Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Unpopular opinion, but i love the colors on the walls of their house right now. I liked the green, i love the teal in the living room and the red in the office. Get ready for it, bc i really feel like they will paint some bold colors in the new home too. Seems like it's their style and i like it too.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

True, their relator may very well have been truthful with them and told them it was a very long shot. And the realtor may be counselling them to get their house on the market ASAP before touring more homes. I would think if you trust your realtor and you are paying them for their guidance and expertise you would take their advice. That offer and the fact that they still haven't listed their home makes Katie and Cullen look naive and like they don't know what they're doing, assuming they aren't getting bad guidance from their relator. Why tour homes when you're just setting yourself up for disappointment because you can't move quickly with a strong offer until after you sell your home?
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Ugh, the Grammar Nazi in me is cringing at Katie saying, "It's getting realer and realer and realer."
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm assuming the first offer didn't include a clause about other offers being able to be accepted during the contingency period. They probably countered with the same offer (that was likely very close to asking price, knowing they needed to make the deal a little sweeter if they wanted to add the contingency) but added that they would be willing to forfeit of the seller got another offer. They better work freaking FAST at getting this house listed now.. they are on borrowed time!!
I'm glad they accepted the counter, and i hope this works out for them. I'm excited about the upcoming vlogs and seeing all this unfold!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:True, their relator may very well have been truthful with them and told them it was a very long shot. And the realtor may be counselling them to get their house on the market ASAP before touring more homes. I would think if you trust your realtor and you are paying them for their guidance and expertise you would take their advice. That offer and the fact that they still haven't listed their home makes Katie and Cullen look naive and like they don't know what they're doing, assuming they aren't getting bad guidance from their relator. Why tour homes when you're just setting yourself up for disappointment because you can't move quickly with a strong offer until after you sell your home?
I don't think it's a bad idea for them to still look at homes even before their house is on the market, looking at homes (even before you are ready to buy) is a great way to figure out exactly what you do and don't want in a home. If i know i will have you as a client when you are ready to buy, I'll show you whatever home you want to look at, as it makes the search on my end a lot easier when the time comes. I have worked with clients that took 2 years to actually close on a home. They called me about once a month and asked if there was anything i thought they would like to see and I would show it, then when they were ready i knew from prior showings exactly what homes to show them and which ones i knew they would not be interested in. It just gives me a great jumping point *mini rant* The only time i get annoyed showing homes is when we get to the home and the "buyer" winds up telling me that they aren't planning on buying any time soon (or at all) and that they were just nosy and wanted to see what the inside looked like. That burns my ass. lol LookyLoos are the worst, please don't ever do that to a realtor. If you are serious about buying a home (be it this month or next year) then its not a waste of my time. If you live 2 streets over and just want to see what the kitchen looks like in this house.. do not call an agent, find it online and look at photos. Please.. lol
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

I don't know the housing market is in Alabama but like Playsinrain said, they need to get moving quickly on updating their house and then put it on the market, plus have Open House before any more interested buyers put an offer in. It takes awhile for contractors to upgrade depending on their schedule, having it ready to show... then waiting on offers and closing could take months.

Also, do they expect to keep their cats at home when they have showings? Most people are allergic and if they can sense a cat, they can immediately be turned off by the home even without looking at it. *From personal experience*
☆彡
Hershey
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Hershey »

Maybe they should have done it ages ago and then put it on the market first. Once they got pre-approved to buy a house, get it ready. Seems like they have had plenty of time to do this instead of sitting around. But that's just me.
Give me coffee to change the things I can and wine to accept those I cannot.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

japaluvr wrote:I don't know the housing market is in Alabama but like Playsinrain said, they need to get moving quickly on updating their house and then put it on the market, plus have Open House before any more interested buyers put an offer in. It takes awhile for contractors to upgrade depending on their schedule, having it ready to show... then waiting on offers and closing could take months.

Also, do they expect to keep their cats at home when they have showings? Most people are allergic and if they can sense a cat, they can immediately be turned off by the home even without looking at it. *From personal experience*
Frankly I'd rather price my home $5 or $10k lower than deal with the hassle of moving my pets around every time someone came to look at my house.
jaynshann
Informer
Informer

Unread post by jaynshann »

japaluvr wrote:Ugh, the Grammar Nazi in me is cringing at Katie saying, "It's getting realer and realer and realer."
Home girl has a PhD lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
japaluvr wrote:I don't know the housing market is in Alabama but like Playsinrain said, they need to get moving quickly on updating their house and then put it on the market, plus have Open House before any more interested buyers put an offer in. It takes awhile for contractors to upgrade depending on their schedule, having it ready to show... then waiting on offers and closing could take months.

I'd personally rather price my home $5 or $10k lower than deal with the hassle of moving my pets around every time someone came to look at my house.

