C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

Mk1
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

Unread post by Mk1 »

I watched the JK Today vlog and Cullen is on his phone in EVERY clip they show of him until that last clip. He and Katie didn't even appear to be seated next to each other at the birthday dinner. I'm guessing Cullen showed up just for appearances, but he's probably not living at the house. I bet he's staying with his sister.[/quote]

I see Britney hasn't uploaded a vlog in over a week so perhaps Cullen is staying there.

Call me judgemental but if my sister in law had just got out of prison for drug dealing I wouldn't be comfortable having her babysit my kids or spend so much time with them. I don't mean ever but certainly not to begin with, a trust would have to be built up between us. I cannot fathom how Britney seems to have just waltzed straight back into their lives as if nothing ever happened and is living a cookie cutter life it appears. I think Britney's return might have been the nail in the coffin for C&K's relationship and I have to wonder what Katie's family think about it all.[/quote]

Katie didn’t seem comfortable with Brittany being around Gaines when she was a baby. I guess she just doesn’t care anymore? I think Brittany returning makes it more difficult for Katie to control the situation when Cullen is drinking and acting stupid. Cullen didn’t really hangout with people outside of Katie’s family and her circle of friends. Brittany changes all of that. She’s always available and Cullen probably feels free with her. I’m sure Brittany likes to party with much more than just alcohol.[/quote]I agree about the trust needing to be built up, especially with the way Britany drinks. We've been back and forth about whether or not she should drink at all on here and her thread, but bottom line, if she was taking care of my small children, I would want to see more responsible behavior from her. I don't care if that's judgy. I have been clean and sober for 14 years-- almost 15. You can bet I had to establish trust with my ex. It's not unreasonable.

These two both seem to really need professional help. Katie says she's still grieving her miscarriages and Cullen says he's grieving his dad, and meanwhile the children they have are growing up, and although they're not neglected by any means, they're not in a healthy environment.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk[/quote]

Did she recently say she was still grieving her miscarriages? Or is this from old vlogs? If she has said this recently, I wonder if she’s suddenly focused on her miscarriages again because with Brooks being a much more difficult and demanding baby than Gaines was and with her and Cullen’s relationship being on the rocks, she knows she won’t have any more children but wishes she had more than just the 2 she has now? Idk. I guess it’s a weird thought but since I’ve only been watching on and off since they moved into the new house, I’m not as up to date as everyone else.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:Judging is completely fine when you’re deciding who will care for your children. I wouldn’t leave my kids in the care of an ex-con fresh from prison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Even if it was your sister?
Yep. There is nothing wrong with holding an addict responsible for her behavior, and wanting to build up some trust before allowing her to watch your small children. Even if she's your sister.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Unread post by Playsinrain »

I wonder if she hasn't had another loss and hasn't told anyone. There were all those "am i pregnant" vlogs..... then they both took a turn for the worse... I feel like they would be open about it like they were in the past, but maybe they had a change of heart. Especially if one of them had mixed feelings on a loss since they were pretty much both on the no more kids page.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

Playsinrain wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:Judging is completely fine when you’re deciding who will care for your children. I wouldn’t leave my kids in the care of an ex-con fresh from prison.

Yes. Absolutely. Relative or not.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Mk1 wrote:I watched the JK Today vlog and Cullen is on his phone in EVERY clip they show of him until that last clip. He and Katie didn't even appear to be seated next to each other at the birthday dinner. I'm guessing Cullen showed up just for appearances, but he's probably not living at the house. I bet he's staying with his sister.
I see Britney hasn't uploaded a vlog in over a week so perhaps Cullen is staying there.

Call me judgemental but if my sister in law had just got out of prison for drug dealing I wouldn't be comfortable having her babysit my kids or spend so much time with them. I don't mean ever but certainly not to begin with, a trust would have to be built up between us. I cannot fathom how Britney seems to have just waltzed straight back into their lives as if nothing ever happened and is living a cookie cutter life it appears. I think Britney's return might have been the nail in the coffin for C&K's relationship and I have to wonder what Katie's family think about it all.[/quote]

Katie didn’t seem comfortable with Brittany being around Gaines when she was a baby. I guess she just doesn’t care anymore? I think Brittany returning makes it more difficult for Katie to control the situation when Cullen is drinking and acting stupid. Cullen didn’t really hangout with people outside of Katie’s family and her circle of friends. Brittany changes all of that. She’s always available and Cullen probably feels free with her. I’m sure Brittany likes to party with much more than just alcohol.[/quote]I agree about the trust needing to be built up, especially with the way Britany drinks. We've been back and forth about whether or not she should drink at all on here and her thread, but bottom line, if she was taking care of my small children, I would want to see more responsible behavior from her. I don't care if that's judgy. I have been clean and sober for 14 years-- almost 15. You can bet I had to establish trust with my ex. It's not unreasonable.

These two both seem to really need professional help. Katie says she's still grieving her miscarriages and Cullen says he's grieving his dad, and meanwhile the children they have are growing up, and although they're not neglected by any means, they're not in a healthy environment.

