C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Unread post by Playsinrain »

rdt1004 wrote:I feel like that painting doesn't go well with their living room. It's just a hodge podge of styles in that one room and it looks tacky.
I love the wall with the frames they just did, but i don't like that painting either. I think it was a great idea to try and diy the parts that they repainted to match, (i would have never thought of that) but i just don't like the actual painting and think it looks weird behind that lamp.

I do love the wallpaper in the laundry room though, thats a cute idea.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Playsinrain wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:I like that they got an already set up fish tank. Seems like a better idea than trying to start from scratch. I'm also glad that they seem to be taking it seriously.
I don’t know. Not really one to give much credit for taking things seriously when you reach the point where you’re in over your head and have no other choice.

That’s like giving E&J credit for getting Cal’a neck looked at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Idk how buying an already set up tank means they are over their head and have no choice...? I was just trying to say that was an idea that i had never thought of and seems like a good choice for someone who is a novice but wants to upgrade. Not just specifically Cullen and Katie..
Someone who is a novice and is failing at aquarium keeping doesn’t need an upgrade. Thinking that you do is a sign for me that you really aren’t taking it seriously. I’ve had a tank for 20 years now, and have upgraded 3 times over the years. You don’t become an expert overnight, and buying a tank that’s all set up isn’t going to do much if you are overfeeding them or don’t know when and how to properly stock or clean it.

I didn’t think Bryan was taking the aquarium hobby seriously, and definitely don’t think Cullen is. If I recall correctly you were critical of Bryan as well? But it’s my opinion as a fish owner that if your fish are dying, you’re in over your head and need to keep it simple.

rd_valo
Informer
Informer

Unread post by rd_valo »

Cullen saying spastic man really irritated me. Not a term any one should say

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

HelloSweetie wrote:
Playsinrain wrote:
HelloSweetie wrote: I don’t know. Not really one to give much credit for taking things seriously when you reach the point where you’re in over your head and have no other choice.

That’s like giving E&J credit for getting Cal’a neck looked at.

Idk how buying an already set up tank means they are over their head and have no choice...? I was just trying to say that was an idea that i had never thought of and seems like a good choice for someone who is a novice but wants to upgrade. Not just specifically Cullen and Katie..
Someone who is a novice and is failing at aquarium keeping doesn’t need an upgrade. Thinking that you do is a sign for me that you really aren’t taking it seriously. I’ve had a tank for 20 years now, and have upgraded 3 times over the years. You don’t become an expert overnight, and buying a tank that’s all set up isn’t going to do much if you are overfeeding them or don’t know when and how to properly stock or clean it.

I didn’t think Bryan was taking the aquarium hobby seriously, and definitely don’t think Cullen is. If I recall correctly you were critical of Bryan as well? But it’s my opinion as a fish owner that if your fish are dying, you’re in over your head and need to keep it simple.

I honestly don't remember what my comments were about Bryan's tank lol, but overall i think my issue with Bryan is that everything is just so damn showy. I don't care if they have fish, as long as they are trying to care for them as best as possible. Not that it matters with the point you are making (i do understand your point BTW) but Cullen is doing the work himself and trying to learn. Bryan is just throwing money at something that someone else is taking care of. While yes, that is a better option, having a professional take care of the tank and knowing it will be taken care of properly, there is something to be said about trying to do something on your own and learning a new skill or hobby. Bryan always takes the easy ($$$) way out. hiring someone to take his dog away for weeks to train it, having professionals take care of his tank... Bryan just wants the status of a big fancy tank, not the actual time and work it takes to take care of it and actually call it a hobby. Cullen is using this as a hobby, and learning from it. Bryan is just paying someone. (Again, not that i think it's seriously a bad thing to have a pro come in and care for your fancy expensive fish, but as someone like you, who enjoys keeping fish as a hobby, i think you can understand my thinking)
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

But _every_ time his fish have died, instead of backing off and trying something simpler, he's gone for bigger and more complex. You don't learn this overnight-- and he is trying to. To me, that's not taking it seriously. It's showing off.

FakingIt_MakingIt
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by FakingIt_MakingIt »

So how long until these fish die too? And it cant be the tanks fault this time because clearly someone else was keeping them alive, maybe Cullen can blame it on the stress of the move?

I think its great that he has taken an interest in something, it could be a great hobby for him. But maybe he shouldn't start at the top, keep some fish alive in the tanks he already has. When he's managed that then upgrade.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

FakingIt_MakingIt wrote:So how long until these fish die too? And it cant be the tanks fault this time because clearly someone else was keeping them alive, maybe Cullen can blame it on the stress of the move?

