C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

twomommies
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Unread post by twomommies »

janica wrote:I'm going to quit watching Cullen and Katie because of their homophobic remarks in the comments. Such a shame.
What did they say?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Daphne32
Amateur
Amateur
Has thanked: 0

Unread post by Daphne32 »

twomommies wrote:
janica wrote:I'm going to quit watching Cullen and Katie because of their homophobic remarks in the comments. Such a shame.
What did they say?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Did they respond with homophobic remarks? If they did, they’re gone now. I saw a lot of people commenting about it, though. I don’t know why people are acting surprised. They’re Southern Christians, more than likely Southern Baptist, and those views don’t align with a gay lifestyle.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by askeptichere »

Did C&K comment homophobic things? I went to the vlog to read the comment section, and it's an absolute train wreck, but I didn't see anything from C&K. Did they delete it? Do you remember what exactly was said? Please say someone got a screenshot!
auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Their video views are atrocious. The only videos that do well are the ones that take advantage of Brooks being sick. The max Social Blade estimate for their monthly income is $6,000. Let's say that's accurate (and it's not), that means they're making $72k a year. In reality they're making less, but we don't know how to factor in sponsorships or anything else so we'll call it $72k a year. The median income for a family in their area, according to a 2010 census, is $94,066. They bought their house for $640k, and while we have no idea what their mortgage costs, based on their income that's a very expensive house. I couldn't find info on their HOA fees on the neighborhood website, but I did find a reminder to residents that the golf course is for golfers only and no walkers or pets are permitted on it at any time lol.

Basically, they're a family of four making absolutely maximum $72k a year living in a 5 bedroom country club home. Add up all of Katie's shopping expenses, their AC bills which must be astronomical in a giant house in AL, electricity/water/internet, two phones, health and car insurance, groceries, toys and things for the kids, all of Cullen's new podcast equipment... They must be going broke.
OMG! Can you tell what the date of the reminder about the golf course was? I’m so curious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
janica
Talker
Talker

Unread post by janica »

They "loved" every comment that involved anti-gay remarks such as: "Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve". And their passive aggresiveness is out of the roof.

Granddolly is a hard core Trump fan, so I guess Cullen and Katie are too. Poor Brooks and Gaines.
My apologies for any grammar or spelling mistakes. English is not my first language :love2:
HelloSweetie
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by HelloSweetie »

janica wrote:They "loved" every comment that involved anti-gay remarks such as: "Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve". And their passive aggresiveness is out of the roof.

Granddolly is a hard core Trump fan, so I guess Cullen and Katie are too. Poor Brooks and Gaines.
Disgusting

auntasaurus19
Informer
Informer

C&K: Marital Woes, Becoming Like Foes | Part 19

Unread post by auntasaurus19 »

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... 34fb9c.png[/img]

Did anyone else notice Katie walk away from her one year old son IN THE POOL ALONE to go help her screaming bratty daughter with her goggles?

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... 3456bf.png[/img]

chloe6124
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by chloe6124 »

RootBeerFloatie wrote:Their video views are atrocious. The only videos that do well are the ones that take advantage of Brooks being sick. The max Social Blade estimate for their monthly income is $6,000. Let's say that's accurate (and it's not), that means they're making $72k a year. In reality they're making less, but we don't know how to factor in sponsorships or anything else so we'll call it $72k a year. The median income for a family in their area, according to a 2010 census, is $94,066. They bought their house for $640k, and while we have no idea what their mortgage costs, based on their income that's a very expensive house. I couldn't find info on their HOA fees on the neighborhood website, but I did find a reminder to residents that the golf course is for golfers only and no walkers or pets are permitted on it at any time lol.

Basically, they're a family of four making absolutely maximum $72k a year living in a 5 bedroom country club home. Add up all of Katie's shopping expenses, their AC bills which must be astronomical in a giant house in AL, electricity/water/internet, two phones, health and car insurance, groceries, toys and things for the kids, all of Cullen's new podcast equipment... They must be going broke.
Your also forgetting that doesn’t include taxes. That has to be taken out and paid also. I don’t know how they afford their house. It’s over a 600k house. Unless they got a inheritance somewhere.

Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

Not surprised by this trash. We’ve known about Cullen’s racist remarks. Where there is racism, the other “isms” are usually lurking as well.

askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

They don't give a shit anymore. What's better for a YT channel than a big scandal? People would for sure tune in for a shitshow. I predict we'll start seeing more and more polarizing comments from Cullen.
Lovethesnark
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by Lovethesnark »

askeptichere wrote:They don't give a shit anymore. What's better for a YT channel than a big scandal? People would for sure tune in for a shitshow. I predict we'll start seeing more and more polarizing comments from Cullen.
Yep.. maybe he thinks the red hats will flock to the channel?
Lurker4Life
Informer
Informer

Unread post by Lurker4Life »

One thing I can't stand is when online personalities are rude to their followers when it is uncalled for. I fell unless the comments are being downright abusive and rude that whoever is making the content should be appreciative and respectful towards their followers. I think its what separates a lot of the wanna be big youtubers and the actually big youtubers. Cullen and Katie will never pick up traction or gain more subscribers because they are downright rude and passive aggressive to their subs (obviously not new information). If you look at bigger subscribers and those whose channel has grown massively, i.e Jojo, Jacksepticeye, Colleen Ballinger and her channels etc. they have all grown and then lasted because they rarely, if ever, get snarky or rude publically to their followers and maintain to as high a degree as possible a 'person next door' attitude.