Did she recently say she was still grieving her miscarriages? Or is this from old vlogs? If she has said this recently, I wonder if she’s suddenly focused on her miscarriages again because with Brooks being a much more difficult and demanding baby than Gaines was and with her and Cullen’s relationship being on the rocks, she knows she won’t have any more children but wishes she had more than just the 2 she has now? Idk. I guess it’s a weird thought but since I’ve only been watching on and off since they moved into the new house, I’m not as up to date as everyone else.[/quote]It was the stuff about needing to.move out of the house because of the bad memories, which was less than a year ago, and she's said things about feeling guilty when she's not completely focused on the kids when they're there because of her losses. I've never had a miscarriage, so I can't speak for the grief, but I know my friends who have had them and gone on to have healthy kids didn't feel the need to move out of a house because of "bad memories". Like HS said, there are tons of _good_ memories from that house as well-- the two pregnancies that resulted in healthy babies, all the milestones with Gaines, etc. Focusing on the bad to the point where she feels the need to move to another house isn't a healthy way to handle grief.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Mk1
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Mk1 »

lmmomSD wrote:
Mk1 wrote:I watched the JK Today vlog and Cullen is on his phone in EVERY clip they show of him until that last clip. He and Katie didn't even appear to be seated next to each other at the birthday dinner. I'm guessing Cullen showed up just for appearances, but he's probably not living at the house. I bet he's staying with his sister.

Call me judgemental but if my sister in law had just got out of prison for drug dealing I wouldn't be comfortable having her babysit my kids or spend so much time with them. I don't mean ever but certainly not to begin with, a trust would have to be built up between us. I cannot fathom how Britney seems to have just waltzed straight back into their lives as if nothing ever happened and is living a cookie cutter life it appears. I think Britney's return might have been the nail in the coffin for C&K's relationship and I have to wonder what Katie's family think about it all.

Did she recently say she was still grieving her miscarriages? Or is this from old vlogs? If she has said this recently, I wonder if she’s suddenly focused on her miscarriages again because with Brooks being a much more difficult and demanding baby than Gaines was and with her and Cullen’s relationship being on the rocks, she knows she won’t have any more children but wishes she had more than just the 2 she has now? Idk. I guess it’s a weird thought but since I’ve only been watching on and off since they moved into the new house, I’m not as up to date as everyone else.[/quote]It was the stuff about needing to.move out of the house because of the bad memories, which was less than a year ago, and she's said things about feeling guilty when she's not completely focused on the kids when they're there because of her losses. I've never had a miscarriage, so I can't speak for the grief, but I know my friends who have had them and gone on to have healthy kids didn't feel the need to move out of a house because of "bad memories". Like HS said, there are tons of _good_ memories from that house as well-- the two pregnancies that resulted in healthy babies, all the milestones with Gaines, etc. Focusing on the bad to the point where she feels the need to move to another house isn't a healthy way to handle grief.

Thanks for clarifying. I remember the vlogs about moving out of the old house and her discussing the memories of the miscarriages. Just saw lots of people mentioning it in recent posts so wasn’t sure if there was more recent talk about it. So I appreciate your response. I totally agree with everything you said.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

My thinking is that if your views are declining and your income is dropping, the last thing you want to do is take a week off from videos and risk people losing interest. Unless things are *really* bad and you can’t show it in the vlogs. I don’t know if they think they’re leaving people in suspense and drumming up attention. The internet has a very short attention span and there is lots of other content out there.

I think things would have to be serious (As in, he’s temporarily moved out and they’re living under different roofs for a little while to get space from each other) in order for them to risk their business and forgo the income.

And I agree, I bet Brittany and Cullen enable each other and having her out of prison and living nearby with her husband (who seems to have the same maturity level as Cullen) gives him an outlet for a lot of questionable behavior.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

I find Brittany incredibly immature and annoying, but Cullen should be held 100% responsible if he's choosing to drink and party with her. She could be a bad influence, but Cullen is 35 years old. He should be mature enough to ignore peer pressure. If not, that's on HIM.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Playsinrain wrote:

Yes.. especially if it were my sister. It wouldn’t make her any less of an ex-con. I don’t care if it were my mother. This girl used drugs in prison. It’s pretty safe to assume that she isn’t opposed to using now or that she has it in her house. It would take a while for me to trust her with my kids. Especially kids so young.
Refrigerator_Light
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Refrigerator_Light »

lmmomSD wrote:
I watched the JK Today vlog and Cullen is on his phone in EVERY clip they show of him until that last clip. He and Katie didn't even appear to be seated next to each other at the birthday dinner. I'm guessing Cullen showed up just for appearances, but he's probably not living at the house. I bet he's staying with his sister.

