C&K: The Struggle is Real...ly Hard to Relate (Part 14)

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Re: C&K: The Struggle is Real...ly Hard to Relate (Part 14)

Unread post by lmmomSD »

I have one more thing to say, and I promise I really will shut up. I am not sitting here like Uriah Heep, rubbing my hands together hoping she screws up. I am just saying that after 19 years of hanging out with alcoholics and addicts and sponsoring new people, I can tell you that her chances of long term recovery are much better if she isn't going to parties and getting drunk, and drinking casually with her boyfriend. And that she could be fine, but why risk it? If drinking is so important that she can't forgo it it have a good time without it, yes, there is a problem. It definitely seems to be the culture in her family that a good time= having alcohol. Maybe they should look at that.
Ok. Really shutting up now.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
freshbalsam
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by freshbalsam »

lmmomSD wrote:I have one more thing to say, and I promise I really will shut up. I am not sitting here like Uriah Heep, rubbing my hands together hoping she screws up. I am just saying that after 19 years of hanging out with alcoholics and addicts and sponsoring new people, I can tell you that her chances of long term recovery are much better if she isn't going to parties and getting drunk, and drinking casually with her boyfriend. And that she could be fine, but why risk it? If drinking is so important that she can't forgo it it have a good time without it, yes, there is a problem. It definitely seems to be the culture in her family that a good time= having alcohol. Maybe they should look at that.
Ok. Really shutting up now.

I agree. Honestly, any type of substance is not good for her right now. I only know one addict, but a lot of my friends used drugs occasionally when they were younger and 98% of the time, they were being used while drunk/drinking. I know it’s a family party and very unlikely that a bag of coke is gonna be whipped out. But, if she’s that comfortable around alcohol right now, who’s to say she isn’t going out with friends to drink and getting into the drug scene through that. Maybe in years time, a beer or some wine is totally appropriate and done through honest fun, however, she’s been drinking (as seen in vlogs) on more than one occasion and she’s been released for not even an entire month.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I'm sort of surprised her family isn't encouraging her to find a job - and NOT just YouTube. Being productive and gaining skills is better than being home alone all day with nothing to do - or goofing off with stupid Cullen. I noticed they didn't mention what Cory does for work in their first vlog, but he must have found something and got a work visa. If he's only here on a tourist visa he'll have to go back to Canada in six months.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I think her plan is to be pregnant #soon
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And Cullen seems to be encouraging that, telling Corey a baby "looks good on you". Maybe they see him as some kind of savior for her-- he's obviously successful, and she doesn't seem to want to work. Do we know if she even has any marketable skills? So getting pregnant is a good way to make sure he sticks around. I don't think they are thinking this consciously, but it could be in the back of their minds.
Her drug of choice was meth, right? And that has a big partying -mix-with-alcohol rep. It would be so easy once she is drunk to go "just one hit won't hurt"... But it probably will.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I think her plan is to be pregnant #soon
Well, then they'd better be getting married soon if Cory doesn't have a work visa. Hopefully he does and he doesn't have to worry, but if he doesn't and they aren't married he'll have to go back to Canada regardless if Britney is pregnant or not.
aggieyorkie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by aggieyorkie »

Brooks saying Gaines’ name was freaking ADORABLE! Good job buddy!! I wonder if he will pick up a ton of words quickly and be advanced like MG.

My 9 month old calls everything mama/says mama while crying. I wonder when she’ll pick up more words.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

aggieyorkie wrote:Brooks saying Gaines’ name was freaking ADORABLE! Good job buddy!! I wonder if he will pick up a ton of words quickly and be advanced like MG.

My 9 month old calls everything mama/says mama while crying. I wonder when she’ll pick up more words.
It was really cute. When he's not upset, he can be totally adorable.

Strawberry26
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Strawberry26 »

Here's a new thread =)

viewtopic.php?t=13253

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Return to “Cullen and Katie”