C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Drink a little drink. Smoke a little smoke. Part 13

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I see it like this, I have a pretty successful accounting firm and my husband works HARD at his job.
We are fortunate enough to be building our dream home, yeah its got its stressful moments BUT if I were to sit and complain to my friends and family about how hard it is to be lucky enough to be building our dream home before we turn 30 they would LAUGH my ass out the door!

Thats what Katie and Cullen tried to sell us. Yes, vlogging would be stressful, thats why its not worth it in my opinion, but a lot of what theyre complaining about is just ridiculous. Sorry you have the money/time/opportunity to travel, sorry you were able to upgrade your house, sorry you have 2 birthday parties to plan? Like what, seriously?

ETA: And THATS why I dont believe them that this is the real issue, its just the vlog friendly issue.
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

I'm not buying for one second what they are trying to sell us on! There are certainly some deeper issues going on, that I assume are on Cullen's' end, and it's only a matter of time before they come out.

Look at Austin Null and Shay... empires can crumble and the truth always leaks out!
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I'll just leave it at this... whether you relate to their problems or not, i'm glad that they realize they have issues and are willing to make steps to change things before it further effects their relationship with each other, their children and their family. I hope they do make changes and work on THEM, bc they have fought too hard for this family (infertility struggles) and made it through so much together to let something like a vlogging camera destroy it for them.. :love2:
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

I think if they made vlogging like an actual work schedule Mon-Fri and no more filming after a certain time daily, then they'll be happier. We all know they clearly don't have a scheduled routine and if they stuck with a routine weekly, they'll be more organized and happy.

People who work from home say it's worse than being in an office because they don't give themselves a "shut down" time at home since their work is a click away. This is what is happening to C&K. They are right, daily vlogging becomes your life and it's sad.

Yes, they are allowed to complain. So do every.single.person. Just because they chose that lifestyle doesn't discredit them for not allowing to speak about it being rough. Parenting in general is HARD, being with your spouse 24/7 is HARD, thinking of ways to make the vlog creative to keep people entertained is HARD. Yes, they chose trips which was vlogged because it's their job.. maybe visiting the DBs was a paid gig for the birthday shebang? The elaborate birthday parties? For the vlog or also typical birthday themes (minus the exaggerated birthday cake(s)). We don't know all the struggles anyone experiences until we step into their shoes. I personally couldn't live their life - no privacy and constantly think of ideas for the vlog. Some of you say it's an easy job, maybe it is compared to other professions but could YOU do it, every.single.day. of your lives to make money?

I don't watch D&B or E&J (only when there is pregnancy speculation or miscarriage lying news) so I can't compare them to C&K but D&B just rub me the wrong way.

As its been said before, C&K decide to broadcast their lives daily and there will always be some viewer complaining about them or what they did. I may not agree with some choices they've made in the past, but we're all human and we move on, unless some like to hold grudges.

I sure hope they can recollect and focus more on themselves. /wordspam
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

So many vloggers that have split have said that vlogging put a huge pressure on their relationships. If Cullen admits to hugging Katie just for the vlog, that's a huge red flag.
If vlogging is causing such big problems in their relationship, how is doing a live stream the answer?
I am interested in seeing what they actually do to change things.
As far as the "complaining" goes, I think we have to agree to disagree. I can listen to the stuff about stress in the marriage and understand, but the big house and parties and traveling to party with Bryan and Missy being "too stressful", I personally can't relate to. Maybe it's just as valid as the people in Puerto Rico, who've lost everything, or the "rich person who has a bad hair day" being bummed about her hair looking bad,(which honestly, I would want to smack someone for-- but I understand your point) but I personally can't relate to it. It just isn't something _I_ want to watch.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:So many vloggers that have split have said that vlogging put a huge pressure on their relationships. If Cullen admits to hugging Katie just for the vlog, that's a huge red flag.
If vlogging is causing such big problems in their relationship, how is doing a live stream the answer?

