Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

Unread post by 100midas »

HelloSweetie wrote:
irishmiss wrote:
Toodles123 wrote:Predictions for the comeback vlog?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Katie will talk about her postpartum depression, Cullen wil mention his depression and/ or substance abuse and they will tell us that they plan to move to a more manageable home
No way a move is part of the plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I highly doubt they're moving. I don't think they're going to change much of anything at all at the moment.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I don't think they're moving. It will be a lot of condescending preaching from Katie and Cullen nodding along.
HashtagBlessed
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by HashtagBlessed »

For the record, I don’t think Brittany is responsible for her brother’s behavior or his choices. I don’t think my comment implied this, but just wanted to clear that up. I think Brittany and her husband are similar to Cullen in terms of personality, and he clearly enjoys spending time with them. I find all three of them somewhat obnoxious. When someone like Cullen finds like-minded people to enable him, watch out. His level of obnoxiousness will increase exponentially.

And I’m not in a position to say for sure what in the world is going on in their marriage. I can only speculate, but it’s rarely one person’s “fault.” Sometimes people just aren’t compatible, sometimes they grow apart instead of together when things get hard. I agree that when it gets to the point where you are addressing your problems publicly repeatedly, things are bad.
tnchk1187
Talker
Talker

Unread post by tnchk1187 »

I think they will not answer one actual question anyone wants to know. They’ll be like this is hard life is hard kids house vacations blah blah

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Playsinrain wrote:
I'm so glad that someone else sees it and it's not just me. I was hoping that i was not the only one that saw it like this.
I'm glad to hear you are getting help, its tough. For my sister, she is denying she has issues even though she has be diagnosed twice, by two different drs. She still says they are just out to get her... so far it has cost her her marriage, and both of her kids (who both no longer live with her) . But not being "labeled" is more important to her i guess.
For me it was just the opposite. I had to BEG my doctors to treat me. They kept insisting it was just PPD and gave my Prozac. Never mind that I’d felt broken and insane since puberty. Getting my diagnosis was a huge relief.
And I’m not even a little ashamed to say it was validation and a big “fuck you” to my Mother (who denied it was mental illness, insisted I was just an awful, selfish person, and even now says that bipolar isn’t “that bad”) and to my doctors who wouldn’t believe a hormonal little woman who was just being dramatic.

I worked hard because my family deserves a healthy wife and mother. But also to prove all those assholes wrong. Never underestimate the power of spite.
:roll:
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Theirmom wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
I'm so glad that someone else sees it and it's not just me. I was hoping that i was not the only one that saw it like this.
I'm glad to hear you are getting help, its tough. For my sister, she is denying she has issues even though she has be diagnosed twice, by two different drs. She still says they are just out to get her... so far it has cost her her marriage, and both of her kids (who both no longer live with her) . But not being "labeled" is more important to her i guess.
For me it was just the opposite. I had to BEG my doctors to treat me. They kept insisting it was just PPD and gave my Prozac. Never mind that I’d felt broken and insane since puberty. Getting my diagnosis was a huge relief.
And I’m not even a little ashamed to say it was validation and a big “fuck you” to my Mother (who denied it was mental illness, insisted I was just an awful, selfish person, and even now says that bipolar isn’t “that bad”) and to my doctors who wouldn’t believe a hormonal little woman who was just being dramatic.

I worked hard because my family deserves a healthy wife and mother. But also to prove all those assholes wrong. Never underestimate the power of spite.
Good for you for having that spite! You fought for your health and the well being of your family. That is something to be proud of.
My niece and nephew deserve a healthy mother as well. I hope one day she will realize this and get the help she needs. For now she has pushed them away for a new boyfriend and constant weekends away. My parents have actually started the process of fighting for custody of my niece (my nephew is an "adult" and living with his father now, after two rounds of rehab)... its a mess.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

HashtagBlessed wrote:For the record, I don’t think Brittany is responsible for her brother’s behavior or his choices. I don’t think my comment implied this, but just wanted to clear that up. I think Brittany and her husband are similar to Cullen in terms of personality, and he clearly enjoys spending time with them. I find all three of them somewhat obnoxious. When someone like Cullen finds like-minded people to enable him, watch out. His level of obnoxiousness will increase exponentially.

And I’m not in a position to say for sure what in the world is going on in their marriage. I can only speculate, but it’s rarely one person’s “fault.” Sometimes people just aren’t compatible, sometimes they grow apart instead of together when things get hard. I agree that when it gets to the point where you are addressing your problems publicly repeatedly, things are bad.
This. I also don't believe that anything Britany does or doesn't do bears any responsibility for the issues between C&K. I was responding to the question about whether or not I would expect someone newly released from prison or rehab to establish some trust before allowing her to watch my children. When I got sober, I _wanted_ to prove myself. Britany doesn't seem to have any guilt about her choices. But I had to leave my kids to go to rehab, so I definitely had some guilt.
And she's not just drinking at parties. They have wine and other drinks in front of them in their vlogs. So I find it concerning.

