C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Re: C&K - Boss Babies Part #15

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Cats hide when they are in pain very well. C&K didn't know they were healthy until AFTER they had them checked by the vet.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Playsinrain »

HelloSweetie wrote:Cats hide when they are in pain very well. C&K didn't know they were healthy until AFTER they had them checked by the vet.
But they were healthy, and not in pain, so why state "not to mention how painful it probably was.." when the cats got a clean bill of health and were not in pain? I don't discredit your opinion, i'm just saying its quite the stretch to talk about how much pain the cats were in when they were not in pain and pain wasn't the issue.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Playsinrain wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:Cats hide when they are in pain very well. C&K didn't know they were healthy until AFTER they had them checked by the vet.
But they were healthy, and not in pain, so why state "not to mention how painful it probably was.." when the cats got a clean bill of health and were not in pain? I don't discredit your opinion, i'm just saying its quite the stretch to talk about how much pain the cats were in when they were not in pain and pain wasn't the issue.
Sorry. Meant to say "how painful it could have been."

They didn't know shit about the situation, and didn't try ANYTHING to rule out a physical cause. They couldn't even go to the trouble of unpacking their comfort items.

Fine if you want to defend them, but in my opinion it's indefensible. If Bryan and Missy were to treat their pets that way, there would be few people excusing it.
tori
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tori »

japaluvr wrote:Why I associated a kid to the pet is because I'm thinking in terms of an infant/toddler since I currently have a child that age who can't communicate yet. If it was a much older child who can describe their symptoms then yes, I certainly wouldn't compare the two species. I did not know pets could hide their symptoms, do all of them do that? My cat was very lethargic years ago which was weird for him, but we waited it out for a few hours until he showed signs of not eating or playing so we did take him to the vet and found out it was a UTI.

As for the vet costs, I'm sure the money wasn't an issue. I was just saying that not a lot of people are lucky to save enough money for an overall emergency fund because you brought up saving money for your pets which is great, but I'm pretty sure others are not as fortunate to do so.

Sorry RBF if I discredited your feelings comparing your pet to kids who can't communicate how they feel yet. That was not my intention. I was just bringing up another scenario.
If you can't afford proper vet care, you shouldn't have a pet. It's one thing foto be blown out of the water by a massive emergency or health issue like cancer, but if you don't have money available for routine vet visits, you should not have a pet. Period.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
Sorry. Meant to say "how painful it could have been."

They didn't know shit about the situation, and didn't try ANYTHING to rule out a physical cause. They couldn't even go to the trouble of unpacking their comfort items.

Fine if you want to defend them, but in my opinion it's indefensible. If Bryan and Missy were to treat their pets that way, there would be few people excusing it.
I don't think it's completely defensible and i don't want to come across that way. No they did not have enough litter boxes in the house, they should have unpacked the cat's things just as they did everyone else's. They should have realized that THEY were adding to the peeing issue. Maybe they shouldn't have made the jokes about giving the cats away. And they surely shouldnt have said that they tried everything, when in fact they had tried nearly nothing. I just think that sometimes things are blown out of proportion here, and things that didn't happen are talked about like they did happen.

I will stand by the fact that i think C&K are MUCH better pet parents than B&M are. It's not all that matters, but at least they treat those pets as members of the family. They aren't locked up in cages or in a small muddy pen 24/7. Remember Missy and Bryan are ACTUALLY GUILTY of getting rid of the cat (and chickens and other dogs oh and where is Ollie's mouse John??) when they got fed up with them. C&K did not. I'm not saying that makes them saints, bc i totally agree that things should have been handled differently with the cat situation, but joking about things like that and actually doing it are two totally different things. I have to defend C&K over B&M bc to B&M animals are disposable status symbols, i feel like they have zero emotional attachment to those pets whereas C&K actually do. Like i said, loving your pet does not alone make you a great pet parent, but it makes a hell of a lot of difference in my eyes.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

And Whitaker does not look happy in that screenshot. His ears are back.
They also let Gaines lie on the dogs like they're big pillows. They're older dogs, and anyone can see that they're kinda stiff-- which to me means arthritis. It can't be comfortable.
And with the cats, they flat out lied. They kept saying "We've tried everything!" Our cat never peed outside his litter box or the yard unless he had a UTI. That was usually our first clue. But C&K hadn't tried everything-- not even more litter boxes. And if the changes with the new house were the issue, why did they say it had been going on for "years"? Which is it?

They have a very fluid definition of the truth.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

I like C&K. I defend them a lot. I actually stopped posting on their board because even I was annoyed at how often I sounded like a CK minion.
But the way the way they are with their pets has ALWAYS made me side-eye them. They’re not the worst ever, but they’re not great either.

