C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART 11

bunny88
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: LAY AT HOME PARENTS. PART 11

Unread post by bunny88 »

askeptichere wrote:I don't understand. Does their area not typically get tornado warnings? Cullen was out of the house knowing about the tropical storm, and Katie said the sirens were going off in their neighborhood, but she was in her bedroom and not the basement. Surely returning some mats and buying a beanbag chair could have waited until the severe weather was past them.
I live in Texas... right in Tornado alley, and I look at the actual weather report before taking cover. A lot of time there are warnings for our entire county, but the tornado that was spotted is actually in a different city. We stay watchful and alert, but only take cover if it is near our area or of the bad system is headed towards us.

I usually go outside and look around because I know what it looks like if it is really close. I don't recommend that haha, but thats what my parents always did lol
madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

bunny88 wrote:
askeptichere wrote:I don't understand. Does their area not typically get tornado warnings? Cullen was out of the house knowing about the tropical storm, and Katie said the sirens were going off in their neighborhood, but she was in her bedroom and not the basement. Surely returning some mats and buying a beanbag chair could have waited until the severe weather was past them.
I live in Texas... right in Tornado alley, and I look at the actual weather report before taking cover. A lot of time there are warnings for our entire county, but the tornado that was spotted is actually in a different city. We stay watchful and alert, but only take cover if it is near our area or of the bad system is headed towards us.

I usually go outside and look around because I know what it looks like if it is really close. I don't recommend that haha, but thats what my parents always did lol
Lol that reminds of me of this picture. The man told his wife he was "keeping an eye on the storm." [img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201706 ... 6cfd60.jpg[/img]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

FitMom wrote:Yeah not sure why he was out. We knew about this yesterday and even the day before. We get tornado warnings all the time here. He should know better. He is one of those people that James Spann fusses at.
But a "Tornado Emergency" makes such a good vlog title!
For some reason, I don't have an eye roll emoji, so just imagine one...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

bunny88 wrote:

I also live in tornado alley, and while tornado warnings aren't usually something I worry about at all, I know not to go out shopping. And I definitely take sirens seriously and sit in my basement until they stop.

bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

Hahahahaha that is hilarious!

To clarify, if we know there is a good chance of tornado-like weather, we don't run errands like Cullen did. I do not think that is very smart.

I was referring to Katie being in her bedroom instead of a closet or basement. (We generallly dont have basements in Texas... too much limestone, but Alabama may be different) We keep the weather channel on and an eye on the sky... otherwise you may spend hours in the closet when it isnt even close to you.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

bunny88 wrote:Hahahahaha that is hilarious!

To clarify, if we know there is a good chance of tornado-like weather, we don't run errands like Cullen did. I do not think that is very smart.

I was referring to Katie being in her bedroom instead of a closet or basement. (We generallly dont have basements in Texas... too much limestone, but Alabama may be different) We keep the weather channel on and an eye on the sky... otherwise you may spend hours in the closet when it isnt even close to you.
I agree with you. You aren't going to sit in your basement or closet the whole tornado warning, just when you hear the sirens. Maybe it's different in Texas though. I'm in western Illinois, and typically when the sirens go off it's only for a short time. Luckily a tornado hasn't directly hit my town since the 90s.

bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

askeptichere wrote:
bunny88 wrote:Hahahahaha that is hilarious!

I agree with you. You aren't going to sit in your basement or closet the whole tornado warning, just when you hear the sirens. Maybe it's different in Texas though. I'm in western Illinois, and typically when the sirens go off it's only for a short time. Luckily a tornado hasn't directly hit my town since the 90s.

Yes I agree about the sirens. The town I live in now do not have any sirens. It's a small town. So we get text alerts, and it is for our entire county. So we have to check the weather report. And I lived in a house once that was on the edge of town and you could barely hear them... if it was raining/windy forget about it.

But that is true, when I was a kid we hid in my dad's closet when the sirens went off (we could hear them at that house). Although, my parents usually turned the TV on and looked outside to check. But the kids were put in the closet lol
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

bunny88 wrote:

Yes I agree about the sirens. The town I live in now do not have any sirens. It's a small town. So we get text alerts, and it is for our entire county. So we have to check the weather report. And I lived in a house once that was on the edge of town and you could barely hear them... if it was raining/windy forget about it.

But that is true, when I was a kid we hid in my dad's closet when the sirens went off (we could hear them at that house). Although, my parents usually turned the TV on and looked outside to check. But the kids were put in the closet lol
That's scary! Thank goodness for modern technology!