I think its great that he has taken an interest in something, it could be a great hobby for him. But maybe he shouldn't start at the top, keep some fish alive in the tanks he already has. When he's managed that then upgrade.
Exactly my point.

Plus if people aren’t going to take care of their pets properly, then I’d rather they be like Bryan or E&J and pay someone to do it. Pets deserve proper care.

And don’t get more when you can’t take care of the pets you have. Cullen’s hobby could instead be dog walking and nail trimming Image

theg0ssiping1
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Unread post by theg0ssiping1 »

can someone catch me up on their marital issues? i always unsub from them then find myself crawling back when they pull another dramatic stunt for views and it sucks me in......please?
in a world full of youtubers choose to be honest.
MommaLindsey2
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by MommaLindsey2 »

I think what cullen has done is awesome. He learned from his mistake with the pet store that talked him into the dumb neon glowing fish (those things are mass produced and EASY to kill even for experienced fishkeepers!) He went and found an established tank that is already cycled and thriving the only thing he was doing wrong before was putting fish into an uncycled tank. He got an established tank so that shouldn't be a problem. he will be fine as long as he stays on top of water changes. The bigger the tank the easier it is to care for. I know you would think the opposite but one wrong move or one small ammonia spike and it will wipe out an entire 10 gallon. That is much harder to do with a large tank. The tank he started with was 5 gallons, those shouldn't even be sold except for maybe bettas. Pet store employees always give horrible advise and most people make the same mistake cullen made and eventually either give up on fish or do better like Cullen has. I cannot fault him for his new fish hobby. If I see him starting to neglect it I will change my mind. It is in a bad spot though, aquariums should never be in front of a window because it causes algae growth.
cynthiadancer
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by cynthiadancer »

Now that we have E&J starting a clothing line and a cookbook, and Bryan with this new studio... I'm just wondering why C&K don't seem to be moving forward at all. However unsuccessful these ventures might turn out to be for the other channels, at the very least it shows they are thinking outside of youtube. C&K's channel is so stagnant and they just don't seem to have any ambition or motivation to do anything else. I know we all have said this but youtube won't be able to support them forever whether they want it to or not. I mean, their most exciting dream come true is just a fish tank... (NOTHING at all against the fish tank or the hobby, but it just doesn't compare to a new career opportunity? Also full disclosure I did not watch the vlog about it.)
Sarai
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by Sarai »

rd_valo wrote:Cullen saying spastic man really irritated me. Not a term any one should say ImageImage

It’s not offensive in the US or used how it is in the UK.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Sarai wrote:
rd_valo wrote:Cullen saying spastic man really irritated me. Not a term any one should say ImageImage

I had no idea it’s used as a derogatory term.

Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

MommaLindsey2 wrote:I think what cullen has done is awesome. He learned from his mistake with the pet store that talked him into the dumb neon glowing fish (those things are mass produced and EASY to kill even for experienced fishkeepers!) He went and found an established tank that is already cycled and thriving the only thing he was doing wrong before was putting fish into an uncycled tank. He got an established tank so that shouldn't be a problem. he will be fine as long as he stays on top of water changes. The bigger the tank the easier it is to care for. I know you would think the opposite but one wrong move or one small ammonia spike and it will wipe out an entire 10 gallon. That is much harder to do with a large tank. The tank he started with was 5 gallons, those shouldn't even be sold except for maybe bettas. Pet store employees always give horrible advise and most people make the same mistake cullen made and eventually either give up on fish or do better like Cullen has. I cannot fault him for his new fish hobby. If I see him starting to neglect it I will change my mind. It is in a bad spot though, aquariums should never be in front of a window because it causes algae growth.
I agree, and i'm glad someone with fish experience said this more eloquently than myself. I think he is learning from his mistakes and putting forth a lot of interest and effort. I also cringed when i saw it in front of the window. I don't know very much at all about keeping fish, but yeah, that's a no no. Plus with hot AF Alabama summer coming, that it going to be hard to regulate the temp in front of that window as well.
Playsinrain
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

askeptichere wrote:
Sarai wrote:

I had no idea it’s used as a derogatory term.

