C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

madi_b_123
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Golf Carts and Thunderstorms. Part #12

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

sataninwonderland wrote:Something seems off about Cullen lately. Every vlog he looks/sounds out of it. Maybe it's just me idk
I've actually been thinking the same thing. He's acting pretty similarly to the way he acts after he's buzzed. My dad is an alcoholic and acted similarly when he relapsed so I wonder if there could be some sort of drinking problem. I realize this very well could be a stretch, but he just seems even more over the top than usual. I sincerely hope I'm wrong for Gaines' and Brooks' sake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

japaluvr wrote:Thank you Playsinrain, for justifying the privacy comment. Honestly, when typing out "respect their privacy" I was thinking how they aren't so private but according to the TOS, we aren't allowed to mention private stuff unless they've said it. I know they've hidden their last name in vlogs but also agree it's very easy to find out what it is. Unless they come right out and say their last name, I think we should uphold that respect as well.
But it's ok to expose his sister's drug habit and prison tone no problem?

Protecting privacy is just a funny argument imo given the exposure their channel has brought to their family. After all, like I said, their last name is now being included in articles and Wikis about them.
whatthepho
Talker
Talker

Unread post by whatthepho »

Y'all are right, I shouldn't have posted it. I apologize.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

HelloSweetie wrote:
japaluvr wrote:Thank you Playsinrain, for justifying the privacy comment. Honestly, when typing out "respect their privacy" I was thinking how they aren't so private but according to the TOS, we aren't allowed to mention private stuff unless they've said it. I know they've hidden their last name in vlogs but also agree it's very easy to find out what it is. Unless they come right out and say their last name, I think we should uphold that respect as well.

Protecting privacy is just a funny argument imo given the exposure their channel has brought to their family. After all, like I said, their last name is now being included in articles and Wikis about them.
No, I wish Cullen's sisters privacy had been protected as well since they're not open about that.

(to whatthepho: that's okay, lots of other YouTubers on here who are less private are referred to by their last names so I can see why you'd do it!)
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

HelloSweetie wrote:

I don't think it's ok to expose that stuff. It was exposed well before I started posting here though.. I actually found out about that stuff here. I don't think his sister and her issues are fair game Bc she's not on the blogs and not discussed on the vlogs. I'm always one of the ones defending her, saying that it isn't Cullen's story to share on YouTube. If he does decide to talk about it or wshe if she is ever in the vlog again and she talks about it then yes, fair game. But I just don't feel right about dragging her through the mud here when it's not common "vlog knowledge". I feel the same way about Bryan's mother and stepfather situation.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

madi_b_123 wrote:
sataninwonderland wrote:Something seems off about Cullen lately. Every vlog he looks/sounds out of it. Maybe it's just me idk
I've actually been thinking the same thing. He's acting pretty similarly to the way he acts after he's buzzed. My dad is an alcoholic and acted similarly when he relapsed so I wonder if there could be some sort of drinking problem. I realize this very well could be a stretch, but he just seems even more over the top than usual. I sincerely hope I'm wrong for Gaines' and Brooks' sake!

Hmmmm... I haven't noticed anything different, and I'm always very critical of Cullen.

whatthepho
Talker
Talker

Have we ever seen either of them drink?

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

whatthepho wrote:Have we ever seen either of them drink?

Yes. Both of them. quite a few tipsy vlog endings over the years but nothing that seemed like anything more than responsible adult alcohol consumption. To me anyway.
CallieT
Informer
Informer

Unread post by CallieT »

Yeah they do sometimes, especially Cullen (you can tell cuz he gets really annoying lol), but not that frequently, it never seems that excessive or irresponsible. I think Cullen has been just fine recently.

Also, aww the intro in today's vlog. I'm such a softie for C&K.
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

Playsinrain wrote:
Baconsgirl wrote:Image find this so funny and had to share on C&Ks board.

Maybe i'm a stick in the mud, but how is illiteracy "so funny"?
because it doesn't ring to be true. Sorry for offending you.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HelloSweetie wrote:Their last name was used in a few public articles after Brookes was born as well. It may have once been private, but doesn't seem to be anymore. They've made no attempt to have it removed.

This is important because how would anyone new that comes to their channel and looks them up know that they wanted their name private at some point? Most other vloggers are referred to as their last names on these boards, and I foresee this happening more and more now that it's out there.
A lot of vloggers are actually purposely revealing their last names because it increases the chances of cross promotion. Bratayley did it, and a few other vloggers have. Bratayley did it when they started pushing Annie's acting and singing career. A lot of people knew their name because of Caleb dying and the news that surrounded it, but they didn't actually release it until late last year, or early this year (can't remember). But the people who want to use their YouTube "fame" to leapfrog into more mainstream fame are releasing their last names. "Annie Leblanc's new song" is a lot easier to say than "Annie from Bratayley"

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

There was a vlog that we discussed here that seemed like Cullen was drunk/high in his car in the beginning. Some people voiced their doubts but I was positive at the the time. Wish I remembered the name so we could go back and take a second look.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:There was a vlog that we discussed here that seemed like Cullen was drunk/high in his car in the beginning. Some people voiced their doubts but I was positive at the the time. Wish I remembered the name so we could go back and take a second look.
We discussed it on Nov 26/16.

We also discussed Cullen filming (and making fun of) someone while intoxicated on his Periscope. Like I said, I like the guy but it's hard to care about respecting his privacy if he doesn't care enough to respect others'.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:There was a vlog that we discussed here that seemed like Cullen was drunk/high in his car in the beginning. Some people voiced their doubts but I was positive at the the time. Wish I remembered the name so we could go back and take a second look.
I remember it was a football weekend. Since HS gave the date, it should be pretty easy to find.

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

it's the beginning. My original judgement still stands tbh. So yeah, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he drinks a lot off camera. Add that to the possible list of reasons that he stays up so late and absolutely refuses to wake up in the mornings and take care of his children.
sataninwonderland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sataninwonderland »

madi_b_123 wrote:

Yeah that's what I thought but I didn't want to say it. He looks intoxicated lately in most of the vlogs. It's his eyes and voice. I don't want to spread rumors, and I've defended Cullen before but that's totally what it looks like to me (coming from a child of an alcoholic).
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And that puffiness about his face and gut...

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

He could just need to stop eating sodium filled pho and eating out all the time. That and not getting enough sleep can make anyone look haggard and bloated. He probably feels like garbage, too.
whatthepho
Talker
Talker

askeptichere wrote:He could just need to stop eating sodium filled pho and eating out all the time. That and not getting enough sleep can make anyone look haggard and bloated. He probably feels like garbage, too.
But pho is the bomb Image

Shorty02
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Shorty02 »

I don't think he has an alcohol problem. I think his issues are that he stays up too late, eats unhealthy food, doesn't exercise, and wears his contacts too long every day (and sometimes sleeps in them). He also stares at a computer screen for a long time editing, and I'm sure he does it in the dark a lot which can strain his eyes. I also think he has a goofy sense of humor that is amplified when he is around his "buddies" or on college game days.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”