C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

amf2224
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

Unread post by amf2224 »

I'm sorry..... but my best complaining (yes, they were complaining) was when they included FLORIDA in their busy schedules. I'm sorry, you're complaining about going to Florida for a VACATION?!!!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

I'm actually really surprised the last 2 videos have such low views. "What Happened Yesterday" is only at 55k, and "Changes" is only at 26k so far. You'd think such different videos for them would get people curious. Part of me thought they skipped a vlog to drum up views, but if that was their intent, that didn't work out. Both videos also have many more thumbs down than usual, but that's not surprising.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

amf2224 wrote:I'm sorry..... but my best complaining (yes, they were complaining) was when they included FLORIDA in their busy schedules. I'm sorry, you're complaining about going to Florida for a VACATION?!!!?

Seriously!? Really glad I chose to not watch now.
BadWolf
Talker
Talker

Unread post by BadWolf »

amf2224 wrote:I'm sorry..... but my best complaining (yes, they were complaining) was when they included FLORIDA in their busy schedules. I'm sorry, you're complaining about going to Florida for a VACATION?!!!?

Not just Florida, but California too... complete with a clip of Cullen diving into DB's pool. Life is so hard :P

Something doesn't seem right to me. My BS metre is telling me this is all a setup of some sort. I'm starting to wonder if the every day daily vloggers have realized that they can get away with not vlogging everyday, and it these "needed breaks" are just a way to dial it back without having the fans turn on them. Look how many fans now think E&J and C&K work too hard. Now they can start vlogging less, doing more one takes and live feeds, and still rake in the money.

Lazier and lazier, and yet still exhausted.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

askeptichere wrote:

Seriously!? Really glad I chose to not watch now.
They spent the majority of the video trying to convince viewers they weren't whiny, ungrateful jerks, and then spent the rest of the video proving themselves wrong.

Katie came across as very defensive to me- she is clearly bothered. I thought her little rant about "yes, there are people whose parents work three jobs each and they have seventeen kids and they live in a cardboard box under the interstate" was super rude and dismissive. She really doesn't get how privileged she is and sometimes she comes across as a huge snob. And I say this as someone who comes from a similarly privileged background, but Katie just doesn't get it.

She can't fathom why people aren't more sympathetic to her plight of traveling to CA and FL for fun. Not compulsory, not work-related, just vacation. Yes, moving and selling a house is stressful, but they were dumb in how they went about it. And most people would consider moving into their dream home "good stress." Just be thankful you are privileged enough to own your home and have a roof over your head, let alone live in a $650,000 house. And she's counting three birthday parties as part of her oh-so-heavy stress load? Seriously?
Get out of here. Something else is going on there- none of that should be pushing you to your breaking point unless your marriage is in serious trouble.

I would imagine that uploading a POPULAR ten to fifteen minute vlog every day and hustling for sponsorship and brand collaborations is hard. That does sound like a production. But their channel has stagnated and their content isn't fresh. Even this click-bait sit-down videos are garnering relatively few views.

I think daily vlogging in general is narcissistic, and I think certain attention-seeking personality types are attracted to it in the first place. But I also think that the vlogging itself and the attention-seeking behavior would be very toxic to a family and a marriage. The vlogging really feeds into the search for outside validation and the self-aggrandizing. I really think people get so caught up in creating this seemingly perfect life online that their real life comes second and eventually things fall apart. I think there's something going on with their marriage, and I think some of it is vlog related and some of it unrelated to the vlog.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

As an addendum to my post above, if normal life events like taking trips together and planning children's birthday parties are making you feel more distant and less emotionally connected, then it's probably not the trips or the parties, it's your marriage. I've been with my husband for almost 9 years, you go through periods where you're connecting and you go through periods where life gets crazy and you're out of sync. But I suspect something deeper is going on here, and I suspect Cullen's man-child ways are catching up with him now that they have two young kids to raise and I think Katie is at her breaking point. But I think they're using the move, the birthday parties, the trips as an excuse for whatever is really going on.

At least they seem to be recognize how unhealthy it is to live for YouTube every day. It's concerning though that as parents they don't seem to recognize how bizarre it is to do that to your children.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Exactly. I'm sorry, but if going to stay at your family's beach house for free is so stressful, just don't do it. And I don't think saying that Katie expects a certain lifestyle because of the way she was raised means she's a snob. It's just what she knows, and the way she thinks she should live. She's not a snob at all. But I do believe she does have certain expectations.
And I never said it wasn't ok for them to complain about their problems. I said it before, and I still believe that it's totally ok to talk about being stressed because you have two small kids or marital problems. But saying party planning, going to Florida, and going to California to drink and jump in B&M's stupid new pool are too stressful makes me roll my eyes. Go work with the homeless and then tell me you're stressed from too many vacations. I'm serious-- real gratitude makes you feel better. I was bummed about something with my car one day, and I drove past a bunch of people camped under the freeway to stay out of the rain. I suddenly felt a lot better about things. I'm not saying their stress isn't valid. I never said that, and I really don't think anyone else did. Or that they have no right to say that they're stressed. I'm saying that volunteering and helping people who don't have it as nice as them will help.
I need to shut up. The people who get my point get it, and the ones who don't, I will agree to disagree with.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

