C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

nutbagmcgee wrote:Is todays vlog a joke? Talking about how they help the kids behave in public when they are horrible at home and eating dinner together as a family? Deflection? I want to know what they are doing about the bad behavior at home!
They're not dumb. They've DEFINITELY seen all of the comments about cranky Brooks and both kids' bad behavior lately. They just want the engagement of positive OR negative comments. All the people that have stopped watching because the kids are poorly behaved will come back to see what they've done to improve their behavior. I'm irritated I even gave them a view.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

nutbagmcgee wrote:Is todays vlog a joke? Talking about how they help the kids behave in public when they are horrible at home and eating dinner together as a family? Deflection? I want to know what they are doing about the bad behavior at home!
I'm glad I haven't watched, then. Just the title and thumbnail irritated me.
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

askeptichere wrote:
I'm glad I haven't watched, then. Just the title and thumbnail irritated me.
Someone in the comments asked what is being done to address Gaines' interrupting. C or K responded and told the person to click the icard for a suggestion. I didn't click the link but I assume it's a link to the vlog when they were attempting to teach Gaines to put a hand on their arm when she needed to interrupt. I'm rolling my eyes so hard.

Of course Brooks was throwing food at the end of the vlog today. How about make him get down from the high chair if he throws food?!? I bet he'll pitch two or three fits and learn throwing = no more food.

If you watch Cullen's instastories, he takes of a pair of headphones and hurls them across the room and then cuts his eyes to see Cullen's reaction. The kid KNOWS better but they don't follow through with discipline.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

How about addressing your husband's behavior while out in public as well? Actions speak louder than words, and you know those kids see their dad acting a fool and making a mess in stores.
annaclinchwalsh963
Gossiper
Gossiper

Unread post by annaclinchwalsh963 »

Playsinrain wrote:
Sarai wrote:
Playsinrain wrote: Neither did I.. i sat here for the longest last night wondering if i was the only one that didn't get that post. I've used it my whole life, even called my kids that, i didn't know it was derogatory. Here in the US it just means crazy, hyper, off the walls....
I believe it’s akin to the r-word in the UK. Image
Yikes, i had no idea!! It doesn't have the same stigma here at all.
In Australia it began as a medical term for example my ( now DEC) little brothers medical records show as him having spastic hand response , meaning gripped constantly with thumbs under.
It was a common term for a variety of delays bullies at school when I was little called kids spastics. Over time and the PC culture it became known as a derogatory term and is no longer commonly used.unsure if still used as medical terminology but definitely can't call someone that in Australia

Sent from my ZTE BLADE A112 using Tapatalk
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

Wow. They’ve fallen pretty far. Their “advice” to keep kids well-behaved in public is to bribe them.

I’m all for positive reinforcement, but that only works if you withhold the reward when they act up. Those kids were definitely getting those toys regardless of how they behaved.
The sticker charts only work if you also TAKE AWAY stickers if they act up. Most importantly, rewards are only half of it. You don’t just reward good behaviour, you reprimand bad behaviour. Behave=get a reward. Misbehave=lose a privilege.

Although, in my opinion, it’s poor parenting to always reward your kids for behaving well. Good behaviour is an EXPECTATION. Rewards are for EXCEEDING expectations, not just meeting them. No, you do not get a cookie for cleaning your toys. You get to KEEP them. No, you don’t get a toy for not having a tantrum at the store, you get to not get sent to time out as soon as we get home. Respect and continued privileges are the rewards for behaviour that meets expectations.

These people really think that bribery is good parenting advice.
:roll:
Baconsgirl

Unread post by Baconsgirl »

the vlogs are 3 days behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ducklings4
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by Ducklings4 »

Theirmom wrote:Wow. They’ve fallen pretty far. Their “advice” to keep kids well-behaved in public is to bribe them.

I’m all for positive reinforcement, but that only works if you withhold the reward when they act up. Those kids were definitely getting those toys regardless of how they behaved.
The sticker charts only work if you also TAKE AWAY stickers if they act up. Most importantly, rewards are only half of it. You don’t just reward good behaviour, you reprimand bad behaviour. Behave=get a reward. Misbehave=lose a privilege.

Although, in my opinion, it’s poor parenting to always reward your kids for behaving well. Good behaviour is an EXPECTATION. Rewards are for EXCEEDING expectations, not just meeting them. No, you do not get a cookie for cleaning your toys. You get to KEEP them. No, you don’t get a toy for not having a tantrum at the store, you get to not get sent to time out as soon as we get home. Respect and continued privileges are the rewards for behaviour that meets expectations.

