Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by tratra58 »

Playsinrain wrote:I'm assuming the first offer didn't include a clause about other offers being able to be accepted during the contingency period. They probably countered with the same offer (that was likely very close to asking price, knowing they needed to make the deal a little sweeter if they wanted to add the contingency) but added that they would be willing to forfeit of the seller got another offer. They better work freaking FAST at getting this house listed now.. they are on borrowed time!!
I'm glad they accepted the counter, and i hope this works out for them. I'm excited about the upcoming vlogs and seeing all this unfold!
Well, it sure has gotten them moving and fast to have their home ready to show. I doubt anything else would have done this!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

They've been talking about getting the house ready to sell for how long?
They got the counters and backsplash done in the kitchen, and just ran out of steam. I really think having no real deadlines and no commitments besides kids' classes makes vloggers not exactly lazy, but unable to act without a push from outside.
Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:They've been talking about getting the house ready to sell for how long?
They got the counters and backsplash done in the kitchen, and just ran out of steam. I really think having no real deadlines and no commitments besides kids' classes makes vloggers not exactly lazy, but unable to act without a push from outside.
I think we are all a tad lazy at times, but I see the YouTube occupation enables this to happen more. If you work forty hours a week, have a two day weekend off, you just get it done. You manage your time because you have no extra time.

Also, they are hired out the big jobs like the tile backsplash/bathroom so to put things in a box seems pretty easy as well as keeping things picked up. Painting is not hard either.
usernamessuck
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by usernamessuck »

Off topic: but how funny was Gaines today? "Too slow! Are you kidding me?" And then the way she said "Im having so much fun" in complete monotone had me rolling. She has the cutest personality. [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

usernamessuck wrote:Off topic: but how funny was Gaines today? "Too slow! Are you kidding me?" And then the way she said "Im having so much fun" in complete monotone had me rolling. She has the cutest personality. [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
That was adorable re: too slow. The "I'm having so much fun" in monotone was funny but made me wonder if Cullen made her say that. Or she could have been focusing on the camera while she was saying it. Regardless, she is a cutie.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

Do we think they have been hesitant to put their house on the market because it will be very easy to find out where they live as soon as they do put it out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

marshmallowfluf wrote:Do we think they have been hesitant to put their house on the market because it will be very easy to find out where they live as soon as they do put it out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think so, it's currently very easy to find out where they live now. I personally would not want to put my family out there every day for anyone to watch. I'm sure a lot of these vloggers (even the mid-sized channels) deal with crazies, death threats, stalkers, etc. not to mention the pedophiles. It seems like easy money, but the loss of privacy (especially for the kids who don't consent to any of this) is just mind-boggling.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

I hope this doesn't come off as too nitpicky, and don't get me wrong, C&K are my favorite family vloggers, but I didn't really appreciate the vlog title today. I get the whole clickbait necessity, and I'm not typically one to be bothered by it, but I don't know...this one just rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. I can't quite put my finger on it. Am I alone on this?
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I love the kitchen!
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I hope this doesn't come off as too nitpicky, and don't get me wrong, C&K are my favorite family vloggers, but I didn't really appreciate the vlog title today. I get the whole clickbait necessity, and I'm not typically one to be bothered by it, but I don't know...this one just rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. I can't quite put my finger on it. Am I alone on this?
Nope, you're not the only one. It's interesting. They are really misjudging their audience. The types of vlogs that get DB tons of views (mostly dress up ones) don't do as well on their channel. That Troll dress up one only has 40+K views. Whereas the family life ones like house hunting and kitchen remodel, do better. The hot knife challenge, and one vlog about smashing things, just didn't do as well. If they really want to get lots of views, they need to look at what's done well in the past. Obviously Brooks' birth vlog has lots of views, but it seems that the vlogs of theirs with the most views aren't the ones that appeal to kids and the typical DB audience. It's interesting. But it really seems to me that they are missing out on what will get them lots of views.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:I hope this doesn't come off as too nitpicky, and don't get me wrong, C&K are my favorite family vloggers, but I didn't really appreciate the vlog title today. I get the whole clickbait necessity, and I'm not typically one to be bothered by it, but I don't know...this one just rubbed me the wrong way for some reason. I can't quite put my finger on it. Am I alone on this?
Anyone would be concerned about a baby not breathing. Of course you're relieved when you see everything is okay, but there's no need to alarm people just to get a click for your video. I also hate it when he tweets about giving Brooks bottles that could hurt him when Katie isn't home.
nugget12
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nugget12 »