What I got from Katie saying about all the trips/parties the last five months was that they've always been on the go, rarely getting a resting period. You know how you want a vacation from your vacation? The past five months watching them always doing something wore me out and I just watch! Can't imagine what it's like to live with something always going on for almost 5 months and I think that's where the stress was coming from as well.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I think when people say they need a vacation from their vacation, they are taking trips that are jam packed with museums, tours, hiking, etc. C&K don't DO anything on these trips. YouTube conferences are weekends, and I'm sure those a packed full of events, but they are choosing to fly to CA to play in a pool. Choosing to hang out at the beach for 2 weeks. Choosing to watch a college football game in box seats. If they need a vacation from that, they need to get off their asses and go for a walk.

Nini12
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Nini12 »

I think this is the typical way C&K react to any kind of “criticism”/when people confront them for something.
You don’t get to portray your life as the most perfect thing in the world and then act like “well you don’t know how hard it is”.

IMO they’ve been trying to catch up with everyone. They got the big house in a fancy neighborhood just like Katie’s sisters, they travel to a different state just for the sake of a yt convention or visiting other youtubers (who are just workmates, it isn’t like they travel to visit their family), they plan their kids birthday parties just like Katie’s mum would and the list goes on. It’s like as if they were kids playing house and since they don’t know what to do, they go with that someone else is doing.

I’m getting the vibe that Cullen is over trying to make things work -in every aspect of his life, not just YouTube- and Katie is set on living this life that she planned and convinced herself that she wanted.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
^^^ Sorry if there are any mistakes guys, english is not my first language
calliepaige
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by calliepaige »

Also Katie has to realize that they could have that $ lifestyle life that she’s had her whole life too... she has her PHD and could go back to work. Her father is a doctor and her sisters husband is a lawyer. I think they are realizing that a lot is falling apart. I truly do feel bad for them that their YouTube channel hasn’t taken off like all of their friends but between them, DB and E&J they are three completely different families and different lifestyles.

I don’t think YouTube is sustainable and they need to figure out how to keep their lifestyle, their home, etc.

I am sure a lot is happening that they aren’t telling us. Remember when they used to share everything almost?? Their nightly chats were so genuine and truthful. However that’s obviously what wasn’t working for building an audience. They need to find what niche they fit into...

daisy1000
Informer
Informer

Unread post by daisy1000 »

I hate to say this because I feel like everyone deserves to move up in life but once they moved into their new house, it changed for them. Their life changed and I notice this with all vloggers. What should be an amazing life experience to share, it turns into a total shift in vlogging. I think they have personal issues that they need to work on and maybe that’s what has made the vlogs off but I don’t know. I feel like a lot of YouTubers are suddenly going through stuff all at the same time.

daisy1000
Informer
Informer

C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

Unread post by daisy1000 »

Too late to edit but I also wanted to add that I think they’re putting this pressure on themselves to be like all the other YouTubers to gain more subscribers and views which means more sponsorships and money but that would also mean losing yourself in the process. I think at the end of the day, they need to stay true to themselves and build their own name and brand. That’s just my perspective. And at the end of the day, you can’t please everyone and it’s okay to step outside of the box. People come to their channel to watch Cullen and Katie, not the daily bumps or Ellie and Jared.
cynthiadancer
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cynthiadancer »

As a few others have mentioned it is really interesting how differently people are taking this video. I read most of the comments here before watching the video and then was surprised that I kind of disagree with what most people said. I know this is an unpopular opinion but I liked the video and thought it was mostly genuine. Don't get me wrong, it was totally annoying how they kept talking about how they aren't complaining and trying to over explain that and at times I just wanted them (mostly Katie) to shut up, but this was the C&K I have been missing for awhile. The ones that sit and talk to us about how they're feeling. I almost got the idea they don't exactly know how they are feeling.

I think they have hit a rough patch in their marriage for sure and were just going along through their days like it wasn't happening but have gotten to the point that they can't ignore it any longer. We all noticed it and we only see a few minutes of their day - I'm willing to bet their family and those in their lives have noticed and maybe even gotten involved. Katie mentioned texting about this with her mom so I have to wonder how much of this was driven by their family sitting down and saying "what are you guys doing?" I think they are realizing that it's not ok to just float through this life and they have a lot of work to do. There was probably a blow out fight or something that led to this revelation but in my opinion they are just at the beginning of it and they themselves don't even know where they are headed with this journey. Cullen does seem pretty checked out. I also agree with some others that he seems pretty disillusioned with the daily vlogging life after he has never been able to be as successful as he wants to be. Maybe he is over trying and depressed, causing him to be over trying in the rest of his life as well.