These people really think that bribery is good parenting advice.
So true. Our kids did not have an option. Behave or be in time out. We never caved and we were always consistent. My husband got a bonus at work for going above and beyond, not doing the bare minimum. My kids got treats for the same reason.

spooky
Informer
Informer

Unread post by spooky »

They're joking with the parental advice, right? Gaines has been running that house for ages and nothing they do now is going to undo the behaviors they've let her get away with. I feel for Brooks; Katie's post the other day referring to him as "not being a touchy-feely kid" really got to me considering I don't know these people. I know it's hard to read tone online, but with everything going on, it felt like a loaded statement.

We all know Katie is clinging to the life she thinks she's entitled to and Brooks is failing at being cuddly, calm and easy to parent like Gaines was. It would've been interesting to see how a male sibling would've done in GrandDolly's household.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Speaking of Grand Dolly, why haven’t they started Grand Dolly Days with Brooks yet? Pretty sure Gaines was already going when she was Brooks’ age.

FitMom
Talker
Talker

Unread post by FitMom »

These two should not be giving any parenting advice. Lately, it seems that B&M are better parents than C&K. The amount of dangerous things that they allow the kids to do is alarming. I was cringing watching Brooks stand and walk on top of a ping pong table. He is a toddler and they are naturally clumsy. Why risk a fall???
Ambrosia
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Ambrosia »

Have they said if they’re going to playlist or not?
Theirmom
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Theirmom »

spooky wrote: I feel for Brooks; Katie's post the other day referring to him as "not being a touchy-feely kid" really got to me considering I don't know these people. I know it's hard to read tone online, but with everything going on, it felt like a loaded statement.
Hmm. We all know how much resentment she has towards Cullen that touch isn’t his love language. I wonder if she’s the same with Brooks.

She puts up with Gaines when she’s being a down right little snot, because it comes with kisses and cuddles. Brooks so much as pouts and she takes to social media about what a martyr she is for continuing to love that hellion. I wonder if she’d be half so annoyed if he was a snuggler.
:roll:
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

Theirmom wrote:
spooky wrote: I feel for Brooks; Katie's post the other day referring to him as "not being a touchy-feely kid" really got to me considering I don't know these people. I know it's hard to read tone online, but with everything going on, it felt like a loaded statement.
Hmm. We all know how much resentment she has towards Cullen that touch isn’t his love language. I wonder if she’s the same with Brooks.

She puts up with Gaines when she’s being a down right little snot, because it comes with kisses and cuddles. Brooks so much as pouts and she takes to social media about what a martyr she is for continuing to love that hellion. I wonder if she’d be half so annoyed if he was a snuggler.
Poor Brooks is “just like his father” in Katie’s eyes and I feel like all the things she can’t control and dislikes about one she sees in the other and blames them for too. She can act like she has it all together, but there are definitely still issues with her marriage. She can’t stand Cullen and is unwilling to let him be who he is, and by association Brooks is going to always be less than MG for this same reason. MG is Katie and Brooks is Cullen. It’s all very sad.

Baconsgirl

FitMom wrote:These two should not be giving any parenting advice. Lately, it seems that B&M are better parents than C&K. The amount of dangerous things that they allow the kids to do is alarming. I was cringing watching Brooks stand and walk on top of a ping pong table. He is a toddler and they are naturally clumsy. Why risk a fall???
LOL I haven’t watched the daily bumps in a while and I agree with that statement.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

FitMom wrote:These two should not be giving any parenting advice. Lately, it seems that B&M are better parents than C&K. The amount of dangerous things that they allow the kids to do is alarming. I was cringing watching Brooks stand and walk on top of a ping pong table. He is a toddler and they are naturally clumsy. Why risk a fall???
My daughter showed me the instastories of Brooks on the ping pong table, and I said exactly the same thing! What was he thinking? Is everything for footage these days?

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

C&K: The 'D' Word. Part #17

Theirmom wrote:

If she’s really looking for affirmations of love from her 1 year old, that’s seriously fucked.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Do yourself a favor and skip today's vlog. The entire thing is Cullen acting like an idiot with those 20 year olds from Legendary Shots. And he spends the first minute of the vlog sucking food out of his teeth with his tongue.
Baconsgirl

askeptichere wrote:Do yourself a favor and skip today's vlog. The entire thing is Cullen acting like an idiot with those 20 year olds from Legendary Shots. And he spends the first minute of the vlog sucking food out of his teeth with his tongue.
lol listen to her. Super stupid vlog. I hate when he hangs out with these people.

lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

askeptichere wrote:Do yourself a favor and skip today's vlog. The entire thing is Cullen acting like an idiot with those 20 year olds from Legendary Shots. And he spends the first minute of the vlog sucking food out of his teeth with his tongue.
Thank you for sparing me that. I don't think I could handle it.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”