Anyone else sort of annoyed that they are moving? I understand it is always nice to have bigger and better but, their house they have now is a pretty good size "it's actually pretty big" and with the updates it looks great. It's almost like they are trying to keep up with the "Joneses" in the youtube world. I think with a lot of big youtube vloggers they always are looking for the bigger and better. When they are more relatable and people are less envious when they see them living a more average but comfortable life. Let's face it they stay home with their kids and spouses, basically "work" when they want, upload/edit a 15-20 min video and call it a day. I have started my own small channel it took me an 2 hours "only because of slow internet/software" to edit and upload my last 15 minute video.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I think they're keeping up with family and friends. Katie's parents live in a million dollar home. Katie's sister just spent over $600,000 on a house. All of their friends have bigger houses. They also knew they wouldn't stay in that house very long, so they didn't put much thought into buying it. It was a foreclosure in a nice neighborhood that had been sitting on the market for 5 months. It was good enough for the moment. I think they've been dragging their feet on getting the house ready to put on the market because they're likely to make a profit without doing many upgrades. Now that it's clear that they need the house to sell fast and at a higher profit, they're rushing to get everything done. I don't think they would have bothered with doing the updates if they qualified for two mortgages.
sataninwonderland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sataninwonderland »

They want more kids and they're going to outgrow that house soon. I don't think their next house will be too "extravagant."
staceyeileen
Informer
Informer

Unread post by staceyeileen »

Don't they only have the one bathroom in the upstairs? That alone would annoy me, plus the fact that they have a bedroom on the lower level which which makes it useless for a kid room given that the master is 2 floors up. It's not a great layout for a family, IMO.

Sent from my FRD-L04 using Tapatalk
thenightowl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by thenightowl »

I don't think the layout is ideal either.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

I hope they can sell it. The layout is weird, plus I assume Birmingham's market is not that great.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Sarai wrote:I hope they can sell it. The layout is weird, plus I assume Birmingham's market is not that great.
I think most home markets in the US are doing well right now and this includes Birmingham if you look it up.

Their house is really is a typical two story home you see with a similar layout that includes a half bath on the first floor and a kitchen, dining room, office and family room.

Second floor three bedrooms, a master bath and main bath...and a laundry room which is a plus.

Basement one or two bedrooms or a family area, and bath.

The things that are not good is the garage entry stairs leading to the first floor. It isn't a walkout. The location near a busy road in the back. The outdated decorating.

Two stories are actually nice for big families with kids upstairs when they are little, move downstairs when they are older and they really like the basement since it offers privacy.

I have lived in both ramblers and two stories and both have their advantages and disadvantages.
snarkygrl33
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by snarkygrl33 »

I think if their house had 1 more bedroom upstairs, it would be perfect for them. Then Cullen could have his office. and the red room is a perfect play room because it's right near everything. But I really don't think their house the way it is is the right layout for them with the kids being so little. The whole basement area is wasted space for them. That area would be perfect for a teenager. And Brooks' room seems small

I've actually been looking at realtor.com and trying to find "what I think would be" the perfect house for them. LOL I wonder if the house the made an offer on is one of the houses I saw on realtor.com.

It will be interesting to see what happens.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

snarkygrl33 wrote:I think if their house had 1 more bedroom upstairs, it would be perfect for them. Then Cullen could have his office. and the red room is a perfect play room because it's right near everything. But I really don't think their house the way it is is the right layout for them with the kids being so little. The whole basement area is wasted space for them. That area would be perfect for a teenager. And Brooks' room seems small

I've actually been looking at realtor.com and trying to find "what I think would be" the perfect house for them. LOL I wonder if the house the made an offer on is one of the houses I saw on realtor.com.

It will be interesting to see what happens.
I agree - four bedroom upstair with a two story is better and the kids bedrooms seem small. When our kids were smaller we had them share, but they loved this privacy in the basement as teens. With working from home, I could see their need for an office. Privacy for teens can come at a cost since sneaking in and out can be easily done lol.

I think CK's house has a lot of potential and it was good to paint that kitchen. You look at Bonnie's home where they've done an extensive remodel, it is beautiful with new kitchen cabinets, wood flooring etc. I will also add Bonnie has an eye for decorating and when we go to paint, I need to go back and look at her vlog. Bonnie's furniture choices are excellent also.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”