The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

3BoysandaLilMiss
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Southern Fried Maple Leafs

Unread post by 3BoysandaLilMiss »

auntasaurus19 wrote:You guys called it! She’s pregnant. She just posted the positive test on IG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
congrats to them
if you go to her IG they found out in late June (around fathers day she posted about being a doggie dad)
and that was what we saw today so she would be around 10-12wks now
and I'm guessing all is going well <3
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

The car accident totally sounds like it was HER fault. I'm glad the baby is OK, but this woman is really RECKLESS!
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

ewokfan11 wrote:The car accident totally sounds like it was HER fault. I'm glad the baby is OK, but this woman is really RECKLESS!
Oh my gosh, I had the same reaction after I finished the video. To be fair, we are all making split second decisions while driving and mistakes can happen to anyone. It seems like the vast majority of comments are advising her to never cross oncoming traffic when you don't have the right of way without knowing what's going on in all the lanes you are crossing, even if someone is well meaning and waves you across. But someone in the comments sections actually said that the woman who stopped to let her cross the intersection should be charged because she caused the accident! That's crazy. The way Brittany retold it, it definitely sounded like she was the reckless one. She puled into oncoming traffic when she didn't have the light without a view of the far lane, and then she accelerated through, got clipped, and it sounds like she accelerated right into another car. Yikes! It definitely could have been worse, and at least she avoided a full-on t-bone collision. She's lucky, but I also had to roll my eyes at them using that home Doppler again. Go to the ER and get checked out if you think the collision was bad enough to warrant it.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

HashtagBlessed wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:The car accident totally sounds like it was HER fault. I'm glad the baby is OK, but this woman is really RECKLESS!
Oh my gosh, I had the same reaction after I finished the video. To be fair, we are all making split second decisions while driving and mistakes can happen to anyone. It seems like the vast majority of comments are advising her to never cross oncoming traffic when you don't have the right of way without knowing what's going on in all the lanes you are crossing, even if someone is well meaning and waves you across. But someone in the comments sections actually said that the woman who stopped to let her cross the intersection should be charged because she caused the accident! That's crazy. The way Brittany retold it, it definitely sounded like she was the reckless one. She puled into oncoming traffic when she didn't have the light without a view of the far lane, and then she accelerated through, got clipped, and it sounds like she accelerated right into another car. Yikes! It definitely could have been worse, and at least she avoided a full-on t-bone collision. She's lucky, but I also had to roll my eyes at them using that home Doppler again. Go to the ER and get checked out if you think the collision was bad enough to warrant it.
The accident did sound like her fault, and like you said, we are all making split second decisions while driving, and i'm glad she nor the baby were hurt. She failed to make the right decision at this moment.
The one thing that kinda bothered me was that she never once said anything about the other people in the accident. Never said she was happy no one else got hurt, or even IF anyone was hurt. While i COMPLETELY understand why she would have a one track mind on her baby, especially after she has had a loss very recently, i would still be thanking the lord that i was not responsible for hurting someone else. She never once mentioned that. With her just losing her friend this week as well to a car accident, i hope this while situation opened her eyes and makes her more cautious.
I don't blame her at all for using the doppler actually. Her dr said it didn't warrant a trip to the ER, but she was still scared. I would have checked for a heart beat too if i were in her shoes. At least that would ease her mind until she could get into the dr's office for an appt the next day (she sounded like that was her plan). I cant judge her at all for using it, i mean isn't that what they are for? Peace of mind? Yes they can be overused, and i have no idea what her past history is with using it, but in this situation i would be doing exactly what she did. take my dr's advice that it's not ER worthy, but i would still check just to make sure. It would help me sleep anyway.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

She used a personal fetal Doppler monitor early in her first pregnancy, and because neither she nor her friend are trained professionals, they picked up on her heartbeat and thought it was the baby. It gave her false hope that everything was fine, when she would later find out that there was never a heartbeat.

There’s a lot of information out there about why at-home fetal Doppler monitor are not a good idea for parents to use. The FDA has advised against it since 2014. The basic argument against using one is 1) Lack of training 2) Exposure to waves 3) False sense of security and delayed medical treatment 4) Inaccurate results. If she didn’t agree with her doctor or felt that something wasn’t right, she should have gone to the ER and used a trained sonographer. From what I’ve read, you really can’t rely on an at-home fetal heart doppler for reassurance.

