C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

Baconsgirl

Re: C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

marshmallowfluf wrote:
Has Katie’s profile picture always been a picture of just her and the kids?
yes I believe so

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
3BoysandaLilMiss
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by 3BoysandaLilMiss »

I noticed that too I think its a new change ?
but they got photos done recently
Cullen's is just of he and the kids also
there both in each others banner pic
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

There are dates as to when facebook pics are changed or when their posted.
chevy_chick95

Unread post by chevy_chick95 »

HelloSweetie wrote:Maybe Cullen didn’t realize they no longer had the safety net of Katie returning to work until she said it in that vlog? I can see that putting a lot of pressure on his shoulders, and leave him feeling a bit betrayed about her just changing the plan on him. This would explain any regret he has about the new house and vehicle. I’m sure he could have maintained their old lifestyle in his own, but not the new one. Katie needs to get her head out of her ass with the never returning to work thing. She should have married someone that had the earning potential to support her then.... not Cullen.

What vlog did she talk about this in?
eab424
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by eab424 »

Lovethesnark wrote:There were nicer, more functional, and much cheaper homes on the market when they overpaid for the one they got. Same goes for Kelly and Jay. Their previous home looks better than the outdated one they have now. I’m not really sure why they moved. They had enough space and the renovations they made were nice. It almost seems like they were competing to get the worst deal on a house. I think C&K won. Remember when Cullen and Jay were filming at new build? I wonder they’d planned to have houses built in the same neighborhood, but it didn’t work out for some reason?

While Cullen and Katie's house is bigger and was more expensive I like Jay and Kelley's house better. Houses in the south are pretty expensive. For the size and features, I don't think it was a rip off. Both homes are all brick homes and they are huge.Granted they both could use some updating especially CK's. I can't stand their kitchen. Heck if they were to split up they could easily make the basement into an apartment for Cullen since it's 2500sq ft.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

I think they're gonna move house....well they should anyway.

That house is waaaay too big and not very functional either. It would be a full time job just maintaining it. They can't really afford to have much hired help at the moment not to mention redecorating the house to their tastes. I had a quick look online and there are plenty of homes in that same golf course community for 400- 500k that would be perfectly fine and more manageable.

I watched the last vlog at the old house and in it Katie refers to how living there just reminds her of the bad times when she had the miscarriages and she wants a fresh start without those memories at every turn. Is she gonna feel the same about the new house now with whats happened?
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

I think Grandberry relies on Cullen more than normal. Cullen's dad left when he was pretty young, so I think he became the "man of the house." Even from the early vlogs, he would be over helping her with projects that SHE should have been able to do herself (IMO), etc. I always thought that was weird. It's nice of him to help, but she almost expected him to do things because Cullen's dad bailed on her.

I watched the JK Today vlog and Cullen is on his phone in EVERY clip they show of him until that last clip. He and Katie didn't even appear to be seated next to each other at the birthday dinner. I'm guessing Cullen showed up just for appearances, but he's probably not living at the house. I bet he's staying with his sister.
irishmiss
Talker
Talker

Unread post by irishmiss »

ewokfan11 wrote:I think Grandberry relies on Cullen more than normal. Cullen's dad left when he was pretty young, so I think he became the "man of the house." Even from the early vlogs, he would be over helping her with projects that SHE should have been able to do herself (IMO), etc. I always thought that was weird. It's nice of him to help, but she almost expected him to do things because Cullen's dad bailed on her.

I watched the JK Today vlog and Cullen is on his phone in EVERY clip they show of him until that last clip. He and Katie didn't even appear to be seated next to each other at the birthday dinner. I'm guessing Cullen showed up just for appearances, but he's probably not living at the house. I bet he's staying with his sister.
I see Britney hasn't uploaded a vlog in over a week so perhaps Cullen is staying there.

Call me judgemental but if my sister in law had just got out of prison for drug dealing I wouldn't be comfortable having her babysit my kids or spend so much time with them. I don't mean ever but certainly not to begin with, a trust would have to be built up between us. I cannot fathom how Britney seems to have just waltzed straight back into their lives as if nothing ever happened and is living a cookie cutter life it appears. I think Britney's return might have been the nail in the coffin for C&K's relationship and I have to wonder what Katie's family think about it all.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

irishmiss wrote:
I watched the last vlog at the old house and in it Katie refers to how living there just reminds her of the bad times when she had the miscarriages and she wants a fresh start without those memories at every turn. Is she gonna feel the same about the new house now with whats happened?
I think Katie just uses this as an excuse. I realize everyone is different, but I have a history of multiple losses, including a 2nd trimester one, and while I do have scars from those memories, I wouldn’t say I’m still depressed because of it or haunted by the bad memories and need to move. Katie has had two healthy and beautiful children since then. She has had many good memories in that house that should overshadow the bad. Her reasoning behind letting the housework get away from her was because she was depressed from her miscarriages.... really? I would think a therapist would know that maybe it’s time to seek help at that point if you can’t even care for the living children you have.

