Cullen and Katie: House Woes Part #9

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: House Woes Part #9

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Damn y'all are harsh. Lol. Not criticizing anyone for their opinion, honestly, cause everyone's entitled blahblahblah... But, really? I think Katie dresses well for her body type. Sure, maybe her color choices are a little out of the "norm" sometimes, but as far as style and fit goes, I don't think she's doing anything wrong.

She wears flowy tops that usually come in a bit at the waist/rip cage, and cover her cleavage and what not. She accentuates her thinner legs in proportion to her upper body nicely, in my opinion. Her hair and makeup is always done nicely when it matters. She puts effort into looking nice and make sure her kids look nice and appropriate. I appreciate her effort.

She has admitted she struggles with her weight and doesn't feel the best about herself. Good for her for still being able to find clothes that she feels good in. Sure, maybe she has room for improvement, but damn, don't we all? We're only perpetuating the brutal cycle of unfair criticism against women by engaging in this sort of talk. I know we are all better than that; If not for Katie's sake, for our own.

(This isn't meant to be a snarky post and isn't directed at anyone in particular in any way. I just felt the need to speak up for a woman who has been open about her struggles, and clearly makes an effort [which can't be said about many other vloggers].)
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

Katie & Cullen look 10 years outdated imo. Where is the person who got their knickers in a twist last time, and said they dress upper class? lmao

I don't think it's wrong to criticize how they dress. People talk about every thing else on here, but saying Katie's shirt is ugly is off limits because she's a woman? Please.
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Hmmm. I could've sworn I said everyone's entitled to their opinion and all that to avoid ignorant posts such as yours? No where in my post did I say that "saying Katie's shirt is ugly is off limits because she's a woman". All I'm saying is, maybe it's not your personal taste (it isn't mine either tbh), but I think that she puts effort into dressing for her body and finding clothes that she feels good in. With that said, I think everyone's being a little hypercritical of a woman who seems to put her best effort forth. More so than just saying her shirt is ugly. That's just my opinion, so, kindly direct your attitude elsewhere. Please.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

I found it really sad that Katie said she stopped caring about being healthy and taking care of herself once they experienced problems starting their family. She said she had a one track mind and all she cared about was getting and staying pregnant, and she stopped caring about how much weight she gained. I know we've talked before about that being a sign of depression, but in general I just find that to be such an unhealthy and backwards mindset.

I don't really care about expectations in the South that women always look well groomed and done up. I dress nicely for work and social gatherings, but I'll also wear my workout clothes to run to the grocery store and I hardly ever wear any makeup. In my experience, there's a lot of pressure put on women in the South especially to look a certain way and to be a size 2 indefinitely. I don't think that's necessarily fair or healthy and it's actually rather misogynistic. But I do think they've both reached a point where their diets and lack of activity is unhealthy and they're going to have real medical problems. I think what people are picking up on is that she seems put a lot more effort into how her kids look and is probably neglecting herself due to some ongoing body image issues.

And yes, Katie's makeup and style choices are stuck in the early 2000s. I want to hide that frosted lipstick from her, but at least she's backed away somewhat from the heavy black eyeliner. And yes, a good bra does wonders for making you look proportional and giving you a shape. I never realized the uniboob situation until someone pointed it out, but that's exactly what she's got going on because her bra isn't doing what it's supposed to do and is just pushing everything together.

I know no one asked my opinion and I'm not trying to pile on to someone. She's just in a serious rut and doesn't seem all that happy with herself. It's hard not to notice these things when someone is putting them out there for public consumption every day.
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Hmmm. I could've sworn I said everyone's entitled to their opinion and all that to avoid ignorant posts such as yours? No where in my post did I say that "saying Katie's shirt is ugly is off limits because she's a woman". All I'm saying is, maybe it's not your personal taste (it isn't mine either tbh), but I think that she puts effort into dressing for her body and finding clothes that she feels good in. With that said, I think everyone's being a little hypercritical of a woman who seems to put her best effort forth. More so than just saying her shirt is ugly. That's just my opinion, so, kindly direct your attitude elsewhere. Please. Image
Talk about touchy. Maybe you need a nap lol bye
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

My comments about her top were not intended to be mean. I know she's not happy with her weight. When she was buying the top she commented on how it covered her problem areas, but she didn't seem comfortable wearing it. In Kelley and Jay's video you see her constantly tugging at it. Kelley left some really unflattering shots of her in the video. I'm wondering if she did it on purpose, but that's another issue.