We have tons of people who keep the pets in the home while showing. Lots of times they will confine them to one room and we make notes in the MLS sheets that there are pets in the home. We don't ask people to relocate the pets while it's on the market or being shown, (although in an open house situation it would be a god idea to relocate or crate them due to people going in and out, leaving doors open ect.) It may happen occasionally, im not sure what your personal experience was with that and i hope it didn't make you lose potential buyers, but in the 8 years i have been in the business, ive never had a person walk away from a home i was showing solely based on the fact that the current owners had pets.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:Unpopular opinion, but i love the colors on the walls of their house right now. I liked the green, i love the teal in the living room and the red in the office. Get ready for it, bc i really feel like they will paint some bold colors in the new home too. Seems like it's their style and i like it too.
I like the teal in the living room, and the red actually. But I am just not a fan of green in general. Just personal taste.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:Unpopular opinion, but i love the colors on the walls of their house right now. I liked the green, i love the teal in the living room and the red in the office. Get ready for it, bc i really feel like they will paint some bold colors in the new home too. Seems like it's their style and i like it too.
I like the teal in the living room, and the red actually. But I am just not a fan of green in general. Just personal taste.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Green is my favorite color, lol. I also dig the purple in the dining room.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Playsinrain wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:

I'd personally rather price my home $5 or $10k lower than deal with the hassle of moving my pets around every time someone came to look at my house.

We have tons of people who keep the pets in the home while showing. Lots of times they will confine them to one room and we make notes in the MLS sheets that there are pets in the home. We don't ask people to relocate the pets while it's on the market or being shown, (although in an open house situation it would be a god idea to relocate or crate them due to people going in and out, leaving doors open ect.) It may happen occasionally, im not sure what your personal experience was with that and i hope it didn't make you lose potential buyers, but in the 8 years i have been in the business, ive never had a person walk away from a home i was showing solely based on the fact that the current owners had pets.
Oh yeah, our realtor who is also a family friend said we shouldn't keep our cat in the house during showings because it's a turn off to potential buyers so we kept our precious cat at a family member's home for a month. After a month with no offers, we brought our cat back because we missed him... and sure enough, we had a showing that evening and left him there. Our realtor said the potential buyers just left because they could sense a cat. During this whole process I was wondering how any one could sell their home if they have pets, mainly cats in the house. Pain in the butt, tbh.
☆彡
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I think theyre both just huge procrastinators. There is no way I could have sat on my house like that, especially the tore up bathroom, while looking at homes and making offers. I personally just couldn't have done it that way.

I wonder if a potential home buyer might see their video and offer them a lower price because its pretty clear they want to sell asap and have that condition removed?
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

I love Revere Pewter by BM, we painted our interior walls that. Greige goes with anything. However, I do like the teal in the family room and didn't mind the green in kitchen. The purple is too dark, should be lighter to give the feel of more room imo. I can't wait to see how much they sell it for and the pictures.
☆彡
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I actually don't mind any of the paint colors in their home...just not together, especially in a home with their layout.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

At any point these sellers could accept a better offer and kick Katie and Cullen to the curb. The fact that they didn't understand this until Wedneaday morning tells me they aren't doing their homework and their agent isn't explaining this to them. I would think you would have all the information and know all your options and the potential outcomes before you make an offer contingent on the sale of your home.

If the sellers are smart, they'll continue to show the house and hedge their bets for a better offer without the contingency. I would not want to be making plans based on that kind of uncertainty. Not only that, but if they fail to get a satisfactory offer on their current home and the clock runs out, they're also bumped.

I agree, building relationships is a big part of real estate and sometimes that means spending a lot of time with the client before they're ready to pull the trigger. We were the opposite, however lol. If I wanted to tour homes before we were pre-approved or ready to pull the trigger, I looked at them online. When we were ready to move forward, our agent learned pretty much everything she needed to know about us in one weekend and she made some awesome recommendations. It was exactly one week from the time we met our agent to the time our offer was accepted. I don't like wasting time and I didn't want to fall in love with a home that we couldn't make an offer on.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

HashtagBlessed wrote:At any point these sellers could accept a better offer and kick Katie and Cullen to the curb. The fact that they didn't understand this until Wedneaday morning tells me they aren't doing their homework and their agent isn't explaining this to them. I would think you would have all the information and know all your options and the potential outcomes before you make an offer contingent on the sale of your home.

If the sellers are smart, they'll continue to show the house and hedge their bets for a better offer without the contingency. I would not want to be making plans based on that kind of uncertainty. Not only that, but if they fail to get a satisfactory offer on their current home and the clock runs out, they're also bumped.

I agree, building relationships is a big part of real estate and sometimes that means spending a lot of time with the client before they're ready to pull the trigger. We were the opposite, however lol. If I wanted to tour homes before we were pre-approved or ready to pull the trigger, I looked at them online. When we were ready to move forward, our agent learned pretty much everything she needed to know about us in one weekend and she made some awesome recommendations. It was exactly one week from the time we met our agent to the time our offer was accepted. I don't like wasting time and I didn't want to fall in love with a home that we couldn't make an offer on.
I know a lot of people that will go "just looking" and end up finding a perfect home they "just have to have!" It has usually ended up being a bad financial decision because they weren't ready to buy or sell yet, but some people tend to be impulsive and can talk themselves into anything they really want.

I wouldn't go looking before I was ready either. I also wouldn't look outside the amount I was willing to spend.
Blackmazda
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Blackmazda »

Zillow can be way off but depending on what they sell for they could make a decent amount of money
crew96
Talker
Talker

Unread post by crew96 »

They should not make it contingent. They can easily pay two mortgages. Especially if Katie's parents help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Cullen and Katie”