And yes, the total lack of commentary on how the other people were doing, besides sharing that all three cars were totaled, is odd. It makes me wonder if someone was hurt and she didn’t want it discussed on the vlog or to deal with any backlash in the comments. She doesn’t come across as the more mature person or the most self-aware. I’m hoping she was just being self-involved and wasn’t obscuring anything.
Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

Ok, gender predictions for their baby.. Based on C&Ks vlog they have today.

I won't put my prediction until a little later to give you all a chance.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
captainoflife
Talker
Talker

Unread post by captainoflife »

I think boy.

But don’t get your hopes up for the actual gender reveal. It wasn’t included in the video today.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

Katie ruined everything by bringing up unsolicited that gaines wants it to be a girl. Who cares what gaines wants for goodness sake, you're in an adult conversation?!!? She wouldn't have said so if it were a boy. Also, how inappropriate to say so when you should know that BOTH Brittany and Cory prefer a boy!! Bringing up her stupid gaines in the conversation. Now I so sincerely hope it's a boy!!
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Also what a childish and cheap and predictable and stupid click bait!
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

The dumb cliffhanger gender reveal made me google their baby registry and I noticed that they had one "girly" thing on there, and it made me wonder if they know they are having a girl. Or maybe they just like the item regardless of whether they're having a boy or a girl.

Based on Katie's reaction alone in their video today I would think boy. She seemed slightly subdued when she got the results from the doctor's office and she had guessed girl. I think she would have been a little more smug/celebratory if she "guessed" correctly. I hope Brooks gets a little boy to play with, that kid needs all the help he can get.

But it's awkward that Katie is at the gender reveal party early helping them set-up and talking about everyone's guesses when presumably Katie knows at that point. I would be very careful to to drop any hints to the parents-to-be, but she seems very comfortable telling them Gaines is dying for a girl and she's always right.

The cliffhanger gender reveal reminds me of the cliffhanger doctor's appointment. Tacky.
GGF1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by GGF1987 »

Don't understand the cliff hanger at all. I thought the party was really awkward though. Why would you have that many people shoved in your house? Why not do the whole thing outside? I felt like everyone seemed really uncomfortable or maybe it was just my own feelings coloring what I saw because seeing that many people in such a little area made me feel claustrophobic and I was just watching a video lol. All I can say is that baby better be a boy cause she wants a boy and I can see her being really upset if baby is a girl.
sataninwonderland
Talker
Talker

Unread post by sataninwonderland »

Girl. Still shitty of them to have that cliffhanger tho.
lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Of course Katie couldn't help herself in telling in front of the camera for the whole world to see that when they first would've had Brooks, maybe they wouldn't have taken a second child... I'm surprised, disappointed and have no understanding she's still so not over her negative feelings, that she's still making this same old joke. She doesn't even proceed with: "noo, I'm just kidding... ;)." Brooks is also old enough to partly pick up what is being said, or at least pick up an 'atmosphere' of what is being said, and would certainly recognize his name. He was playing/walking behind Katie while she had to point it out. Also, Gaines still seems to ignore Brooks for the largest part, in festivities with a group of adults or children she's never (playing) with him, I see no bond from her part, and if they're standing in the same environment, it's isolated, with a distance, and f.i. her body turned in a different direction because she was doing something different, like in today's vlog she was standing with the adults, had to cling with her mom when Katie was speaking to Brittany and was pointing out how they wouldn't have had a 2nd child (imagine Gaines certainly understanding what is being said), and Brooks had walked closer by behind Katie. They seemed to be in one's surroundings but they were isolated, and I've seen this many times.

And Brittany (not sure how to spell her name) had to say Gaines wanted a girl and that's all that counts. Can you just leave her out for once? I'm going to assume she didn't say this on purpose in response of what was being said in here, and it was just a polite and quick response in a conversation.

You could also turn it around and praise Brooks for standing on his own feet and not bothering Katie (or Cullen). And stimulate Gaines to go play and leave the adults alone for a moment: I'm talking with Brittany, go play with Brooks for a moment. I'm afraid Gaines is internalizing to be above Brooks as a 'parent', still.