Neither did I.. i sat here for the longest last night wondering if i was the only one that didn't get that post. I've used it my whole life, even called my kids that, i didn't know it was derogatory. Here in the US it just means crazy, hyper, off the walls....
MyPretties
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by MyPretties »

Neither did I.. i sat here for the longest last night wondering if i was the only one that didn't get that post. I've used it my whole life, even called my kids that, i didn't know it was derogatory. Here in the US it just means crazy, hyper, off the walls....

In Scotland, the term 'spastic' or 'spaz' is very much frowned upon - it is not 'politically correct'. Here the term spastic is used to describe some disabilities eg someone who has cerebal palsy etc. Its not a term I would ever use - this just highlights the differences in countries, its like a minefield trying to remain PC lol. Another difference between US and UK - you guys use the term 'fanny' for a butt - if you said 'fanny' here, people would really be shocked - fanny is a name some call their vagina!! :P
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

So, this might be an “out there” theory, but, anyone else think that Katie is sabotaging this fish-keeping hobby?

The biggest thing I took away from yesterday’s vlog was that Cullen got a massive tank BEFORE they were even married or living together, and it was heavily implied that Katie nipped that in the bud before he could even set it up.

It seems to me that Katie has a history of not letting Cullen have anything for himself. She discouraged him from pursuing higher education, didn’t want him to have a demanding career, decided that he would be the stay at home parent and seems reluctant to let him have any hobbies. She even seems to resent Brooks because Cullen is more involved with him to the point that he refused to say “Mama”.

Given all that, is it really that far fetched that she would deliberately sabotage this new hobby that takes his attention away from her?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:roll:
nutbagmcgee
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by nutbagmcgee »

Theirmom wrote:
She discouraged him from pursuing higher education, didn’t want him to have a demanding career, decided that he would be the stay at home parent and seems reluctant to let him have any hobbies.

What? Where did you see that she stopped him from pursuing higher education? I have watched them for years and have NEVER see that said anywhere. That would completely change my mind.
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Theirmom wrote:So, this might be an “out there” theory, but, anyone else think that Katie is sabotaging this fish-keeping hobby?

The biggest thing I took away from yesterday’s vlog was that Cullen got a massive tank BEFORE they were even married or living together, and it was heavily implied that Katie nipped that in the bud before he could even set it up.

It seems to me that Katie has a history of not letting Cullen have anything for himself. She discouraged him from pursuing higher education, didn’t want him to have a demanding career, decided that he would be the stay at home parent and seems reluctant to let him have any hobbies. She even seems to resent Brooks because Cullen is more involved with him to the point that he refused to say “Mama”.

Given all that, is it really that far fetched that she would deliberately sabotage this new hobby that takes his attention away from her?

mmit definitely doesn’t seem “out there” given their admitted marital strife. Katie wants him to be who she wants him to, and not to start trying to be who he really is. She wants to be Ellie, and for Cullen to be her Jared.

Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

nutbagmcgee wrote:
Theirmom wrote:
She discouraged him from pursuing higher education, didn’t want him to have a demanding career, decided that he would be the stay at home parent and seems reluctant to let him have any hobbies.

What? Where did you see that she stopped him from pursuing higher education? I have watched them for years and have NEVER see that said anywhere. That would completely change my mind.
It wasn’t so much a “NO, you can’t do that!” But more a “Cullen’s just FINE as he is. He doesn’t NEED more. I plan on being the breadwinner, and there’s nothing wrong with being a SAHD”.

Which is true. Nothing wrong with being a SAHP. But it definitely feels like she has always been happy to let people think Cullen isn’t career driven or has a good work ethic. SHE’S the smart one while he’s just the jock. SHE’S career driven, while he couldn’t hold down a customer service job. SHE’S prim and proper while he’s “inappropriate”. She’s better than him and he needs to know his place and show constant gratitude that she graced him with her affection.

He doesn’t need anything but her. And if he ever starts to believe otherwise she’ll set him straight.

Everything about her screams Martyr complex. Everything is so hard! Recognize her strength and sacrifice for doing the hard stuff, choosing the lowly jock, housing his dying father, parenting the difficult child, keeping the destructive pets, tending the mansion, folding the mountain of laundry, etc. She’s a better person than everyone else because she sacrifices herself at the alter of obligation and duty. Worship her.
:roll:
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

I'm not sure I've ever heard him say he wanted to continue his education, but I suppose it should have been expected with his career. He was an IT guy. I think he got a few certifications. At the time, you could get decent paying jobs with just those certifications. Technology changes so fast that you have to stay on top of your certifications to remain competitive in the field. She certainly hasn't made that easy for him. It's something he could have done while continuing to vlog.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”