Personal Post warning. My parents are just like them. Love them, feed them, but are really negligent about their vet care. As in, only go to the vet when absolutely necessary. Their last dog had a benign fat tumour on his hip that got as big as a softball. They took him to the vet ONCE about it. Vet said it wasn’t terminal, and surgery was recommended but not necessary. So my parents left it there for THREE YEARS! Until he scraped it on something and he nearly bled to death because it was so vascular. And even then, they tried to get the vet to just stitch it rather than remove it.
Somehow, beyond my understanding, their pets always live long, mostly healthy lives. That dog lived over 16 years (large breed, live span typically in the 10-12 year range) healthy as a horse, no arthritis or illness, and then just passed in his sleep one night.
Dumb luck given the lack of care for his health.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:roll:
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

I hate that DB have gotten rid of animals, but maybe that's for the best for they aren't going to care for them. C&K are neglecting theirs, and letting the kids harass them, and they would arguably be happier somewhere else if their needs aren't being met.

Maybe I'm just a fur mama with extremely high standards, but I'm good with that. I try to give both my children and pets the best, and am proud of that.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:I hate that DB have gotten rid of animals, but maybe that's for the best for they aren't going to care for them. C&K are neglecting theirs, and letting the kids harass them, and they would arguably be happier somewhere else if their needs aren't being met.

Maybe I'm just a fur mama with extremely high standards, but I'm good with that. I try to give both my children and pets the best, and am proud of that.
But there is the double standard in a nutshell. If someone (and it's not just you HS, i'm not trying to single you out, but you make the point that bugs me) thinks the cats would be better off with someone else, why are we upset that they joked about giving them away? They talk about giving them away but DON'T and people get bent out of shape, but then it's brought up that they would be better off if they DID give them away... i guess i just don't understand it... They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

I did not take their comment about giving the cats away as a joke. At all. In that vlog they were totally fed up, and in that instance, giving the cats up was a completely rational option. Maybe after a few days of trying new things they changed their tune about rehoming the cats, but the day the cats peed on all those rugs and piles of clothes, they were quite serious about it if nothing were to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

They aren't damned if they do blah blah blah, they hadn't tried ANYTHING at that point to keep the cats. NOTHING. In fact, they lied and said they had when people tried to help.

There isn't a double standard. Animal welfare is a serious issue for me regardless of who the person is. Low class hicks like B&M suck. White Mormons like E&J though better than B&M treat their dog like property, and C&K are lazy to the point of negligence. I like the Hoellein family, but I pray they never get a dog because they wouldn't be able to handle it. So this isn't a case of C&K being held to a different standard for me at all. There is a recent history of their being reckless with their pets safety, security and health. The cats may be treated as family by living in the house instead of outside, but this doesn't mean their needs are being respected.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Theirmom wrote:I like C&K. I defend them a lot. I actually stopped posting on their board because even I was annoyed at how often I sounded like a CK minion.
But the way the way they are with their pets has ALWAYS made me side-eye them. They’re not the worst ever, but they’re not great either.

Personal Post warning. My parents are just like them. Love them, feed them, but are really negligent about their vet care. As in, only go to the vet when absolutely necessary. Their last dog had a benign fat tumour on his hip that got as big as a softball. They took him to the vet ONCE about it. Vet said it wasn’t terminal, and surgery was recommended but not necessary. So my parents left it there for THREE YEARS! Until he scraped it on something and he nearly bled to death because it was so vascular. And even then, they tried to get the vet to just stitch it rather than remove it.
Somehow, beyond my understanding, their pets always live long, mostly healthy lives. That dog lived over 16 years (large breed, live span typically in the 10-12 year range) healthy as a horse, no arthritis or illness, and then just passed in his sleep one night.
Dumb luck given the lack of care for his health.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Replying to the personal story.. my dog has a fatty tumor on the base of her tail. It's smaller than a ping pong ball but it is for sure there and noticeable. When it first popped up it was tiny, the size of a pea (and at first i thought it was an insect bite) but when it didn't go away we made an appt. Our vet told us it was a fatty tumor, nothing to worry about and surgery would be only a cosmetic issue and not a health issue. She would take it off if we wanted but it wasn't something that we should worry about unless it was bothering the dog (and the dog shows zero sign of caring at all.).. now that you say that about your parent's dog almost bleeding to death it worries me. I don't want to risk putting her to sleep over something that is basically a cosmetic procedure (she will be 9 in March so she's no spring chicken) but this has me concerned. It hasn't gotten much bigger in the past year (it grew pretty quick at first but has slowed way down now) and like i said it's not hindering her in any way... i just wonder if i should reconsider the surgery now... She's due up for her shots after the first of the year, i guess this would be a good time to have a more in depth conversation with her dr. :(
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Playsinrain wrote:
But there is the double standard in a nutshell. If someone (and it's not just you HS, i'm not trying to single you out, but you make the point that bugs me) thinks the cats would be better off with someone else, why are we upset that they joked about giving them away? They talk about giving them away but DON'T and people get bent out of shape, but then it's brought up that they would be better off if they DID give them away... i guess i just don't understand it... They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
I don’t think the double standard would apply here. BM get flack for giving away pets because it’s a pattern for them. If they had just rehomed one pet because it was truly in their best interest, and not just for convenience and lack of interest.
CK don’t pet cycle. If they rehomed the cats because it was best for the cats, I would totally respect that choice.