It seems like she chose that top because it covered her, but it highlighted her problem areas. She should find a stylist. Maybe seek out a brand deal? She can look great at any size. Also, Cullen should buy a nice suit. He always looks like a cheap car salesman when he's "dressed up". His Easter outfit looked old and faded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NCSUchick27
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by NCSUchick27 »

I wonder if they are doing their final walkthrough at their new house tomorrow. I am guessing they will be closing sometime this week or early next week. Katie mentioned at the end of today's vlog that they would be doing something house related tomorrow, and they might be able to vlog some of it.
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

Oh my word, all those toys! Seriously, when did Easter become Christmas? Easter is a mix of Christmas and Halloween: Receiving gifts and being "dressed" up searching for Easter eggs such as trick-or-treating. My childhood Easter was lax compared to this family. I remember getting a regular sized basket with candy and two VHS movies... shows you how much things have changed!
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Damn y'all are harsh. Lol. Not criticizing anyone for their opinion, honestly, cause everyone's entitled blahblahblah... But, really? I think Katie dresses well for her body type. Sure, maybe her color choices are a little out of the "norm" sometimes, but as far as style and fit goes, I don't think she's doing anything wrong.

She wears flowy tops that usually come in a bit at the waist/rip cage, and cover her cleavage and what not. She accentuates her thinner legs in proportion to her upper body nicely, in my opinion. Her hair and makeup is always done nicely when it matters. She puts effort into looking nice and make sure her kids look nice and appropriate. I appreciate her effort.

She has admitted she struggles with her weight and doesn't feel the best about herself. Good for her for still being able to find clothes that she feels good in. Sure, maybe she has room for improvement, but damn, don't we all? We're only perpetuating the brutal cycle of unfair criticism against women by engaging in this sort of talk. I know we are all better than that; If not for Katie's sake, for our own.

(This isn't meant to be a snarky post and isn't directed at anyone in particular in any way. I just felt the need to speak up for a woman who has been open about her struggles, and clearly makes an effort [which can't be said about many other vloggers].)
Agreed 100% :tu:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I have a hard time dressing for my body, and would love to be able to have someone step in and help me find things that i actually like, and flatter my body. I think Katie isn't happy with her size, and i do honestly feel like she will be doing something to lose some of the weight soon. I'm not making excuses for her, but she has mentioned that she packs on weight when she breastfeeds, so i feel like once Brooks is weaned she will probably start dropping on her own and will start feeling better about herself amd get back on track diet and exercise wise. Cullen said today (which we all know it's just talk until we see them doing it) that he is wanted to get back in the gym, back to working out and eating better. I'm being patient with them, with the baby and with the move i can see how easy it is to fall into bad habits. As someone who struggles with finding the motivation to workout on a daily basis, i can totally understand Katie's body image issues and problems staying on track. I try, but its still so frustrating and hard. It's easier to sit on the couch and watch baseball than it is to get up and do my cardio and strength training. Katie knows it works, we have see it work for them, I know it works, I've seen it work for myself, but it's not easy and its not fun. It's not an excuse, but i do understand where she is coming from and I want her (and Cullen) to be more healthy, I want myself to be that way also, but it's not something that comes easy to everyone, especially if she feels like she is fighting a losing battle since she tends to hold weight while breast feeding. It can be super upsetting to eat clean and work your ass off for a week (just a random measure of time) and not see a single change in the scale or how your clothes fit, i've been there, i'm there now!!! I'm not making excuses for Katie, but i can understand her having a tough time getting started while they are in the middle of this move and while shes still breastfeeding. I'll give them both some time, get moved and settled, when Brooks isn't relying on Katie for food as much as he is now.. IDK, i'm sympathetic to her struggles bc i know how it feels to struggle with self image, self worth, ect when you are constantly pressured by your surroundings to be the beautiful size 2, fashion forward, put together, not a hair out of place, not caught dead without your "face on" society that is the south. We all have to look like trophy wives or you feel less than worthy. I'm sure there are pressures like that in EVERY corner of the globe, not just here. But it's hard.. and i couldn't imagine feeling how i do about myself and putting myself out there for the world to see every single day. Being in a small town where EVERYONE knows you and you can't run in the Dollar General in your pajamas to pick up toilet paper without running into your kids teacher, the local doctor, two high school alumni and the mom from school who DOES always seem to have it together, that is hard enough on it's own. I'm rambling and this got personal but honestly i feel for Katie and her self esteem issues bc i'm struggling right there with her.
sataninwonderland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sataninwonderland »

Gossip without bitching at each other ffs :roll:

And about their style, Katie totally doesn't look happy or confident with her looks and she should try and change it if its such an issue. I don't think they'll make any effort to change themselves though. Cullen always looks sort of tacky when he gets dressed up.
The kids are so adorable tho
Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