Plus you can’t just run away from your pst like that. There will always be some bad memories... most people don’t just pack up and move. There is a certain kind of irony in not being able to live in a home with bad memories, but also vlogging them to share and “remember.” Just seems like an excuse to me, and Katie is full of them.

And I disagree that Cullen does too many things for his mom, or that she has expectations because he was the man of the house. I think it’s nice when children help their parents, and a good example to set for children. Joel helps Bonnie and his parents all the time with little things they could do themselves. We say all the time that vloggers need to make better use of their time, and should at least volunteer or help others. That shouldn’t apply to his family though? I’d rather see a son help his mother than a grown child sponge off their parents (Missy)!

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Honestly I think they should spend MORE time with Grand Berry. She always seems to be an afterthought. They spend a lot of time with Katie's side of the family. Football games, beach house, Sunday dinners, Grand Dolly days, most holidays, etc. They had to help put up and take down all of Dolly and Doc's Christmas decorations, so I don't get the argument that they shouldn't help their parents do things they should be doing themselves. Clearly Doc and Dolly could hire a company to do all of that. Berry will have holiday gifts for the kids that they don't get until weeks later because they just don't see her that often. I'm pretty sure Berry has a very active social life and a demanding job, but there shouldn't be such a glaring difference in the amount of time C&K spend with either set of parents. I wouldn't be surprised if Katie plays a big roll in deciding how much time they spend with her family, which leaves little time for GB. I mean, she did insist on moving 4 doors down from her own sister...
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

irishmiss wrote:
ewokfan11 wrote:I think Grandberry relies on Cullen more than normal. Cullen's dad left when he was pretty young, so I think he became the "man of the house." Even from the early vlogs, he would be over helping her with projects that SHE should have been able to do herself (IMO), etc. I always thought that was weird. It's nice of him to help, but she almost expected him to do things because Cullen's dad bailed on her.

I see Britney hasn't uploaded a vlog in over a week so perhaps Cullen is staying there.

Call me judgemental but if my sister in law had just got out of prison for drug dealing I wouldn't be comfortable having her babysit my kids or spend so much time with them. I don't mean ever but certainly not to begin with, a trust would have to be built up between us. I cannot fathom how Britney seems to have just waltzed straight back into their lives as if nothing ever happened and is living a cookie cutter life it appears. I think Britney's return might have been the nail in the coffin for C&K's relationship and I have to wonder what Katie's family think about it all.
Katie didn’t seem comfortable with Brittany being around Gaines when she was a baby. I guess she just doesn’t care anymore? I think Brittany returning makes it more difficult for Katie to control the situation when Cullen is drinking and acting stupid. Cullen didn’t really hangout with people outside of Katie’s family and her circle of friends. Brittany changes all of that. She’s always available and Cullen probably feels free with her. I’m sure Brittany likes to party with much more than just alcohol.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Lovethesnark wrote:
irishmiss wrote:

Katie didn’t seem comfortable with Brittany being around Gaines when she was a baby. I guess she just doesn’t care anymore? I think Brittany returning makes it more difficult for Katie to control the situation when Cullen is drinking and acting stupid. Cullen didn’t really hangout with people outside of Katie’s family and her circle of friends. Brittany changes all of that. She’s always available and Cullen probably feels free with her. I’m sure Brittany likes to party with much more than just alcohol.
I agree about the trust needing to be built up, especially with the way Britany drinks. We've been back and forth about whether or not she should drink at all on here and her thread, but bottom line, if she was taking care of my small children, I would want to see more responsible behavior from her. I don't care if that's judgy. I have been clean and sober for 14 years-- almost 15. You can bet I had to establish trust with my ex. It's not unreasonable.

These two both seem to really need professional help. Katie says she's still grieving her miscarriages and Cullen says he's grieving his dad, and meanwhile the children they have are growing up, and although they're not neglected by any means, they're not in a healthy environment.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Judging is completely fine when you’re deciding who will care for your children. I wouldn’t leave my kids in the care of an ex-con fresh from prison.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Lovethesnark wrote:Judging is completely fine when you’re deciding who will care for your children. I wouldn’t leave my kids in the care of an ex-con fresh from prison.

