Cullen and Katie: Moving On Up | Part 10

Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Cullen and Katie: Moving On Up | Part 10

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

What they do is a business. Why shouldn't they get sponsors. No one is forcing people to send them gifts. If they can vlog their lives in such a way that subscribers feel that connection to them and want to send them a gift. God bless them. I don't begrudge any YTer for making deals and making money. It is not a job I would do, but any living anyone does that is legal and they can support their family with is fine by me. I raised my four kids to be productive members of society, and that is all I ask of anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CallieT
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by CallieT »

TheETZmom wrote:
calliepaige84 wrote:
CallieT wrote:Lol
TheETZmom needs to come join us

indeed!!!
hello folks!!!
Oh, wow! Welcome!
beautynoob
Talker
Talker

Cullen and Katie: Moving On Up | Part 10

Unread post by beautynoob »

I do t really care if they (meaning vloggers in general) exploit themselves or the kids for a buck since they are adults who make their own choices on how to make a living. I think donating or not is a personal thing and everything has different opinions on it.
I don't understand why fangirls feel the need to spend money sending crap to you tube strangers but again their money and choice. The one thing I do have an issue with is people not being up front with sponsorships and vloggers saying they don't want or expect you to send stuff but yet refusing to close the po box. They say it but don't fix it

PhoenixFeathers
Talker
Talker

Unread post by PhoenixFeathers »

lmmomSD wrote:Arrrrrgh! What is it with these vloggers and calling preschoolers "toddlers"? Finn is a toddler. Ollie, Peyton, Gaines, and Jackson are NOT. If the kid is potty trained, carrying on conversations, and going to preschool, she is not a toddler. And no, Cullen, you don't have two kids under two.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Well, Gaines is still two. And two year olds are generally still considered toddlers. She is so verbal and articulate I keep forgetting she's only 2 1/2.

Is Cullen really saying they have two kids under two though? I must have missed him saying that. I'm surprised Katie hasn't corrected him.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

beautynoob wrote:I do t really care if they (meaning vloggers in general) exploit themselves or the kids for a buck since they are adults who make their own choices on how to make a living. I think donating or not is a personal thing and everything has different opinions on it.
I don't understand why fangirls feel the need to spend money sending crap to you tube strangers but again their money and choice. The one thing I do have an issue with is people not being up front with sponsorships and vloggers saying they don't want or expect you to send stuff but yet refusing to close the po box. They say it but don't fix it

I agree to an extent, but I don't think the minor children have a say in how their parents chose to use them for a paycheck. Frankly, almost no one would be watching these channels if the kids were not front and center every day. The children are the money makers. I think it's beyond creepy and exploitative to film your children every day and put it online for an income. And once their kids are older and no longer in the baby/toddler/preschool phase, these channels are going to have a very hard time keeping viewers. I honestly wonder how much of that plays into the decision to have more kids. Katie and Cullen have to know that if they stopped at three, then within 6 or 7 years from now once the kids are no longer little, they'll be out of the vlogging game and looking at a huge change in income and lifestyle. If your income is tied to your young children, how can you avoid thinking this way?
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

PhoenixFeathers wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:Arrrrrgh! What is it with these vloggers and calling preschoolers "toddlers"? Finn is a toddler. Ollie, Peyton, Gaines, and Jackson are NOT. If the kid is potty trained, carrying on conversations, and going to preschool, she is not a toddler. And no, Cullen, you don't have two kids under two.

Well, Gaines is still two. And two year olds are generally still considered toddlers. She is so verbal and articulate I keep forgetting she's only 2 1/2.