^^^ thank you, I agree. Lol. Ridiculous

But...going off of the idea that Katie will lose weight once she's done breastfeeding Brooks... I'm not so sure. I get the feeling she's not trying to lose the weight because her and Cullen plan to have another in the very near future. Their baby making time is limited due to age, and I can't see Katie losing the weight in a short amount of time, just to get pregnant again. I can't help but wonder what her doctor has to say about her weight and age with another pregnancy. I'm sure they advise her to make healthy choices and get light to moderate exercise, but I agree, I think that she is stuck in a rut and lacks motivation. Ugh, I wish I could just reach out and offer her help and support.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:^^^ thank you, I agree. Lol. Ridiculous

But...going off of the idea that Katie will lose weight once she's done breastfeeding Brooks... I'm not so sure. I get the feeling she's not trying to lose the weight because her and Cullen plan to have another in the very near future. Their baby making time is limited due to age, and I can't see Katie losing the weight in a short amount of time, just to get pregnant again. I can't help but wonder what her doctor has to say about her weight and age with another pregnancy. I'm sure they advise her to make healthy choices and get light to moderate exercise, but I agree, I think that she is stuck in a rut and lacks motivation. Ugh, I wish I could just reach out and offer her help and support.

I agree with this too, if she does plan on having at least one more, it will be sooner than later, and she could have that whole "there is no point in losing all this weight just to gain it right back while i'm pregnant and breastfeeding" mentality, which i think a lot of women have. And once again, its not an excuse, but i do get the "point" if that makes sense.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Katie was breastfeeding during their detox and she lost weight at healthy pace. I don't think she's interested in losing the weight right now.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Lovethesnark wrote:Katie was breastfeeding during their detox and she lost weight at healthy pace. I don't think she's interested in losing the weight right now.
THIS! All of this.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I think it's so irresponsible for the both of them to plan to have more children without taking care of their own bodies. Katie had complications with Brooks. I don't understand why she wouldn't want to start her next pregnancy in the best shape possible. The extra weight could cause more complications. It certainly won't become easier to lose the weight as she gets older. They've mentioned wanting two more kids. It's likely she's going to be pregnant or nursing for the next 4-6 years. I don't think she has that much weight to lose now. I would guess around 30 or so pounds, but she's gained that weight since giving birth to Brooks. Add two more pregnancies on top of that and she could really have a battle on her hands. I'm not shaming her. Weight loss is hard. I'm a weight watchers member. I rejoined for the millionth time a few weeks ago. I hate just everything about it, but it's working. Everyday is a struggle, but being overweight is hard too. You just have to make a choice.
marshmallowfluf
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by marshmallowfluf »

They need to focus on a more healthy lifestyles and an exercise routine they can keep up with. Not just a quick fix weight loss plan.

sataninwonderland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sataninwonderland »

Simple stuff. They need to cook more at home, walk more, stop being so lazy! Their career is YouTube. Not like they don't have the time
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Lovethesnark wrote:Katie was breastfeeding during their detox and she lost weight at healthy pace. I don't think she's interested in losing the weight right now.
It's hard to feel bad for her body image issues when they show how they eat. They're not "eating clean" . They're eating Chick Fil-A and ordering enough breakfast to feed 5 people, and they show the spread and Granddolly's, and even Kelly makes comments about how they eat.
When I gain weight, yeah, I feel badly. But I know what I have to do if I want to get rid of it. People like to make excuses for C&K. Saying that they can't lose weight because they live in the South and there's all that good food is the best one. Nobody holds them down and shoves it in. She's the one making the cheeseburger soup. She's the one ordering the omelette with 700 calories. I don't see them making any effort. And I'm not saying that to be mean. I like Katie. But PlaysinRain, I don't see her struggling with eating clean and working out and not seeing results. She's just not. And if it's because of depression, or just not caring enough, I don't know. But they're not "struggling". Because they're not trying. It's like they'd rather complain about not losing weight, and having poor self esteem, than actually try. I've gained a little, from being on steroids, and I am short, so it adds up quickly. But I know what I have to do. And I don't feel right complaining about it unless I have actually put in the effort.
That is just what I see. Maybe you see something else. We all filter it through our own feelings and experience.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
tratra58
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by tratra58 »

It would be better to lose some weight before a third pregnancy. Or slowly change eating habits and activity. They have more than enough time for change to increase their activity level with two stay at home parents.

I agree a new good fitting bra and some different style clothes would help enhance her body type.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Last edited by tratra58 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”