Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen & Katie : Happy Sparkling New Year Part #8

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

formerctfxcer wrote:Personal. My parents are very wealthy. They also have done things like buying me a new car after I announced my pregnancy as a gift. They also paid for all of my schooling including my graduate degree. They ONLY offered to pay for these things because I'm financially stable without their help and I would never ever ask for it or expect it. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that Katie's parents are the same way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. My parents are the same, they have bought/helped with a ton financially for my brother and I. But if we were to stop putting the effort ourselves their help would stop too.
I think Katies parents, and most really, like to help wherever, however, they can. And there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is when people rely on that help and cant get by without it.
If her parents are indeed helping them with the move then great, if they are planning on helping and something were to happen that they couldn't help then C&K could just stay put, they wouldn't be homeless or anything.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

Ah, that's very interesting that they made an offer contingent on selling their house, which isn't even on the market yet. No seller in their right mind would accept that offer. I'm surprised they even decided to try, if they're working with a reputable agent he/she would have counseled them that there's no shot in hell the seller would entertain that. And of course they're not going to get a counter, their house isn't on the market. How is the seller going to counter if they don't qualify for the second mortgage?

I agree that there is a big difference between an able-bodied adult being subsidized by their parents versus a parent gifting a responsible adult child with large life purchases. And I think it makes more sense for parents to help with a starter home, but after that if you want to upgrade you're on your own. But hopefully viewers aren't comparing lifestyles and thinking Katie and Cullen did this all on their own without significant financial help.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by wishes »

HashtagBlessed wrote:Ah, that's very interesting that they made an offer contingent on selling their house, which isn't even on the market yet. No seller in their right mind would accept that offer. I'm surprised they even decided to try, if they're working with a reputable agent he/she would have counseled them that there's no shot in hell the seller would entertain that. And of course they're not going to get a counter, their house isn't on the market. How is the seller going to counter if they don't qualify for the second mortgage?
Exactly my thoughts.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I really don't understand the rush. I wonder if they'll continue to make offers on houses before they put their house up for sale? Their reason for not having their house ready is kinda ridiculous too. They've known they wanted to be out that house this whole time. Why did they drag their feet on getting it ready? They couldn't predict that the bathroom downstairs would flood, but it seems like they've kinda dropped the ball on having those repairs done quickly. They don't really seem prepared. It kinda seems like they're doing this for the first time on their own.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Not only is there house not on the market, its at least a few weeks from even being ready. The bathroom remodels will take some time, and that would likely need to be done before its on the market. If their relator was decent she would be encouraging them to wait a bit before looking in person at any more homes.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I would think an agent worth their commission would explain to them that it's not worth the trouble of making offers before they have a contract on their own house. Several people in the comments section are telling them this as well. I know they worked with this woman in the past, but it looks incredibly naive to submit an offer contingent on the sale of a home that isn't even for sale yet. They need to put their house on the market, accept an offer with 45 days to close, and then start making offers on their next house. Not to mention that suburban homes follow the school calendar and tend to come on the market in April/May/June. They would be wise to list their house a few weeks before this peak time to take advantage of the pent up demand and get ahead of the crowd- so basically they should be listing their home now or as soon as possible in March.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

japaluvr wrote:
HashtagBlessed wrote:Ah, that's very interesting that they made an offer contingent on selling their house, which isn't even on the market yet. No seller in their right mind would accept that offer. I'm surprised they even decided to try, if they're working with a reputable agent he/she would have counseled them that there's no shot in hell the seller would entertain that. And of course they're not going to get a counter, their house isn't on the market. How is the seller going to counter if they don't qualify for the second mortgage?
Exactly my thoughts.
You are right and all the buyers needs to do is go to their vlog and see that they are not near the point of selling which maybe a reason to reject a contingent offer and the price they offered might be an issue too. Realtors do advise their clients, but in the end I believe they are obligated to write up an offer. There is so many unknowns for example, how long the house they made an offer on has been on the market, was their offer a serious one or did they offer a low price for the house and the buyers rejected it. I am assuming they are prequalified. I agree, there is no point to counter with their house not even on the market.

