C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

Unread post by Playsinrain »

Plus if Katie went back to work and Cullen did the SAHD routine, i feel like it could grow their channel. Seems to me that watching a dad transition into the being the main caregiver for 2 young kids would be something that would draw in views. He's plenty capable, as immature as he acts, i don't doubt his ability to care for the kids while Katie works. And the space between Cullen and Katie might do them loads of good.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

If Katie were to go back to work right now, their marriage would for sure fall apart. Cullen can easily keep the kids alive, but the rest of the house work would fall on Katie's shoulders. We've seen Cullen in the SAHD roll. Katie would go to work, and Cullen would sleep in until Gaines woke up, then he'd play video games on the couch the rest of the day. And back then he seemed a lot more motivated than he is now. Now the kids are older, and spend most days of the week being taken care of by other people. There would be zero motivation for him to do anything on they days he doesn't have the kids to feed and supervise.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

If Cullen has any drinking/drug issues Katie might not be comfortable with him staying home with the kids, though to be fair if that's the case then she needs to put her foot down and address it.
FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

I wonder if they would have lasted this long if Cullen hadn't gotten lucky (somewhat) on youtube.
Katie clearly wants a different lifestyle then Cullen can provide without youtube, he can barely provide it with youtube. She has been vocal about wanting to stay home with the kids, and I think its not a far stretch to assume she was the one who pushed the move into her sisters neighbourhood.
Without youtube Cullen would have lost his job and gotten another low paying, bottom of the totem pole job that he likely would have lost because of his poor work ethic. I wonder if she would have left him before they ever had Gaines?
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:I wonder if they would have lasted this long if Cullen hadn't gotten lucky (somewhat) on youtube.
Katie clearly wants a different lifestyle then Cullen can provide without youtube, he can barely provide it with youtube. She has been vocal about wanting to stay home with the kids, and I think its not a far stretch to assume she was the one who pushed the move into her sisters neighbourhood.
Without youtube Cullen would have lost his job and gotten another low paying, bottom of the totem pole job that he likely would have lost because of his poor work ethic. I wonder if she would have left him before they ever had Gaines?
I think the only thing Katie ever wanted was someone who treated her like she hung the moon. I think there is A LOT she would put up with as long as he continued to love on her.
But I think that he’s too lazy and too far up his own ass to even do that anymore.
I have a feeling he resents her for something, although I can’t imagine what. And that she resents him, for any number of valid reasons.

They’re at a point where they have to chose to get over their resentments, move forward making their own needs clear, or continue in bitterness and die mad about it. Whatever their issues are, they can’t continue this way indefinitely. The anger and sadness won’t last, and if they move into indifference, there will be no saving the marriage.
:roll:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Playsinrain wrote:Plus if Katie went back to work and Cullen did the SAHD routine, i feel like it could grow their channel. Seems to me that watching a dad transition into the being the main caregiver for 2 young kids would be something that would draw in views. He's plenty capable, as immature as he acts, i don't doubt his ability to care for the kids while Katie works. And the space between Cullen and Katie might do them loads of good.
He's capable of doing the work of taking care of the kids, but he's not interested from what I have seen. I agree that if Katie went back to work now, he would do the bare minimum, and she would come home and have to do dishes and laundry and clean the house. She (according to her Twitter) can't even take a shower uninterrupted. So why would she think he could handle the running of the house?
And as far as resentment goes, I can see Cullen resenting her need to live the country club life. They bought a very expensive house 4 doors down from her sister, when they could have gotten a perfectly nice house somewhere else for a lot less. I think she's decided that Cullen needs to provide this lifestyle for her. She wants to stay home, in her big pretty house, just like Kelly does.
But they definitely need to get it together and get some real counseling and stop the passive aggressive social media posts.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

My point is that Katie doesn’t have to be a victim. She isn’t in the same position as most SAHMs who have no life outside of their husband and kids, and no ability to support themselves if their husband left. Katie could be a big girl and start looking after herself. She has choices. Put the kids in part time care and work a few days a week (they are already gone a lot of the time anyway, and Katie isn’t using it productively). She isn’t stuck with Cullen! If he is being a detriment to her emotional needs and overall happiness, and has no interest in working on it as we’ve seen, then she needs to let go and do what’s best for the kids. We can’t stand watching their vlogs anymore because the tension and awkwardness is palatable, but those poor kids are stuck living in it 24/7. Could totally be why MG is desperate for attention and why Brooks acts out all the time.

Katie isn’t getting a pass from me if she’s just choosing to stay with Cullen because he edits the YT vids and which allow her to stay home. She could do that too. She’s just as lazy as he is. Yeah, fine she’s taking care of the house, kids and pets, but she’s gone 24/7 and still manages to get less done than most mothers who work full time! Heading back to work would be great for her for so many reasons. Staying home is killing her independence, confidence, energy, and reputation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

With Katie's PhD and experience, should could probably set up shop out of their house in a private office space with a separate entrance/parking for clients. Then she could control her own work schedule and be at home as needed. Don't they have two levels of garage space (which is an INSANE amount of space)? Certainly she could renovate one into a small office.