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

bunny88 wrote:

Same here, tornado warnings are pretty common here, but i'm not putting the bike helmets on the kids and getting them in the hall closet unless its for MY specific area. I also check the sky as well. I will leave my house if it's storming, but not during an active warning, i'm sure it was issued while he was already out of the house. Tornado watches are issued here so far ahead of the storms that its normally perfectly fine to leave the house. im talking the sun will be shining and we are under watches for hours until the storms actually get here. I'm sure this warning popped up quick. I was at a small grocery store once when a warning was issued and they shuffled us all into the huge walk in cooler in the back of the store. Luckily it didn't amount to anything, Fun fact, Dixie Alley, which is were C&K and myself live is actually just as active or even more active than Tornado Alley some years. Someone else had brought up April of 2011.. that was a terrifying 24hrs here. I don't think i slept all night.
Personal, but i love storms and tornadoes and such. I would love to be a storm chaser and seeing a tornado in person is on my bucket list. I know they are destructive and deadly but they are absolutely amazing and beautiful as well. RIP Tim Samaras
bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

askeptichere wrote:
bunny88 wrote:

It really is! I dont know what ppl did in my area before texting notifications!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

bunny88 wrote:
askeptichere wrote:
bunny88 wrote:

It really is! I dont know what ppl did in my area before texting notifications!
We only got the Code Red system (is that what it's called in your area?) about 5 years ago and my tiny town just had sirens installed a year ago. Up until then we had to rely on tv/apps or physically watching the sky. If it's super nasty outside i still have my front door open and i'm pacing the floor switching between the local news, my weather apps and checking the skies for funnels!!!!! Habits are hard to break lol
bunny88
Talker
Talker

Unread post by bunny88 »

[/quote]

It really is! I dont know what ppl did in my area before texting notifications![/quote]

We only got the Code Red system (is that what it's called in your area?) about 5 years ago and my tiny town just had sirens installed a year ago. Up until then we had to rely on tv/apps or physically watching the sky. If it's super nasty outside i still have my front door open and i'm pacing the floor switching between the local news, my weather apps and checking the skies for funnels!!!!! Habits are hard to break lol[/quote]

That is so crazy! Habits really are hard to break lol! But I do have to say, if there isn't a green haze outside, rain, hail, or any visable funnel clouds, I dont get too anxious lol

My husband is not from Texas and he gets way more freaked out than I do. Then again, he was in the big '89 Earthquake in California and 2 hurricanes when he lived in Florida. He says it's only a matter of time before the tornadoes come for him. Lol

Sorry to derail the thread so much! I just have to say, I hope C&K were keeping an eye on things and not just ignoring the sirens... esp since they have kids.
Caisflame
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by Caisflame »

Someone show C&K Bonnie Hoellein's video from today so they can learn how you're supposed to treat snakes. I'll admit that B&J aren't always my favorite but Joel did everything right when it came to this snake. Yes it was a much smaller snake and you wouldn't want to mess with the one Katie came across, but the rules still apply, you don't kill it for no reason. & yeah, I know, beating a dead horse here. It was just refreshing to see someone who actually knows how to treat snakes after Cullen and Katie's ignorance towards it.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I live in Tornado Alley. All of the surrounding areas have been hit hard in the past few years. When our sirens go off, we take cover immediately. It's easy to disregard the warnings because they come so often and many times nothing happens. Better safe than sorry.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

The marshmallow play doh was pretty cool. But can I just say "yuck" to having Gaines on the counter with her shoes on.
OMG. Gaines ate a salad! So the "pickiness" they talk about is just her being stubborn. Since Brooks was eating a salad, she wanted one.
I wonder if they watch the weather on a regular basis. This isn't the first time Cullen has gotten caught out in bad weather.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Those first two outfits for Brooks that she showed were the most adorable things i have ever seen.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

Caisflame wrote:Someone show C&K Bonnie Hoellein's video from today so they can learn how you're supposed to treat snakes. I'll admit that B&J aren't always my favorite but Joel did everything right when it came to this snake. Yes it was a much smaller snake and you wouldn't want to mess with the one Katie came across, but the rules still apply, you don't kill it for no reason. & yeah, I know, beating a dead horse here. It was just refreshing to see someone who actually knows how to treat snakes after Cullen and Katie's ignorance towards it.
No, teaching children that young to mess with snakes isn't safe. Enjoy them from a distance.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:The marshmallow play doh was pretty cool. But can I just say "yuck" to having Gaines on the counter with her shoes on.
OMG. Gaines ate a salad! So the "pickiness" they talk about is just her being stubborn. Since Brooks was eating a salad, she wanted one.
I wonder if they watch the weather on a regular basis. This isn't the first time Cullen has gotten caught out in bad weather.

It kind of made me nervous to see Brooks eating lettuce. He doesn't have any teeth yet. I did baby led weaning with both of my kids and I thought lettuce wasn't something they could have.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:The marshmallow play doh was pretty cool. But can I just say "yuck" to having Gaines on the counter with her shoes on.

It kind of made me nervous to see Brooks eating lettuce. He doesn't have any teeth yet. I did baby led weaning with both of my kids and I thought lettuce wasn't something they could have.

I thought the same thing..
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

MommaLindsey2 wrote:
Caisflame wrote:Someone show C&K Bonnie Hoellein's video from today so they can learn how you're supposed to treat snakes. I'll admit that B&J aren't always my favorite but Joel did everything right when it came to this snake. Yes it was a much smaller snake and you wouldn't want to mess with the one Katie came across, but the rules still apply, you don't kill it for no reason. & yeah, I know, beating a dead horse here. It was just refreshing to see someone who actually knows how to treat snakes after Cullen and Katie's ignorance towards it.
No, teaching children that young to mess with snakes isn't safe. Enjoy them from a distance.

I am all for teaching kids about snakes, and I think Joel does. Cody knew it was a Garter snake. I still feel it should have been left alone. I think all wild creatures should have minimal contact with humans.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”