Is Cullen really saying they have two kids under two though? I must have missed him saying that. I'm surprised Katie hasn't corrected him.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
He was saying that in the airport. He was talking about how they made it out of the house with two kids under two.
And Gaines is potty trained, in a preschool, and not "toddling" at all. Calling her a toddler may be technically correct, but it's still a stretch.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

On another topic, and I guess this is why I don't vlog. If I was out for what was supposed to be a romantic 10th anniversary dinner, and the kids were being watched, and my mom had sent a special bottle of champagne, the last thing on my mind would be vlogging it. I don't get that mindset. They don't have to share _everything_. How do you have a real, personal, adult conversation with the camera there? I really think the vlog is taking over their lives. How can you live in the moment when you're always thinking about footage?

sataninwonderland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sataninwonderland »

lmmomSD wrote:On another topic, and I guess this is why I don't vlog. If I was out for what was supposed to be a romantic 10th anniversary dinner, and the kids were being watched, and my mom had sent a special bottle of champagne, the last thing on my mind would be vlogging it. I don't get that mindset. They don't have to share _everything_. How do you have a real, personal, adult conversation with the camera there? I really think the vlog is taking over their lives. How can you live in the moment when you're always thinking about footage?

I think that saying vlogging is "taking over their lives" is a bit dramatic. They vlogged a few minutes of their night, not the entire thing. They always vlog date nights. It really didn't seem like a big deal. They can have adult conversations when the camera is off, which it obviously was for the majority of the night.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

There job is to vlog their life
I think it's great GrandBerry sent them a bottle of wine, they need to unwind and enjoy that yummy food.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

onbreak wrote:There job is to vlog their life
I think it's great GrandBerry sent them a bottle of wine, they need to unwind and enjoy that yummy food.
But even Bryan and Missy don't vlog date nights. Not that I have any interest in their date night! C&K don't seem to get many date nights, so when they do get one, if I were them, I would want a break from filming too. You even said they need to unwind. So put the camera away. I started my comment with "this is one reason I don't vlog". I understand that they "vlog their lives" but where does the line get drawn? I just think a date night, especially an important anniversary like their 10th, should be private. I'm not slamming them for filming it, I'm just saying I wouldn't have. It was a special night, and worrying about vlog footage just seems to take away from it in my opinion. I guess I'm alone in that opinion, which is fine. It's happened before.I was just saying. Other vloggers have said that it becomes an issue-- that you start out vlogging your life, and then the vlog becomes your life. Cullen's first statement when Katie showed him the pregnancy test was "But we haven't started the vlog yet!" Most husbands would have a different first reaction. I guess it's just me that thinks that is weird.

pibachka
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by pibachka »

I'm glad they vlogged it, that restaurant looked fun and made for some great footage.... They mostly just vlogged the food and not their whole date or what they talked about, which is fine imo.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

lmmomSD wrote:
But even Bryan and Missy don't vlog date nights. Not that I have any interest in their date night! C&K don't seem to get many date nights, so when they do get one, if I were them, I would want a break from filming too. You even said they need to unwind. So put the camera away. I started my comment with "this is one reason I don't vlog". I understand that they "vlog their lives" but where does the line get drawn? I just think a date night, especially an important anniversary like their 10th, should be private. I'm not slamming them for filming it, I'm just saying I wouldn't have. It was a special night, and worrying about vlog footage just seems to take away from it in my opinion. I guess I'm alone in that opinion, which is fine. It's happened before.I was just saying. Other vloggers have said that it becomes an issue-- that you start out vlogging your life, and then the vlog becomes your life. Cullen's first statement when Katie showed him the pregnancy test was "But we haven't started the vlog yet!" Most husbands would have a different first reaction. I guess it's just me that thinks that is weird.

I can't imagine living my life thinking that everything "eventful" (I use that term loosely) needs to be documented for the vlog. I imagine it does take you out of the moment when you have to narrate things like this and get enough footage to put together a video. I'm sure Cullen is constantly thinking about how he's going to edit this sequence or how he's going to tell the story. I know I would start to think that way. I think they probably spend so much time thinking about "producing" their life in vlog form that it takes away from the enjoyment. I thought it was pretty telling that Katie wrote on her anniversary Instagram post that their relationship "VERY often takes a backseat to 2 young kids, running a business together, and setting up a new home." Perhaps it would be healthy to not bring the camera to date night.
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

lmmomSD wrote:

I was being sarcastic..
I don't think they showed too much from date night.. I'm sure they did film the whole night

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Sorry-- wish there was a sarcasm font! I do think it was awesome for Granddolly to send them a bottle of wine. She and GrandBerry are both such nice people.
Hashtag Blessed, that was exactly what I was trying to say-- it's not "bad" that they recorded their date night, it's just that it seems like it would take them out of the moment and make it harder to just relax and enjoy the evening.
I'm done. Sorry for the rants.