As far as the "complaining" goes, I think we have to agree to disagree. I can listen to the stuff about stress in the marriage and understand, but the big house and parties and traveling to party with Bryan and Missy being "too stressful", I personally can't relate to. Maybe it's just as valid as the people in Puerto Rico, who've lost everything, or the "rich person who has a bad hair day" being bummed about her hair looking bad,(which honestly, I would want to smack someone for-- but I understand your point) but I personally can't relate to it. It just isn't something _I_ want to watch.

Exactly my thoughts, how is a live stream going to help anything?
I really dont believe that the vlogging is the source of the issues. Sure it contributes but cullen has been checked out for awhile. A livestream wont fix that.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Imagine if Missy threatened to delete comments because they might accuse her of complaining?? Katie's attitude just sucks. Humble yourself Katie.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Lovethesnark wrote:Imagine if Missy threatened to delete comments because they might accuse her of complaining?? Katie's attitude just sucks. Humble yourself Katie.
lol I would just be proud that Missy admitted to deleting comments. She/they already do that.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

After reading the past pages of posts here, I don't know that I even want to watch the vlog. I'm not yet to the point of 100% hate watching them, but I feel like this video would put me over the edge.

I'm sad for them. I'm sad for what they've become.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lovethesnark wrote:Imagine if Missy threatened to delete comments because they might accuse her of complaining?? Katie's attitude just sucks. Humble yourself Katie.

Katie is the typical spoiled rich kid. Sure sometimes she hides it but really thats her attitude. She deserves a big house, new vehicle, trips, all the expensive kids clothes, she deserves it and dont you dare question her or make her accountable at her job.

The sad part is without youtube they wouldnt have the lifestyle Katie wants. Cullen cant afford the home, vehicle, and all the extras, plus allow her to be a stay at home mom. I wonder if part of Katie's annoyance is resentment. Cullen has always been a child, that hasnt changed, but I wonder if she is really resenting him for it now.
minmouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by minmouse »

I feel like they don't realize that some of these stressors are a part of life. Being married with kids can be hard. There is a lot of juggling and if you spend time with someone/something that means someone/something else suffers. It's all about finding a balance. And they also have to realize that adulting entails hard work! Yes, they can complain but they seem like they thought being a grown up would be just like being college students with a carefree lifestyle. They really just need to grow up, find a balance and stop thinking all these luxury things are stressors. Moving into a huge house, planning huge parties, traveling... if we could all have such problems!! They don't really seem to realize just how lucky and fortunate they are. Personally I think Cullen is lazy and Katie is lazy too but was also spoiled by her priveledged upbringing. Being an adult is hard. Welcome to the real world Cullen & Katie. Get over yourselves.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

minmouse wrote:I feel like they don't realize that some of these stressors are a part of life. Being married with kids can be hard. There is a lot of juggling and if you spend time with someone/something that means someone/something else suffers. It's all about finding a balance. And they also have to realize that adulating entails hard work! Yes, they can complain but they seem like they thought being a grown up would be just like being college students with a carefree lifestyle. They really just need to grow up, find a balance and stop thinking all these luxury things are stressors. Moving into a huge house, planning huge parties, traveling... if we could all have such problems!! They don't really seem to realize just how lucky and fortunate they are. Personally I think Cullen is lazy and Katie is lazy too but was also spoiled by her priveledged upbringing. Being an adult is hard. Welcome to the real world Cullen & Katie. Get over yourselves.

Yes! Sure their job has a different group of stressors then mine, but everybody has stress in their jobs and in their lives. They complain to a friend, deal with it and keep on going. They dont sit on their couch crying about it, skip work, and then decide theyre cutting back on their job becuase all the fun that comes with being self employed is just too stressful.

Take a mental health day if you need it. Set up some working at home boundaries, cut back on the travel and parties. But dont sit there and tell me your life is SO HARD but youre not complaining and dont you dare say I am. Its just stupid.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:

Katie is the typical spoiled rich kid. Sure sometimes she hides it but really thats her attitude. She deserves a big house, new vehicle, trips, all the expensive kids clothes, she deserves it and dont you dare question her or make her accountable at her job.