I think what has done it for me tonight (though I unsubbed long ago) was seeing that C&K had like 'Between you and the comments above and below you this whole comments section is the pits'

Like for people trying to run a 'business' which soley relies on people liking them they sure do a pitiful job. Be mature and address any issues you have in your comments and work towards making your community better, not acting like passive aggressive teenagers who thrive on making sideline snarky remarks. Eventually your viewerbase will grow up and grow out of you.
askeptichere
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Lovethesnark wrote:
askeptichere wrote:They don't give a shit anymore. What's better for a YT channel than a big scandal? People would for sure tune in for a shitshow. I predict we'll start seeing more and more polarizing comments from Cullen.
Yep.. maybe he thinks the red hats will flock to the channel?
He seems to idolize Shay Carl still, liking his tweets and wearing Trixin clothes. There's been theories that Cullen stays up late for other reasons than editing. I would not be surprised if he had a similar scandal to Shay's. Maybe even manufacture a scandal along with Katie to gain views. Then they could really milk the whole marriage struggles/counseling bit they had going for a while.
aggieyorkie
Amateur
Amateur

Unread post by aggieyorkie »

I’m the one who made the remark about Katie saying man or woman* of Gaines’ dreams. Yeah. Hi. I’m just so fed up with Katie feeding Gaines and brooks all this gender stereotyping, southern belle and southern gentleman bullshit. She so desperately wants to keep this holier than thou southern rich family facade. Katie wants Gaines to be a little princess which for the most part she is (or was until recently) and Brooks’ lovely personality doesn’t fit her narrative so she hides or ignores it.

I’ve watched since before Gaines was born and they have become unbearable. To think I HIGHLY adored these two and completely looked up to Katie as a parent, knowing I would definitely be following her example once I had my own baby...we were TTC when i found their channel and lo and behold, I now have an 18 month old daughter and at 26 years old I know just with common sense and no child psychology degree that they are BOTH idiots! No example to look after at all! And that video was the final straw. I’m straight, I’m cis, but that’s beside the point because I know if I want to call myself any sort of ally I cannot be following these fake ass people. So done with them. Stop pretending your life is perfect. Your kid may grow up and identify as gay - then what? Will brooks be the favorite THEN? Whatever fits Katie’s narrative...
ewokfan11
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Unread post by ewokfan11 »

aggieyorkie wrote:I’m the one who made the remark about Katie saying man or woman* of Gaines’ dreams. Yeah. Hi. I’m just so fed up with Katie feeding Gaines and brooks all this gender stereotyping, southern belle and southern gentleman bullshit.
Yes, that really irritated me too. They both kept emphasizing marrying a "man of her dreams." Jeez. Maybe all little girls play fantasy wedding- princess stuff, but they kept saying "man," but Gaines never mentioned a guy. LOL

I kind of think that do that crap on purpose to drum up controversy. They should be careful with that. I'm already unsubbed because I can't stand Cullen, but they could alienate a big chunk of their audience. Although, I think most of their dedicated viewers like them for their "values."
janica
Talker
Talker

Unread post by janica »

aggieyorkie wrote:I’m the one who made the remark about Katie saying man or woman* of Gaines’ dreams. Yeah. Hi. I’m just so fed up with Katie feeding Gaines and brooks all this gender stereotyping, southern belle and southern gentleman bullshit. She so desperately wants to keep this holier than thou southern rich family facade. Katie wants Gaines to be a little princess which for the most part she is (or was until recently) and Brooks’ lovely personality doesn’t fit her narrative so she hides or ignores it.

I’ve watched since before Gaines was born and they have become unbearable. To think I HIGHLY adored these two and completely looked up to Katie as a parent, knowing I would definitely be following her example once I had my own baby...we were TTC when i found their channel and lo and behold, I now have an 18 month old daughter and at 26 years old I know just with common sense and no child psychology degree that they are BOTH idiots! No example to look after at all! And that video was the final straw. I’m straight, I’m cis, but that’s beside the point because I know if I want to call myself any sort of ally I cannot be following these fake ass people. So done with them. Stop pretending your life is perfect. Your kid may grow up and identify as gay - then what? Will brooks be the favorite THEN? Whatever fits Katie’s narrative...
As a bisexual, thank you for setting a great example! I saw your comment and I was like preach girl haha
My apologies for any grammar or spelling mistakes. English is not my first language :love2:
lmmomSD
Super Moddie
Super Moddie

Unread post by lmmomSD »

auntasaurus19 wrote:[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... 34fb9c.png[/img]

Did anyone else notice Katie walk away from her one year old son IN THE POOL ALONE to go help her screaming bratty daughter with her goggles?

[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201807 ... 3456bf.png[/img]

What prompted the "Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve" comment? I refuse to watch, even on Hooktube.
Love, how the mighty have fallen! I remember when this thread was 95% positive. And if you said negative things about them, you got swarmed. Things sure have changed!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

auntasaurus19 wrote:

OMG! Can you tell what the date of the reminder about the golf course was? I’m so curious!

It was 2016 so it wasn't directed at them specifically, but it is definitely a rule.
madi_b_123
Informer
Informer

Unread post by madi_b_123 »

There is literally no way someone can defend them liking homophobic comments unless they themselves are homophobic. It’s one thing to believe something due to religious beliefs but it’s a completely different thing to force your beliefs on someone else. Also just wanted to point out that not all Christians are against same sex marriage. I, myself, am a Christian and also consider myself an ally to the LGBTQ+ community. Jesus said the greatest commandment was love. He didn’t specify who we should love as Christians and who we should not love. Love is love!

RootBeerFloatie
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Unread post by RootBeerFloatie »

Plus no one is forcing them to like any comments. They chose to do that on their own, not addressing the "controversy" but liking all of the homophobic comments. At least come out and say it assholes.

Return to “Cullen and Katie”