Boredomatitsfinest
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Boredomatitsfinest »

Totally OT, but I was watching some old vlogs, and noticed that Katie used to have SO many of the same mannerisms that Kelly has. Like, they used to talk in exactly the same way. Katie doesn't talk like that anymore though. I wonder if she received criticism that made her change or if she saw footage of herself that she didn't like that made her change or what? Has anyone noticed this at any point?
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

Boredomatitsfinest wrote:Totally OT, but I was watching some old vlogs, and noticed that Katie used to have SO many of the same mannerisms that Kelly has. Like, they used to talk in exactly the same way. Katie doesn't talk like that anymore though. I wonder if she received criticism that made her change or if she saw footage of herself that she didn't like that made her change or what? Has anyone noticed this at any point?
Yes, very much so. Even down to the nasally voice that seems to have softened in Katie but holy moly Kelly sure makes up for the two of them still. :?

Did anyone get the impression Katie seemed off at the restaurant on date night? Maybe she was just tired or perhaps she hadn't wanted Cullen to pull out the camera which would be totally understandable.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
Scar2016
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Scar2016 »

On the Gaines is potty trained scenario, she's not potty trained at night which I find surprising because I'm sure Katie kind of led us to believe she was. No big deal given Gaines's age of course I just recall (iirc) that I thought Katie had gotten both day and night done around the same time or shortly after. She even put a potty in her bedroom at the old house for night time and she was definitely dry during nap time. I guess she may have regressed during the move which is quite normal.
I see NapTubers everywhere :coffee:
storeynyx
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by storeynyx »

sataninwonderland wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:On another topic, and I guess this is why I don't vlog. If I was out for what was supposed to be a romantic 10th anniversary dinner, and the kids were being watched, and my mom had sent a special bottle of champagne, the last thing on my mind would be vlogging it. I don't get that mindset. They don't have to share _everything_. How do you have a real, personal, adult conversation with the camera there? I really think the vlog is taking over their lives. How can you live in the moment when you're always thinking about footage?

I think that saying vlogging is "taking over their lives" is a bit dramatic. They vlogged a few minutes of their night, not the entire thing. They always vlog date nights. It really didn't seem like a big deal. They can have adult conversations when the camera is off, which it obviously was for the majority of the night.
I think people tend to forget that they've been vlogging for almost as long as they've been married. And consistently so for at least half their marriage. So the camera is a significant part of their life, and something they are very used to. It would probably feel strange to them to not vlog an important moment
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Anyone keep up with Jessica? She posted a pic on snapchat that revealed she makes about 7.5k a month on youtube. She doesn't daily vlog but has around 100k average views and 448k subs. 7.5k is slightly under half of her socialblade estimate. If that's the standard across the board then they're making somewhere in the ballpark of 7k a month just from youtube ad revenue. Then remember that they pay out their network so it's even less than that, but add sponsorship revenue. Still, the numbers just don't add up.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Scar2016 wrote:On the Gaines is potty trained scenario, she's not potty trained at night which I find surprising because I'm sure Katie kind of led us to believe she was. No big deal given Gaines's age of course I just recall (iirc) that I thought Katie had gotten both day and night done around the same time or shortly after. She even put a potty in her bedroom at the old house for night time and she was definitely dry during nap time. I guess she may have regressed during the move which is quite normal.
I am impressed with the progress Gaines has made since they potty trained her right when she turned two, but I definitely wouldn't call her potty trained. She still wears Pull-Ups for naps. There was a JK vlog where Kelly was watching Gaines, and she made the point of showing that MG was in her Pull-Up ready for her nap. Also, C&K oftentimes still make a pretty big deal when she uses the toilet, which makes it seem to me that she still is learning, which is absolutely fine! My daughter is 2 months younger than Gaines and I am dreading potty training. My son was pretty easy once he was fully ready, but it's still a really stressful part of parenting.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”