I think it will be okay they are having a girl and Brittany will like it and gain confidence. I like how Brittany was just open and honest in a normal way without the typical vlog-like acting or hypocrisy about wanting a boy in first instance, and how she talked about it's a girl.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I wonder what these families will do once they finally admit that YouTube is not longer lucrative. At least Cory has a full-time job that pays well, and Britany is just doing YouTube as a hobby, and maybe bringing in $100 or $200 a month from it. But it sounds like he hates his job and it requires a lot of travel, which frankly is probably going to put a lot of pressure on their family once the baby is born and Britany needs to be the sole caregiver while he’s out of town. I hope she isn’t under the impression that this will become a full-time paycheck.

The fact that Katie and Cullen keep messing with their schedule and whittling down the number of videos makes me think they realize it’s no longer sustainable. Their social blade estimate is down to $2.8K - $44.7K yearly earnings before paid partnerships. Those paid partnerships will be slim pickings with their channel numbers. I would actually be way more interested in watching a channel about them going back to work and back to reality, maybe selling the house and downsizing again. (Well, maybe not selling the house, because it’s my understanding that they used seller financing and the “sellers” are still the owners. Now that I think about it, that sounds like a really messy situation to get out from under.) Just filming in the evenings or on the weekends. So much more relatable. I think Britany and Cory (And Jay and Kelly for that matter) are not living beyond their means and still have one person earning a salary, so they’ll probably be fine and will be able to continue with their current lifestyle.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

The gender reveal was cute! Congrats to them!!
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

HashtagBlessed wrote:I wonder what these families will do once they finally admit that YouTube is not longer lucrative. At least Cory has a full-time job that pays well, and Britany is just doing YouTube as a hobby, and maybe bringing in $100 or $200 a month from it. But it sounds like he hates his job and it requires a lot of travel, which frankly is probably going to put a lot of pressure on their family once the baby is born and Britany needs to be the sole caregiver while he’s out of town. I hope she isn’t under the impression that this will become a full-time paycheck.

The fact that Katie and Cullen keep messing with their schedule and whittling down the number of videos makes me think they realize it’s no longer sustainable. Their social blade estimate is down to $2.8K - $44.7K yearly earnings before paid partnerships. Those paid partnerships will be slim pickings with their channel numbers. I would actually be way more interested in watching a channel about them going back to work and back to reality, maybe selling the house and downsizing again. (Well, maybe not selling the house, because it’s my understanding that they used seller financing and the “sellers” are still the owners. Now that I think about it, that sounds like a really messy situation to get out from under.) Just filming in the evenings or on the weekends. So much more relatable. I think Britany and Cory (And Jay and Kelly for that matter) are not living beyond their means and still have one person earning a salary, so they’ll probably be fine and will be able to continue with their current lifestyle.
Unless Brittany lost her job at the car dealership she has another job as well. The car she had the accident in was a dealer car. Plus their woodworking business. Only Cullen and Katie do not have anything outside YouTube/social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

They will be on Baby League starting September 26'th

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Toodles123 wrote:They will be on Baby League starting September 26
Seriously?? Jeeeeeez! I wonder how much people get paid to do Baby League. I also wonder if Baby League knows she was in prison for dealing drugs.

As for her job, don't most people in her position work on commission only?
Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Can we drop the prison thing. She has matured from what I seen since getting out, yes she may of been questionable for the first few months in vlogs but I've seen a huge change in her over the past 6/7 months. She paid her time, she got out she should not have to hear about it all the time. Maybe she regrets what she does and still has the guilty feeling from it. She's going to be a mother now and I don't think her daughter should be able to read what's online about her mother. Sorry if I sound like a fan or a minion but it's time to move on from the prison thing.

Did anyone watch their baby league episode?

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Toodles123 wrote:Can we drop the prison thing. She has matured from what I seen since getting out, yes she may of been questionable for the first few months in vlogs but I've seen a huge change in her over the past 6/7 months. She paid her time, she got out she should not have to hear about it all the time. Maybe she regrets what she does and still has the guilty feeling from it. She's going to be a mother now and I don't think her daughter should be able to read what's online about her mother. Sorry if I sound like a fan or a minion but it's time to move on from the prison thing.

Did anyone watch their baby league episode?

While I agree that maybe it shouldn't keep getting brought up, I don't know that she's matured all that much. But I am willing to give her some slack. My ex still brings up my checkered past to my grown kids, and all it does now is push them away from him, because I straightened out when they were little, and they know the truth about how hard I worked on myself and what kind of parent I was.
I would hope she's honest with her daughter about what happened, at least when she's old enough to understand. My kids respect me for working to change myself.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Return to “Cullen and Katie”