Congratulations on your sobriety!!! That is something you should be very proud of :)
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Lovethesnark wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

Yes.. especially if it were my sister. It wouldn’t make her any less of an ex-con. I don’t care if it were my mother. This girl used drugs in prison. It’s pretty safe to assume that she isn’t opposed to using now or that she has it in her house. It would take a while for me to trust her with my kids. Especially kids so young.
I get the need to see if she's trust worthy, but assuming she has drugs in the house?? thats a bit of a reach. Just bc she used drugs in jail doesn't mean she's using now. It also doesn't mean she's not, but the shaming here is awful. No way in hell she could be clean right? Once a drug addict always a drug addict. SMH...
I guess she uses in front of the kids now too, right??
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Playsinrain wrote:
Lovethesnark wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: Even if it was your sister?
I get the need to see if she's trust worthy, but assuming she has drugs in the house?? thats a bit of a reach. Just bc she used drugs in jail doesn't mean she's using now. It also doesn't mean she's not, but the shaming here is awful. No way in hell she could be clean right? Once a drug addict always a drug addict. SMH...
She could be clean. If she wants to use drugs, that’s up to her. She’s an adult who can make her own decisions. I just wouldn’t trust her judgment yet. She’s fresh from prison. It takes time to adjust. This is a girl who jokes about growing a “special garden” in her basement a week after walking out of prison. I wouldn’t be surprised to find drugs in her house. That’s not really the problem. I wouldn’t want my kids finding drugs in her house.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

Lovethesnark wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:

I agree! And do you see how much they drink...holy cow! Just for their weekend getaway when he proposed they took a huge case of beer, a big bottle of whiskey and a few bottles of champagne - that's a lot of alcohol for just two people!! Maybe she's not doing drugs anymore, but I'd still be concerned by how much they drink.
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Playsinrain wrote:
Yes. Once a drug addict ALWAYS a drug addict. ALWAYS. Even when you’re in recovery, you’re still an Addict.

She doesn’t have to be using hard or illegal drugs to be not “clean”. She could be using OTC pain killers, anti-nausea meds or any number of legal drugs to “help” with sobriety. My own father quit cocaine and “got clean” by developing a very legal OTC pill habit. By comparison, he was much more stable and “responsible” on the pills. But he shouldn’t have been trusted to care for me and my siblings. We could have gotten into his backpack of pills, he could have passed out on Benadryl, he could have killed us in a crash on one of the many times he drove high.

And no one cared. No one. Everyone was so focused on how great it was that he was “sober” that they didn’t notice that he wasn’t. And many people STILL don’t think that having an OTC med dependency is even really a problem.

So, she could be abusing pills, openly, and her family might not even think it’s a problem because, by comparison to her former habit, it’s not.
Not saying this is the case, but you never know.

And it’s not shaming to be cautious around addicts and addicts in recovery. As someone who had a problem with sleeping pills, I don’t feel shamed at all that my husband keeps any meds that say “may cause drowsiness” in a locked safe. I feel safe. I feel like he cares. And I am happy that I have a spouse who cares about my sobriety and the safety of our family.

Because no matter how long it’s been since I’ve used, I’m an addict. And I always will be.
:roll:
Kaylor1
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Kaylor1 »

Playsinrain wrote:

Even if it was their mother!! Blood doesn't mean they will have your child's best interest as a priority.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

I just think it's a huge reach to be saying she's still using and has drugs in her house, based on when we have seen... yes she drinks. BUT I have yet to see her drink while she has cared for either of the children, but now we are saying she's using and keeping in it her home? Sure she could be hiding her drinking while caring for the kids, but its not proven. It's reaching. Concern is one thing, and i get it, but flat out saying she still uses and has it in her home? Exactly how do we know that?
wishes
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by wishes »

I've been refreshing their YT channel for the past hour hoping they address the elephant in the room and not sweep it under the rug.
Catch a falling star and put in your pocket
☆彡
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

japaluvr wrote:I've been refreshing their YT channel for the past hour hoping they address the elephant in the room and not sweep it under the rug.
The cat piss rug ImageImageImage

HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Playsinrain wrote:I just think it's a huge reach to be saying she's still using and has drugs in her house, based on when we have seen... yes she drinks. BUT I have yet to see her drink while she has cared for either of the children, but now we are saying she's using and keeping in it her home? Sure she could be hiding her drinking while caring for the kids, but its not proven. It's reaching. Concern is one thing, and i get it, but flat out saying she still uses and has it in her home? Exactly how do we know that?
I agree. In the beginning I was one of the ones critical of everyone sweeping things under the rug with B, but this new criticism just seems like a deflection to throw more of the criticism on Cullen through his family. Same with the “he helps GB too much” criticism. Katie is as much a part of the problems they are having as Cullen is. Even if you go to couples counselling because a spouse has cheated, the therapist talks through the roles that both parts play in the conflict. Cullen clearly has issues, but whatever they are Katie has either dismissed and ignored them, or enabled them.

From my experience, if you reach the point where you are publicly telling people that there are natural problems, you’re either undeniably separated or headed in that direction.

Toodles123
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by Toodles123 »

Predictions for the comeback vlog?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Return to “Cullen and Katie”