Cullen and Katie: House Woes Part #9

PhoenixFeathers
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: House Woes Part #9

Unread post by PhoenixFeathers »

Katie was working up until Gaines was 6 months old. And they've generally been very frugal. It's possible, since they always planned on moving after five years in their current house, that they had a large amount in savings for this purpose.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

lmmomSD wrote:
crew96 wrote:650k?! I hope they aren't going to be house poor...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
650K, plus they're going to do renovations? I would be scared if I were them, with the slow rate their channel is growing. But Katie has to keep up with Kelly. I don't think she is so much trying to keep up with E&J or DB, but she has definite expectations from her upbringing. I hope they're not biting off more than they can chew.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
I agree. A factor also is Jay is working as a lawyer with predictable steady income.

I had thought they would easily hit 500k today with the interest in their new house...they are close, yet it is likely to happen tomorrow.

One thing that was surprising is property taxes are not extremely high.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

askeptichere wrote:
sataninwonderland wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:They're never going to renovate that house. They have no motivation. It takes them over a year to put together a nursery. I think they might be in over their heads.
I have to disagree. Their children's rooms seemed like something they wanted to have perfect before they showed off. There are so many ugly features in that home that I'm sure they'll be changing them within a decent amount of time.
But the nurseries just needed paint and decor. Not major renos like the master bath needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. If they were going to renovate, now would be the time to do it. After they move in they'll put it off. No one wants to live in a house that's being renovated. It's pretty much impossible with little kids and this house needs major updates. I imagine much of the house will remain empty. I hope the previous owners will leave the drapes because they'll go broke having new one made.
aggieyorkie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by aggieyorkie »

Wait - I really want to look at the listing too! I don't even know what city to look in...I tried to find it on Zillow for the birmingham area and didn't see any houses for 650k.
Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

New Thread has been made.

http://ytmommadrama.com/viewtopic.php?t=12930

Enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

If they can afford a $650k home plus renovations with under 500k subscribers and almost no recent vlogs reaching 100k views, then B&M and E&Js million dollar homes must have been like spending pennies.
Acbsktbll
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Acbsktbll »

tratra58 wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
askeptichere wrote:Looks like we need a part 10. Title suggestions?
Cullen & Katie: Movin On Up.. lol
Just seeing the shower, in this price range wouldn't you expect the house to be up to date as well as have fixtures that are better materials. For example, at this price, I would expect slate or tile showers and up to date fixtures. I am assuming they had a price reduction with the amount of work needed in many of these rooms? Otherwise, I would have found a beautiful lot and built the house of my dreams including factoring in a pool. I get the location factor since I think E+J lot is awful but in this price range you have a lot to work with.

I would have a hard time buying this high with the unknown with YouTube.
You can tell older people lived there. And we don't know what they actually paid until they close. They may have knocked $50k off.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Return to “Cullen and Katie”