Even if it was your sister?
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I hope this break gets them back on the one day delay..
Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

I watched the JK Today vlog and Cullen is on his phone in EVERY clip they show of him until that last clip. He and Katie didn't even appear to be seated next to each other at the birthday dinner. I'm guessing Cullen showed up just for appearances, but he's probably not living at the house. I bet he's staying with his sister.[/quote]

Call me judgemental but if my sister in law had just got out of prison for drug dealing I wouldn't be comfortable having her babysit my kids or spend so much time with them. I don't mean ever but certainly not to begin with, a trust would have to be built up between us. I cannot fathom how Britney seems to have just waltzed straight back into their lives as if nothing ever happened and is living a cookie cutter life it appears. I think Britney's return might have been the nail in the coffin for C&K's relationship and I have to wonder what Katie's family think about it all.[/quote]

Katie didn’t seem comfortable with Brittany being around Gaines when she was a baby. I guess she just doesn’t care anymore? I think Brittany returning makes it more difficult for Katie to control the situation when Cullen is drinking and acting stupid. Cullen didn’t really hangout with people outside of Katie’s family and her circle of friends. Brittany changes all of that. She’s always available and Cullen probably feels free with her. I’m sure Brittany likes to party with much more than just alcohol.[/quote]I agree about the trust needing to be built up, especially with the way Britany drinks. We've been back and forth about whether or not she should drink at all on here and her thread, but bottom line, if she was taking care of my small children, I would want to see more responsible behavior from her. I don't care if that's judgy. I have been clean and sober for 14 years-- almost 15. You can bet I had to establish trust with my ex. It's not unreasonable.

These two both seem to really need professional help. Katie says she's still grieving her miscarriages and Cullen says he's grieving his dad, and meanwhile the children they have are growing up, and although they're not neglected by any means, they're not in a healthy environment.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Did she recently say she was still grieving her miscarriages? Or is this from old vlogs? If she has said this recently, I wonder if she’s suddenly focused on her miscarriages again because with Brooks being a much more difficult and demanding baby than Gaines was and with her and Cullen’s relationship being on the rocks, she knows she won’t have any more children but wishes she had more than just the 2 she has now? Idk. I guess it’s a weird thought but since I’ve only been watching on and off since they moved into the new house, I’m not as up to date as everyone else.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:Judging is completely fine when you’re deciding who will care for your children. I wouldn’t leave my kids in the care of an ex-con fresh from prison.

Yep. There is nothing wrong with holding an addict responsible for her behavior, and wanting to build up some trust before allowing her to watch your small children. Even if she's your sister.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I wonder if she hasn't had another loss and hasn't told anyone. There were all those "am i pregnant" vlogs..... then they both took a turn for the worse... I feel like they would be open about it like they were in the past, but maybe they had a change of heart. Especially if one of them had mixed feelings on a loss since they were pretty much both on the no more kids page.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Playsinrain wrote:

Yes. Absolutely. Relative or not.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Mk1 wrote:I watched the JK Today vlog and Cullen is on his phone in EVERY clip they show of him until that last clip. He and Katie didn't even appear to be seated next to each other at the birthday dinner. I'm guessing Cullen showed up just for appearances, but he's probably not living at the house. I bet he's staying with his sister.

Call me judgemental but if my sister in law had just got out of prison for drug dealing I wouldn't be comfortable having her babysit my kids or spend so much time with them. I don't mean ever but certainly not to begin with, a trust would have to be built up between us. I cannot fathom how Britney seems to have just waltzed straight back into their lives as if nothing ever happened and is living a cookie cutter life it appears. I think Britney's return might have been the nail in the coffin for C&K's relationship and I have to wonder what Katie's family think about it all.[/quote]

Katie didn’t seem comfortable with Brittany being around Gaines when she was a baby. I guess she just doesn’t care anymore? I think Brittany returning makes it more difficult for Katie to control the situation when Cullen is drinking and acting stupid. Cullen didn’t really hangout with people outside of Katie’s family and her circle of friends. Brittany changes all of that. She’s always available and Cullen probably feels free with her. I’m sure Brittany likes to party with much more than just alcohol.[/quote]I agree about the trust needing to be built up, especially with the way Britany drinks. We've been back and forth about whether or not she should drink at all on here and her thread, but bottom line, if she was taking care of my small children, I would want to see more responsible behavior from her. I don't care if that's judgy. I have been clean and sober for 14 years-- almost 15. You can bet I had to establish trust with my ex. It's not unreasonable.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Did she recently say she was still grieving her miscarriages? Or is this from old vlogs? If she has said this recently, I wonder if she’s suddenly focused on her miscarriages again because with Brooks being a much more difficult and demanding baby than Gaines was and with her and Cullen’s relationship being on the rocks, she knows she won’t have any more children but wishes she had more than just the 2 she has now? Idk. I guess it’s a weird thought but since I’ve only been watching on and off since they moved into the new house, I’m not as up to date as everyone else.[/quote]It was the stuff about needing to.move out of the house because of the bad memories, which was less than a year ago, and she's said things about feeling guilty when she's not completely focused on the kids when they're there because of her losses. I've never had a miscarriage, so I can't speak for the grief, but I know my friends who have had them and gone on to have healthy kids didn't feel the need to move out of a house because of "bad memories". Like HS said, there are tons of _good_ memories from that house as well-- the two pregnancies that resulted in healthy babies, all the milestones with Gaines, etc. Focusing on the bad to the point where she feels the need to move to another house isn't a healthy way to handle grief.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”