The sad part is without youtube they wouldnt have the lifestyle Katie wants. Cullen cant afford the home, vehicle, and all the extras, plus allow her to be a stay at home mom. I wonder if part of Katie's annoyance is resentment. Cullen has always been a child, that hasnt changed, but I wonder if she is really resenting him for it now.
I think she does resent him for it. I also think she might be insecure too. Katie's sister manages to do everything Katie does while editing their vlogs, and selling Mary Kay on the side. I think she might be realizing just how lazy they've become. Instead of doing something about it, she rather blame someone else or blame youtube.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:
lmmomSD wrote:So many vloggers that have split have said that vlogging put a huge pressure on their relationships. If Cullen admits to hugging Katie just for the vlog, that's a huge red flag.

Exactly my thoughts, how is a live stream going to help anything?
I really dont believe that the vlogging is the source of the issues. Sure it contributes but cullen has been checked out for awhile. A livestream wont fix that.
It's not. As vloggers get lazier and lazier things only seem to get worse.

And I agree with Faking It. We are very fortunate and my husband runs a successful business. He's on the road a lot and it's hard, but not nearly as hard as my mother had it raising two children on a fraction of what we now make. If I whined and complained too much my mother would give me a reality check STAT!

I think they would have been better to take a complimentary "if we are struggling this hard, I don't know how everyone else manages balancing everything!" approach. Somehow I don't think that is how they feel though.
Spivy
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by Spivy »

askeptichere wrote:After reading the past pages of posts here, I don't know that I even want to watch the vlog. I'm not yet to the point of 100% hate watching them, but I feel like this video would put me over the edge.

I'm sad for them. I'm sad for what they've become.

I'm with you. I wasn't going to watch then clicked on about five minutes of it and then had to turn it off.

It will for sure put you over the edge. These vlogs aren't the fun loving, put a smile on your face vlogs of yesteryear. If I do watch which is close to never, I cringe and turn it off. The camera always being shoved in the kid's faces and the staged events are insulting to one's intelligence. It's sad, but I guess nothing lasts forever.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I think Cullen definitely resents that he works harder at the vlogs and editing, and they struggle along, while Bryan throws some pool montages together and the money rolls in. And I totally agree that part of their problem is bad time management. Weren't they going to use the time when the kids were at MDO to get stuff done?
Speaking of time management, I have to get some stuff done!

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

lmmomSD wrote:I think Cullen definitely resents that he works harder at the vlogs and editing, and they struggle along, while Bryan throws some pool montages together and the money rolls in. And I totally agree that part of their problem is bad time management. Weren't they going to use the time when the kids were at MDO to get stuff done?

How could it not bother him? All of his youtube friends have taken off while he's been just slowling going along.
I used to like their videos, lately theyre just too out of touch, but back when I liked them I couldnt really understand why theyre not as popular as their friends. They just dont have "it" I guess, whatever "it" is. And maybe its time they changed things up, clearly this isnt working, maybe Cullen needs to go to school and do something else with his life. Maybe they shouldnt have made themselves so house poor so they could afford to have a couple days off vlogging each week.

Even when the kids are at MDO they just run around like chickens with their heads cut off, they have no real planning skills.
janica
Talker
Talker

Unread post by janica »

Sooo, what are they going to do now? I really like to watch their vlogs. They always made me laugh :love2:
My apologies for any grammar or spelling mistakes. English is not my first language :love2:
janica
Talker
Talker

Unread post by janica »

lmmomSD wrote:I think Cullen definitely resents that he works harder at the vlogs and editing, and they struggle along, while Bryan throws some pool montages together and the money rolls in. And I totally agree that part of their problem is bad time management. Weren't they going to use the time when the kids were at MDO to get stuff done?

They could spend that time at the gym working out so that they have more energy for housekeeping or their children :P
My apologies for any grammar or spelling mistakes. English is not my first language :love2:
onbreak
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by onbreak »

I took it as whining. I'm glad they are taking a marriage class. Everyone could use a nudge towards face to fave communication these days.
They have lost the motivation.. Maybe they are smoking a lil too much.
I hate live streams. Once I hear the, " hey so n so.. I have something to talk to you about later" I turn them off. Very impersonal.

Sent from my LG-M257 using Tapatalk

Return to “Cullen and Katie”