I am sorry, I had to laugh when Katie said they've been declutter for a year. I think Katie needs to own this and has a hard time getting rid of things (that black thing on the driveway would be not a keeper for myself) and they really have a lot of toys. I wasn't surprised to see the kitchen table go back to the previous look and the kitchen counters start to collect things. This declutter should take days not years especially with two parents at home. To me based on vlogs, their house just doesn't look well maintained and that is a personal opinion. The lived in look will not sell a house. I am not a pet owner so this might have an influence on this opinion. I will contrast with Ruby who will eventually put her house on the market and even with six kids, her house looks well maintained with routine maintenance/cleaning (or the kids routine cleaning) and no clutter.

When they purchased their house it was a buyers market, now it is now a sellers market and they'll need to adjust. If buyers want to see their home on the market, all they'll need to do is click on a vlog so it better look good.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lovethesnark wrote:I really don't understand the rush. I wonder if they'll continue to make offers on houses before they put their house up for sale? Their reason for not having their house ready is kinda ridiculous too. They've known they wanted to be out that house this whole time. Why did they drag their feet on getting it ready? They couldn't predict that the bathroom downstairs would flood, but it seems like they've kinda dropped the ball on having those repairs done quickly. They don't really seem prepared. It kinda seems like they're doing this for the first time on their own.
I think they are really procrastinators and the YouTube life could enable this since other than filming and posting a vlog at a certain time, there are no other time obligations. The bathroom problem happened at Christmas and it should be done especially if they hired out someone to complete it. To me, their life seems disorganized...but you can change this.
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

WhatSheSaid wrote:
tratra58 wrote:
WhatSheSaid wrote: I
The piece of furniture under the window looks to be a cedar chest. I think you're right, it needs to go in order to open up that space so buyers may envision a larger table in that area. Up until that vlog I had never noticed the stuff piled on top of the cabinets. If I were Katie, I'd pack up all the things in the kitchen cabinets that she'll not likely use in the nexf few months.
A viewer suggested Marie Kundo way of declutter or really a way of life. I took a look at it and I like some of the ideas and how getting rid of things (nostalgia things) and how to fold clothes.

I like to apply some of her theory. I am not a keeper either and I always feel good looking at a closet that has been decluttered.

I have no idea what renting storage is that CK decided to do, but I am guessing it isn't cheap?
Storage units aren't cheap near me, but they likely cost less in AL. A few nights ago I spent 8 hours going through old mail and paperwork, shredding as I go. I'm proud to say I have more surface area available to me which is wonderful, but due to a back injury it will take me forever to get on top of things. Is Marie Kundo a youtube channel or where can I find her. I can't even imagine getting rid of nostalgic things. But my kids are grown and shouldn't they be tasked with sorting and taking their schoolwork, art projects, etc? I regret putting in 8 hours because of the back pain, but I was on a roll and didn't want to stop.
I saw books Marie Kundo wrote and was going to see if the library carried them. I also goggled her and there were several articles as well as her website.

http://tidyingup.com/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Working with a realtor you can trust who knows you and what you want and what you can afford/handle is so important. Personal info warning: We had the best realtor ever. She didn't take us to look at houses just to show them, and when we looked at a house that was listed as a "view property" but had a neighbor with trees that would eventually block the view, advised us not to buy when the neighbors wouldn't agree to make sure that the trees were topped, preserving our view. We would have bought that house. So when she came to us later with something she thought was good, we jumped on it. It seems like this realtor is conte cannt to waste their time just to make a commission. I know they want to buy, but what's the rush, especially when their house isn't in shape to sell. They started getting it ready, and then it seems like they ran out of steam. Maybe they know they need the push to really get it ready--like knowing you're having company makes you really clean your house.
And nitpicky question: what was Cullen talking about "partying on your parent's insurance"?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Hansel and gretal
Talker
Talker

Unread post by Hansel and gretal »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201703 ... 26e021.jpg[/img]

Oh thank god their getting rid of the green!!

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I believe the kitchen walls were green when they moved in. I can't believe they lived with them for so long.

tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lovethesnark wrote:I believe the kitchen walls were green when they moved in. I can't believe they lived with them for so long.

They painted the blue teal family room so I hope Cullen keeps painting into that room too.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
lilirishsprite
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by lilirishsprite »

KaterinaBB wrote:
WhatSheSaid wrote:
nutbagmcgee wrote:I think you can find articles debunking about anything. I used amber teething necklaces with my kids and it really helped. One of my kids is now 8 and wears a ATN for other issues, I can't 100% say it helps but it doesn't hurt anything.