Now, if Katie is jealous of the "friendship" that Cullen has with Britany and Cory, or anything like that, that's a whole other issue. And it's for her and Cullen to work out, not Britany.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
nc_mom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by nc_mom »

I think the whole scenario of Katie & Cullen has escalated to a soap opera with ongoing drama and speculation. They disappear only to reappear, they show thumbnails of catastrophic proportions, depression, tears, worry, misery and mystery. Does anyone else think a lot of that is for ratings? If they were really in turmoil they should not be on youTube airing all their dirty laundry. They either need to go for professional help or just work things out themselves sensibly...e.g. live within their means, go to work (not sitting home all day!) like most families and stop filming their children for income. The drama and theatrics combined with constant complaining about nonsense has gotten ridiculous and beyond annoying! If they thought vlogging would be a ticket to riches and an easy life they have grossly misjudged!
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

nc_mom wrote:I think the whole scenario of Katie & Cullen has escalated to a soap opera with ongoing drama and speculation. They disappear only to reappear, they show thumbnails of catastrophic proportions, depression, tears, worry, misery and mystery. Does anyone else think a lot of that is for ratings? If they were really in turmoil they should not be on youTube airing all their dirty laundry. They either need to go for professional help or just work things out themselves sensibly...e.g. live within their means, go to work (not sitting home all day!) like most families and stop filming their children for income. The drama and theatrics combined with constant complaining about nonsense has gotten ridiculous and beyond annoying! If they thought vlogging would be a ticket to riches and an easy life they have grossly misjudged!
I think if it was solely for ratings, we wouldn’t have predicted this coming. It’s been obvious for months. They may be making excuses by attributing it to depression when it’s more like laziness or substance abuse, but I don’t think you would exaggerate marital issues.... no. Not when your business is built around your perfect life.

canyoudancing
Talker
Talker

Unread post by canyoudancing »

Maybe I’m the only one, but it’s weird to me that Katie would post that they’re posting a vlog, and Cullen responds to that per her Twitter.

To be honest, I think Katie is the problem. If Cullen is BPD, or depressed, how does she not notice?
katlinsmith04209
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by katlinsmith04209 »

My question is why it’s taking almost 4 hours to edit a video. I have heard him in the past saying the editing process taking only around an hour and hour to upload.

cynthiadancer
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cynthiadancer »

katlinsmith04209 wrote:My question is why it’s taking almost 4 hours to edit a video. I have heard him in the past saying the editing process taking only around an hour and hour to upload.

I know, right?! Where is this thing!!! I saw that he liked a random tweet awhile ago so my guess is he's just not totally focusing on it. Procrastination is who they are. Waiting all afternoon and refreshing these pages at work has killed my phone battery lol!!!
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

canyoudancing wrote:
To be honest, I think Katie is the problem. If Cullen is BPD, or depressed, how does she not notice?
It’s not that you don’t notice. It’s that you get so tired from being the rock, that you can’t even see the mental illness. You only see yourself doing everything and your partner sleeping until noon. You see yourself going to bed alone while your spouse is up until 3am playing video games. You don’t ask yourself WHY they CAN’T step up, you tell yourself that they WON’T by choice.

You get to a point where you just NEED to be mad at someone, and you can’t be mad at someone for being sick. So you refuse to see their illness.

That’s why mental illness is a death knell for many marriages. Bitterness, resentment, pain and insurmountable guilt tear people apart.
:roll:
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

What's their definition of "afternoon?"
AutumnLeaves3
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by AutumnLeaves3 »

Katie just tweeted that it's uploading now.
katlinsmith04209
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by katlinsmith04209 »

Wonder what the tissues mean?

lovingthisforum
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lovingthisforum »

Katie anticipated to get some popcorn and tissues...
actuallydear
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by actuallydear »

I haven’t watched these guys since Brooks came along, but it’s made me sad to read the comments on here about what’s been going down. I thought their marriage was a solid one - Bonnie and Joel level. Not for the cameras and the fame.

I hope they’re alright.
beautynoob
Talker
Talker

Unread post by beautynoob »

Playsinrain wrote:I wonder if she hasn't had another loss and hasn't told anyone. There were all those "am i pregnant" vlogs..... then they both took a turn for the worse... I feel like they would be open about it like they were in the past, but maybe they had a change of heart. Especially if one of them had mixed feelings on a loss since they were pretty much both on the no more kids page.
I’ve wondered about this myself

rdt1004
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by rdt1004 »

40 minutes, whoa..

Return to “Cullen and Katie”