current bills they are behind by $14,000?! That is so scary, having credit card debt is one thing and yes it is terrible to only be able to make the minimum payment but being behind on bills to that extent is so scary.

I noticed that amount as well....how on earth do you get THAT far behind on mortgage and other bills... having debt is one thing, if you can at least make minimums I can see how it can stack up if you don't really pay too much attention, but can you imagine the collection calls on 14K worth of debt!!??
rosie_dalia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by rosie_dalia »

SNT41007 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:35 pm
Boymomma123 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:56 pm Cullen just shared they sold the golf cart and showed a picture of on of the debt coloring sheets that was labeled get current. The amount was almost $14,000 so with their current bills they are behind by $14,000?! That is so scary, having credit card debt is one thing and yes it is terrible to only be able to make the minimum payment but being behind on bills to that extent is so scary.

I noticed that amount as well....how on earth do you get THAT far behind on mortgage and other bills... having debt is one thing, if you can at least make minimums I can see how it can stack up if you don't really pay too much attention, but can you imagine the collection calls on 14K worth of debt!!??
Well, I'm sure there are also huge late fees when you don't pay the bills. I agree with everyone. Why did they think they could just stop paying their mortgage when there was high chance the deal was going to fall through—and it did. Or did they stop paying way back last summer when they listed the house?? They never really made it clear when they stopped paying.

How are they that dumb?
ba1006
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ba1006 »

Grinandbearit17 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:14 am
shortstop wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:50 pm Man to get paid 28k for one month
I quit watching them awhile ago, but I’m curious was it one brand deal to get $28K or that just was their income a month?

These 2 are a train wreck. I jumped ship awhile back, but I like to catch up on their gossip here. I used to love them.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think she said they made $28K in one month just from YouTube. She said that didn't include any brand deals. She also said that was unusually high for them - probably because their views were up due to promoting Christmas toys.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”