Are there ATN for adults to assist in curbing pain associated with inflamation, arthritis for example?
There is! Check Etsy or some of thr other websites mentioned above :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
WhatSheSaid a great mama friend of mine makes and sells these necklaces on Etsy. Her shop is A'Vanni Crafts, both my girls and myself all wear her amber and/or gemstones. Check her out, if you dont see what you want, contact her, she does customs too. ♡

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

For all we know the realtor DID counsel them on the fact that the offer would most likely be rejected, but bottom line is if Cullen and Katie wanted to make an offer, as a realtor our job is to please the client even if we know it's not their best interest. I can talk till i'm blue in the face to someone about making a different offer or waiting until the timing is better, but if they tell me they want to place an offer anyway, i have to do it, whether or not i think it's the best idea. They didn't seem surprised that the offer was rejected and they could have gone into this offer with the mindset of we know it probably won't happen but we want to at least try, we don't know if this house will be here in 2 months when we are ready to sell so it doesn't hurt to try. Bc fact is, it doesn't hurt to try and make an offer like that. Having an offer rejected doesn't do anything negative to their situation at this point. I really think it's just them saying, hey lets just see what happens..
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unpopular opinion, but i love the colors on the walls of their house right now. I liked the green, i love the teal in the living room and the red in the office. Get ready for it, bc i really feel like they will paint some bold colors in the new home too. Seems like it's their style and i like it too.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

True, their relator may very well have been truthful with them and told them it was a very long shot. And the realtor may be counselling them to get their house on the market ASAP before touring more homes. I would think if you trust your realtor and you are paying them for their guidance and expertise you would take their advice. That offer and the fact that they still haven't listed their home makes Katie and Cullen look naive and like they don't know what they're doing, assuming they aren't getting bad guidance from their relator. Why tour homes when you're just setting yourself up for disappointment because you can't move quickly with a strong offer until after you sell your home?
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Ugh, the Grammar Nazi in me is cringing at Katie saying, "It's getting realer and realer and realer."
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I'm assuming the first offer didn't include a clause about other offers being able to be accepted during the contingency period. They probably countered with the same offer (that was likely very close to asking price, knowing they needed to make the deal a little sweeter if they wanted to add the contingency) but added that they would be willing to forfeit of the seller got another offer. They better work freaking FAST at getting this house listed now.. they are on borrowed time!!
I'm glad they accepted the counter, and i hope this works out for them. I'm excited about the upcoming vlogs and seeing all this unfold!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HashtagBlessed wrote:True, their relator may very well have been truthful with them and told them it was a very long shot. And the realtor may be counselling them to get their house on the market ASAP before touring more homes. I would think if you trust your realtor and you are paying them for their guidance and expertise you would take their advice. That offer and the fact that they still haven't listed their home makes Katie and Cullen look naive and like they don't know what they're doing, assuming they aren't getting bad guidance from their relator. Why tour homes when you're just setting yourself up for disappointment because you can't move quickly with a strong offer until after you sell your home?
I don't think it's a bad idea for them to still look at homes even before their house is on the market, looking at homes (even before you are ready to buy) is a great way to figure out exactly what you do and don't want in a home. If i know i will have you as a client when you are ready to buy, I'll show you whatever home you want to look at, as it makes the search on my end a lot easier when the time comes. I have worked with clients that took 2 years to actually close on a home. They called me about once a month and asked if there was anything i thought they would like to see and I would show it, then when they were ready i knew from prior showings exactly what homes to show them and which ones i knew they would not be interested in. It just gives me a great jumping point *mini rant* The only time i get annoyed showing homes is when we get to the home and the "buyer" winds up telling me that they aren't planning on buying any time soon (or at all) and that they were just nosy and wanted to see what the inside looked like. That burns my ass. lol LookyLoos are the worst, please don't ever do that to a realtor. If you are serious about buying a home (be it this month or next year) then its not a waste of my time. If you live 2 streets over and just want to see what the kitchen looks like in this house.. do not call an agent, find it online and look at photos. Please.. lol

Return to “Cullen and Katie”