I actually think this has been swirling for quite some time, there are instagram posts on Katie's page from months and months ago about how they need to work on their relationship and her post from their 10 year anniversary talked about it as well. I think adding a second baby took a toll on them that they weren't prepared for. In any case, I hope they are able to salvage their relationship before it's too late.

(Side note about the complaining: I know to some their problems don't seem as big as many people but they are still their problems. I actually think they are just bad at articulating them clearly. Maybe they do need a little perspective but everyone is entitled to complain and have struggles even if they are petty. I'm guilty of having petty struggles sometimes in my life and judging others for having them too but I actively work on that because I do think everyone's issues are valid to them. It's what's important to THEM and that's all that really matters. I actually think it is pretty brave to be vulnerable and admit some of their problems out there on the internet. I know I wouldn't.)
100midas
Informer
Informer

Unread post by 100midas »

cynthiadancer wrote:As a few others have mentioned it is really interesting how differently people are taking this video. I read most of the comments here before watching the video and then was surprised that I kind of disagree with what most people said. I know this is an unpopular opinion but I liked the video and thought it was mostly genuine. Don't get me wrong, it was totally annoying how they kept talking about how they aren't complaining and trying to over explain that and at times I just wanted them (mostly Katie) to shut up, but this was the C&K I have been missing for awhile. The ones that sit and talk to us about how they're feeling. I almost got the idea they don't exactly know how they are feeling.

I think they have hit a rough patch in their marriage for sure and were just going along through their days like it wasn't happening but have gotten to the point that they can't ignore it any longer. We all noticed it and we only see a few minutes of their day - I'm willing to bet their family and those in their lives have noticed and maybe even gotten involved. Katie mentioned texting about this with her mom so I have to wonder how much of this was driven by their family sitting down and saying "what are you guys doing?" I think they are realizing that it's not ok to just float through this life and they have a lot of work to do. There was probably a blow out fight or something that led to this revelation but in my opinion they are just at the beginning of it and they themselves don't even know where they are headed with this journey. Cullen does seem pretty checked out. I also agree with some others that he seems pretty disillusioned with the daily vlogging life after he has never been able to be as successful as he wants to be. Maybe he is over trying and depressed, causing him to be over trying in the rest of his life as well.

I actually think this has been swirling for quite some time, there are instagram posts on Katie's page from months and months ago about how they need to work on their relationship and her post from their 10 year anniversary talked about it as well. I think adding a second baby took a toll on them that they weren't prepared for. In any case, I hope they are able to salvage their relationship before it's too late.

(Side note about the complaining: I know to some their problems don't seem as big as many people but they are still their problems. I actually think they are just bad at articulating them clearly. Maybe they do need a little perspective but everyone is entitled to complain and have struggles even if they are petty. I'm guilty of having petty struggles sometimes in my life and judging others for having them too but I actively work on that because I do think everyone's issues are valid to them. It's what's important to THEM and that's all that really matters. I actually think it is pretty brave to be vulnerable and admit some of their problems out there on the internet. I know I wouldn't.)
Agreed. I was annoyed with them yesterday for not being honest, and today they were honest, and I'm happy about that. The only things in the video that I took issue with were their constant reminders that "we're not complaining" and Katie's 17 kids under an overpass remark. It's annoying when people act like rich/privileged/well off people can't have struggles and talk about them. By that logic, no one can complain ever, because someone out there is starving and dying with no house and no money. And yes, some vloggers do complain about ridiculous things and C&K have complained about ridiculous things but I don't think today's video was an example of that. They were just talking about their feelings, which is what they should have done in the first place.

I do wonder how if they feel like daily vlogging is really the main reason behind their lack of connection (which, I definitely don't think it's the main/only reason) they expect that taking a day off once a week is going to solve their problems. I really think they're going to end up completely burning out with vlogging sometime in the next couple of years. I don't know if they'll actually stop (unless they split up) because they definitely don't want to go back to work and it shows. But I do think that they've passed the peak of their vlogging "careers" and it'll only get worse from here.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

cynthiadancer wrote:As a few others have mentioned it is really interesting how differently people are taking this video. I read most of the comments here before watching the video and then was surprised that I kind of disagree with what most people said. I know this is an unpopular opinion but I liked the video and thought it was mostly genuine. Don't get me wrong, it was totally annoying how they kept talking about how they aren't complaining and trying to over explain that and at times I just wanted them (mostly Katie) to shut up, but this was the C&K I have been missing for awhile. The ones that sit and talk to us about how they're feeling. I almost got the idea they don't exactly know how they are feeling.

I wouldn't call it an "unpopular opinion". A lot of people here agree with you, and even if they don't, you're entitled to it, and it's valid.
You raised some interesting points.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

She needs to MLM her vlog game. Get those vlog mommas under her leadership. She said they love running their business together.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk
MamaJoAnna
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MamaJoAnna »

http://ytmommadrama.com/viewtopic.php?f=233&t=13192

^ Next part, sorry for the delay!
RIP Dad - 09/30/2017 :angel:

Return to “Cullen and Katie”