I also think Cullen now has the ability to make more money than he did pre-YT. He has developed a better set of professional skills and a little bit of "fame" from doing the vlogs. He could work in video editing or social media management. I think he only had customer service jobs before YT took off. Katie is probably actually less employable because she's taken several years off from working in her profession.
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

Plus, I know I am probably beating a dead horse with this, but anyone who watches the recent vlogs would have some doubts about Katie's ability to handle children with issues. Gaines is acting out more all the time, and all Katie does is complain about Brooks being irritable. Doesn't inspire a lot of faith in her skills as a child psychologist.

ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Oopsie! Looks like Katie can't go back to work. She let her license lapse last year. I'm sure she can get it renewed with some paperwork/continuing ed, but I wouldn't be surprised if she never planned to go back to work and didn't think she needed to keep her license up to date.

NO PERSONAL INFO - MOD
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

I would never in a million years consider going to a child psychologist that works out of her own home. Seems unprofessional.
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

C&K: Same Story, Different Day. Part #16

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Where did anyone say that she was working out of her home?

Katie has to have a license to even practice. If she doesn’t have a license she can’t work at all in her field.

Also, I’m not quite sure that their last name should be publicly displayed on the board. They’ve tried pretty hard to keep it private.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

No vlog today. They needed family time. Whatever, fine. Though Grand Dolly had both kids overnight, and they were at a hockey game with Corey and Brittany, so I wouldn't exactly call that family time. More like just a day off. Anyway... I hope this doesn't mean they'll be on a 3-day delay now. It's already confusing enough to keep track of their timeline when you see pictures on Instagram, and then the vlog footage days later.

They're really just letting their channel die.
lmmomSD wrote:Plus, I know I am probably beating a dead horse with this, but anyone who watches the recent vlogs would have some doubts about Katie's ability to handle children with issues. Gaines is acting out more all the time, and all Katie does is complain about Brooks being irritable. Doesn't inspire a lot of faith in her skills as a child psychologist.

I agree 100%. I would never take my kid to see Katie knowing how she deals with parenting her own children. I can't imagine her as a child psychologist at all. I can imagine her preaching what she read in text books to parents and adolescents, and not knowing/caring if that info is actually good in practice. You know, she talks a big game, but doesn't have the experience to back it up.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

nutbagmcgee wrote:Where did anyone say that she was working out of her home?

Katie has to have a license to even practice. If she doesn’t have a license she can’t work at all in her field.

Also, I’m not quite sure that their last name should be publicly displayed on the board. They’ve tried pretty hard to keep it private.
Someone suggested that Katie should work out of her home. Letting her license lapse was stupid given the direction their channel is headed. She could have easily kept working a few hours a month like she originally planned. It would have been a lot smarter to keep that safety net and not have a lapse appear on her record like that. That is 100% on Katie though, so people can’t blame Cullen for that.

But their name has been pretty public in the last year and they haven’t tried to hide it. Even Berry said it in a vlog and Cullen didn’t edit it out. I think the cats out of the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Yeah, this info shouldn't be posted publicly, even if it is public information.

Someone had suggested that she open her own practice and convert a portion of their garage into an office space to see patients. Not that she was already doing so.
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

It was mentioned that she could/should set up a private office in her home and I was just saying that would seem very unprofessional for that field.

I doubt she was ever particularly good at her job considering how she raises her own kids. Money can buy an education but obviously not a passion or work ethic
cynthiadancer
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cynthiadancer »

askeptichere wrote:Now Cullen's getting in on the passive aggressive retweeting.

"I'm not as lost as you think."

Right, Cullen. Actions speak louder than words.
He should honestly let people think he's "lost." This just makes me think he's an asshole.
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote: Yeah, this info shouldn't be posted publicly, even if it is public information.
Their last name has been common knowledge for years. How did we all find out about Britney? It's not a secret. And ALL people with professional licenses (from hairdressers to doctors) are registered publicly by each state for easy look-up - it takes two seconds to Google it. It's already posted on the State of Alabama website, so it's already public information.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

RootBeerFloatie wrote:I would never in a million years consider going to a child psychologist that works out of her own home. Seems unprofessional.
It reminds me of The Cosby Show where Dr. Huxtable had an OBGYN practice out of his home. I was always so confused about whether that was actually a thing, and who would choose to see a doctor like that.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

ewokfan11 wrote:
askeptichere wrote: Yeah, this info shouldn't be posted publicly, even if it is public information.
Their last name has been common knowledge for years. How did we all find out about Britney? It's not a secret. And ALL people with professional licenses (from hairdressers to doctors) are registered publicly by each state for easy look-up - it takes two seconds to Google it. It's already posted on the State of Alabama website, so it's already public information.
I understand that. People are more than able to search for that kind of info on their own. It just seems wrong to post it on a gossip board for all to see so easily.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”