And, I hate to say it, but BM don’t neglect their pets health. They’re terrible about a lot of things, but they don’t let the kids torture the dogs, they’re pretty consistent with grooming, and they vet them regularly. BM took karma in a few weeks ago because he just seemed “off”. They didn’t even wait for real signs of illness or injury. They just saw a difference in behaviour and took him in.
And, although it meant yet another rehoming, they were pretty quick to get rid of the aggressive rooster that was injuring the other chickens.
They’re awful in different ways, but at least with them I know that physical neglect is not going to be an issue.
:roll:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:They aren't damned if they do blah blah blah, they hadn't tried ANYTHING at that point to keep the cats. NOTHING. In fact, they lied and said they had when people tried to help.

There isn't a double standard. Animal welfare is a serious issue for me regardless of who the person is. Low class hicks like B&M suck. White Mormons like E&J though better than B&M treat their dog like property, and C&K are lazy to the point of negligence. I like the Hoellein family, but I pray they never get a dog because they wouldn't be able to handle it. So this isn't a case of C&K being held to a different standard for me at all. There is a recent history of their being reckless with their pets safety, security and health. The cats may be treated as family by living in the house instead of outside, but this doesn't mean their needs are being respected.
My point is not getting across so I'll stop after this bc it's not worth getting upset with anyone about it but...

My point was not that they did what they should have with the cats, i thought i made it clear that i DID NOT AGREE with the things they said they did vs what they actually did and how they handled the whole situation. I 100% agree with you that they could have done so much more before saying they were so fed up they wanted to get rid of themt. My point was, the same people who are saying they are shit owners for talking about rehoming the cats are also the same ones saying the cats would be better off if they did rehome them. That's why i say they are damned if they do, bc they really are. They give up the cats? Shit pet parents... they don't give up the cats? Still shit pet parents bc the cats would be better off somewhere else.

Either way no one is going to change anyone's mind and that's fine. I just want to make sure my point is getting across the way that it should be. They are not 100% defensible in the least.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:I did not take their comment about giving the cats away as a joke. At all. In that vlog they were totally fed up, and in that instance, giving the cats up was a completely rational option. Maybe after a few days of trying new things they changed their tune about rehoming the cats, but the day the cats peed on all those rugs and piles of clothes, they were quite serious about it if nothing were to change.

Especially since they were saying they were going to give the cats to Granddolly. Which sounded like a terrible idea all the way around. "Our cats are peeing everywhere! I know let's give them to my mom who lives in a show piece of a house with antiques everywhere!"
It didn't sound like a joke, or well thought out.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The whole scene opening the ManCrate (you were right Japaluvr!! LOL) was pretty cute. I had a little giggle at him dragging it behind the golfcart :lol:
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

I’m quite surprised Bryan didn’t send Cullen an Alabama college football man crate rather than some Moscow mule drinking set. Does he not know Cullen?!
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
priestess
Talker
Talker

Unread post by priestess »

maybe it IS a theme song thing.
everything BEFORE the theme was great. everything AFTER was mediocre.
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Playsinrain wrote:
japaluvr wrote:HS, that’s great you put aside money for your pets emergency fund but others are not as fortunate.

Also want to elaborate on the fact that taking a child or pet out of their comfort zone without exhausting all other options could be more stressful to them, so that’s why some wait it out to determine how necessary it is to go to the ER or vet. Just sayin’....
I'm glad you brought this up bc no one else has and i was going too. Emma is clearly TERRIFIED of the vet, as is my dog. Stress can be a hell of a lot worse on a dog than a dislocated knee. I'm not saying that they shouldnt have brought her in at all bc yes, by all means they should IF they cannot ease her pain and get her feeling better at home. If my dog gets too stressed she has major stomach issues that wind up sending her BACK the vet. The sickest my dog has ever been was after she was sent to the vet for grooming. It was so bad that we DID have to call in the ER vet for meds and IV fluids. We were told then that we should avoid bringing her to the vet unless it was absolutely necessary (meaning no more grooming visits or boarding there). Emma was terrified and stressed to the max, thats not good for a dog either.
Our vet is a Housecall vet. She comes to our house. I have emailed her pictures of rashes or I email symptoms. Sometimes she tells me stuff to do other times she comes to look. Our dogs love her and are no longer stress out over their vet visits. We do have an emergency vet if we need to go ASAP.

workfromhomemom
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by workfromhomemom »

Playsinrain wrote:The whole scene opening the ManCrate (you were right Japaluvr!! LOL) was pretty cute. I had a little giggle at him dragging it behind the golfcart :lol:
Really? I just didn’t care for the scene myself.

I’m really getting over the channel. I haven’t watched the Daily Bumps in a long time and they are reminding me of them when I started to tire of them. I am over Cullen’s antics - the over dramatics and the onesies etc. I’m finding them less and less relatable. I think they really want that kid audience and that’s where they are headed. I’m sad because I really enjoyed this family. I think YouTube must change people or I’ve changed the way I view them.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”